CheapSleep Helsinki Reviews

Sturenkatu 27, Helsinki, Finland

Friendly and helpful staff, the rooms were very clean and felt well aired. The only slight problem was that one of our lockers didn't lock, but the lockers were pretty big so we just shared one. Other than that it was a great stay. Helsinki is very small so although the hostel was out of the centre it was still only a 20 minute walk away. Would recommend.

• 17th Apr 2015

Is a very big hostel, my room of 24 was just to big, was difficult to sleep, my bed felt very exposed. Atmosphere was okay, but again almost to big for good atmosphere. Kitchen was well equipped but always dirty. Was out of town but only 10 mins by bus, but buses were expensive. Good supermarket right under hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful enough. Was a brilliant reptile/amphibian display centre right next door, random added bonus!

we arrived only to be told that there was no record of our booking even though I had payment receipts and a confirmation email. Then I was told there was no female dorm and I was put in an all male dorm of rowdy Somalians who were staying for 3 days.It was a total mess with food and take away containers everywhere.no where near the town centre.the woman staff was no help but the 2 male staff made our stay pleasant and were a huge help once the woman had gone.security and showers were reall good

• 3rd Apr 2015

The hostel kitchen was not equipped with enough mugs and had only one big sink for ca. 40 to 50 guests at that time. But that's the smallest problem when there is an antisocial person living in that place for several days. This one guest insulted and pushed guests, but he was not removed until he met the wrong guys - they picked a fight in the middle of the living room area. Worst fact about it: the police wasn't called and it took the staff (only 2 guys) several hours to remove the antisocial.

• 28th Mar 2015

Good beds, good showers; helpful and friendly staff; the place is kept clean, although the sink and kitchen utensiles are always a dirty mess (blame on the guests, not on the hostel). Well located, close to tram, bus and supermarket Alepa just downstairs; fair price.

Well, the kitchen and fridges were dirty very often. But you have great showers and toilets, very clean and nice..:-)

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

The hostel is located a bit away from the city center, however there are good transport connections (tram 1 and 7). The hostel itself is very clean, silent and quite new. The huge community space gives it a nice touch. However, there are only five showers, two toilets and two sinks for all male guests - that could be more. The staff is friendly and supportive, a supermarket with wide opening hours is located directly beneath the hostel.

This was a perfectly fine place to stay in Helsinki for the money, plenty of bathrooms and my room was nice and clean. The kitchen was small but I never had problems cooking what I wanted, but there are some very seedy men that hang around the hostel and made me feel uncomfortable. No luggage storage either

There was no atmospheres at all in this hostel. I felt like everyone was looking at you as if you had done something to offend them (other people told me they felt the same), I spent most of the time in the room. The 16 bed dorm did not feel as large as I first thought. There were dividing walls, making it feel less crowded. ps. watch out for people sleeping naked in Finland. Receptionist with pink hair was very rude. Other staff not very helpful either. They thought it was a hassle to help you

remarkably good service! the staff are all nice and willing to help

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

Very bad hostel. Poor location, unfriendly staff. I arrived at 10am and they did not want to check me in. But I could leave my stuff some wear on the floor. They have no luggage room. Most dirtiest hostel I have ever been to. The kitchen were one big mess, food every where, even on the floor. Toilets were not cleaned and bad smell in the rooms. Roten food in the Fridge. Cheap place but not nice at all!!!

not very central, but perfeclty connected with a lot of public bus and transports,even to the airport. next door to the tropicalia ( just for you to ure as a referring point on the map) and a handy supermarket. but i challenge you to use the kitchen: is constantly dirty and full of stuff other people before you used and didn't wash. like almost all the cheap hostels in big cities there are too many "permanent resident" wich make the atmosfere weird. squeeky noisy beds. big common space.

Not that good. Sleep cheap, but do not sleep good. More than one hour to wait for the check in, unconformable beds, far from the centre... The kitchen is dirty, the showers are dirty and you share 6 showers with everyone, so long time to wait and no privacy at all. The rooms are such cold I had to sleep with my jacket, and someone was sleeping in my bed when I arrived. The only good point I could give is for the common room, which is pretty nice, if we forgot the lack of natural light.

The atmosphere was weird, and even a little anguishing. Not bad people at all, but strange. We met really nice people too.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Excelent!!

Helsinki being so expensive for most foreign travellers, we should feel lucky to find such a cheapie here. But it comes with some bad sides: the place is impersonal, with employees at the front desk who don't look to care much. You'll also find people living there full time (students and immigrant workers), who can't afford housing and feel that they own the place... Main room can be pretty messy during the day, with kitchen being especially unclean. Far from center, but still good value

Good option considering the price of living in Helsink.

It was quite nice to get in contact with the different hostel guests. But the kitchen which is used by every guests is most of the time really dirty and does not invite somebody to cook something there.

• 7th Jan 2015

My mum and I have stayed in the 18-people mixed dorm for two nights there. Generally it is a peasant stay but there are a few problem. We feel quite unsafe for the showering area because the main door of the showering room can't be locked while inside there are just curtails separating each showering area. Some tenants are not cleaning the kitchen utensils after usage so I have seen tons of unwashed dished every morning before the hostel staff cleaned them up.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

I felt like in Ikea store there, like if someone puted me in this huge shop to let me try how´s living in such a place with this furniture. Also arrival was funny. The receptionist couldn´t find my reservation, she had to make a new. The price was much more higher than it should be.Then I discover my bed dirty, it was used already and nobody cleaned it. I had to manage new blankets. Next day with new receptionist we founded my original reservation. I had to ask to give me some money back.

• 3rd Jan 2015