Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Very friendly staff, and an excellent location. I felt very safe and enjoyed my stay there very much. A smaller hostel, which is to my liking. I would definitely stay here again. Clean, fun, and very hip! (they play great music in the lobby)

Great experience here. The staff was genuinely friendly and made you feel welcome. The room was huge (just one socket though for 8 people) and the bar has a great view of the Haghia Sophia and most of the major sites are within walking distance! Highly recommended.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in because the staff was the best I've ever met. They really make you feel welcome and like you are a part of a family. Location is great and within 5 minutes walking distance from so many attractions. I will stay here again on my next trip and recommend to anyone visiting Istanbul in the future!

Great stuff

Amazing location! Really, truly amazing. I had a very limited time in Istanbul and was able to maximize it thanks to how close the hostel was to the major sites on my must-see list. Enthusiastic, very welcoming staff, good vibe. Rooftop bar opens up right on to a magnificent view of Hagia Sophia, but it did make my top-floor room a little noisy late at night. Everything else was nearly perfect.

I had a wonderful stay,

I stayed at the hostel for a few days and I had a good time.

• 18th Feb 2015

Awesome atmosphere. Excellent location in the heart of the city, close to the main sights. Really helpful and friendly staff. And, cherry on top, very delicious breakfast! I'll definately stay here again when I come back to Istanbul :D

it's a really nice hostel, the stuff are helping and friendly. They have no hesitation to offer you help. I even booked twice during the time I spent in Turkey! 這裡的員工很熱情,很願意提供幫助,位置絕佳!

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

Very close to Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, and Topkapi Palace. Awesome bar on top floor. I will stay here whenever I am in Istanbul.

• 15th Feb 2015

Really good location, and nice staff here, they give me a lot of information for travel

• 14th Feb 2015
  • China

Cheers is my favorite hostel in the world. I have intentionally booked extended layovers my last two visits to Istanbul just to come see my friends that work at Cheers. This hostel is a well-oiled machine. Every aspect of each of their properties is excellent. The attention to detail, but mostly the warmth of the people who work here are what brings me back over and over again. The kindness and sincerity of the staff is infectious to the people who stay. It always feels like family.

• 14th Feb 2015

Cheers Hostel is hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at in Europe. The first night I arrived they had a barbeque dinner where we all got to meet each other. The bar on the roof is great with an amazing view of the Hagia Sophia. I can not say enough about the staff. They know you by name, are always nice and help with everything. I dream about the Turkish breakfast they serve. I was initially worried about traveling to Istanbul alone, but Cheers Hostel made me feel like I was home!

• 13th Feb 2015

Location was superb, a few blocks from the Hagia Sofia, Basilica Cistern, Blue Mosque and Hop On/Off Bus. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful, and they interacted with the guests in a way that promoted a great sense of camaraderie. Be aware that they only take cash but there are ATMs located nearby, also they don’t have any single rooms so if you want a private room (as I did) you have to pay for both portions of a double room. I would definitely stay here again.

I had great time in this hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is in perfect area, it's easy to reach any touristic attraction. I dont have any bad world to say about this hostel, only positive things - amazing staff, clean room, perfect location, tasty breakfast and great bar in hostel.

This is easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at and that is coming from a guy who has seen his fair share of hostels. The staff are amazingly friendly, location is amazing, and the rooms are nice and clean. Go upstairs, have a beer next to the fireplace, and enjoy the view. Just like the tv show Cheers, you really feel like Cheers Hostel is a place where everybody knows your name.

• 13th Feb 2015

All was amazing, the staff made me feel at home all the time. The rooms are simply perfect and the location is great, walking distance to all the important atractions of the old city and breakfast was just the best of my trip! would recomend it to everybody!

Easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Came for the 4th and definately not last time! Thanks so much to all staff for making my trip special again!!

Cheers Hostel was definitely one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at. The staff is extremely hospitable and friendly that you feel right at home. It is in a wonderful location and feels completely safe. I would go back to Istanbul just to stay at Cheers Hostel again :)

• 12th Feb 2015

It felt like being home. We arrived and Olga asked our names, offered tea and gave us a tour through the four floors. Every staff knows your name and will offer a hot (and free!) beverage when they see you coming back from the cold, and will encorage you to join the group at the terrace every night for a beer. Whenever we needed directions/recomendations they were more than willing to help. Our room was spacious and I think it was the best bed I've ever had at a hostel. Im definitely coming back

• 10th Feb 2015