Cheap Charlie's Backpackers Lodge Reviews

54 Nanai Rd., Phuket, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

You get what you pay for..

• 4th Apr 2014

the staff were very rude and not helpful at all. the hostel world was a certain price but they charged me more when i got there. i would have left and found somewhere else, but i didn't feel like walking around with a heavy backpack in the heat. the bathroom smelled really bad and had cockroaches.

The hostel improved greatly after my last visit last year. A/C was fixed in the room, see more cleaner hostel and toilet can flush itself than last year... Good job with keeping hostel on track. :)

Our room was huge, we had a balcony and a big bathroom. It was clean and the air con worked well.

• 18th Feb 2014

Book room.but not available on arrival very noisy whole hostel dirty staff noisy and rude by far the worse room I've stayed in Asia !!!!

• 30th Jan 2014

Atmosphere was good very nice people. Would defeinetly go back.

• 10th Jan 2014

I have travelled all over the world, and stayed in hostels everywhere, never in all my time have I seen such a poor excuse for a hostel. The owner at the desk was stoned, the wifi didn't work, the room had no power points, wet mattresses and broken locks. (The dorm itself did not lock and opened onto the street). On top of all this we couldn't find the shower and there was blood in the toilets. Also no bar like it says. Completely disgusting. Do not stay here.

• 31st Dec 2013

We did not even sleep in a doorm room it was just an open room where you could cover behind curtains. The owner was really unhelpfull and lazy. He couldn't tell us anything about the city. There was not enough safetyboxes for everyone and he did not even try to see if there was somebody else who could share one.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Clean and incredibly cheap, took them a little while to find our booking but was all good once they did, thought we'd organised airport transfer but no one was there, could have been our fault though.

It's CHEAP Charlie's... so don't expect much; we didn't, therefore we were not disappointed. Staff were great, really LAID back & helpful eg: despite bring extremely intoxicated on our arrival, the host helped us carry our bags to our room (I think I ended up carried the host and my bags ;) but it's the thought that counts. Rough as guts, but a good laugh.

View all Phuket Patong Beach Hostels