Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Despite the outstanding comments we read about the hostel it wasn´t so great, it was just fine. Breakfast was always the same and poor, our bedroomsdidn´t even have a side table and the bathroom no space to put your stuff. had to use a chair. However, it was very very clean and the bed was so comfortable which is the important thing The staff very nice and their dog so cute!! In general it was alright. We returned to our country with a great experience from Istanbul!!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Spain

Tariq is a superstar.

Cheers is a great hostel with nice rooms, excellent staff, and it's located right in the heart of Sultanahmet. The hostel is a short walk from many of Istanbul's key sights including the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofya and Basilica Cistern, to name only a few. There is a member of staff on reception all day and night to help you, and they are all very friendly. The rooms are large and have lockers for your belongings. There aren't heaps of bathrooms but they are cleaned regularly.

Best hostel team in the business, make you feel at home as soon as you walk in. Providing help with trips throughout Istanbul and further abroad. Spacious dorms with lockers, a great bar and a view over looking Ayasofya.

• 21st Jun 2015

Cheers is in a great location with new and clean rooms and excellent facilities. The staff were really welcoming, enthusiastic and helpful. Upon our arrival they sat us down and gave us heaps of information, they also helped book our transport and pickups for our next place. On our last night they organized a BBQ for everyone which ended in a pub crawl which is always fun. They also have a really cute dog! Cheers was recommended to us and we are happy to do the same!

• 20th Jun 2015

Great welcome, staff was really helpful and sweet. Perfect perfect perfect location...everything within walking distance!!

All round great staff and place

• 18th Jun 2015

Great place in a great location. All the staff were so nice and helpful, had a real family feel to the hostel. Will definitely recommend for friends and stay there again

We had an amazing time in Istanbul and much of it was due to Cheers Hostel! Looking forward to going back there!

• 16th Jun 2015

This is one the hostel with the friendliest staff that takes really good care of their guests! It is very well located and has the best view from the rooftop terrace. I liked the hostel so much that I decided to stay there again when I return to Istanbul in 2 weeks and I will keep on returning whenever I am lucky enough to visit Istanbul in the near future. The free breakfast in the morning was also very convenient and tasty. Thank you so much for a wonderful time at your hostel.

Very good hostel with very nice staff. Only problem is that the rooms are without keys and the lockers do not fill big bags, but we did not feel any problems of security. Wifi in the rooms and public areas.

Staff were awesome! Location was brilliant. The vibe at Cheers was really fun, but relaxed.

• 13th Jun 2015

We loved staying at Cheers! The location is amazing and the staff are even better. The rooms are huge and always clean with free lockers provided. Great value for money, as everything is within a short walking distance. We will definitely stay there again!

Best free breakfast ever!! An amazing pub crawl led by Ahmet! He kept us all together and safe! Took us to 3 great clubs all for free! With a cheap bus caravan from the hostel! I can't speak enough about how much we loved our stay at cheers! The friends we have made will forever be in our hearts! They set us up with an incredible Bosporus boat cruise tour! U can't miss this!! And the location is perfect!! We felt very safe! Great restaurants and shopping and site seeing! We will be back!

• 12th Jun 2015

This is a very good hostel in an excellent central location on the Sultanahamet district. The rooms are fine for the price. I in fact ended up in a double bed in a shared dominatory which was a nice surprise as I had only booked a single. The staff are extremely friendly and integrate with the guests. This gives you a great chance to get to know them and get tips from them. There is a bar on the third floor which is great for meeting people and they also arrange barbecues and pub crawls.

• 11th Jun 2015

Absolutely amazing hostel! I highly recommend if you're looking for a place to stay in Istanbul. great location, clean facilities, fantastic atmosphere and the friendliest staff who were always there to help you out and make sure that you were having a great time! Thank you to you all!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. So glad I chose Cheers Hostel as my first stop for this trip. Ahmet, Tarik, Sinan, Nury, Olga and all the others running the place were always super friendly and showed me around + took us out to a lot of local places I never would've known, this was especially great as it's my first solo trip. Also make sure you are there for Ahmet's famous Saturday pub crawl! Met a ton of lifelong friends here and was very sad to leave. Will definitely be back again!

Excellent hostel. Had a fantastic time, staff were extremely helpful, and provided great suggestions on where to go around the city. Rooms were large and uncrowded, with one bathroom per room. Rooftop bar was a great place to hang out, with a great view of Aya Sofia. Overall fantastic stay, will come back again

Fantastic hostel 2min walk from the best sights in Istanbul. The staff were amazing and very friendly. I would definitely go back to cheers on my next trip to Istanbul.

The best hostel I've ever been to. Great location, wonderful staff, amazing people. I can't speak highly enough about the place. I'll be coming back here in September and can't wait for my next stay. Thanks Cheers!!!

• 10th Jun 2015