Check In Hostel Reviews

Markgrafenstrasse 68, Berlin, Germany

Spacious but cosy and very clean. Well equipped and well-run. Was sad to leave!

I really liked this hostel! It's very clean, staff are very nice and helpful. It is very close to a U bahn station and a few blocks away from Checkpoint Charlie. The only problem was the kitchen. It is very small so at dinner time was too full! But I really recommend it.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Chile

The room was very comfy and spacious. We were five and had a great time. However, There weren't enough utensils in the kitchen and it was nearly always dirty (they cleaned it once a day, it seemed not to be enough though). The showers weren't fixed on the wall (so all of us had small problems having to hold the shower while washing our hair).

• 9th Jan 2015

HOSTEL CAUGHT ON FIRE!!!! All in one night's stay: 1. No hot water 2. No towels 3. Wifi terrible, never worked. 4. Security had to come check on aggressive man harassing a girl 5. Robbery of a girl's bag and wallet 6. HOSTEL SET ON FIRE! Communication of fire evacuation was very poor. Some of the guests of the hostel put the fire out themselves because the staff and fire department were not around/took too long. We were promised a refund but only given a free cup of crappy, cold coffee.

• 3rd Jan 2015

DO NOT STAY IN THAT PLACE !The bathroom had COLD WATER, and had also water spread all over the floor, really durty place. The safety is really doubtful, when we first step in the hostel we heard about a robery that had happened in the same day! But to complete all the staff was really unhelpful! we asked for a place to buy something on sunday and the guy from reception told that was everything closed, but guess what? We got to the city center and we found everything open! GO TO ANOTHER HOSTEL!

Cheap place to stay.

There was no hot water!!!!! The water was fuc#ing freezing.

One day the showers didnt have hot water, and the coffee to coffee machine tasted like chocolate.Just one advantage was the location but I dont recommend the hostel.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Everything is excellent, except the hot water supply.

The hostel was really good! The best value for money! Really cheap and everything was good, a big kitchen, free wifi (was actually working!), warm water in the showers, really good location and supermarket in 5 mins walk.... I really have nothing bad to say, made my trip to Berlin really good :)

Besides having to take a really cold shower because there was no hot water left, the place was pretty good!

• 21st Dec 2014

I stayed here just one day, which was good. But when i take a shower, the light kept turning off every 10 mins. (Not sure but think so) And when I came into my room, the smell was not good... Except them, it was good for one day to me.

Decent hostel for what you are paying. Good location, right next to checkpoint charlie and metro station. Can't complain, we were barely at the hostel because we were out seeing berlin.

Unfortunately the showers were cold for three of the four days of our stay, but the hostel was otherwise very good. It had everything we needed, and I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. Top central location with a supermarket nearby, very clean, helpful staff, modern facilities and great atmosphere. I made some friends there although I was there just for 3 nights.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

I actually had only one day to visit as many famous sites in Berlin as possible. Thus I needed a place with best proximity and value for money! The solution to that equation was CHECK IN!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Kenya

Please, look at your kitchen!

The hostel itself was pretty good, but it was freezing cold day and night, everything but the rooms. It was really cold outside and for some reason all windows were fully open. The guy at the reception desk at night was very helpful, but i had some staff doing very noisy activities in front of my door at 7am.

Welcoming and friendly staff. Good kitchen with enough storage space and utensils. Very good price for the location. Showers were hot and clean. Would definitely stay again.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Good location, walkable to all sights. Friendly staff. Everything looks industrial, but in a kind of cool way. All clean and well-maintained. Bigger than average rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4