Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers Hostel is exceptional for its good location (right in the centre, easy to get to via public transit), its very friendly and helpful staff, the generous and healthy Turkish breakfast they provide, the free wifi that works well, and their fun top-floor pub with a spectacular view of Hagia Sophia. The only problems might be that the bathrooms are a little cramped and aged and the pub might be a little noisy (although they seem to shut the music down well before midnight),

Thanks for a great stay. Homely atmosphere thanks to the wonderful staff and facilities. Really cannot fault you guys on anything... my expectations were exceeded.

• 15th Nov 2013

Awesome hostel! staff are amazing, breakfast is really good and included in the price. Best location, just down the road from sultanahmet. Bar upstairs very nice with reasonably priced drinks. Beds are really comfortable, nice clean shower and dorms are spacious with lockers for each bed. I stayed here three nights and the staff introduced me to a travel agent who booked a tailored trip around turkey for me for a very good price., would highly recommend this hostel!

main building (with dorm.) makes a much better impression than the additional building (with private rooms) on the opposite side of the street. Cleanliness especially of the bath was "average", but it might be different in the main building. First days were also very cold in the room (but here again: not in the main building...) Breakfast OK. Nice decoration of the main building. No Internet in the addiitional building. Positiv for the annexe: very quite :-)

I loved Cheers hostel. Great atmosphere and location, friendly helpful staff, tasty breakfast with lattes at your command. After 2 nights there at the start of my trip, and another 3 at the end, I left feeling like family. It was easy to meet people there, nice range of people. It was generally very quiet at night, though on one weekend night it was kind of loud 'til late on my floor....to be expected in this happening city. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 10th Nov 2013

This place was fantastic! Great staff, great location, great atmosphere. I arrived early in the morning via night bus and they even gave me a place to nap for awhile to recover. The upstairs bar has a great view of Hagia Sofia. And they give you free tea all day! I'd definitely recommend this place.

• 9th Nov 2013

Cheers was amazing! I even came back to stay for a second time before leaving Turkey. Great breakfast included, a rooftop bar with sweet views and super friendly and helpful staff. Tarek, Olga and the bar staff...legends!

Great ! Nice place, really cool staff, great location... I highly recommend this hostel !

I loved this hostel! Thank you :)

• 8th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Amazing!!!!!

• 8th Nov 2013

Excellent place.best location and views from the terrace. Staff very nice too

The hostel was great in every way!

This is one of the nicest hostels where i have stayed in my 6 week travel Great employees, music all day at the common room and a nice bar at the terrace with view to Haya Sophia The breakfast was also very good with almost everything that a turkish breakfast has to have

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Portugal

Hi Tarik. Thanks for helping me weigh my bag - it was 22.7kg at the airport check-in. The max is 23kg. Hehehe perfect!!

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Best hostelwe ever stayed at. Wonderful staff. Very attentive and helpful. Great location.

The atmosphere was great. The hostel staff is very friendly and kind. The location perfect, really close to the Hagia Sophia, and the kabatas station. There are many nice places to have dinner around the hostel. I will definitely come back the next time I am in Istanbul

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Peru

We had an absolutely wonderful time at Cheers, where we stayed at both the start and the end of our visit to Turkey. The hostel has very comfortable beds, a delicious breakfast, and a bar with one of the best views in Istanbul - but what really made it for us was the staff. They were beyond welcoming, even going so far as to cook a Thanksgiving dinner for us and our Canadian friends while we were there. If ever we're back in Istanbul, we won't stay anywhere else.

Tarik (the man who runs the place) was awesome!! Anything I needed he helped me find. The whole staff was friendly and always there to help. Good staff make a hostel experience wonderful, and this staff made my stay very memorable. Thanks guys keep up the good work :)

• 29th Oct 2013

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT :)!!!!!!!

The place is in the heart of the city where all touristic places around you. Tarik ,Olga and all the staff is very friendly and helpful. Also the price was reasonable for the accommodation and atmosphere in general. Thanks for the pleasant stay and if I come again will stay here again for sure.

• 29th Oct 2013