Che Salguero Youth Hostel Reviews

Balcarce 576, Cordoba, Argentina

I initially booked just one night in the hostel but ended up staying for a week because I enjoyed it so much. The layout of the hostel is great, we ate asado and pollo al disco in the garden in the back. The location is great and so are the staff meaning the atmosphere of the hostel is perfect if you want to meet people, have some drinks and have a good time. Also the pancakes for breakfast were delicious.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Friendly staff, fairly close to the bus station (although I had trouble with the directions - it's a lot quicker to exit the bus station from the top floor and walk over the bus parking area). Rooms were comfortable enough. The hostel could do with a makeover as it feels a bit tired.

This is a great hostel. As others have said, it is in a great location, a short walk from the bus station and within easy walking distance to the city center, museums, and parks. Dale, the owner, is really friendly and helpful. Every morning he makes two different types of crepes (which are always delicious!) to go along with fresh fruit and cereal. The rest of the staff (the volunteers) were also great and fun to talk to. Sometimes everyone makes dinners together. Would definitely come again!

• 28th Feb 2015

I loved my time here. In only one night, I managed to talk to so many different people... The staff is really integrated in the hostel community, and they even made an asado for everyone to join together. The rooms are really clean as well as the toilets. I would recommend it to anyone.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is nicely located near the bus station, so it was an easy walk when we arrived. It also has a lot of shop, museums, etc near by. Also directly across the street there is a large park which is a nice place to spend a day just lazying around. The Hostel is mostly run by volunteer who are also traveler so they understand and try to be as helpful as possible when you come on through. Also the manger, Dale, has lots of suggestion on what you can do in the area and is always willing to help

• 26th Feb 2015

Lovely owner and hostel. Felt like home. Very safe, left my things in common areas without any problems. Great bbq when I was there. Very social

Thank you for your comments. We love what we do and all of our staff really try to make our guests feel like they are at home by providing great food and a relaxed atmosphere. We hope to see you again!

Nice hostel close to the bus station in nice area by the park. The manager was very friendly and helpful. The crepes for breakfast were great. Comfortable room and nice hammock area with garden at the back. Nice hot showers and a large bathroom.

I was expecting a bit more. The hostel is well rated but I think they should improve some things.

Your comments are a little vague so I am not sure what your unspoken concerns are. Very low in security - is very puzzling. Our front door is always locked. Everyone has to be let in the front door by staff, Our entire hostel yard is completely surrounded by walls at least 6 meters high, we provide lockers in every room to secure any personal items, We provide locks to rent or buy if the guest has no lock. I´ve managed the hostel for 9 months, not had one guest that has had anything stolen.

A very loud and noisy hostel. People were partying until 6am and the reception did not tell them to calm down a bit. Beds are comfortable.

Thanks for your comments. We are more than happy to provide rooms that are farther away from the common areas if guests let us know when they check in. Guests may congregate in the outdoor patio near that room for late night conversations and I am very sorry that they disturbed your sleep. Our staff are aware of your concerns and we will be more proactive in the future.

Really close walk to the bus station: makes for easy day trips to the small towns outside the city of cordoba. Kitchen is well stocked. Breakfast includes crepes, fruit, and cereal. Helpful and accommodating staff, the manager, Dale, is a great guy. Small rooms, but a clean place.

I stayed at this hostel for New Year and it was good fun, the hostel put on a big asado and there was a nice atmosphere. The hostel staff are really friendly and helpful.

Stayed 4 nights and had a good time at the hostel. Met some great people there with whom it was fun going out. The hostel is perfectly located for nightlife and the bus station. The whole area is very safe. The beds are comfy and all in all the hostel is clean. Unfortunately there are no locals working at the hostel who could provide you with the best informations about the city and what's going on. But would definitely stay there again.

Good hostel with decent facilities. Staff are very helpful and the atmosphere is very good. It's a great place to meet people to go partying but you can also chillax in front of the TV or in the courtyard.

I was organizing an expedition to Aconcagua, and I needed a place to send my equipment from Ecuador. The owner, Dale, went above and beyond for me. He is never too busy to help out backpackers, and always has a kind word for you. AND he makes the best crepes in the world...a different flavour every morning for breakfast. The hostel is clean, comfortable, and has a wonderful atmosphere. This hostel was the highlight of my stay in Cordoba! -Marty Canadian Alpinist, 24 years old

• 11th Dec 2014

Best place to stay in Cordoba. The staff and volunteers are the best part; they treat you like family, invite you out, and bend over backwards to make your stay as comfortable and fun as possible. The common area is well-equipped for a good time, and Lili makes the best Caiprihnas outside of Brazil. I had an amazing time here!

Good atmosphere, friendly staff (mostly travellers who stayed along the way and work there for a limited time), helpful owner. Travellers who are up for a chat or to do some activity/party together (together with the staff). If you need anything ask for Vic, he will help you out with anything.