CheapSleep Helsinki Reviews

Sturenkatu 27, Helsinki, Finland

Very bad hostel. Poor location, unfriendly staff. I arrived at 10am and they did not want to check me in. But I could leave my stuff some wear on the floor. They have no luggage room. Most dirtiest hostel I have ever been to. The kitchen were one big mess, food every where, even on the floor. Toilets were not cleaned and bad smell in the rooms. Roten food in the Fridge. Cheap place but not nice at all!!!

Not that good. Sleep cheap, but do not sleep good. More than one hour to wait for the check in, unconformable beds, far from the centre... The kitchen is dirty, the showers are dirty and you share 6 showers with everyone, so long time to wait and no privacy at all. The rooms are such cold I had to sleep with my jacket, and someone was sleeping in my bed when I arrived. The only good point I could give is for the common room, which is pretty nice, if we forgot the lack of natural light.

The atmosphere was weird, and even a little anguishing. Not bad people at all, but strange. We met really nice people too.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Excelent!!

Good option considering the price of living in Helsink.

It was quite nice to get in contact with the different hostel guests. But the kitchen which is used by every guests is most of the time really dirty and does not invite somebody to cook something there.

• 7th Jan 2015

My mum and I have stayed in the 18-people mixed dorm for two nights there. Generally it is a peasant stay but there are a few problem. We feel quite unsafe for the showering area because the main door of the showering room can't be locked while inside there are just curtails separating each showering area. Some tenants are not cleaning the kitchen utensils after usage so I have seen tons of unwashed dished every morning before the hostel staff cleaned them up.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

I felt like in Ikea store there, like if someone puted me in this huge shop to let me try how´s living in such a place with this furniture. Also arrival was funny. The receptionist couldn´t find my reservation, she had to make a new. The price was much more higher than it should be.Then I discover my bed dirty, it was used already and nobody cleaned it. I had to manage new blankets. Next day with new receptionist we founded my original reservation. I had to ask to give me some money back.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

we do not expect more since it is really cheap in a big city like helsinki. So the situation here fits the price and it is good that we could use the kitchen freely.

+nice and clean, good price, we had a private room with double bed +good atmosphere, good kitchen etc. -toilets & showers are in the same room -> the bathroom floor is always soaking wet -blankets were really thin, bed was a bit hard But I think a pretty good value all in all. :) You get what you pay for.

Location is ok, not in the centre but easily reachable in 15 min by tram or bus. Beds are warm and comfortable and lockers are provided. On the downside, the common room is not very cozy and staff is not particularly friendly. Also, the number of toilets/showers does not seem to be enough for the ammount of people staying at the hostel.

I traveled with a friend and we have a good experience. The social area is confortable and allows you to meet new people. The rooms are clean and warm. The only issue is that the kitchen isn't clean enough.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Helsinki does not have cheap hostels, so you will have to choose between a good and overpriced or this cheap and not good hostel, it is far away from the city center, there is no hostel ambient, if you arrive earlier than 2pm they don't store your luggage, so if you want to Go to the city you will have to leave your things there without protection.

It is a very nice hostel to stay with very good wifi connection, a large common room. It is close to city center and easily reachable by bus and tram

• 18th Dec 2014
  • India

The location is not in the centre, but still not bad: the tram stop is right there and metro 7 min. walk. It was very clean and the beds were separated from each other so you dont feel like sleeping in an 18-person dorm at all! What I liked most, were lockers, that you open/close with your key. What was really annoying: there were some older guys, who seemed to be drunk 24h a day, some of them sleeping on the couch in common room. Thats why I didnt use the common room at all and didnt socialise.

Well the hostel is so far from the Helsink's Downtown, the kitchen is always durty and the staff didn't do nothing to make its better.So for me the really good things are the lockers and the internet locations.

• 4th Dec 2014

Great hostel and well priced. I enjoyed the walk into the city about 30min but was a nice stroll. 10 min to the metro station. Good kitchen and and security. Staff are very friendly and most helpful

Security could be better early in the morning. When I left, some guy quickly entered the hostel when I opened the door. He looked homeless.

I just stayed there one night and I was very pleased. Dorms are quiet even if Common rooms were full (that actually juste me want to come back with friends) and the hostel is globally brand new whatever the other comments say ;)

One inconvenience with hostels in Finland (including this one) is the type of visitors who stay there. Most of them, unfriendly and aggressive. I paid for a place in 10 bed mixed dorm assuming that beds could be better than those with the cheapest price (18 to 26 beds) but I had to realize that extra money per night was just for sharing dorm with less people, from which an English drunk flatulent guest made a lot of noise when got into the dorm around 3 or 4 am so it didn't worth the price paid.