Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Great place to stay, nice bar, great views of Hagia Sofia.. Beds are Cindy, the breakfast was the best I've had on my trip, and the staff go above and beyond to make your stay awesome, they basically bows everything for me, I didn't have to lift a finger! The pub crawl was a lot of fun too! Cheers!!

it is a really good place i highly recommend this place it has a good location just few minutes walk to the blue mousique and the chuch as well as the undergroud city the staffs there are really friendly and nice the room is clean and comfy good place if you want to stay in Istanbul

very good location; very nice staff; very nice breakfast;(lots of fruits); very nice room: reasonable prices; highly recommend;

The bathroom could use an overhaul. Not good enough for a room in this category.

• 10th Jul 2014

Great hostel in a great location. The staff were amazing, so helpful and welcoming. İ would recommend the hostel to anyone comıng to Istanbul. Im a solo female traveller and I felt so safe and welcomed here. It has a great atmosphere and ıs a great way to meet people as they have such a frıendly envıronment. I wıll stay here agaın ıf I come back to Istanbul, ıt has been a real hıghlıght of my trıp.

• 9th Jul 2014

The staff are INCREDIBLE!! Will go to no ends to help you. Best staff I have eever had to deal with and I have traveled quite a bit! No locks on dorm room doors is annoying but lockers in rooms is good. Great location. Pub crawls and all world cup games organised. Everything was cleaned everyday so NO bed bugs :D would come here everytime im in Istanbul. .. for dorms or as a couple. Love ya Tony and co!

I had a fantastic welcome into Turkey at cheers. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to stay. The location was fantastic and the staff were immensely friendly and helpful. I'm going to miss sitting out in the garden and talking with friends! Best wishes to the whole Cheers crew!

• 9th Jul 2014

This is a great hostel!!! Cute, fun, perfect location with the most amazing view from the roof top bar area. All the staff were fantastic and the hostel has a great travellers vibe. As I was travelling alone and I found it great to meet people, and the hostel offered group nights out, which were really fun and showed the great night life of Istanbul, even during ramadan. I was really happy with everything and would recommend this hostel to anyone!!!!!!!!!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Tony ,the host, is a very helpful and entertaining guy. Place and staff friendly. Tony helped make bookings for us and was very obliging. Would stay there again.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

We had a prívate double room for 4 nights. The room was only cleaned once and only because I requested it. There were hairs all over the sink. Also on our first day they called somebody to sell us a trip to Capadocia and Pamukale. The trip they offered was more expensive and they even lied to us saying that There was only one bus from capadocia to pamukale and if we didn't buy the tour with them we would be unable to get a bus ticket! Big lie since there were several buses to pamukale

The location couldn't be any closer to the attractions - it's wonderful! The staff was friendly and fun (my new best friend Tony)! They have a lovely dog I made friends with.. And the breakfast is delicious :). I wouldn't reccommend anywhere else!! Cheers is simply the best :).

• 1st Jul 2014

We loved our stay at Cheers! The hostel is close to all the places of interest..Its clean and the best part is the people..very friendly, very helpful. We travelled all over Turkey for 14 days but so far our best stay was in Cheers Hostel in Istanbul..and would love to come back again. The breakfast is super good and loved all the variety we had..and how can I forget Tarik..who welcomed us with a smile and made us feel so at ease !! Thank you Tarik for our memorable stay in Cheers Hostel :)

I've stayed at countless hostels around the world and this is easily my favorite! The location is fantastic, including a rooftop bar with a stunning view of Hagia Sofia. The staff is great - especially Tony, who makes you feel right at home (and leads great pub crawls!). Breakfast (included!) is hearty. It's safe and clean. Honestly, I don't know how it could be any better. Stay at Cheers. You won't regret it.

• 30th Jun 2014

We had a great time staying at Cheers. The location was ideal as we could easily walk to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. From the hostel bar, there's a beautiful view of Hagia Sofia too. The staff went out of their way to be hospitable and kind to us. Tony helped arrange a Bosphorous boat cruise, helped us with planning day trips, taking ferries, etc, even helped us with shopping and bargaining. In addition to having a great stay at the hostel, we left with new friends which is always awesome.

• 29th Jun 2014

Clean, fun and friendly Hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great place to stay! Walking distance to all the sights that you wanted to see (blue mosque, grand bazaar, spice market, etc.). The staff are all phenomenal, Tony welcomed me and gave me directions to sights and places to eat every day! Plus you can relax with everyone from the hostel, at night in the bar upstairs. Highly recommend!

• 28th Jun 2014

It is really good hostel! It's close to the must see places just 2 mins walk.(coollllll) The staff are really friendly and helpful. I really love the breakfast(many fruits)with Turkish coffee/tea and the room is real nice, I can feel the fresh air and the bed is comfortable. I really enjoyed staying here and I wish I could stay longer! :D

Great boutique hostel with the best staff you will find. Tony, Tarek and all the guys will make you feel at home. Location is close to blue mosque and topkapi palace. Perfect for solo travellers. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Had an amazing time here. Wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• 27th Jun 2014

My first time in Istanbul and choose this place based on what i read here on Hostelworld and it lived up to the great reviews! Perfect location in the old part of town, all the main attractions are within 5 min walk , and has the coolest rooftop terrace with a perfect view of Hajia Sophia, loved exploring the city every night and kicking back on the rooftop bar every night with the coolest bartender and sharing stories. The staff are awesome, and go out of their way to make sure happy!

• 26th Jun 2014

It was my first time traveling alone since my travel partner got called away for work so I was a bit nervous as a first time hostel staying lone female traveler. As soon as I arrived to Cheers Hostel, I realized I had been worrying for nothing! Both staff and guests were super friendly. Staff was always there and went above and beyond to assist you in your every need or want and felt more like friends than staff. I went on a side trip and decided to come back for my last night in Istanbul!

• 26th Jun 2014