Check In Hostel Reviews

Markgrafenstrasse 68, Berlin, Germany

Nice and helpful staff, descent location, the kitchen was a bit small though and the showers plus toilets a distance from our room but everything else was perfect.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Nice stay!!!!!

The location was great and we had a toilet in the room which was a good feature. However, there was no power outlets near the beds nor reading lights. The showers need improvement and the kitchen was not very clean. The wifi was terrible all week long and stopped working for one day, besides having to log on every time you connect it.

I would highly recommend Check In Hostel! The location was PERFECT -- not only was it within walking distance of most important sites in Berlin, but it was literally a three minute walk from a U-Bahn station that easily connected us to the rest of the city. The bathrooms were clean and the facility felt welcoming and well-cared for. The day staff was exceptional (Daniel gave great recommendations) and they all spoke English well. Would recommend bringing an extra lock if you have a lot of bags.

It's wonderful that is has a kitchen and a cool common area.

Overall great hostel. Clean, friendly, and a good location. Ensuite shower could have been hotter, but that's the only criticism.

No hot water in the showers. Internet was spotty at best and didn't allow streaming. Showers were disgusting. Temperature of the rooms varied drastically.

It was a nice place to stay. Location is perfect, staff is friendly and helpful. The only thing I didn't like is that it was cold in the main corridor as the staff kept the window in the kitchen open for some reason and the kitchen door was broken So the way from the room to the shower was quick and unpleasant.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Russia

I stayed there two days. And that was nice.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

- VERY strict staff, sometimes quite rude! - Small kitchen for such a large hostel with limited cooking utensils. - NO hot water in showers (unless first person of the day) - Comfy beds - Location is good - Poor wifi

Had to change rooms each night I was there

Is a cheap and basic hostel, is perfect for backpakers. Is confortable and with good location. The ammenities aren't great but is good for the price.

We had a very nice stay here. Wi-Fi was excellent in all areas. Facilities were extremely clean. The shower didn't get very warm which is my only complaint. The kitchen, though frequently used, was very clean and had a lot of space. It is located right next to an underground stop so you can pretty much reach anywhere from the hostel.

If you are in Berlin to go out it is about 30 minutes or more away from where most of the clubs, but otherwise it is a great hostel.

A place to sleep. That's it

Check In was our least favourite hostel so far. There are not enough keys for each person in the room so you will either share 1 key per group or have no key at all and the staff will need to let you in. Only one bathroom per floor and the kitchen is disastrous. Not enough plates, no bowls etc (unless you ask at the front desk and are given disposables). Vacuuming/construction at 8am. Most frustrating WIFI. Common rooms are not ideal for eating. Would not recommend.

The lights are automatic and turn off like every 30 seconds. They also only give one key per check in group and gave us wrong directions twice.

• 27th Feb 2015

We were pretty disappointed with Check In Hotel. The price however was excellent, so I guess you get what you pay for. The staff was always present, but gave us wrong directions two or three times when trying to figure out how to navigate Berlin. They sent us to a bar that did not exist and instead of showing us how to get to the walking tour, instead sent us in the wrong direction to where the pub crawl is located. The lights were annoying, constantly turning off. Meh hostel. Far from clubs.

There were 3 people who worked at the reception during my stay, and all of them were more than willing to help all the time, and were always friendly! I would like I commend then on this. Sincere thanks Renate

I've stayed at this hostel several years ago, and remember leaving a poor review. I never would have returned there had I known I had been there before. For the price there are sooooo many better hostels in Berlin, I'm truly amazed they've stayed in business. If desperate for a place to stay I guess you can do so, but know that the staff confiscated a credit card I left as a deposit because I refused to purchase a brand-new mattress for them owing to a tiny water stain. Go figger.

« first « Prev 1 2 3