Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel, fantastic atmosphere and good rooftop bar. Really good breakfast. Location perfect - 2 min walk to red and blue mosque

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Thanks to Olga, Tarik, Sinan, Ahmet and Nuri whose priceless advises made my experience in Istanbul one of my favorites ever. Clean hostel, friendly and helpful staff, very good breakfast and the rooftop bar with its amazing view is perfect for the ones that want to meet new people. And Ahmet's pub crawl is a must join.

Loved my stay at cheers hostel! One of the best backpackers I have been to. The staff are definitely the asset and highlight to this hostel as they make us feel like home! I'll recommend cheers to my friends who visit Istanbul for sure.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Absolutely amazing hostel. Would recommend highly. Especially good for a solo traveler because the staff are so friendly and helpful. They give great advice about the city and help to introduce people to one another and make the hostel feel like a real family. So if you're not so good at meeting people the staff are amazing at assisting. Facilities are great and the bar up on the terrace has a great atmosphere and beautiful view of Aya Sofya.

• 29th Apr 2015

I have absolutely no complaints in any manner from this hostel. Cheers was absolutely fantastic, best location in the city, a wicked friendly staff (they remembered everyones name and made you feel like best friends whenever you came in the door). I would definitely stay again no doubts about it!

Had a great time here, location is awesome and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Will certainly stay here again in the future.

Cheers Hostel is definitely the place to stay in Istanbul. It's super close to all the major attractions and walking distance to the new side across the bridge. Olga, Ahmet, Zaman, Tariq, Sinan, Salim, Nori and Onur are absolutely wonderful. They will greet you with big smiles, and make you feel welcome at every chance they get. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is delicious and the terrace bar is awesome ! I've made lifelong friends at Cheers and will stay there again when I return.

Very good value for money. The staff was so nice and helpful. Supernice atmosphere and a very good breakfast.

Fabulous hostel. The staff are exceptional, along with the location and rooms!

What an amazing hostel! Location is inconvenient, close to tourist attractions and only a couple of minutes' walk from Sultanahmet tram stop. The hostel was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was plentiful. But the most important of all was how friendly all the staff was. As soon as we checked in we were offered tea and all there is to know about Istanbul and Turkey. The bed was very comfy and the duvet was so soft. The resident dog was an added bonus. Thank you for making us feel so welcome! Yada

• 25th Apr 2015

I love this place! and will stay there whenever I am in Istanbul!! The staff there are more than excellent and you can`t beat the location

Genuine passion, a commodity most rare, cannot be faked. These young, talented staffers positively overflow with openness and a real sense of care, endowing their hostel with that sublime air of recuperative calm that gives even the most world-weary traveller the impression they're at home, with family. Phenomenal location. Views of the Hagia Sophia from our room. Very clean, delicious breakfast. Excellent service and upkeep.

• 23rd Apr 2015

The team at Cheers that we experienced (Ahmet, Sinan and Olga) were extremely helpfully and accommodating with advice on the local area. Highly recommend them, great atmosphere. Warren and June

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

You guys are the best. Zaman is the best dog ever and I already miss him. Thank you so much for everything you guys did for us. You made our trip amazing. We hope to be back one day!

Cheers has a perfect location which is located next to Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque. Good facilities, clean and tidy. There's storage cabinets in the room with locks. Regardless of all of above, the hostel staffs are superb! And it's really easy to meet new people! Definitely will come back! Thanks for Olga's awesome apple pie!!! lol

We cannot thank you guys enough for everything you did for us. We hope we can come back to Istanbul and stay at Cheers sometime soon!

• 22nd Apr 2015

I stayed at Cheers hostel for 6 nights and it was incredible! The atmosphere is so comforting and the staff are so nice and friendly - always offering tea or coffee, will always help if needed and just super kind. This is the best hostel I've stayed in, I just loved it AND THEY HAVE A PET DOG.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Excellent hostel. The rooms are clean and the staff are exceptional. I felt very welcome as a solo traveller and will definitely recommend Cheers Hostel to my friends, and will stay on my next visit to Istanbul. Great location, walking distance to all of the attractions, and the staff are willling to point give recommendations whenever you need.

Amazing staff, amazing apple tea, amazing dog! And the location is incredibly convenientç

We had a lovely time at Cheers. The staff were lovely and the location was perfect. Everybody was so helpful and friendly, we would 100% recommend Cheers Hostel to friends.

• 17th Apr 2015