Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

We had a great time at cheers! Perfect location, close to Hagia Sofia and easy access to public transport to get everywhere in the city. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and gave us several good food recommendations and introduced us to Turkish coffee :) highly recommend this hostel!

i have stayed at so many hostels around europe and Cheers is one of the best ones!! stuff helps you with everything! I will be back!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

A must in Istanbul. Great place, great location, great staff.

• 21st Sep 2014

The staff was super friendly and very helpful in answering any questions we had about the neighborhood, which sights to see, etc. Tony was a great guide around the Taksim area on Saturday night; I wouldn't have had any idea where to start were it not for him.

• 20th Sep 2014

Really nice to stay here!

• Taiwan

All of staff are so helpful.So you can ask them any questions. Especially in my case,I left my valuable thing there.I didn't notice about it.But The owner contacted me to tell about it.That made me so relieved. I really appropriate it.

• Japan

For the same price as countless hotels in the area, I would choose a hotel. I don't consider myself super picky when it comes to accommodations, but what I don't like is mold in the bathroom, hallway, and above the bed. Hairs on the sheets and floor as if no one even bothered to sweep, holes in the walls, a broken toilet seat cover, wobbly toilet, broken A.C., no safe, the list goes on...

• 19th Sep 2014

I had a mishap in my travels. Cheers was happy to take care of me. Everyone working at the hostel is very sociable and wants to make sure you have a great trip. The bar has a great view and is a fun place to be, but the dorms are still quiet.

That was the second time I stayed there,I had a great time and thank Ahmet, he helped me buy the ticket of lady gaga'show. If I'll go to Istanbul again, I will choose CHEERS no hastiest.love u guys!! TIAN

Very good staff, very good location (close to blue mosque, grand bazar & the palace) and they have a nice bar. The staff remember your name which is very good! i recommend to stay here.

I had an amazing time at this hostel....the staff is so helpful and funny. Tarik is so helpful and friendly and great to talk to, makes u feel happy and at home. Tony is lively and funny and loved to energize everyone. Ahmet welcomes u at all hours and Ilga is so passionate about the city it is so refreshing!!! I would for sure come back!!!

• 14th Sep 2014

Thanks to the helpful staff and clean rooms, I was able to spend very comfortable. Thanks to the staff that Ahmet helped me in particular, I was able to buy a souvenir that I was looking for. Thank you very much.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Tony was very welcoming and helped us sort out our few days in Istanbul. It couldn't be better located for the touristy sites in the old part of town. We booked a deluxe private room with ensuite, which actually turned out to be more like a huge hotel room which was great. It was actually in another building two streets away which was good in most ways, however we were also in a hostel for the social element which perhaps was lacking a bit, this was accentuated by being up the road.

Great location, great stuff, convenient kitchen. But they really need to improve the WIFI in the lobby.

Great hostel, great location, friendly staff, delicious breakfast. Great dog, too!

I love that place! Its very clean, great stuff, nice rooftop with am excellent view to Hagia Sophia! Next time definatly again in cheers!!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! All the staff have been so friendly and helpful, especially Ahmet and Tony. It's great to be staying somewhere with staff that will do whatever they can to help you out (including breaking the lock on my bag as the code had somehow been reset to one I didn't know)! The breakfast included so much fresh fruit and veggies, which is such a welcome change from most hostel breakfasts. Light and spacious dorms with storage lockers. There's a dog too! Top hostel!

• 10th Sep 2014

Very nice

This is a great hostel to stay at in Istanbul! I stayed here at the beginning and end of my month in Turkey. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spacious (with lockers! not a feature anywhere else I went in Turkey). There's also a great rooftop bar and it's really easy to meet other travelers. Location is perfect - close to all the major sites as well as the trams. Totally recommended!

Everything is awesome