Check In Hostel Reviews

Markgrafenstrasse 68, Berlin, Germany

Toliets overflowing, no hot water, poor staff, couldn't find my €10 deposit for my room key.

Good basic provision

I pass amazin holiday thank y for everthing

Good location. Grocery store conveniently located around the corner. Staff were friendly. Showers were dirty. Use the showers on the top level. Bigger and cleaner in my opinion. Carpets were very gross. Need to vacuum the rooms! Was there 4 nights, didn't vacuum once.

Everything pretty solid here. Kitchen could use some work, four fridges full and freezers completely frosted over. Empty one out and let it thaw outside then clean and do the next fridge, it'll take less than a month to clean em all and they'll last years after. But it must have been 10+ years since they were last cleaned. Also don't expect to get a key to your room, share with roommates, they say they are making new keys but definitely won't.

I found most staff members to be quite rude and patronising. Beds were pretty average. Showers were pretty good though and place was clean.

I loved this hostel, I ended up extending my stay to 4 nights. This hostel set a new standard for me. It was walking distance to nearly everything. Everything was really clean. The common areas were great for meeting people and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The diner downstairs had a cheap, filling breakfast. There were plenty of bathrooms and showers and everything was so clean. I'd go back

pretty nice hostel. brilliant location :D, showers were a little odd and hard to work. But a nice hostel nonetheless

I'm usually not very picky about my hostels, but this place was particularly awful. The staff is extremely rude. I saw one guy actually yell at 2 customers. I don't know what the issue was, but they should never be yelling at customers. The kitchen is disgusting. The fridges are stuffed full of rotten food from 6 months ago, nobody washes their dishes. The bathroom floors were cracked & when I stepped on it all the brown, dirty water splashed up all over me... I would never stay here again.

This hostel makes you want to check out, not check in! Dirty, showers with terrible drainage, cracked tiles, a puddle that leaks into the carpeted hallway, mould on the walls & ceiling. We had to pay a €10 deposit each for room keys, but were only allowed 1 key. Painfully slow wifi which requires you to like their Facebook page to access it, then makes you share their fb page each time you log in. The staff are pretty rude, and there’s just no atmosphere about the place.

Bathrooms are horrible. Shower curtains are too narrow and dirty, shower heads are broken and showers constantly flood. Rugs are horrible, it's obvious that they haven't been cleaned in ages. Kitchen facilities are horrible, they have an ample amount of fridges but they haven't been cleaned out.

Good location, near the subway station. Good beds, good bathrooms. The kitchen fridges needed some serious cleaning out but other than that it was good to have a kitchen. Nice common room.

Awesome location - close to all the main historic sites. If you're on a budget and you don't really care where you stay this is good but the cleanliness of the kitchen and bathroom are pretty bad. The atmosphere is definitely not a party vibe - more chill out. Staff are friendly but not super helpful. 8 bedroom dorms only have 6 lockers so I couldn't lock any of my valuables up. Average stay but alright on a budget.

Centrally located near all the main to historic spots in Berlin, but other wise that's really it. The hostel feels very sterile, and clinical. Showers weren't cleaned that often, and the kitchen was a mess. When I checked in, I was told they didn't have any more keys for my room, so I had to come to the reception every time I needed access to my room, which was made worse by the fact there was only ever one staff member working, no matter how many arrivals they had. But beer was cheap!

This was my first hostel experience. Overall I thought it was a pretty good hostel, felt similar to a college dorm. Location was nice- close to a lot of historical sights and easy to get to other areas.

• 16th Sep 2015

The hotel was ok, but it needs more ventilation since ten people and one window in summer can get a little stinky. The bathrooms were ok but the shower curtain was dirty and did not give a good impression. The floor on the showers was always wet. Internet sucks.

Locations was great. really close to checkpoint charlie and alexanderplatz. I would stay there again. floor in shower room was soaking wet though. freezer could use a good defrosting. staff was really nice

I thought that the hostel wasn't worth the price. The location is very good as it is close to Checkpoint Charlie and all public transit. However I booked this reservation for a friend and I and we had some problems. We only received one hostel key despite having different scheduling and needing a separate one. We also didn't receive locks for our lockers as they "ran out" of ones for us for the duration of our stay. The last problem was we paid for an in suite washroom that only had cold showers

Staff were nice and approachable. This hostel is a great place if you want to meet new people. Everyone's friendly and you won't feel lonely if you're a solo traveller. Also I got a free upgrade which was really nice.

• 10th Sep 2015

I think it's a decent hostel. They let you use their facilities the moment you walk in until you leave - so no need to wait till 2pm to take a shower. The hostel is clean and in a good location. I was a bit annoyed by the staff, as they seemed to be surprised by any request such as if they had an adapter for British plugs, which they did not... Also sockets in my room did not work, but they helped by providing an extension, so everything ended ok. I would definitely come back - it's a good one!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7