Check Inn HK Reviews

3/F, Kwong Wah Mansion, 269-273 Hennessy Road,Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I arrived by tired and had been told that the room would be 230 and on weekends 260 bu then charged 380 with little discount but was paying 30%more than anyone else in the room. It's the most expensive hostel I have ever stayed at in my life. New York sydney and Japan are cheaper by far. I felt discriminated against and not stuck to their word of the price they gave me on phone. I felt quite uncomfortable to approach them to ask for refund.Room smelt moth ball and ther was no proper water filter

• 19th Oct 2014

Very good location and well organized facilities. However the beds are anything but comfortable, which I found to be a major downside of this hostel.

Great location and everyone has a safe. Would stay here again.

Very tiny and uncomfortable double room, size of box room. Bathroom/wet room was squeezed in there as en suite was ridiculously small. Shower head was just hanging above sink, so while showering you have to find space to wash between toilet and sink. No facilities in the room, apart from free water. Stayed in many hostels in China and this one is definitely not worth the money.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Poland

I had to pour the shower water into the tank to flush the toilet. Air conditioner blew the cold wind directly to me. Staffs were good.

In general a good place just a bit cramped but that might be normal in Hong Kong. Didn't get why they called the dorm 'deluxe' since it was nothing special except very little space. Although, its almost spotless clean and I enjoyed a good time there.

The staff messed up my booking somehow, and then sent me to a bed which already had a guy in it, apparently he had extended his stay. After that they sent me up another ten floors in the building and there I finally got my bed. Other than these initial problems everything was as it should! Nice hostel, nice personnel, clean and neat.

The hostel is great, is a little more expensive than the other hostel options around Hong Kong but is totally worth it. Is a five minute walk from the wan chai station and also from the star ferry pier, which makes its location very convenient. You.can constantly see the cleaning ladies taking care of the bathrooms and changing the sheets. Regarding the atmosphere, if you are traveling alone is a little hard to meet new people because the rooms are split in different floors of the building.

Overall a good hostel in a good location. Bathrooms had a bit of a bad smell and the room seemed to shake every time the underground train passed under the building!

My bed was literally a sponge mattress on the floor. I think it's very expensive for what it is, specially on weekends, although its safe, clean and the staff is nice.

The hostel is an excellent location. We went in the 2 bed room, was really small, but very quite and super clean. The staff is really friendly and helpful, we managed our octopus cards there. If I returned to HK, I'd book again. :)

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • China

I had a great stay at the Check Inn Hostel and met many great people. The hostel is VERY clean and the staff is very friendly. I enjoyed my stay and would definitly choose the same hostel next time I visit Hong Kong.

• 30th Sep 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff was always helpful and friendly and efficient. The facilities were always clean, well situated. The location is perfect. It is a bit cramped, as other review say, but all of Hong Kong is cramped! I didn't find the top bunk to be to small as others have said.

가격이 우선 저렴하고 사람이 많지않아서 좋았습니다.환경또한 까끗했으며 주인아주머니도 친절하지요. 단점은 주위에 식당이 많이 없는것정도네요

• 27th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Small hostel but then again, this is Hong Kong. very limited space and beds come 3 to a bunk which makes the top bunk really, really close to the ceiling.. be careful to not hit your head. It's a nice, decent hostel if you're not spending too much time there. Otherwise, great location and easy access to Wan Chai metro stop and the surrounding areas.

The hostel itself is nice, the staff, facility and the location is great : )

Very clean and conveniently located on hong kong island (though better location would be admirality). Very clean with lots of amenities like hot water and cold water, hair dryers, and universal adapters. My only complaint is that the bottom bunk isn't really a bunk bed, but rather a mattress on the floor, which quite frankly would suck. I got the top bunk which was better but had no head room to sit up given the lofted bunks.

• 18th Sep 2014

Small space, ac worked, no windows in shared room of 7, slept on the only "floor bunk bed" wasn't to bad because there are no bugs or vermin, plus very clean, wifi in rooms, clean small washroom and show in the room, desk was helpful, door security person with lock ++ medium sized solid metal lockers in room, small lounge, ok location. can't complain.

For the price, the location of this hostel is amazing; right in downtown HK island. The beds and general facilities are kept in great condition and the staff are always on hand to provide advice when needed.

All things considered it was a really nice stay. But it kinda bums me out that there are only two toilets with 20-ish people sharing them. The toilets are really clean though ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7