Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

şerefe Tarik, Selim, Naci and Ahmed!I We had such a great time at that place! The staff was awesome and out of all hostels we've been to, this was the one we felt most home. All the staff members know our names, the breakfast was excellent (we didn't even know it was included before we came!) And to be honest: The bar is the place to be among all the hostel bars in Instanbul! Theres no other place where you can have a beer and have the best view straight to Hagia Sophia!

Once coing to Cheers you feel like at home. The people working there are more than great. Helpful, nice, absolutely amazing. The hostel is less than 5 minutes from Hagia Sophia and you can see it from the roof bar-absolutely fabulous view. The atmosphere - amazing. People are like one big family.The breakfast is included in price, anytime you want the guys will prepare you the tea or coffee - especially apple tea. Will definitely come back to Cheers if I happen to be in Istanbul again.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Poland

I absolutely loved this hostel and the people in it. Nothing bad to say. Also, one of the employees has a dog that visits so if you're a dog person, this is definitely the hostel for you. If not, he's very well behaved and will leave you alone.

Great staff. Great location. Great breakfast. What more could a backpacker ask for?

Great breakfasts, and I loved the apple tea! The staff was incredibly nice, and the top floor bar was a lot of fun. If anything, because I really had an awesome experience, the mattresses seemed like they could be replaced.

Extremely hospitable and helpful staff. Once you have stayed in Cheers, you wouldnt want to stay elsewhere in Istanbul. The place has a friendly and homely vibe about it with a terrace bar that is vibrant in the nights. The place has a super friendly resident dog - Zamman who is an attraction in himself! Thestaff let us use their lounge for a day even after we had checked out!

• 13th Apr 2014
  • India

The staff at Cheers Hostel were so great. They were helpful and accommodating. If you prefer a quieter room, ask to stay in a room out of the main hostel building. They have several buildings nearby! I recommend this place to anyone.

• 12th Apr 2014

Best location hands down. The staff were absolutely amazing and the rooftop bar was a pleasant surprise!! With a view out of every window I cannot wait to come back in May!!!

It is a very interesting hostel. The hostel is clean and beautiful.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at Cheers Hostel! Staff was so nice and always helpfull. Loved the breakfast! Great vibe and a good location!

Cheers to all the hostel`s staff! It was definitely a very nice experince, it was almost like staying with friends. :-)

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

The staff and the location are great! Tarik was very kind and helpfull. We took a 3 private room that were ok, but not more than that. The dorms seem to be better. Anyway - A good hostel, in amazing location with really good staff.

Really great location (2 minutes walk to Aya Sofia!) and value for money. Friendly, helpful service; a delicious buffet breakfast; one toilet/shower for five people (and the shower is hot and powerful); and spacious, airy dorm rooms make this the perfect budget choice. Possibly the best Hostel I’ve ever stayed at, and definitely recommended.

The breakfast didn't start reliably, sometimes at 8, but rather at 8.30 - 9. There are no lockers to the rooms, which makes it seem a little insecure. There is a lot of noise at night because of the parties at the bar. Otherwise, it was a nice stay. It's not super amazing, but perfectly fine.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Wonderful hostel and great top floor bar with awesome view. The breakfast is GREAT and there's a nice area outside to sit. The staff is nice and will help you with any questions. Only complaint is that it's harder to meet people because they don't have a central common room besides the bar upstairs. I was also in the room on the first floor and it was loud at night and I could hear all the conversations. Beds and sheets are clean and comfortable. Overall, lovely hostel!

hi!! I miss you guys really!!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Very friendly atmosphere. We were highly pleased. We were greeted by name at our taxi and told that we got breakfast on the day we arrived because we booked late :) Great bonus! They even helped us by giving us a 3 person room the first night so we didn't have to switch rooms when our friend came the next day. Only drawback would be that the walls are a bit thin and you can hear a lot of noise in the halls and other rooms. Might be a problem for light sleepers.

I really enjoyed my stay here! The location in the old part of the city of Istanbul was outstanding. Just a few blocks away from several of the 'must see' sights, couldn't be better. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped with dinner suggestions, boat tour info, and arranging a shuttle to the airport. They've got the coolest, funky bar on the top floor, and it has the best view of the Haghia Sophia. It's a unique view most people miss out on seeing. I was very pleased overall!

• 24th Mar 2014

Tarik and the crew go out of their way to make you feel at home. Thanks, guys, you're the best. 6 stars out of 5. Special thanks to my son :>)

Very nice place - good location (with an amazing view on Aya Sofya from the bar), big and clean rooms, great atmosphere and the staff was very nice and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7