Check Inn HK Reviews

3/F, Kwong Wah Mansion, 269-273 Hennessy Road,Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Basic backpackers in the heart of HK - near the party district. Wifi worked well, but there was no kitchen, free drinkable water, bathrooms are there (but go straight onto the loungeroom which can be awkward), staff are OK. Atmosphere is a little disappointing too, lots of people from China there for a couple of nights just to renew their visas - meaning they weren't up for much at all. Common area was pretty tight too, (as you'd expect for HK I guess).

Pretty good hostel and very clean. Only issue was that there wasn't much communal space to hang out in. However it is Hong Kong and space is a premium.

It's a bit expensive bit you get top facilities in a premier location. Staff are friendly and the place is clean and hospitable.

• 7th Nov 2014

Very pleasant hostel. Staff were very friendly but it was a bit overpriced. Apart from this I would recommend it.

The staff was very pleasant towards us. We enjoyed the facilities and the atmosphere of the common space. We definately plan on coming back for another stay when we visit Hong Kong! Thanks Check Inn HK!

• 6th Nov 2014

The location of the hostel is ok, however the facilities themselves are awful. The property is split between several flats, which would be fine if the rooms were ok. This is not the case though, we were put into a "twin bed, en-suite" room which should have actually been a closet. The room had a bunk bed, a "window" which had a notice saying it should not be opened - which didn't surprise me as it looked onto a ventilation shaft. The space felt claustrophobic and hot, impossible to sleep there.

Great 4 day stay here. The location is brilliant

• 3rd Nov 2014

Excellent location and wonderful staff. Best hostel I have ever stayed!!

They gave me the best customer experience ever, I travel frequently and have slept in hotels/hostels etc. but none of them can compare to Check Inn HK, the whole staff are very friendly and you can feel they are not faking it. I will come back there for sure.

Very nice hostel on hongkong island

Good but small, but that's Hong Kong. very focussed on cleaning. bathrooms could be more conveniently placed, but the hostel is small so...

The staff are really lovely and helpful. There are some organised activities to meet people - I'd recommend doing them as it's hit

excellent staff.friendly guests.as good as it gets in hk.space is at a premium but well managed.

This was my second time staying here, and the price for what you get is amazing for Hong Kong. The location is very convenient in Wan Chai. The facilities are excellent and always kept spotlessly clean and secure. It would be nice if there were some outdoor lounge space, but the limitations of space in Hong Kong would make this difficult. I love this place and will stay here every time I come to Hong Kong as long as I'm paying out of my own pocket. If I come for business, maybe I'll get a hotel!

I stayed on Level 14 and I have to say that the cleanliness of the hostel was excellent! Perhaps check-in and getting my allocated bed could have been smoother, but hey, I understand that they had to do housekeeping. Security was good with the contactless card being very assuring. Thank you for the lovely bed-it was very cozy and comfortable.

I enjoyed the stay. Very helpful friendly staff. So many people around and still amazingly clean. Next time I will stay here again

Good location, staff were nice would stay here if in Hong Kong again. Note: the shower/toilet area are small but hey that's typical Hong Kong!

This hostel was great! It was easy to meet new people and there was always stuff going on. I even met other people from Seatttle! The hostel was incredibly clean, and the storage lockers were huge. The AC worked really well and would cool our room down within minutes of turning it on. The staff was friendly and helpful when I needed to ask the questions. My only complaint is that it's a 10 minute walk from the MTA. It's a really small complaint and the walk is easy.

Very good location and well organized facilities. However the beds are anything but comfortable, which I found to be a major downside of this hostel.

They have a nicer location and the setup is easy to meet people BUT for how much you pay it's probably not worth it. There is a place two blocks away that is 30% cheaper and has better amenities. The check inn is cramped and has no real common space. Hot water in the showers last only a couple minutes or so. I'm more so just shocked by the price you pay for a bunk bed- $40 a night?