7.2
Very Good 738 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 738 Total Reviews
CheapSleep Helsinki Located at Sturenkatu 27, , Helsinki.
Finland
Helsinki Uusimaa 00510 Sturenkatu 27
72% 738
60.1937240 24.9559164
    Rooms available

9th Sep 2015
6.9

Hostel has potential, but lack of cleanliness and shower conditions leave alot to be desired. Beds are ok, room are pretty good organized, with each bed having an electrical outlet and a night light. the 11pm curfew seems to be ignored, as people come and go late into the night. Over all a decent stay, but like mentioned earlier, has potential to be better.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2015
5.4

Firstly, this hostel gives NO directions. I had to take a taxi, and it cost me 20 Euro. Once I had located it, I realised it's not too far from the centre via bus, and lots of buses do stop here but I easily got lost. Staff were nice enough but I wouldn't say fantastic. The common area was full of people but nobody really socialised. Kitchen was quite dirty. Rooms were okay, but again nobody socialised. Beds were very squeaky. My stay here was not terrible, but average at best.

• Sweden, Male, 41+
7th Sep 2015
4.9

I had booked 2 nights one week in advanced. But when I arrived the hostel was fully occupied by refugees. My options were to leave (11pm) or sleep on the floor which I did. I agree to help people in need, but if I was told that it was a refugee camp I would have booked elsewhere. Staff very friendly and tried their best though.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Sep 2015
6.6

The place was nice and it had a nice hangout/chill atmosphere. But my female friend was harassed by another guest and that deeply affected our experience. The staff, who was pleasant and attentive otherwise, did little to help.

1st Sep 2015
7.7

Not a lot of options in Helsinki, this hostel will be your best bargan I think for the price. Everything is pretty good except for location. Its a quite a walk to city centre but there lots of transport options close by. I walked usually, not a problem for me. Security really good. Key cards for the room as well as your own locker which is a nice touch. If you stay in one of the rooms off the main common room it can be a bit loud till 12 or 1 in the morning.

24th Aug 2015
6.9

Yes, the location is poor, but that also means that you're just a short walk from Bar Molotow, a good, relatively cheap bar that plays good rock and roll. Otherwise, you get what you pay for. Staff was, indeed, very nice.

• Finland, Male, 25-30
23rd Aug 2015
6.3

The hostel felt alright but I did not have a good experience in it due to there not being any control over the people in the dorms. By this I mean the fact that even after 10pm, people talked with each other and made phone calls. I even woke up at 11pm when some french bi... lady decided it would be nice idea to talk on a phone for 30mins really loudly. I was unable to get any sleep after that and had to go to seminar with 2 houra of sleep. The lights were still on at that time too.

• scottstevenson901429
  • Scotland, Couple, 18-24
20th Aug 2015
4.9

Don't expect to get a decent night's sleep here. 24 hour check in may seem like a good idea in theory but people coming in at 3am, unpacking with the room lights on and slamming lockers shut, proves otherwise. Kitchen was unclean, despite food being labelled it was either taken or binned. Showers left a lot to be desired and the staff were fairly cold. Despite many signs asking for quiet ( and staff being present)after 11pm, still subjected to drunken noise from other guests which kept us up.

10th Aug 2015
8.0

Budget-friendly. On route to the airport but need to take the tram to the city center. Perfect for early morning flights. Large common area but minimal socializing between guests. Dorm room is very cramped - not much space to put your stuff. But very clean.

8th Aug 2015
4.3

Extremely expensive,poor location, poor facilities and unhelpful staff. Very poor overall, I would not recommend.