Check In Hostel Reviews

Markgrafenstrasse 68, Berlin, Germany

We stayed in a room full of people (expected) but we felt like they could rob us at any moment. And we couldn't change rooms when asked to. No very many things to do in the area except check point Charlie. Oh and don't plan on laundry because the dryer is broken and they lower the price for just washing and they will probably never fix it. Overall not a good experience but you get what you pay for.

One thing I wasn't happy about was I asked reception in the evening if they did laundry and they said yes so I brought it back in the morning and at first a different member of staff refused to take it so we waited to see another member of staff and eventually they took it for 5 euros, when it finally came back, not only the clothes were wet! We didn't get all our clothes back so after goin back and forth 3 times we eventually had them back! Only due to the 1 helpful staff member in the place.

A really great quiet place to stay!

Really great location, about ten minutes walk from Checkpoint Charlie. Clean rooms, not bad showers. And all it is really cheap. I didn't like kitchen, which was dirty, there was not many dishes to use.

It was a cheap place to stay in berlin. It was very close to a grocery store and was a 5 min walk from check point charlie. Very simple, but great for what we payed. The security was pretty good and I felt relatively safe. Overall, pretty good!

Social room (living room) was only open until midnight. Think this is too short, especially when people want to drink there something and just hang out. Then nothing out as a sudden a guy came and through us out. This is a shame.

• 5th Mar 2014

Dear guest. Thank you for comments. When 220 people want sleep and 15 want a drink what we can do. Berlin is full of the bars and pubs. Thank you Michal Petrovic

This hostel was great! Excellent location and the staff was always helpful and friendly. I stayed in the 10 person room and It wasnt a problem at all. The room had lockers in case you want to leave something secured and I always left my suitcase in the big "bag room", which is only opened for the guests under the supervision of the staff (and they wait on the door while you retrieve your suitcase or take whatever you wanted to take). Location, security and price outdo the little incoveniences...

The hostel is in a good position, near to Check Point Charlie but we didn't see at all nightlife around it , Anyway it's cheap, quite clean and confortable, so i reccomend you .

• 17th Jan 2014

Pricy hostel for New Year's eve, totally not worth it. Customer service was very poor and the bathrooms were disgusting all the time.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Colombia

uncomfortable beds, horrible showers and in the last day of my stay the water was cold. They have just 3 showers, so you have to wait in line to take a shower. The carpet was dirty, and I saw some insects on the wal. I do not recommend it.

If you want to visit the city you're in, and not spend all days in the room, this is a hostel for you. It has a great location, very helpful staff and it is clean. It's definitely worth the money.

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Serbia

There are too many rules, eg no bathing after 11pm. We have to leave the hostel from 11am-3pm. We have to return the keys to the frontdesk when we leave. And we got scolded for forgetting to bring the receipt with us when we went out.

Good location, friendly staff and everything clean. I'd totally recommend it for a group that wants to stay for the weekend in berlin

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Spain

Fisrt time I was alone for trip and it was ok, I could leave my clothes or few things on bed not only in locker and noone stole it. Cleanliness same as last time there, not good but I don't care. Showers on my floor were out of order for length of my trip so those on second one were full in usual times, that could be not nice for some people too. Staff is always nice and helpful, (for me) newly they have two computers with internet for free use.

The water temperature oscillates greatly, making showering very challenging.

When I paid such a cheap price for the hostel I imagined it would be totally different. Apart from being well located (very close to the train station and checkpoint Charlie), the rooms are very tidy, they have a nice commom room, the bathrooms are clean (the only bad thing is the shower that leaks everywhere, BRING HAVAIANAS

• 5th Nov 2013

There's plenty of college-aged people there which made it a good experience for me. The staff was generally willing to help, and the location is excellent - only one block away from Checkpoint Charlie.

• 23rd Oct 2013

I would stay there again, but they really need to improve the bathrooms and provide keys to everybody in the room... I didn't have a key to myself, what was not a big issue, but it's a little bit inconvenient. The kitchen and the carpets are a little bit dirty, but besides that the location is excellent and I got to know many nice and cool people in the hostel that I didn't mind all of those things. If you're staying there, here is a tip: always use the bathrooms on the second floor!!