Check In Hostel Reviews

Markgrafenstrasse 68, Berlin, Germany

If you are in Berlin to go out it is about 30 minutes or more away from where most of the clubs, but otherwise it is a great hostel.

A place to sleep. That's it

Check In was our least favourite hostel so far. There are not enough keys for each person in the room so you will either share 1 key per group or have no key at all and the staff will need to let you in. Only one bathroom per floor and the kitchen is disastrous. Not enough plates, no bowls etc (unless you ask at the front desk and are given disposables). Vacuuming/construction at 8am. Most frustrating WIFI. Common rooms are not ideal for eating. Would not recommend.

The lights are automatic and turn off like every 30 seconds. They also only give one key per check in group and gave us wrong directions twice.

• 27th Feb 2015

We were pretty disappointed with Check In Hotel. The price however was excellent, so I guess you get what you pay for. The staff was always present, but gave us wrong directions two or three times when trying to figure out how to navigate Berlin. They sent us to a bar that did not exist and instead of showing us how to get to the walking tour, instead sent us in the wrong direction to where the pub crawl is located. The lights were annoying, constantly turning off. Meh hostel. Far from clubs.

There were 3 people who worked at the reception during my stay, and all of them were more than willing to help all the time, and were always friendly! I would like I commend then on this. Sincere thanks Renate

I've stayed at this hostel several years ago, and remember leaving a poor review. I never would have returned there had I known I had been there before. For the price there are sooooo many better hostels in Berlin, I'm truly amazed they've stayed in business. If desperate for a place to stay I guess you can do so, but know that the staff confiscated a credit card I left as a deposit because I refused to purchase a brand-new mattress for them owing to a tiny water stain. Go figger.

The rooms were dirty. The doors didn't close properly. One bathroom for a whole floor of people. Construction work every day at eight in the morning. You didn't even have to walk past reception to get to the second floor - anyone could come in. Wifi barely worked. Worst hostel I've ever used.

Everything great. We stay in that hostel every week!

The hostel met all of my expectations and more. Having read the reviews before arriving, I was expecting something different. But there was no issues with hot water, cleanliness, or robberies. The hostel is in a great location - walking distance to Checkpoint Charlie and other attractions. Not to mention that it was only a 15 minute walking distance to Kreuzberg, which had a great selection of bars and cheap eats (I would highly recommend). I would stay here again!

Great location, close to shop and transport. Kitchen was a bit dirty in the morning from the night before. But the beds are comfortable and the rooms are large. Will definitely stay again.

It's very cheap and clean. Staffs are very nice. It takes only 10-15 minutes to walk to metro station. Only the kitchen and shower are dirty since there are too many people staying there.

24 hour 7 day week helpful staff

• 12th Feb 2015

Great Location and big bright rooms, excellent deals at cafe of corner. Showers were freezing cold both mornings though. Bathrooms could have een cleaner.

Cheap, clean, nice hostel with good location really close to checkpoint charlie and bus and subway stations. Dorms are big, wide and bright.

Very nice!

No hot water in women's shower.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

That's really good value for money hostel. But keep in mind: if you prepay with your credit card for your friends and they will not come, you will pay for one night for each. That hidden pay may happens and that's really sad.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Great place and great staff, comfortable beds. Was a chilled out stay here :) Definitely recommend it for any budget traveller

Was in a double room and the water in the shower was cold the whole time. But could use other shower facilities without problem. Staff was very helpful as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3