Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Loved everything about this hostel, and HIGHLY recommend staying here if you want to stay in Sultanahmet, near all of the most famous landmarks (Hagia Sofia, Grand Bazaar, etc.). The staff was warm, helpful and wonderful from the moment that I arrived from the airport, and I felt truly safe and taken care of the whole time that I was there. The room where I stayed was clean and cozy, and the hostel cafe/bar upstairs has a beautiful view of Hagia Sofia!

The staff is what makes this hostel stand out. When we came in, we were shown to our room, and then Olga made us each a cup of apple tea and told us all about Istanbul. Whenever we came in, we felt welcomed by whoever was in the lobby at the time, and there was never a shortage of tea! I would highly recommend this hostel.

Hostel has a great roof top view of the Aya Sofia. The bar upstairs is a great way to meet other people. The staff in the hostel are super friendly and breakfast buffet style is great. Free water, and tea is a bonus. I stayed here an additional two days rather than switch sides to either the Asian side, or across the river in the Galata area. Hostel is close to a lot of the major things to see and close to the tram and ATMs. There's a super cheapo place to eat nearby for 1 TL. Would stay again!

Great price, great location! You get what you pay for plus a little more

• 29th Nov 2014

Great location & atmosphere, with an amazing view of Hagia Sophia! The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Must try: their BBQ dinners and their bar!

A fantastic place to stay. The hostel facilities are top, the bar is monumental and the staff are kind and caring in each and every way... Ps. Olga is the man

Located right in the old city which means you are right by a lot of the main tourists spots like Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque! Atmosphere was great. It was easy to meet people downstairs to adventure with in the kitchen and at the upstairs bar. There is an with an amazing view of Hagia Sophia right outside the bar window. Staff was great. You can book a bus shuttle at the front desk to take you to any of the airports.

After careful consideration of all the reviews of various hostel I found cheers and hoped that if out met up to half of what the reviews said then it would be a great choice -- well cheers surpassed even the amazing reviews. The view from the rooftop bar is phenomenal. The location is perfect for seeing all the key sights or easily jumping on public trans. The staff is the best part though - they are some of the friendliest and most helpful people I have ever interacted at with at a hostel!!

Been travelling around Europe for the past three months and this was my best experience in a hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful with everything we asked - they went so far as to give us tips on how to not get ripped off by taxi drivers. The atmosphere was very much like a home and it was very refreshing to have that experience.

7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next » last »