Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers Hostel was definitely one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at. The staff is extremely hospitable and friendly that you feel right at home. It is in a wonderful location and feels completely safe. I would go back to Istanbul just to stay at Cheers Hostel again :)

• 12th Feb 2015

It felt like being home. We arrived and Olga asked our names, offered tea and gave us a tour through the four floors. Every staff knows your name and will offer a hot (and free!) beverage when they see you coming back from the cold, and will encorage you to join the group at the terrace every night for a beer. Whenever we needed directions/recomendations they were more than willing to help. Our room was spacious and I think it was the best bed I've ever had at a hostel. Im definitely coming back

• 10th Feb 2015
  • mergarciac
  • Argentina

This hostel made my trip to Istanbul phenomenal. I will definitely be coming back to this hostel and will recommend to everyone. If you want to have a great time then come here! The staff members (including Onur, Olga, Ahmet, Tarik, Selim, and many more!!) are amazing at what they do and are exceptionally accommodating. They did a great bbq and pubcrawl that was great fun! I never usually write reviews for hostels but I had to for this one because of how impressed I am. Thanks.

i recommend this hostel. good atmosphere, very friendly stuff, great location. stuff here are always willing to welcome you and help with everything. what impressed me most is when i travelled back to istanbul again. i arrived in the morning and will take flight at night. they welcome me home warmly and allow me to put my bag there and wait until night without any charge. i really appreciate it. i will surely come back if i come to turkey again.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • China

Cheers is an awesome hostel, I strongly recommend it! It's very centrally located, nice and clean with a bar on the top level which makes it easy to meet other travellers. Olga, Tarik, Ahmet and the rest of the cheers family that work there are amazing! Incredibly friendly and helpful! The bar crawl on the friday night that Ahmet ran was also lots of fun! Cheers hostel makes you feel at home and really helped make my stay in Istanbul a great one. I would 100% stay there again. Thanks guys!

• 8th Feb 2015

Lovely hostel located in the Sultanahmet area in walking distance of all the major attractions of the city. Rooms and bathroom facilities were very clean and the upper floor bar is a great place to hang out with other guests. Big thank you to Tarek and his staff for the help and their hospitality! I definitely stay there again on my next visit to Istanbul.

I had a wonderful time in the hostel, the people working there are amazing and you feel like being home. I'm sure I'm gonna be back again just to visit them. The breakfast is really good, the beds really confortable, the location is perfect, showers and bathrooms also are ok and the bar upstairs is great. I just loved my stay and I have to thank over all to Olga's advice and hospitality, she is so lovely and one of the best persons I've ever met. Moreover they do a delicious apple tea, don't mi

Perfect Hostel : located very close from all the important monuments, crew is simply the best, very clean... I recommend it to everyone.

• 7th Feb 2015

I loved my stay here and I forget his name-but the young guy with black hair who worked at the front desk was very helpful and nice even at early hours in the morning. Thanks for making me tea!! It was delicious. I had trouble getting to the hostel upon my arrival at Gulhane tram station and upon returning home at night from Gulhane tram station. I was so close, but I was not exactly sure where it was.

• 7th Feb 2015

Definitely one of the best hostels I've been to. And I have had a few. Istanbul is amazing but this place made it sooo much better! Amazing atmosphere, great facilities and above all super helpful and great staff!! Totally recommend this to enhance your Istanbul experience!

Great hostel in pretty much the perfect location. Very helpful and welcoming staff, without exception. Would happily stay here again. Thanks to all at Cheers

Highly recommended The biggest selling point is the staff, who are all extremely friendly and approachable. They were all willing to go out of their way to give travel tips, organise transport, answer queries etc. Gives the hostel a cool vibe and a very fun atmosphere. Most major attractions are within a few minutes of walking distance, the beds are very comfy and free of dodgy stains. Coming from NZ, only qualm is that people could smoke at the bar, but that is common everywhere in Istanbul.

The atmosphere in the hostel is great! Hospitality was also genuine and great!!! I would definitely come back to Cheers hostel, but here is why I cannot give a super good rating. I took a double room ensuite and for the price I was expecting something more: - The room was never done in the 4 nights that we stayed there - The water of the shower was either super-hot or super-cold - The toilet had no ventilation so all the smells got directly to the bed - I'm 1.96 and the bed is about 1.90

Best hostel I've stayed in!! Hot showers, fast wifi, delicious breakfast, comfortable beds, great people and atmosphere. Ahmet and other reception staff were lovely, and were available to help at all times with any problems.

This hostel is an Amazing hostel, the staff are incredibly helpful especially Olga, she goes out of her way to make you feel at home. The breakfast is great and the location of the hostel couldn't be better! Thank you for a great experience everyone!

Super friendly people, really close to major attractions! Highly recommended

• 2nd Feb 2015

I had a great time at Cheers Hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect. The hostel had a great atmosphere for socializing with the staff and meeting other travelers. I would definitely come back here.

I had a really good time in the hostel with great staff and a poster girl(Olga)! She attracts people like a magnet :) Nice location from Gulhane station to hostel and easy access to sightseeing places around sultanahmet can definitely make your stay awesome even in a short time. Thank you for your all sincere supports!!!

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Japan

These guys rock. The staff is super helpful, nice, and ready to do everything they can to help make your stay awesome. This place felt like a home away from home rather than a hostel. I'd love to come back durin the busy season to see it really crankin!

perfect!!!!