Che Lagarto hostel Morro de Sao Paulo Reviews

Rua da Fonte Grande, S/Nº, Morro de Sao Paulo, Brazil

Staff was nice, rooms were good and common are was very cool. Great hostel!

Absolutely loved this hostel!! :D One of the friendliest hostels I've stayed in, lovely, friendly, young staff who make an effort to get everyone involved in things like pizza/burger/games nights a few nights a week, cheap bar and there's a pool table and table tennis table too! The island itself is gorgeous and it's only about a ten minute walk to the main beach :) highly recommendable!

The reception staff were really friendly and helpful. The location was good too. The bar is open till 12 and is quite cheap. We didnt use the kitchen but it didnt look great. But there are loads of cheap restaurants to eat in so it didnt really matter. The rooms and bathrooms were a bit cramped but they were very secure. The private rooms looked really nice.

Good hostel overall. Rooms were very nice with huge bed a d cable tv. Downstairs bar was cool and pool a d table tennis good also. Good breakfast. Only problem were the staff who were surly and unhelpful - too busy doing their own thing to help the guests.

Really fun atmosphere, great bar and games area.

Very nice hostel would really recommend. Fab, fun, helpful reception staff. Loved the popcorn at dinner time. Great security with hotel type card locks on each separate dorm room. Although bar area was busy the security guard made sure this finished at 12. Good for anyone with rooms on that floor. Little problems; We really needed a lock on bathroom door. No hand soap in toilets was unhygienic. Barman serving men over the heads of women waiting in line was so rude we drunk elsewhere

poor breakfast, but understandable for the money paid (also it was a low season), great friendly staff speaking english! every day something is happening- pizza, barbreque, ping-pong, billiard. Great place to stay for young people evem though its not on the beach, in Morro everything is super close anyways.

was a good place to stay, nice atmosphere. but i was very disappointed that they charged me to much (the value you still have to pay is in US-$ and they use a worse exchange rate, so i paid the full rate plus the 10% for hostelworld), better to book direktly with che lagarto. Breakfast was good (butter, fruits, jam, cake, bread, juice) but no cheese or ham, as you usually get in brasil.

Este hostel foi optimo. A gente muita boa, sempre divertido e feliz. I really enjoyed my time at Che Legarto, mainly due to the friendliness and kindness of the staff. It was nice to stay in a hostel that is as popular with Brazilian tourist as with internationals. I'd highly recommend Che Legarto in Morro de Sao Paulo, and I'll be seeking out the chain elsewhere as well.

• 27th Apr 2014

Great hostel with great staff and security. Brand new and good quality bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas. Whilst they are also perfectly located in Lapa- right in the mix of the street parties and vibrant atmosphere! Would highly recommend this hostel and would definitely stay there again when im in Rio!

• 4th Apr 2014

Staff organise evening activities to help travellers bond which is nice. Great to have a pool and table tennis table. Decent stay

I had a great time at Che lagarto Hostel in Morro de SP. Everything was great!

• 1st Mar 2014

Be aware that: 1º The hostel charged us AGAIN the 10% that we antecipated in the booking (I'll contact HW officially about this practice) 2º My mom got a whisky bottle as a gift (we were in Morro partying her bday) and when we came back the whisky was gone from our room. No one said a thing about it the whole day, and when we complained, the receptionists said like 'oops, we got it, alcohol is forbidden in the rooms'. Such a pity, the hostel has great facilities and nice people visiting it.

It´s my second time in Che Lagarto Hostel and i enjoyed it. Staff is very kindly and helpful. Che Lagarto is very well located. The breakfast is awesome, the atmosphere in the hostel is good. Rooms are clean with cable TV , internet is also good. Resuming ... it's a very good hostel. I'd recommend it !!!

Good location, easy to get to when you arrive, a little walk from the beaches, but I enjoyed the walk (only 10 mins tops) clise to supermarket, bank and restaurants. Super clean - no musty/mould smell that I read about in other reviews- it was fine! Breakfast was delicious, staff very friendly, communal areas were cool to chill out in. Wifi is sliw but works- computers have faster connection. Loved my stay here!

Wifi was slow but i imagine that's more down to the fact its on an island. Not enough sockets in room although no less than normal for south american hostel. Otherwise staff friendly and good facilities, location good and nice atmosphere. Good value for money, has its minor flaws but would definitely recommend it.

We had a fantastic time at the hostel. There was a really nice vibe and the staff were great.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Cool place, especially if you want to meet people and party! Caipirinhas are cheap!

This hostel was okay but not great compared to others I have been to in Brazil. Everywhere smelt of damp, and the kitchen was outside so lots of bugs around when cooking. Positives were a good location and helpful staff.

nice breakfast, really friendly staff, great location and setup - loved it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4