Che Lagarto hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

always the best in rio!

The staff we're extremely helpful and always made sure everyone was having a good time. Our rooms we're cleaned 3 times a day to make sure there wasn't sand everywhere. Great location just near the beach

2 Points to Note: —This is the party hostel of Ipanema. —Don't count on the Internet working all the time. It only seems to work half of the time.

The staff on front desk are lovely .. Apart from that the rooms are below par, bathrooms pretty gross

I think Che Lagarto Ipanema it's a great hostel, the staff is awsome very cool people and willing to help you on anything you need.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The staff was really helpful and they really care about showing you a good time.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Nice atmosphere, helpful/friendly staff and good facilities, including a good bar. Also in a good location in a safer area of rio. A little on the pricey side though.

Great place! Great Location! Great Environment! Great Staff (Henrique and Igor were very good hosts), Huge lockers!

One of the Top five Hostels I've been at. Staff is great and the place is very clean!

Great location but I felt really unsafe here. Anyone could wander into the building and into my room so I left after two days as I was afraid someone would steal my belongings. The staff were really rude upon arrival and didnt even look at me as I checked in. That said, some were nice and helpful when I asked for some directions. Breakfast is good and the room facilities are fine. Very noise as opposite a pub and people seem to be there just to party.

This was the best hostel I have been in Brazil. Very good in all ways. Large rooms, very good space to accommodate luggage. Bathroom in the room. Air conditioning running 24 hours and in excellent working condition, excellent breakfast. Very good location, Close to the beach and Leblon shopping district . The hostel seems to have been renovated in a year ago. Excellent . Grade 10. We need more like this hostel in Brazil.

Would not stay at this hostel again, very cramped rooms, beds have no barriers and are next to high up open windows, cleaners don´t clean, gross bathrooms, water went off for ages, dirty kitchen. Staff were nice but didn´t seem to know what was going on a lot of the time. Breakfast was nice though and they have a water machine!

reception and bar looks really nice. breakfast was good as well. in 8-bed dorm the electrictiy didn't seem to enough there. little bit noisy from the ba on the 1st floor.

can get kinda crazy and loud inthe hostels bar on weekends but overall okay

• 30th Oct 2013

There is a good vibe in the hostel.

Great location, and in a safe area. Staff very helpful, basic room but secure. Not enough sockets in hostel bedroom (shared a 10 person dorm)for charging phones etc which is important for me. Free internet on 3 PCs in communal area was good.

On hostelworld it was advertised as book 4 days, only pay 3. I booked 4 but then when I got there had to argue to get this because the girl seemed to know nothing about it. Also had to argue to not pay 10% deposit again as the girl was sure this deposit goes to Hostelworld and not the hostel. Then made to feel like I had been done a big favor. I was then sent off to room without my passport or a room key. Then on the last day there were renovations being done right outside the room, at 6am!

Good location and good breakfast. Basic facilities and slightly sterile atmosphere.

You get what you pay for. It is super cheap and in a good location in ipanema. Fun hostel for partying as well. But the room was a bit grimy, the toilet didnt flush and most importanty, the lockers were useless. You could access someone elses compartment locker by pulling the middle compartment with little effort. So we didnt feel safe leaving our stuff there so we moved.

Awesome location (right near shops, restaurants, bars and beach), absolutely lovely staff and a wonderful atmosphere which I think is encouraged massively by the star manager. Staff were all so happy and helpful, making everyone feel welcome. Rooms were also nice- clean with comfortable beds :) would 100% recommend to anyone visiting the area.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels