Che Lagarto hostel Morro de Sao Paulo Reviews

Rua da Fonte Grande, S/Nº, Morro de Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great hostel with great staff and security. Brand new and good quality bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas. Whilst they are also perfectly located in Lapa- right in the mix of the street parties and vibrant atmosphere! Would highly recommend this hostel and would definitely stay there again when im in Rio!

• 4th Apr 2014

Staff organise evening activities to help travellers bond which is nice. Great to have a pool and table tennis table. Decent stay

I had a great time at Che lagarto Hostel in Morro de SP. Everything was great!

• 1st Mar 2014

Be aware that: 1º The hostel charged us AGAIN the 10% that we antecipated in the booking (I'll contact HW officially about this practice) 2º My mom got a whisky bottle as a gift (we were in Morro partying her bday) and when we came back the whisky was gone from our room. No one said a thing about it the whole day, and when we complained, the receptionists said like 'oops, we got it, alcohol is forbidden in the rooms'. Such a pity, the hostel has great facilities and nice people visiting it.

It´s my second time in Che Lagarto Hostel and i enjoyed it. Staff is very kindly and helpful. Che Lagarto is very well located. The breakfast is awesome, the atmosphere in the hostel is good. Rooms are clean with cable TV , internet is also good. Resuming ... it's a very good hostel. I'd recommend it !!!

Good location, easy to get to when you arrive, a little walk from the beaches, but I enjoyed the walk (only 10 mins tops) clise to supermarket, bank and restaurants. Super clean - no musty/mould smell that I read about in other reviews- it was fine! Breakfast was delicious, staff very friendly, communal areas were cool to chill out in. Wifi is sliw but works- computers have faster connection. Loved my stay here!

Wifi was slow but i imagine that's more down to the fact its on an island. Not enough sockets in room although no less than normal for south american hostel. Otherwise staff friendly and good facilities, location good and nice atmosphere. Good value for money, has its minor flaws but would definitely recommend it.

We had a fantastic time at the hostel. There was a really nice vibe and the staff were great.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Cool place, especially if you want to meet people and party! Caipirinhas are cheap!

This hostel was okay but not great compared to others I have been to in Brazil. Everywhere smelt of damp, and the kitchen was outside so lots of bugs around when cooking. Positives were a good location and helpful staff.

nice breakfast, really friendly staff, great location and setup - loved it!

The common area is nice. It's easy to meet people there. The breakfast is ok, but they should to extend it till noon (it finishes at 10am). In my room the bunk beds didn't have stairs. They should to screen the "window" of the bathroom to keep bugs outside.

Excellent place to stay. It is a big hostel in a good location. The staff was awesome, someday they had some trouble with the distribution of water so they took us to take a shower in the next door hostel. They were very concerned about us. The barman Niko was very nice and the common area is perfect. The atmosphere is good, with trees on the back garden and drinking at night was nice during playing some table tennis.

I had such a great experience there. The staff is really helpful, and it feels like home. The commom area is amazing. The breakfast is excellent, with many options. I've really enjoyed my stay there. The only bad side is that our bedroom was humid, smelling like mold.

The facilities are very good but the rooms are horrible and very small. The staff is the worst part. Not helpful at all and very moody. Location is perfect.

Good Hostel, perfect location close to clubs ans restaurant, not too far from the beer, clean rooms, decent breakfast. For this price you can't go wrong.

This has been the worst hostel we have stayed in on our travels so far. Over priced with a horrible atmosphere.

The location isn't that great for this hostel compared to the other inns that are right in front of the beach (this one's about 10' walk to the beach), but it's still a good place to stay, with good atmosphere and great breakfast

I totally recommend Che Lagarto especially if you are looking forward to meet people from all over the world, it`s amazing!

• 14th Dec 2012
  • Uruguay

We enjoyed our stay at the Che Lagarto Hostel mainly due to its excellent location and amazing staff. The hostel is currently undergoing some major renovations which influences the accessibility of Wifi and reception facilities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3