Che Lagarto hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I didnt enjoy staying here. I had some great expectations given this is well known chain, yet the rooms and shared spaces were really crowded. Rooms were not.clean at all nor were the bathrooms. And they dont even offer towel rent service... all they did was just send me somewhere 5blocks away to go and try look for a towel. I was so disappointed I left to a hotel after my first night.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Peru

Awesome staff and awesome location. Really close to the beach. Very clean hostel.

This hostel is great! (if you like party hostels, music till 12) The staff is very friendly and helpfull, it felt like home. Thanks Douglas (as promised) and the rest also, you are all great! As usual (in Z-A) the beds are a bit short for european standard, and the bathrooms are what you expect from a hostel. Good breakfast, good location close to the beach, all rooms are secure and big lockers in the room. I Would definatly come back to this hostel.

great location. but the hot water didn't work when we were there so it was a bit of a letdown. plus the bottom sheets on the bed were stained and they just put clean ones over the top of them.

Amazing staff. Great atmosphere. Good location, good facilities, decent breakfast. Good facilities. Just fantastic stay. Really recommended.

always the best in rio!

The staff we're extremely helpful and always made sure everyone was having a good time. Our rooms we're cleaned 3 times a day to make sure there wasn't sand everywhere. Great location just near the beach

2 Points to Note: —This is the party hostel of Ipanema. —Don't count on the Internet working all the time. It only seems to work half of the time.

The staff on front desk are lovely .. Apart from that the rooms are below par, bathrooms pretty gross

I think Che Lagarto Ipanema it's a great hostel, the staff is awsome very cool people and willing to help you on anything you need.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The staff was really helpful and they really care about showing you a good time.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Nice atmosphere, helpful/friendly staff and good facilities, including a good bar. Also in a good location in a safer area of rio. A little on the pricey side though.

Great place! Great Location! Great Environment! Great Staff (Henrique and Igor were very good hosts), Huge lockers!

One of the Top five Hostels I've been at. Staff is great and the place is very clean!

Great location but I felt really unsafe here. Anyone could wander into the building and into my room so I left after two days as I was afraid someone would steal my belongings. The staff were really rude upon arrival and didnt even look at me as I checked in. That said, some were nice and helpful when I asked for some directions. Breakfast is good and the room facilities are fine. Very noise as opposite a pub and people seem to be there just to party.

This was the best hostel I have been in Brazil. Very good in all ways. Large rooms, very good space to accommodate luggage. Bathroom in the room. Air conditioning running 24 hours and in excellent working condition, excellent breakfast. Very good location, Close to the beach and Leblon shopping district . The hostel seems to have been renovated in a year ago. Excellent . Grade 10. We need more like this hostel in Brazil.

Would not stay at this hostel again, very cramped rooms, beds have no barriers and are next to high up open windows, cleaners don´t clean, gross bathrooms, water went off for ages, dirty kitchen. Staff were nice but didn´t seem to know what was going on a lot of the time. Breakfast was nice though and they have a water machine!

reception and bar looks really nice. breakfast was good as well. in 8-bed dorm the electrictiy didn't seem to enough there. little bit noisy from the ba on the 1st floor.

can get kinda crazy and loud inthe hostels bar on weekends but overall okay

• 30th Oct 2013

There is a good vibe in the hostel.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels