Che Lagarto hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Richard, the manager, was very attentive and informative. The favela tour that was booked through the hostel was one of the highlights of the trip. The rooms were small but clean. Wonderful location.

One of the best hostels I have been to in South America hands down

• 16th Jul 2014

Best staff ever! I love this place and the location! I would love to stay here again!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Staff is great, fun hostel for sure! A block from ipanema beach, it's perfect. Definitely check out this hostel.

Great staff! really realy friendly and always happy and wanting to help! GO THERE!!!

• 14th Jul 2014

Great staff. Good location. Not super clean in the 10 person mix dorm. Sooo many people there during the World Cup claustrophobic.

• 8th Jul 2014

Excellent location right near the beach, comfy beds and decent shower. Breakfast was pretty tasty too. My only problem was I booked a taxi with the hostel to the airport which never turned up and had to share with another couple from the hostel. Problem was we had all pre paid the for the taxi so effectively the hostel made money out of it. This slightly soured my experience of the hostel

Good place to stay. Staff very knowlegeable about the city and transportation.

Hostel was in an amazing location close to the beach, shopping, restaurants and buses. I didn't have to walk more than 5 minutes to get to anything.

Very good atmosphere staff are really nice! Met a lot of good people and was a good stay. Free capridinha voucher on arrival and a great breakfast in the morning.

great place. friendly and easy in and out. facilities could be improved upon.

I stayed at Che Legarto Ipanema for 10 days in late May. After travelling through South America for five weeks, this was the only Backpackers that I felt compelled to write a review for. The location is excellent, just one minute walk to the beach, the staff are super friendly and helpful, and the vibe of the hostel is great – everyone is friendly and social and ready to have a great time. Johnathan, one of the receptionists is super helpful and made our stay so easy. Thanks for a great time,

• 20th May 2014
  • New Zealand

I had a great time at Che Lagarto. Ricardo and the other staff members were very friendly, knowledgable and fun to meet. I recommend this place.

• 8th May 2014
  • Mexico

Very good place! Near to Ipanema beach and all that you need.... Clean bedroom and bathrooms and an admirable security! Staffs are also very nice! Unfortunately, they do not accept credit card

I stayed at this hostel recently and I was very impressed with the level of costumer service provided by the staff. The atmosphere was inviting, the staff were hospitable and social. It was obvious that they wanted to accommodate any request I had. They were able to answer any questions I had and helped me navigate my way around the city. The location of the hostel is perfect, considering its waking distance to the beach and close to other shops and restaurants. I felt safe at all times.

• 17th Apr 2014

I didnt enjoy staying here. I had some great expectations given this is well known chain, yet the rooms and shared spaces were really crowded. Rooms were not.clean at all nor were the bathrooms. And they dont even offer towel rent service... all they did was just send me somewhere 5blocks away to go and try look for a towel. I was so disappointed I left to a hotel after my first night.

The staff is friendly and the rooms and bathrooms are clean. Very good price for the service.

• 9th Apr 2014

Awesome staff and awesome location. Really close to the beach. Very clean hostel.

This hostel is great! (if you like party hostels, music till 12) The staff is very friendly and helpfull, it felt like home. Thanks Douglas (as promised) and the rest also, you are all great! As usual (in Z-A) the beds are a bit short for european standard, and the bathrooms are what you expect from a hostel. Good breakfast, good location close to the beach, all rooms are secure and big lockers in the room. I Would definatly come back to this hostel.

great location. but the hot water didn't work when we were there so it was a bit of a letdown. plus the bottom sheets on the bed were stained and they just put clean ones over the top of them.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels