Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel. One of the best I have been to lately. Staff is awesome. Location can't be beaten. I would definitely recommend it.

Great staff, very helpful.. Totally recommend it.

Excellent staff and location. The breakfast is great with tea and coffee. Its like a home away from home. I had the most amazing stay at Cheers Hostel and will be back again, thankyou Cheers team :)

Cheers Hostel has to be the best Istanbul has to offer! Centrally located within a 2 minute walk to Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern. Also 10 minute walk from the Bosphorus and Spice Bazaar. The staff are amazing and friendly from Ahmet, Olga and everyone else. My stay was amazing for the first three nights and I am returning for a 4th night once I complete my travels throughout Turkey and return to Istanbul for a day. Thank You Cheers hostel for a fantastic experience!

A lovely hostel in the middle of Sultanahmet with an awesome view on the Aya Sophia. Already been here twice and every time the breakfast was very good and the service was very helpful, friendly and warm. I would recommend this to everybody and next time i'm in Istanbul I would choose this again.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Staying at the Cheers Hostel was like staying with family. Warm and inviting with an excellent breakfast. And at times, I was even offered a home cooked meal. Very close to all the major sights in the old town district, I'd highly recommend staying here to other travelers.

Honestly guys this hostel is RAD! The bar has the greatest views of İstanbul and is the perfect place to meet other travelers. Staff are warm, friendly and helpful; all with exceptional English to help us Aussie, American or British get to know this wonderful town. İ highly recommend. P.s. Ahmet is the man...Tariq is also the man.

This is the third time that I stay here. I have stayed in both dorm and private room. Everything was great and clean. The staff are very helpful. The location is perfect as it takes only 5 minutes to walk to main landmarks; Blue mosque, Aya Sofia, etc. There is also a wonderful rooftop bar where you get to know other people in 2 minutes. I am sure there will be the forth time for me here. Cheers!!!!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

I loved my stay at Cheers Hostel. As a female traveling alone, I felt very safe and supported there, and was never lacking great people to hang out with, including the staff. The location was great - you can walk anywhere in the Old City easily, and it's close to the tram, too. Very clean. The bar upstairs is great!

• 6th Dec 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! The staff was so welcome on our arrival (they made us apple tea and shared about the city of Istanbul) helpful with any question we had! Having the bar inside the hostel also gave it such a great feel and made it easy to meet people! We also had the Saturday night BBQ and it was great. The breakfast was also incredible! We stayed in the 10 person and I definitely didn't feel like it was less nice or uncomfortable at all! STAY HERE!

Cheers is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It is super clean and the rooms are huge! Everything about this hostel was amazing, especially the people. The staff were so incredibly helpful and welcoming. They answered every question we had and helped us everyday to decide what to do. They have amazing breakfast and also do an awesome barbecue for weekend dinner! Although I only stayed 4 days, it was so sad leaving the staff members and this beautiful place. HIGHLY recommend it!!

• 4th Dec 2014

Loved everything about this hostel, and HIGHLY recommend staying here if you want to stay in Sultanahmet, near all of the most famous landmarks (Hagia Sofia, Grand Bazaar, etc.). The staff was warm, helpful and wonderful from the moment that I arrived from the airport, and I felt truly safe and taken care of the whole time that I was there. The room where I stayed was clean and cozy, and the hostel cafe/bar upstairs has a beautiful view of Hagia Sofia!

• 4th Dec 2014

The staff is what makes this hostel stand out. When we came in, we were shown to our room, and then Olga made us each a cup of apple tea and told us all about Istanbul. Whenever we came in, we felt welcomed by whoever was in the lobby at the time, and there was never a shortage of tea! I would highly recommend this hostel.

Hostel has a great roof top view of the Aya Sofia. The bar upstairs is a great way to meet other people. The staff in the hostel are super friendly and breakfast buffet style is great. Free water, and tea is a bonus. I stayed here an additional two days rather than switch sides to either the Asian side, or across the river in the Galata area. Hostel is close to a lot of the major things to see and close to the tram and ATMs. There's a super cheapo place to eat nearby for 1 TL. Would stay again!

Great price, great location! You get what you pay for plus a little more

• 29th Nov 2014

Great location & atmosphere, with an amazing view of Hagia Sophia! The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Must try: their BBQ dinners and their bar!

A fantastic place to stay. The hostel facilities are top, the bar is monumental and the staff are kind and caring in each and every way... Ps. Olga is the man

Located right in the old city which means you are right by a lot of the main tourists spots like Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque! Atmosphere was great. It was easy to meet people downstairs to adventure with in the kitchen and at the upstairs bar. There is an with an amazing view of Hagia Sophia right outside the bar window. Staff was great. You can book a bus shuttle at the front desk to take you to any of the airports.

After careful consideration of all the reviews of various hostel I found cheers and hoped that if out met up to half of what the reviews said then it would be a great choice -- well cheers surpassed even the amazing reviews. The view from the rooftop bar is phenomenal. The location is perfect for seeing all the key sights or easily jumping on public trans. The staff is the best part though - they are some of the friendliest and most helpful people I have ever interacted at with at a hostel!!

Been travelling around Europe for the past three months and this was my best experience in a hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful with everything we asked - they went so far as to give us tips on how to not get ripped off by taxi drivers. The atmosphere was very much like a home and it was very refreshing to have that experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7