Cheap Charlie's Backpackers Lodge Reviews

54 Nanai Rd., Phuket, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

You get what you pay for..

• 4th Apr 2014

the staff were very rude and not helpful at all. the hostel world was a certain price but they charged me more when i got there. i would have left and found somewhere else, but i didn't feel like walking around with a heavy backpack in the heat. the bathroom smelled really bad and had cockroaches.

The hostel improved greatly after my last visit last year. A/C was fixed in the room, see more cleaner hostel and toilet can flush itself than last year... Good job with keeping hostel on track. :)

Our room was huge, we had a balcony and a big bathroom. It was clean and the air con worked well.

• 18th Feb 2014

Book room.but not available on arrival very noisy whole hostel dirty staff noisy and rude by far the worse room I've stayed in Asia !!!!

• 30th Jan 2014

Atmosphere was good very nice people. Would defeinetly go back.

• 10th Jan 2014

I have travelled all over the world, and stayed in hostels everywhere, never in all my time have I seen such a poor excuse for a hostel. The owner at the desk was stoned, the wifi didn't work, the room had no power points, wet mattresses and broken locks. (The dorm itself did not lock and opened onto the street). On top of all this we couldn't find the shower and there was blood in the toilets. Also no bar like it says. Completely disgusting. Do not stay here.

• 31st Dec 2013

We did not even sleep in a doorm room it was just an open room where you could cover behind curtains. The owner was really unhelpfull and lazy. He couldn't tell us anything about the city. There was not enough safetyboxes for everyone and he did not even try to see if there was somebody else who could share one.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Clean and incredibly cheap, took them a little while to find our booking but was all good once they did, thought we'd organised airport transfer but no one was there, could have been our fault though.

It's CHEAP Charlie's... so don't expect much; we didn't, therefore we were not disappointed. Staff were great, really LAID back & helpful eg: despite bring extremely intoxicated on our arrival, the host helped us carry our bags to our room (I think I ended up carried the host and my bags ;) but it's the thought that counts. Rough as guts, but a good laugh.

Did not have all the facilities listed as in air-con or roof bar! room was protected by curtains directly behind reception which the backdoor was left open all day which anyone could walk in! Out of the 4 fans attached to the wall one worked the rest were covered in filth!! Staff were far from helpful when we asked about the fans! We did not spend the night due to it being cooler outside!

really cheap. you get what you pay.

With cheap charlies you get what you pay for.. I booked a female dorm and ended up having whole room to myself for 150 b a night.. Staff are really friendly, good food good location

• 4th Sep 2013

amazing hostel whish i stated their longer. 5mins walk from patong beach. Really nice owner and staff and very helpful and knowledgeable of the area

• 12th Aug 2013

When we arrived the man seemed stoned and didn't seem to have any knowledge of our booking. He then couldn't do basic maths and so I had to take charge and sort the money situation for him. The room was mouldy and the bunk beds rocked when you made the slightest movement. There also wasn't even stepladders up to the top bunks which made getting up and down quite precarious. The bathroom was hideous. I know it's called "Cheap Charlie's" but the grimness of this place was on another level.

If you stay in the cheapest dorm expect the following: Mosquitoes so make sure you spray. Poor fan quality so you will sweat! Try and get the top bunk because its closer to the fan. Waiting for the toilet for ages as there is only 1 shower/toilet for the entire floor! Positives include that you will meet a lot of backpackers because its the cheapest option . Location is a short walk away and close to the food markets. Pool table. Lockers but bring your own padlock! ENJOY : )

great hostel many friendly locals and backpackers you will meet.best price in town

I stay in a shared twin room for 3 nights. the room was comfortable enough, but the existing TV broadcasting all local broadcast so I do not understand. Greg the owner was unfriendly and stiff so I'm reluctant to use the facilities owned by such a package tour and transport service to air port.

where to start owner look of his face room was full of bugs , shower did'nt work and go go girlS were pretty much outside our room shouting all night keeping us up . PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS

no sheets, room stank, no one to check is in (in the middle of the day) bit of a shambles

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5