Che Salguero Youth Hostel Reviews

Balcarce 576, Cordoba, Argentina

My favourite hostel! I plan to come back again, great atmosphere, everyone is incredibly friendly and the staff are great who speak almost every language going so you will always find someone to chat to. The hostel organises regular trips & activities and will help you out with any trips you want to organise. Dale (the owner) is brilliant, very welcoming and friendly and is very keen to help you out. Thank you for such a great time and I look forward to coming back!

Thanks! The staff and I appreciate your comments. We enjoyed having you here, and we hope to see you again! Dale

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Delicious group dinners to make it sociable, friendly and helpful staff. Cool area. Just great, great.

The staff and atmosphere make this hostel a perfect place to stay while in Cordoba. Great breakfast if your up in time as the famous crepes go quick. Thanks for the good times guys and hope to see you again. Cheers

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hostel, and the crepes that we make each morning are a favorite with our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

The place to stay in cordoba. Super friendly staff, great atmosphere. Couldn't have wished for a better time!

Thanks for the comments! Our staff works hard and they will appreciate being recognized in that way. We hope to see you again. Cheers! Dale

We really enjoyed our stay at Che Salguero. The staff make a lot of effort to create a really friendly, inclusive atmosphere. While the common room is a tad spartan and the bathrooms sometimes smelt a bit "drainpipey", everything was clean and the place looks to be work in progress. I suspect it'll be fantastic when they're done. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm right off the living area but had no trouble with noise as staff turn down the music after 12.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are excited about the changes we are making to the interior of the hostel. Many of the projects are nearing completion - including many changes to the common room - and we are thrilled with the results. We believe our guests will be too.

Nice hostel which had a great atmosphere. A large communal/social area and tours run from the hostel. The hostel workers went out of their way to be accommodating and get involved with the guests. A nice hostel - would come back here again.

Staff were extremely helpful, they have an on-site travel guide/adviser which is great, a helpful way of getting the most out of your time in the city. Would recommend this hostel to others, good atmosphere also.

Thanks! We hope to see you again

Best hostel I have stayed at in South America. Amazing atmosphere, extremely well run, and a wonderful place to be. booked for 2 nights, stayed over a week.

Thanks! We enjoyed having you stay with us. I am now a fan of sushi!

I am a solo traveller and this hostel was great. The staff are so amazing and it made my time in cordoba so much better. Spence organises trips for you which takea the drama out of figuring out what you have to do. The owner is so lovely and really makes you feel at home.

Thanks! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. The staff and I appreciate your comments. Cheers!

usually, i don't leave comment on the hostel where i was, but i do an exception for one of the best hostel i stayed, everything was great, a lot of good meeting between travellers and the staff, i would definitely come back if i will go back to cordoba. merci dale

Thanks! We enjoyed having you at the hostel, We have a great team and your comments will be appreciated by the staff

Amazing stay. It is a warm and welcoming hostel with a great atmosphere and amazing staff. Thank you all!

• 6th Jul 2014

Thank you for your comments! We hope to see you again

Tits to the wall, this place was fantastic!! Had a bloody ring dinger of a time! Fantastic staff very helpful, they put on dinner for everyone almost every night and breakfast every morning. All in all what you look for in a hostel. Great wifi as well!

• 5th Jul 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Che Salguero. We love what we do and your comments are appreciated.

Hostel is very clean good common areas, amazingly comfortable bed, breakfast was fabulous. Hostel was very cold all the time heaters need to be turned on and beter doors that actually close properly.

Our facility does have an older charm and character but it was not built with central heating. We do provide heaters for all the rooms and have extra blankets for those that need extra warmth. We have repaired the one door that was recently damaged. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. We are making a lot of changes as we strive to exceed our guests expectations. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our new breakfast service.

No complaints. I always enjoy staying at hostels and this one met expectations. The only thing that it was missing was a bar so a group of us walked to a bar down the street.

• 22nd May 2014

We have recently equipped our bar and hired experienced bar staff. We are always looking at ways to provide more services for our guests. Thank you for your comments!

Great family vibe with the best staff

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!

Nice hostel with helpful staff and a good communal area to interact with fellow travelers.

There is no breakfast on Sunday. The group dinner on Saturday was really nice. I felt like the place was pretty disorganized in general.

We are an inclusive hostel & we will accommodate any last minute guests in any of our prepared dinners. As for no breakfast on Sundays, I find that a little odd. We serve a typical Argentine breakfast every day of the week including Sundays, providing a variety of fresh & locally made pastries, buns as well as coffee, tea and mate & corn flakes from 8 am until mid-afternoon so even late risers can have breakfast any day of the week. We do appreciate your comments and hope to see you again!

Under New Management! Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. The crepes

We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon! Cheers! Dale

The showers/ bathrooms could have been better maintained Our room was very damp

I am sorry that you found the climate in Cordoba a little damp. We have had a lot of rain and early morning mist and that has increased the humidity in the city. We check the washrooms for supplies and maintenance every hour. At 100% capacity, it may not be enough, and we will increae our walk throughs of the facility. Thanks for mentioning this. We are staffed 24 hours and we hope that our guests would mention any inadequacies to our staff so we could have addressed it immediately. Cheers! Dale

Outstanding hostel, decent location, not right in the middle of Nueva Cordoba but only a 10 min walk to the nightlife. There are often organised dinners (asado etc) and impromptu parties. Staff really friendly and helpful and always up fot a bit of banter. Beds very comfy, decent wifi. Good atmosphere in the evenings. Only criticism would be that the hostel dinners are never pre-planned, which can make things difficult if you are trying to self-cater. But overall excellent hostel.