Check Inn HK Reviews

3/F, Kwong Wah Mansion, 269-273 Hennessy Road,Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

All things considered it was a really nice stay. But it kinda bums me out that there are only two toilets with 20-ish people sharing them. The toilets are really clean though ;)

I don't really understand why the hostel has such good ratings. The staff are not that great and the mother is quite rude when she's trying to change the sheets and etc. before checkout at 11am. Because it is #1 on Hostelworld/has a very good rating then there's always a lot of people around. Not everyone is sociable so you've got to be the one to initiate convo and invite people to do things. I wouldn't stay here again as it's not worth the money for what you get.

Quite cramped, but that's Hong Kong

I had a perfect stay at the Check Inn HK, I didn't see a lot the staff so I can't really say something about it. But I felt really well in this hostel, I spoke with many people et it was really clean!

Easy to find from the airport and good location. The staff is not overly friendly, though polite enough, but the atmosphere and fellow travelers more than make up for it. Only a couple shared bathrooms, but they are cleaned regularly. I would stay here again...it's a good option for the price. Small lockers that barely fit a computer and few valuables, but every bed has a power strip with worldwide adapters.

It was a tiny hostel, but very cozy! I enjoyed my stay there.

Clean but overall very basic and not a great atmosphere

• 9th Sep 2014

Suprisingly spacious for a Hong Kong hostel, Check Inn HK is in a great location in Wan Chai, 5-10 mins from the aforementioned MTR station and the downtown area full of pubs, bars and eateries (and red light district). The dorm rooms are comfy and you can spend hours watching the trams ('ding ding'), traffic and people go by from the window. Only two bathrooms on the main floor though. Fantastic atmosphere with all kinds of people mingling together and the staff are very helpful, great hostel.

I was booked here after the lift in the hostel I was meant to stay at in Kowloon broke, and it was excellent here with the position on Hong Kong island making it more central and easier to get to see everything that Hong Kong has to offer. Extra kudos to explaining how to get in after my flight was delayed until 5:30am, and the free crackers are like crack to a hungry traveller.

This was by far the best hostel I have ever been in. The facilities were good, the staff was extremely helpful, and the location was perfect. For those looking at doing Visa runs in Hong Kong, this hostel is a ten minute walk from the office. I highly recommend going there. I will use this place again, and I have already referred my friends to this place

• 31st Aug 2014

The staff was wonderful and it was an easy location to get around from. I met a lot of great people there!

The shower and toilet are together in the cubicle, so be aware. Lockers are provided in the room and there's air conditioning and sofas to meet people. Altogether nice.

I stayed because of the proximity to the China visa office, but I really enjoyed this hostel; it turned into quite a pleasant trip. The place is clean, the staff is very helpful with giving tips on where to eat, planning trips, etc., and they speak English. The common area is a great place for meeting other travelers and I met some pretty cool people to hang out with. My only complaint is that the top bunks are extremely high up. I will have to request a lower bunk next time.

• 27th Aug 2014

I stayed here for only one night, but I found it to be very nice. The rooms are small (but it's HK, so don't expect much bigger), the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. The toilet in the women's dorm didn't always flush everything, but aside from that it was nice!

Everything and Everyone there was awesome

• 25th Aug 2014
  • India

Very friendly staff. I am staying here again later on in my travels.

Conveniently located and expertly run, if you are a traveller staying in Hong Kong for any period of time, I implore you to check out Check Inn!

Centrally located down town. Easy to get to via airport from bus or via Airport Express. You might miss the entrance at first (it's a non-descript door into the building). There's free wifi, which works well, the bathroom is clean, the AC works well (critical given how hot and humid Hong Kong can be) and there are lockers in the room to lock up your stuff during the day (I could fit my carry-on suitcase into the lockers).

Friendly staff and clean facilities. Decent location on the island - a 20 minute walk to Central and 30 minutes to Lan Kwai Fong. Common areas on each floor as well as a main common area on the reception floor. Not bad for meeting people but it depends on the crowd that's there. Wide range of travelers from 18 to 50+. Good mix of nationalities, with a good amount of English speakers.

This was first time staying in a Hostel. I was in Hong Kong for only 3 days. The Check Inn was close to MTR subway, as well as the ferry and Visa offices. It was clean the beds were nice and came with Linens. I really enjoyed my time in Check Inn and appreciated the great service.

• 10th Aug 2014