Che Lagarto hostel Paraty Reviews

Rua Benina Toledo do Prado, 22, Paraty, Brazil

We stayed in the 6-person room. There were 3 bunks / 6 beds in a space that would be better for 2 bunks / 4 beds. The door banged into one of the bunks every time it opened, and even then could only open part way. It was clean, though very humid and the bathroom got / stayed really wet. The common area outside had a nice atmosphere. The service was fair - most of the staff were kind of "spacey": you'd ask something and they'd leave to look it up / ask / help and were just as likely to never come

The rooms were tiny, we were in a 6 bed dorm that would've been tight for 4. The kitchen is tiny and not very clean, but the breakfast was great

No one likes the stuffs here

This hostel was really fun to stay at, the staff and the people were great. It's a short walking distance from most things within Paraty town, such as the bus station, supermarkets, restaurants, etc. The biggest complaint I have was with the cleanliness of the dorm rooms, especially the bathrooms. Also, in the shower in my dorm, everytime I touched the taps, I would get a small electric shock But otherwise, it's a great hostel especially if you want more of a party vibe

A bit too big and lacking a personal touch for my taste. Staff tended to be constantly busy so not that easy to catch for advise. Front gate left open so didn't feel that secure. Boat trip booked through hostel only went to 2 beaches so advise to look elsewhere. Room very comfortable more like hotel. Good bar area for meeting people. Don't eat at hostel as its a bit of a rip off.city centre is 5mins away and absolutely beautiful....don't get stuck spending all your time in the hostel!

I had a very good stay in Che Lagarto. I'd really indicate it to anyone at all. Staff is incredible.

morning staff (the couple) was lazy, late, and extremely rude! they were trying to charge me the whole price of the reservation without discounting the reservation fee we pay on hostelworld, and were blaming hostelworld for it.. those people dont really know how to work dealing with other people..

• 27th Apr 2014

Great atmosphere, very sociable hostel in a good location.

We had a great stay. Great location and very helpful staff. Would of been perfect but one day the staff threw our food out when they deep cleaned the kitchen, it was our own fault as it wasn't labeled (no signage) but had no idea the whole fridge was going to come out either. Kitchen didn't have a frying pan of oil and was quite small. These are the only negatives from our whole stay and we did really enjoy it. Anna was very helpful on the front desk and we sorted our a great transfer as well.

• 25th Mar 2014