CheapSleep Helsinki Reviews

Sturenkatu 27, Helsinki, Finland

It is a very nice hostel to stay with very good wifi connection, a large common room. It is close to city center and easily reachable by bus and tram

• 18th Dec 2014
  • India

The location is not in the centre, but still not bad: the tram stop is right there and metro 7 min. walk. It was very clean and the beds were separated from each other so you dont feel like sleeping in an 18-person dorm at all! What I liked most, were lockers, that you open/close with your key. What was really annoying: there were some older guys, who seemed to be drunk 24h a day, some of them sleeping on the couch in common room. Thats why I didnt use the common room at all and didnt socialise.

Well the hostel is so far from the Helsink's Downtown, the kitchen is always durty and the staff didn't do nothing to make its better.So for me the really good things are the lockers and the internet locations.

• 4th Dec 2014

Security could be better early in the morning. When I left, some guy quickly entered the hostel when I opened the door. He looked homeless.

I just stayed there one night and I was very pleased. Dorms are quiet even if Common rooms were full (that actually juste me want to come back with friends) and the hostel is globally brand new whatever the other comments say ;)

One inconvenience with hostels in Finland (including this one) is the type of visitors who stay there. Most of them, unfriendly and aggressive. I paid for a place in 10 bed mixed dorm assuming that beds could be better than those with the cheapest price (18 to 26 beds) but I had to realize that extra money per night was just for sharing dorm with less people, from which an English drunk flatulent guest made a lot of noise when got into the dorm around 3 or 4 am so it didn't worth the price paid.

There are so few budget hostels in Helsinki that this is basically the only choice in its price range. So actually it could have be alot worse and people would still come here. There is a huge number of guests -- including many long-term renters -- who have to share small amount of facilities. Yet strangely the hostel doesn't feel "too" crowded... or maybe you just get used to it. If you get a bed located near the door of your room, you might have difficulty getting to sleep.

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN I ACTUALLY ENJOY A HOSTEL THAT IS NOT IN THE CITY CENTRE AND CHEEP SLEEP HELSINKI IS ONE OF THEM! LARGE AND SPACIOUS! HOT WATER ALL DAY! CLEANED DAILY! GOOD WI-FI! SAFE & SECURE! GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY! THERE WAS ONLY ONE STAFF WHO WAS NICE AND HELPFUL-THE GIRL WHO SERVICED ME WHEN I FIRST CHECKED-IN; THE OTHERS WERE SNOBBISH AND JUST DOING THEIR JOBS. THERE IS A WOMAN WHO HAS MENTAL ISSUES WHO TERRORIZES THE FEMALE DORMS BEING A NUISANCE AND THE STAFF DOES NOT EVICT HER.

The hotel staff were not very helpful or friendly. The beds were great, very clean but the staff did not give me great information and I had to coax any and all information from them.

This was a very nicely organized hostel. I received a free locker that easily held my carry on and my bag. This allowed me to relax and not worry about theft. The bathrooms, showers and bedrooms were all very clean. There is a nice common room, where people seemed to hang out - I arrived late myself and went straight to bed.

Stayed at this place for 4 nights. Great hostel for a great price! Everything works how it should be. Good and relaxed atmosphere and very friendly stuff.

Stayed here for 1 night as a stopover. Hostel didn't have much of a vibe to it but was perfect for a quiet night stay. Big kitchen and common areas. Great wifi all over hostel. Each bed had locker, light and power point. Very clean. Would stay here again as it was cheap and all you need.

It was very easy to access from the airport, and I felt very safe. (Especially an individual locker that can be used with a card key was very nice!) However, the stuff were little bit unprofessional, I thought. (For example, the stuff came to the hostel at 9:00, took her time getting ready, and make the customers wait, when the reception should be open from 9:00. When some customers were asking questions, the stuff was doing something and didn't even look at customers' face when answering.)

My bed was already used, when we arrived. I had to ask several times until i got a new bed sheet and a new pillow. There where a lot of drunk people in the common room. The toilet were not clean.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Austria

This hostel is missing nothing. Their advertising is spot on. No gimmicks here, just beards, beer, and an amazing clean and helpful environment. These guys made an awesome hostel!! Cheers!

Hostel was clean, and staff was very helpful even though we arrived at 1am in the morning. The rooms are a bit cramped, but lockers with ample space provided. It's a bit out of the city center, but transportation to the airport and center wasn't difficult.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

You will get just the basics here,nothing else.

Affordable for Helsinki, clean hostel. Outside of the city center but the bus stop is close by. I wish they had a 24 hour reception. It would be bad if you arrive too late, you would not be able to check in. Good hostel to stay at if you are coming or going to the airport as it is on the way.

Had a few problems that could easily be fixed. Hand drier in men's bathroom rather than toilet paper, better kitchen supplies (measuring cups, more glasses, etc.)

• 20th Sep 2014

Got in at 2am, slept for a couple of hours then checked out. So my assessment of anything is based on a a short stay. The bed was comfortable, although room smelt terrible. It was a room full of lads granted but still ventilation is needed haha. Guys at reception were cool and if I'd stayed longer would probably have used the nice kitchen they have.