Check Inn HK Reviews

3/F, Kwong Wah Mansion, 269-273 Hennessy Road,Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It would have been good if I had been given a bed. A mattress on the floor, under a bunk bed is not a bed. Especially not for the full price!!!

I've stayed at several hostels in Hong Kong, and this one is by far the cleanest. I see many people saying this hostel is very small, but that's quite typical for hostels in Hong Kong. I recommend this hostel over others because it's easy to meet people, the staff is friendly, and it's cleaner than other hostel. Also, the fact that it's not in the Chungking Mansions is a bonus.

This time I spent at Check Inn was very lovely, everything was just perfect. It's also because my room was at a higher floor which has great common room and everything. Before I stayed at 3rd floor of the building and it was kind of weird... I think staff had bad day and putting toilet this close to common room was kind of awkward...

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Decent hostel. Good location, staff are very helpful. Clean and comfortable. It was a lot smaller than I expected so kinda difficult to socialise with such a small common area. Tiny wet room style bathrooms so prepare for a wet toilet if you go in after someone has showered.

Amazing hostel! Great for meeting new people. Stellar facilities and friendly staff. Hard to find but worth it! Met some cool ppl in my 5 days there. Nooooo regrets!

• 20th Aug 2015

Helpful staff, clean. Sleeping space is crammed, but is expected in HK.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

This hostel was great! I have no complaints! I stayed for eight nights and met many wonderful people!

• 19th Aug 2015

tiny but clean,very helpful staff!

Great hostel that is really really clean and has the best facilities and is great value for money. staff are really friendly and helpful.

The dormitory was very small. The beds are small too and if you're a big guy like me you'll be taller than the bed. The curtain lets too much light in so you'll wake up early. The street nearby is very noisy. The bathrooms are right next to the "living room" and the doors very thin... That could be improved so customers get more privacy. The staff was ok. Only the room cleaner was actually friendly.

• 17th Aug 2015

Overall great hostel, well run. Very convenient location if you need to go to the China visa office.

Check Inn HK was really great overall! Staff were super friendly and great in English, and they organized several cool free/semi-free events for people to go to. As a person traveling by myself, this was a great place to meet cool people. It's also in a great central location. The only critique I have was that they moved my room twice in the two days I was there... Not ideal, but overall still had a good experience.

• 13th Aug 2015

Amazing hostel. Friendly staff that practically planned my entire trip in HK for me. Bathrooms are constantly being cleaned. Lockers for your stuff but also security in the building. Great internet and air con. Would definitely stay agin. Loved this place. Don't expect south east Asia prices. It's also close to the subway station

I was only here for one night. I thought the location was great. The dim sum place down the street was delicious (went there twice in 24 hours) and the staff were very helpful. The room was comfortable. The lounge area was small, but expected for the location (upstairs in an apartment-style building). The airport direct line is two subway stops away and easy to find. The bars in the area were fun. I would probably stay again.

great place ... next time again!

Very nice Hostel. Dorms & Bathroom were perfectly clean, not too spacious but I guess that's normal in HK. There wasnt really a Community space but the atmosphere was still very sociable. Location is great, close to Central. Staff is very nice, speaks good English and they have plenty of recommondations what to do in and around HK.

• 8th Aug 2015

Great hostel on Hong Kong Island! About 10 minutes from the Wan Chai metro and only two metro stops from Central. I have stayed here twice now and both times the staff has been extremely accommodating and helpful. The rooms are tiny...the whole place is really..but that is just the norm for Hong Kong. What really matters is that everything is very clean! I definitely recommend CheckInn - great value for the money, nice, clean, and friendly!

• 7th Aug 2015

very good location. Easy to reach the shopping and other places. Very clean. It is better to have the curtain for each bed.

Had a great stay at Check Inn. Nice staff, great location, bathrooms and facilities are always clean. Pretty social atmosphere too! Next to Fish Ball King which is open late and has great noodles.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Very well located. Read the instructions on how to get in first! There's a free bus from the metro station, you don't have to pay an extra metro ticket to get there. Very clear instructions and warm welcome. The room was a little tight (I stayed in the 8 people mixed dorms), and I had the lower bed (that is - on the floor) Internet is strong, bathrooms are clean. Everything you would expect on a big city hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5