Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Minutes away from tourist sights and just a short 10 minute walk from Gulhane station. Really cosy bed, lockers in every room for valuables, although the room doesn't have a lock, staff are aware of who's around. Lounge/Breakfast area is warm and great for a chat with people. They also have a dog named Zaman who is the best hostel buddy ever. Awesome bunch of staff who run the place too, I will definitely be back for a visit. You guys all have to pay this place a visit! Worth it.

Most friendly staff, very helpful with everything and they also own a super adorable dog!! Within walking distances to Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque etc. you can pretty much walk to anywhere from Cheers! wifi works throughout the hostel. Breakfast is included and you can get coffee or tea anytime. Had no problems with staying on the third floor (right under the rooftop bar) from mon-fri, but probably request for the 10 per dorm (it's on the ground floor) if you're staying the weekend!

The perfect place for single travellers. It's cozy, clean and the staff is just awesome. Don't miss out on the rooftop bar!

• 6th Apr 2015

Excellent location for main tourist sites. Excellent staff especially overnight when we had a few very early morning starts they made us hot drinks and liaised with tours/scheduled pick ups. We enjoyed our stay here.

• 5th Apr 2015

Best location you could possibly ask for. Not in the nightlife district of Istanbul, but do have a great bar where you can easily meet people. Staff is incredibly helpful and they have a great free breakfast.

The staff were super friendly and the room was very clean and had lots of character. The bar on the top floor made sure we made lots of new friends.

Perfect - had a great trip!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Great Stay !

• 2nd Apr 2015

I traveled alone in Istanbul over the Easter break and cheers hostel was fantastic. The location is amazing and right between two metro stops. You can walk to all the touristy stuff in under 5 minutes. The staff were very friendly and helpful and even knew most of the guests by name. The hostel bar has an amazing view, cheap beer and the breakfast was awesome. The bathrooms were very clean and they provide bedding and a towel. I would definitely stay here again.

• 1st Apr 2015

I had great time in cheers hostel. The staff ıs very friendly and they make you feel at home. The location is perfect, about 5 minutes to hagia sofia and blue mosque.

Perfect location with views of the Aya Sophia and fantastic staff that make everyone feel welcome. Turkish breakfast is provided to guests, as well as free flowing tea and coffee. It drew a really friendly crowd and can't wait to come back

I left my luggage here while I did a trip to Greece and it was not stolen, but they don't have lockers which is a minus. I literally just left it in a corner with a bunch of other bags. they have an adorable dog!

• 30th Mar 2015

Pros: all in all, great hostel, kind and helpful staff, awesome location, great base to relax in chaotic city, well-priced, cool people, clean Cons: biggest issue is lack of showers/bathrooms - a bit of a battle for them, also: seems secure but there are no keys to enter the front door or rooms, did not bother me, but it is notable

Really great place and the staff is amazingly friendly. Not the comfiest beds but otherwise just a perfect place to stay. Great breakfast and location is unbeatable.

I am soo soo happy that I ended up staying at Cheers during my 5 days in Istanbul. It is one of the best hostels i ever stayed at. The staff is so friendly and helpful, the really feel like your family, I felt so welcome. The hostel is situated at a prime location right by hagia spohia, the blue moske, the palace, spice market.. its right in the centre of all the things you want to see. It is clean, comfy beds, wi-fi that works really well, great breakfast, great rooftoop bar, amazing ppl.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Very friendly personnel. It was my second time in Cheers Hostel Istanbul because the first time there was such a great succes!!! (Sink in the bathroom was coming from the wall) (there was no rack to put your clothes on in the bathroom)

• 28th Mar 2015

Cheers has been the best hostel I have stayed at so far. The rooms, location, breakfast, and upstairs bar were great, but it was the people that really put it over the top. They were so friendly and helpful, I really would consider them my friends :)

• 28th Mar 2015

The vibe here is AMAZING and I love the people, staff and facilities. Sinan is super awesome as well as Olga and Tarik. I am now back for a second time here and will never consider spending a night in Istanbul anywhere else but here at Cheers Hostel. Plus the beds are cozy, the shower is hot and the breakfast is delish! Highly Recommend Cheers for solo travelers and couples alike.

We booked an exclusive room which was in a separate building, a few minutes walk from the main building. All the cool stuff takes place in the main building but in bargain one get a better sleep at night. The staff of the hostel is amazing and super friendly and try every bit to make your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. The location is perfectly suited to cover all the major attractions on foot as well as real close to a tram stop. TIP: Best Apple Tea served in a Hostel

Cheers was great. The staff members were extremely friendly and knew our names by the end of the first day. They greeted us warmly every time we walked in. The location could not be any better, the view from the roof is incredible and the bar is a fun place to hang out and meet other guests. I really felt at home and would stay here again in a heartbeat!