Check Inn HK Reviews

3/F, Kwong Wah Mansion, 269-273 Hennessy Road,Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I'd love to give this 5* as the location was perfect and the staff were genuinely lovely. But c. $40 is far too much for a six bed dorm that was roasting hot, placed above a traffic intersection and where I was quite literally sleeping on the floor. I slept terribly.

Very nice staff - very helpful and friendly. A little bit of a tight squeeze, but it is HK and in that location for that price, there is no argument.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Clean, but the spaces were small. Nowhere to socialize with other hostellers. Beds were comfortable.

Great location. Very small reception, hanging out area. With rooms spread out among various floors, more difficult to meet other travelers.

• 19th Nov 2014

Great if you are travelling for business purposes: convenient location, helping staff, additional services provided (e.g. printing, plug adaptors, luggage storing), clean, quiet (for HK standards!) and honesty in general.

Was a really nice Hostel, really clean and a very good atmosphere.. the only minus is that we payed 360 Honk Kong Dollars per night in a dorm where we slept with other 8 people... that is definitely too much for a hostel, even for this really nice and cozy hostel :/

Pretty good hostel. Very friendly staff.

I spend 3 nights there and that was a good choice. Walking distance to the subway and to the ferry Wan Chai! Supporting and nice stuff! (-:

The double room is claustrophobic (supersmall). No daylight, shower above the toilet, and the bed is supersmall (only good for couples who are very much in love, not for two friends). Alse the towels and the bed linen had many stains on them. However.. on the last day I saw that the dorms look supergood. I woud definately recommend to stay there. Its probably cheaper and so much nicer, fresher, cleaner, spacious and also you have a locker there. Location is great.

Basic backpackers in the heart of HK - near the party district. Wifi worked well, but there was no kitchen, free drinkable water, bathrooms are there (but go straight onto the loungeroom which can be awkward), staff are OK. Atmosphere is a little disappointing too, lots of people from China there for a couple of nights just to renew their visas - meaning they weren't up for much at all. Common area was pretty tight too, (as you'd expect for HK I guess).

Pretty good hostel and very clean. Only issue was that there wasn't much communal space to hang out in. However it is Hong Kong and space is a premium.

It's a bit expensive bit you get top facilities in a premier location. Staff are friendly and the place is clean and hospitable.

• 7th Nov 2014

Very pleasant hostel. Staff were very friendly but it was a bit overpriced. Apart from this I would recommend it.

The staff was very pleasant towards us. We enjoyed the facilities and the atmosphere of the common space. We definately plan on coming back for another stay when we visit Hong Kong! Thanks Check Inn HK!

• 6th Nov 2014

The location of the hostel is ok, however the facilities themselves are awful. The property is split between several flats, which would be fine if the rooms were ok. This is not the case though, we were put into a "twin bed, en-suite" room which should have actually been a closet. The room had a bunk bed, a "window" which had a notice saying it should not be opened - which didn't surprise me as it looked onto a ventilation shaft. The space felt claustrophobic and hot, impossible to sleep there.

Great 4 day stay here. The location is brilliant

• 3rd Nov 2014

Excellent location and wonderful staff. Best hostel I have ever stayed!!

They gave me the best customer experience ever, I travel frequently and have slept in hotels/hostels etc. but none of them can compare to Check Inn HK, the whole staff are very friendly and you can feel they are not faking it. I will come back there for sure.

Strange hostel. Located in an apartment building and several flats were turned into hostel rooms. So each flat had a small common area and 3 or 4 rooms with bunkbeds. Clean rooms and bathrooms but the whole building was a bit rundown, lift was a little scary. Staff was awesome though, SO friendly and helpful. Good location. I would choose staying at Yesinn over this place, but wouldn't mind staying here again if I needed to.

Very nice hostel on hongkong island