Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Best hostel I've ever been to!!! Zeman even spices up my stay here. Such an adorable dog - no wonder it's the celebrity of Turkey!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • China

The facilities were clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and had a family atmosphere especially with Zaman. Ahmet, sinan, and Olga were all very nice and welcoming.

Staff here are really friendly and they treat you like family. I remember getting into a few problems in the 1st night Here in istanbul but they really helped me out. Hostel is cozy and really colorful And its near the places of interest. Therefore easy access by foot. And Zaman, the hostel dog, is such a joy! Friendly dog. Love him to the max! I'll recommend this hostel if you come to istanbul

Really great place with super friendly staff.

Cheers Hostel is the perfect place to stay in Sultanahmet. It's close to all tourist attractions and there are many restaurants in walking distance. The staff (Tarik, Sinan, Ahmet & Olga) at Cheers are amazing and really make you feel welcomed and at home. They are always there to help and give good advice on what to do while in Istanbul. The rooftop bar has an amazing view of Hagia Sophia and is a great place to meet other travelers over a beer. Will stay again next time I'm in Istanbul.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

Really good place to stay! If I go Istanbul again, I will choose cheers! Everything is perfect!

Facilities are all good, bathrooms are clean, beds comfy and warm. Location is excellent, very short walk to all major attractions of Istanbul and also close to tram station. What really makes the hostel amazing is the staff. Tarik and the other employees constantly go out of their way to make sure everyone is having a great time. The hostel has a real family feel and everyone is as super helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend cheers and will hopefully go back one day

I originally picked this hostel because of its upstairs lounge and view, and I'm so glad I did! It really has the best atmosphere for meeting people and making friends, whether you are hanging out downstairs or upstairs. And all the staff are friendly and helpful! Really, I can't imagine my trip having been as good had I stayed anywhere else!

• 9th Mar 2015

Well, it was simply one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in (and I have been to a lot of hostels!). Staff was helpful and rooms were clean. I loved that staff already put clean sheets on the bed (I was really tired when I arrived)!!! And if you haven't met Zaman yet, the best Golden Retriever in the world (hostel dog), then you should definitely go there. ;)

• 9th Mar 2015

Staying at Cheers Hostel felt just like being at home with my family and friends .. This place is great in all aspects .. The best staff I've ever seen ( I've seen my fair share ) .. I loved the atmosphere there . Felt very cozy . And the Zaman the dog .. Olga was An absolute delight . Whenever I'm sitting she would offer me the best apple tea ever .. At the end I extended my stay . Just because I wanted to spend more time at the hostel ..

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Bahrain

This is the best Hostel ever!! It is really central and the staff was amazing!!! We just loved to hang out with them because all of them were so friendly and always in a good mood. We also liked our room (it was clean and quite big) and breakfast. My friend and i really loved the bar upstairs and stayed there every night! It was in incredible:) I would consider to come to Istanbul again, and stay here for much longer time! Ahmet was awesome and Selim too funny! We really loved everyone!

• 5th Mar 2015

Awesome hostel! Extremely friendly staff! Very well located!!

Cheers hostel is fantastic! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is unbeatable. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly and made me feel like I was at home. There is even an adorable golden retriever that hangs out in the common areas! I highly recommend Cheers!

• 4th Mar 2015

I loved staying at Cheers Hostel! The friendly staff and having a bar on the top floor made it so much fun and it's one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The location was ideal and the breakfasts were good too. The water pressure in the shower was a bit weak but it's a minor issue because everyone had such a great time. Thanks to Tarik, Olga and all the crew at Cheers.

Great hostel, would recommend to anyone. This place has a great atmosphere and the staff are the best.

Stayed in Istanbul for a week and the staff and people at Cheers were a big part of a great experience! Great atmosphere and verz friendlz and helpful staff. Recommended!

Very very nice. Recommend to everyone who would stay in Istanbul.

The staff were WONDERFUL and treated us as friends. They really took an interest in us and were extremely helpful. Not to mention the free coffee and tea whenever we wanted it! The rooms were lovely and there was a lot of great space to relax.

• 28th Feb 2015

Loved Cheers! I've never had such friendly and helpful staff at a hostel before- everyone knew me by face and name which was so nice! Nice vibe with a bar and barman who definitely is keen to facilitate a drink or five. My one and only criticism is that the bathroom smells pretty funky, but if you can get around that you'll be very happy! Big thanks to all staff!!

Great hostel. The value for money and location were the reasons I booked with Cheers, but it was the staff who made it such a great place. Very relaxed and friendly place and the bar upstairs is brilliant. I will definitely be returning to Cheers for a few nights of warm welcomes and cold Efes.

• 27th Feb 2015