Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Friendly staff and amazing location!

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Very cosy, comfy place, great location, friendly stuff, but the best of this hostel is Zaman, amazing dog, I just love him))

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Actually my first hostel experience ever, so I waited a while to have some comparison before reviewing. The rooms are fine and average, but the dorm doors don't lock. The bathroom (on third floor) is nasty and moldy, hair everywhere, etc. The staff is really nice, but there seem to be some of their friends (other staff?) who are always hanging around. I stayed a week, which was too long and probably should've mixed it up somewhere else. Directions from the airport not very helpful. Great bar!

I much prefer the upstairs bunk room (girls only 6 beds) to the more crowded downstairs one. The owners are friendly and try to be helpful, but also kind of hovering. It was hard to get away. The breakfast is not tasty. But they offer delicious apple tea or coffee (complimentary!) anytime. It feels not dirty but not squeaky clean either. Good central location.

In the heart of the historical centre of Istanbul, good atmosphere, easy to meet people, great view from the top floor bar. Totally recommended

Staff goes above and beyond, location is great, breakfast was good, what more could you ask for?

As soon as I walked in the door, I felt at home with two new best friends, Olga and Tarik. I needs help with the rest of my Turkish itinerary and Olga walked me over to help plan and book it with her friend in the travel agency. The weather was quite cold but inside Onur, the owner, taught us backgammon and introduced new guests to make them feel welcome. Far above what the staff needs to do, but that's why it lives up to its name! My only suggestion would be to change the bathroom filter scent.

• 26th Jan 2014

The hostel is located in the center of the historical area All staff are very helpful and breakfast was great

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Excellent hostel with excellent staff. Tirrak, Olga and the gang will make you feel right at home in Istanbul. Great location for short and long term travellers. Staying here definitely made Turkey just that bit more special, as if it needed any help. Turkish breakfast is to die for and it's freshness will offset the likely large volume of kebab you'll eat. Definitely get some suggestions of food and nightlife away from Sultanhamet, they know their stuff. Fantastic view from the top bar!

Cheers is the place to be! My friends and I stayed for a week and didn't want to leave! It was absolutely amazing. Cheers has an incredible location in old town so we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go! It's also just around the corner from a metro stop that we used a few times. Tarik and the rest of the staff were super helpful! They gave great advice on things to do and see! We loved the hostel 100%. I'd stay again in a heartbeat! We felt very taken care of there. Many thanks!

• 18th Jan 2014

My friend Aaron and I had a great time! Our private room was clean and priced well. We enjoyed the bar and other travelers visiting Cheers. The location of the hostel, the view from the bar, and the friendliness of the staff will have me staying at Cheers again on my next trip to Istanbul.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Extremely comfortable. Good location for the old city and touristy sites. Staff go out of their way to make you feel at home.

We had an amazing time. Cheers hostel has a great location and the people are really nice.

• 13th Jan 2014

GREAT hostel, I've been there twice and it has always been a great place to stay. Very comfortable, well located, great staff. Excellent!

Loved my stay at Cheers!! The rooms are very clean and tidy, the breakfast was big and the coffee is the BEST!!!! I stayed in 4 different hostels while getting around Turkey and Cheers was definetely the nicest. The location is great, easy access to Tram and close enough to walk to most turistic places. The staff are more than friendly and helpful, I felt really sad when leaving! Recommend Cheers with no hesitation and would love to be back not only in Turkey and to Cheers!

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Colombia

Cheers Hostel has great Location, nice Staff, good free Breakfast, wifi works ok, beautiful view from the bar upstairs :) Really nothing to complain...

No complaints really, it's all there; nice bar on the top floor, good location, breakfast. It didn't literally set my life on fire, nor did it metaphorically, but that's partly because I left feeling slightly aggrieved with myself for not asking for one night's money back after making a mistake with dates. But if I complained about every failure on my part, I'd be complaining an awful lot. For example, I also didn't say good morning to a lady the other day, because she surprised me, you know.

Execelent location, near at the most beatiful places in sultahnamet, you can ask for the service to pick up at the airport, and others services. The staff is are realy nice, and helpfull to make easy your travel arround turkey and stambul as well. Highly recommend! :)

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Highly recommend this hostel! Great atmosphere, staff are very helpful and friendly, amazing location close to all the main attractions. I absolutely loved my stay at Cheers and will definitely return. Special thanks to Tarik who helped make our Istanbul trip memorable, best manager!!!

Very good place! Perfect location (but I strongly reccomend mark it on the map if you you want to get it by public transport or taxi becouse it is on the small street and not so easy to find it and taxi drivers also don't know where is it). Good personal, clean rooms, nice bar with good view.