8.8
Fabulous 2,157 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 2,157 Total Reviews
Check Inn HK Located at 2/F, Kwong Wah Mansion, 269-273 Hennessy Road,Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
Hong Kong
Hong Kong 2/F, Kwong Wah Mansion, 269-273 Hennessy Road,Wan Chai
88% 2157
22.2782530 114.1769653
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 31-40
16th Sep 2016

Good value for the price. No complaints, except wish there was a dehumidifier, but it's understandable that that is not available.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
15th Sep 2016

We booked 2 beds in a mixed 9 bed dorm and one of us had to sleep in a mattress on the floor. We asked a proper bed but they were fully booked, so they did not give us any other choice nor a discount on the price. The staff was very friendly, welcomig and helpful. The hostel was clean and the location is great!

10th Sep 2016

My bed was actually comfortable which was surprising in a small space. I had to print out some documents and they charge per sheet and charge 3% if you pay with credit card for the stay. The place was in a great location but not a great place to interact with other guest. Place was clean!

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Sep 2016

Excellent hostel with extremely helpful and kind staff. I met very kind backpackers like myself and had absolutely no problem at all. :)

8th Sep 2016
7.1

Too few toilet/bathrooms.

• India, All Male Group, 25-30
4th Sep 2016

My personal favorite hostel to stay for traveller's. Especially the location, Wan Chai. The lounge was a good place to relax and chat with other roommates. Also the PS4, we played it all night. Also they keep everything clean and tidy which is why I would definitely recommend this hostel. I would definitely prefer this youth hostel next time I travel to Hong Kong. Kudos!

3rd Sep 2016

3rd time I stayed here already, still love it! =D Perfect location on the island, the staff is super friendly and helpful (no problem checking in after midnight), the dorm rooms are clean, the mattresses really comfy. I like that there is always hot or cold water ready, since you cannot really drink the tap water. Also, the bus to Guangzhou is literally just around the corner, the China visa place also just a few minutes of walking, in case you need that. ;-)

• USA, Male, 25-30
29th Aug 2016

Got to this hostel really late. They emailed me the door codes, directions, and left my key in a place I could find it super easily. Their 24h self-service style is 100% awesome! Bunk was comfortable, clean sheets, and the air con worked without freezing you to death. Bathrooms were good, cleaned often. Didn't interact with staff, but seemed helpful. Neighborhood is great for seeing HK island, and this place is good for late arrivals, and people who want cheap + clean + safe.

29th Aug 2016
5.4

Overall, not good. The "free Wi-Fi" did not extend to our room, the bed setup was awkward. More importantly, the walls were paper thin. I have been in many HK hostels with thin walls, but have never had the neighbors be so impressively audible. The bathroom smelled like mold, which is pretty common in HK but was worse here than most places. Finally, security was so-so (door to the hostel area was wide open), and reception closes from 12am-8am, which is not ideal. Will not be staying here again

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
27th Aug 2016
7.1

Although the hostel has only been open for a few years, it kind of has a 'former glory' look and feel, especially in the hallways. The bunk beds have three levels, the top one was slightly uncomfortable for me because the AC was suspended literally 30 cm above my face (or feet, after I turned around.) Staff is very friendly and always ready to help you around. Overall, decent value for money. Will probably look elsewhere when returning to HK, but I wouldn't dissuade anyone from staying here.