Check In Hostel Reviews

Markgrafenstrasse 68, Berlin, Germany

No hot water in the shower, blanket and pillow not so clean (there was some hair that was not mine in my bed). Appart from that, everything was okay.

• 5th Sep 2014

No hot water in the showers.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

I loved it! nice place to know fellow travelers

Location is great, didnt use the kitchen but all other facilities were clean. Negatives were that staff could have been more helpful-one particular female staff member came across as quite abrasive and disinterested. At night the hostel was noisy and crowds of young adults were hoarded around the entrance to the hostel so it was quite intimidating walking in by them...

The hostel is very well located close to check point Charlie. Staff is friendly and helpful. It's quite clean in the hostel. Didn't use the kitchen, but rooms and showers/toilets were ok. Could have been more toilets. Showers were nice, although one day there was no hot water. The rooms are simple, but spacious. The common room lacks any atmosphere at all and I didn't feel like hanging out there. Also they really need to buy new mattresses, I could feel the springs when sitting or lying down.

Very dirty hostel

This hostel is very nice overall. The rooms are spacious and have free lockers in them for luggage. The bathroom/shower facilities are good/clean. There are available computers to get on the internet, but there is quality and free wifi available as well. The facility also has a locked storage room if needed while sight-seeing. I would not hesitate to stay here again if in Berlin.

There is no age restriction. I hapened to stay in one room with some 40/50 years old worker, who definetely did not make any use of shower for last couple of days and was very easy to sense from the other end of the room...

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Poland

The location is pretty good, the rooms and the bunkbeds are very noisy. 24 hr reception is nice. The common room is not very welcoming to sit and enjoy a bear, so not the best hostel to meet people.

The shower did not have hot water on the second day, which is quite cold to me, and third day I stayed. Others are quite good to me, especially there's a Lidl supermarket nearby!

This hostel had everything one needed and was located close to checkpoint Charlie, so getting around was easy. In my time here, it seemed to have a lot of groups of travellers, so being a solo traveller, I found it difficult to meet people, even in my own room. Overall it was a pleasant stay though.

This hostel was located in a great spot, basically 2 minutes or so from Checkpoint Charlie, and about a 25 minute walk from the Brandenberg Tor. They supplied locks for lockers, but unfortunately they ran out on the first night I was there, so probably a good idea to bring your own. Also, bring earplugs. All three nights I was there, the snoring in my room was unbearable...

• 15th Aug 2014

Beds were very comfortable and good lockers. But the bathrooms were old and dingy, the carpet in our room was damp which gave it a horrible smell and the kitchen was very messy and unclean. However this may be due to the other people staying there as each morning it was cleaned. The hostel may be better suited to larger groups and drinking.

The wifi signal was awful, you couldn't even open any webpage. The kitchen and the bathrooms were pretty good.

Such a gloomy hostel. the hallways are long and dimly light. Girls showers weren't working when I arrived. Staff had messed up our booking and me and my friend couldn't stay in the same room, but I was fine with it coz the staff was very nice and apologetic. Not the best hostel to meet other travelers.

There was no hot water on my floor

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Its not a fancy hostel, just a regular one. There is this staff member a girl with glasses who did not wanna give her name. She was yelling at me and pushing me because i just took a misstep in the reservAtion when i wanted to add 2 more things to my laundry. Then again i asked where is the toilet she yelled me again like there is not only you etcetc. My suggestion is try to avoid her and you'll do fine

Everything was fine, except the lack of hot water in the bathroom on the 2nd floor.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Austria

It's quite good, the room are maybe little and in summer they become warm really fast, the staff is nice, we spent nice time there, nothing bad to say but also nothing really good, the best thing is the position, really near to check point charlie and the main subways stations.

Hostel was ok, spacious a clean rooms, good wifi in all areas. Common room was big and welcoming a good place to meet fellow travellers. Overall no real complaints

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6