Check In Hostel Reviews

Markgrafenstrasse 68, Berlin, Germany

I stayed there for 5 days. It was the first days of autum, so the weather was a bit cold. I could only have a decent shower once. The other times, the water was very cold, no mather what time of the day was it. The staff and the other things were ok, but I can´t rate better than this if you people don´t have hot water.

Male member of staff quite miserable and unfriendly, no hot water most of the time.

• 20th Sep 2014

If you would like to enjoy an authentic nazi experience then come over to Check-hostel! The staff are incredibly rude and deceitful with the Manager telling anyone who asks about the showers (which are usually cold) that there is either no problem or that he is already dealing with the Problem. kitchens dirty. wifi cuts off all the time. But a good Location in terms of centrality.

• 20th Sep 2014

I commented Poor for the Location of Check-In Hostel because I needed to walk about 15 minutes from the nearest U-Bahn station named Kochstr for the first time, with my luggage of 20 kg. For the other reviews, they are all OK.

I was very satisfied with my stay.I hope to stay ther on my next trip.

• 18th Sep 2014

Pretty good location, near Check Point Charly. Nice and helpful staff. The mattress was quite unconfortable, too thin and soft. Internet only worked properly at reception.

this hostel is very central but it is definetly not for the faint hearted. the facilities were most of the time dirty, the bathroom lights would turn of evvery couple of seconds (quite annoying), the rooms carpet wasnt veery clean, the wifi didnt work well at all and the staff was half helpful and friendly but with a couplle of very unhelpful staff members. still, it was ccheap for the location.

No hot water in the shower, blanket and pillow not so clean (there was some hair that was not mine in my bed). Appart from that, everything was okay.

• 5th Sep 2014

No hot water in the showers.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

I loved it! nice place to know fellow travelers

Location is great, didnt use the kitchen but all other facilities were clean. Negatives were that staff could have been more helpful-one particular female staff member came across as quite abrasive and disinterested. At night the hostel was noisy and crowds of young adults were hoarded around the entrance to the hostel so it was quite intimidating walking in by them...

The hostel is very well located close to check point Charlie. Staff is friendly and helpful. It's quite clean in the hostel. Didn't use the kitchen, but rooms and showers/toilets were ok. Could have been more toilets. Showers were nice, although one day there was no hot water. The rooms are simple, but spacious. The common room lacks any atmosphere at all and I didn't feel like hanging out there. Also they really need to buy new mattresses, I could feel the springs when sitting or lying down.

Althought being in the centre of Berlin and offer some important services, it wasn't enough to have a good time. The rooms are dirty, the lockers are small, the water in the showers is cold, the kitchen is dirty. I don't have complains with the beds, maybe was the best in this hostel because it was comfortable but If anybody ask me for a hostel in Berlin I won't recommend it.

Excellent hostel

Very dirty hostel

This hostel is very nice overall. The rooms are spacious and have free lockers in them for luggage. The bathroom/shower facilities are good/clean. There are available computers to get on the internet, but there is quality and free wifi available as well. The facility also has a locked storage room if needed while sight-seeing. I would not hesitate to stay here again if in Berlin.

There is no age restriction. I hapened to stay in one room with some 40/50 years old worker, who definetely did not make any use of shower for last couple of days and was very easy to sense from the other end of the room...

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Poland

The location is pretty good, the rooms and the bunkbeds are very noisy. 24 hr reception is nice. The common room is not very welcoming to sit and enjoy a bear, so not the best hostel to meet people.

The shower did not have hot water on the second day, which is quite cold to me, and third day I stayed. Others are quite good to me, especially there's a Lidl supermarket nearby!

This hostel had everything one needed and was located close to checkpoint Charlie, so getting around was easy. In my time here, it seemed to have a lot of groups of travellers, so being a solo traveller, I found it difficult to meet people, even in my own room. Overall it was a pleasant stay though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6