Check In Hostel Reviews

Markgrafenstrasse 68, Berlin, Germany

I stayed here just one day, which was good. But when i take a shower, the light kept turning off every 10 mins. (Not sure but think so) And when I came into my room, the smell was not good... Except them, it was good for one day to me.

Decent hostel for what you are paying. Good location, right next to checkpoint charlie and metro station. Can't complain, we were barely at the hostel because we were out seeing berlin.

Unfortunately the showers were cold for three of the four days of our stay, but the hostel was otherwise very good. It had everything we needed, and I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. Top central location with a supermarket nearby, very clean, helpful staff, modern facilities and great atmosphere. I made some friends there although I was there just for 3 nights.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

I actually had only one day to visit as many famous sites in Berlin as possible. Thus I needed a place with best proximity and value for money! The solution to that equation was CHECK IN!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Kenya

Please, look at your kitchen!

The hostel itself was pretty good, but it was freezing cold day and night, everything but the rooms. It was really cold outside and for some reason all windows were fully open. The guy at the reception desk at night was very helpful, but i had some staff doing very noisy activities in front of my door at 7am.

Welcoming and friendly staff. Good kitchen with enough storage space and utensils. Very good price for the location. Showers were hot and clean. Would definitely stay again.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Good location, walkable to all sights. Friendly staff. Everything looks industrial, but in a kind of cool way. All clean and well-maintained. Bigger than average rooms.

BED BUGS! First morning: woke up with a few strange bites. Second morning at 4:00 am, I woke up covered in 50-80 bites from face to toes. I looked awful for my trip and was in tears from how badly they itched. Once the swelling went down they were in the telltale "designs" that bed bugs make (clusters, lines, etc.). The staff said it hadn't happened before and they could only apologize and look into it. They never followed up with me or offered a refund, and now I'm worried they're in my home.

• 10th Oct 2014

Internet sucks, too MANY censorship... EVEN I tried to get in Center for Disease Control to find update for Ebola virus in Africa and was blocked!!! Their computer treats you like your 6 years old. The lights in the hallway turn on when one walk through but turn off maybe 5 seconds later, its VERY annoying. I was not happy when found out that my credit card is not accepted for any charges under 20 Euro, made me go to bank and withdraw CASH FROM ATM!

It's aight!

Good hostel. Basic but enough for a short stay. No intimacy in dorms, and quite noisy (as every hostel...). The plus, two computers with free internet.

I stayed there for 5 days. It was the first days of autum, so the weather was a bit cold. I could only have a decent shower once. The other times, the water was very cold, no mather what time of the day was it. The staff and the other things were ok, but I can´t rate better than this if you people don´t have hot water.

Location is ok, a few stops on the metro from main town and near some attractions, but not a lot of restaurants closeby. We had no key to our room, so had to wait for staff to open it every time. No hot water, and no wifi for two of the three nights we stayed. Loud hallways right outside the rooms. Six showers total on our whole floor for upwards of 50 people.

1) the hostel is well located in the heart of berlin close to many things..ect.. 2) the bad is the internet connection. praticaly never had except 2 days on 7.low speed.terrible! I had to change three times room (twice without notice) and three times bad in the last one.no understood why.same type of room.stupidity.talking with the unpolite arrogant manager he said I should sleep on bed he assigned to me also if it was already occupied.I should discuss with the intruder.well on last night -->

• 23rd Sep 2014

1. No prior warning of heavy road construction starting at 6am. As a result: 2. No hot water. 3. No WIFI. 4. Lost electricity for 8 hours. 5. No mention of lost electricity, resulting in food spoilage. I ate said food. 6. When I requested a partial refund I was told to leave immediately (11.45pm) and had the police called on me. 7. Left in the morning. Will never EVER go back. I was one of many who was refunded and checked-out of the check-in.

Very well located hostel and helpful staff.

Male member of staff quite miserable and unfriendly, no hot water most of the time.

• 20th Sep 2014

If you would like to enjoy an authentic nazi experience then come over to Check-hostel! The staff are incredibly rude and deceitful with the Manager telling anyone who asks about the showers (which are usually cold) that there is either no problem or that he is already dealing with the Problem. kitchens dirty. wifi cuts off all the time. But a good Location in terms of centrality.

• 20th Sep 2014