Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

It's good place to stay with really good location. And staffs are very helpfull. The price is reasonable.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

This is HANDS DOWN the best hostel I've stayed at. The staff make you feel like family the minute you walk in the door, and make sure you have everything you need at all times (even if it's as simple as a cup of apple tea when you come in after a cold day). Everything functions perfectly, and is clean. The location is absolutely perfect for touristing, but really, the best part of this hostel are the amazing, incredible people that run it and the people it attracts. Don't stay anywhere else!

I've stayed at a lot of hostels in my time and Cheers is easily at the top. Everyone that works here is incredible from the cleaning crew to the night receptionist. Cheers has the best hostel breakfast i've ever had. Incredible location, you won't ever have to go very far. And to say that fun times can be had at the bar is quite the understatement. My home in Istanbul.

Absolutely LOVED this place. The staff is amazing, always ready to help you, and they know everyone by their names, what makes you feel welcomed! I got the 10 bed dorm, which was very spacious and clean. The shower is good and the breakfast is perfect! Make sure you hit the bar upstairs for a nice view and a great time. Ask Olga for food recommendation, the girl knows it!! Overall, had the greatest time there. I'll most defenately come back and recommend it to everyone!

Everyone one is great at cheers hostel. Really helpful. Faculties are really clean and location is perfect

• 21st Dec 2014

Great hostel. One of the best I have been to lately. Staff is awesome. Location can't be beaten. I would definitely recommend it.

I recommend very much the cheers hostel. Staff is excellent, couldn't be better! Ahmed, Olga, Tariq, Issa? If you are travelling alone or not is a very good place to know people. They have two "social" areas, the reception and the bar, after minutes sitted in one of them you be already in a conversation with someone from a different part of the world. The hostel is a bit noisy in the upper floors, if you don't like nightlife maybe is not your place, but if you like, don't think twice!

• 20th Dec 2014

İt is a very nice hostel. I think the location is excellent, right next to the main turistic places, and the staff was very helpfull and always interested in your needs.

Great staff, very helpful.. Totally recommend it.

This was my first hostel experience, and with cheers, it couldn't have been better. The place is very clean, the staff is the best, and the bar on the roof along with the view of the Hagia Sophia is awesome!

• Mexico

The best hostel in Istanbul :) Everything is awesome!! All the staffs are just excellent and super nice!! I love here so much!! I would love to stay again if I go Istanbul next time. Highly recommend you all to stay cheers hostel if you are going to travel Istanbul. You will never regret.

• Hong Kong

This is the best place to stay in Istanbul! It has all your usual hostel needs and the staff is super friendly and helpful at all hours of the night. It feels like a family and you get to know the staff and the other hostelers. It's a few minutes walking from Hagia sofia, Blue Mosque and all the other sites. Breakfast is great, have the apple tea! Ahmet took us on an awesome pub crawl to Taksim and made sure everyone was having fun and safe. Also make sure you go to the bar upstairs!

• 19th Dec 2014

Excellent staff and location. The breakfast is great with tea and coffee. Its like a home away from home. I had the most amazing stay at Cheers Hostel and will be back again, thankyou Cheers team :)

AMAZING staff- Olga was very patient with all of our questions, and always provided helpful and good advice. We had a private room, which was not connected to the main building, but we still came by for breakfast each morning (which was great) and were able to enjoy the bar and rooftop terrace too. The location is perfect, within walking distance to all of the main sights. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!

Staff was nice and there is a rooftop bar which appears like it could be great. We were only there for one night and there was not much activity up there and it was in the off season. I could see this being an awesome place to stay when the hostel is full. Location is excellent for sightseeing and main tourist attractions. Also the breakfast is a good touch. Overall great staff and easy to meet other travelers.

Cheers Hostel has to be the best Istanbul has to offer! Centrally located within a 2 minute walk to Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern. Also 10 minute walk from the Bosphorus and Spice Bazaar. The staff are amazing and friendly from Ahmet, Olga and everyone else. My stay was amazing for the first three nights and I am returning for a 4th night once I complete my travels throughout Turkey and return to Istanbul for a day. Thank You Cheers hostel for a fantastic experience!

A lovely hostel in the middle of Sultanahmet with an awesome view on the Aya Sophia. Already been here twice and every time the breakfast was very good and the service was very helpful, friendly and warm. I would recommend this to everybody and next time i'm in Istanbul I would choose this again.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Cheers is my Istanbul home. The staff and the house dog, Zaman, are some of the best people I've met. Not only did they have a wonderful place to rest my head after a busy day and long flights but the organizationed my airport drop off and pick ups and gave me some good trips. Can't wait to go back. This place is especially great for solo women travelers!!!

• 12th Dec 2014

Staying at the Cheers Hostel was like staying with family. Warm and inviting with an excellent breakfast. And at times, I was even offered a home cooked meal. Very close to all the major sights in the old town district, I'd highly recommend staying here to other travelers.

Honestly guys this hostel is RAD! The bar has the greatest views of İstanbul and is the perfect place to meet other travelers. Staff are warm, friendly and helpful; all with exceptional English to help us Aussie, American or British get to know this wonderful town. İ highly recommend. P.s. Ahmet is the man...Tariq is also the man.