Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers Hostel is an amazing hostel. The bar has a nice atmosphere, even though is not that cheap. Dorm rooms are quite confortable and usually spacious. If you are a light sleeper, be sure to ask not to sleep on the dorm that is just under the bar. Breakfast is fresh and you can eat as you want. ...Last but certainly not least: the STAFF is amazing: thanks guys for making it so friendly-homey.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

This hostel is great, the atmosphere is awesome and the staff is really kind and friendly. Next time in istambul i'm going back to cheers :)

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

This is probably one of the best hostels in Istanbul if not the best, but it doesn't necessarily compare to the best hostels in other parts of Europe. The location is great but the directions to the hostel are totally lacking - I spent 20 minutes trying to find it when I was only 2 minutes away because they don't provide directions from the tram station. Overall though, I would recommend staying there.

The cheers hostel is amazing! I absolutely loved my time there and really feel I made friends with the staff at the hostel. They were not only friendly, but really kind, helpful, sweet and fun! Olga and Ahmet are incredible! Olga .. I miss you already very much!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Such a friendly hostel. Really chill staff. Location was within minutes from most the main sites in old town. Ahmet was such a legend, makes you feel really at home. Had a great time here, highly recommended. See you guys soon!

Best hostel ever. People are so nice and knowledgeable. They showed me their favorite spots, all the insider tips to really enjoy Istanbul. I would love to go back again soon! Also their bar has an amazing view of the Hagia Sofia.

• 25th Jan 2015

Great location. Awesome atmosphere and friendly staff especially Sinan who helped us a lot. Thanks for buying us orange juice and guiding us around in grand baazar!! Definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • India

Lovely hostel! It's one of the best of sure!(I've been travelling around Europe for 10 month and stayed a lot of hostels.) Especially, steffs are the best ever! Funny and cool guy Ahmet, he always try to help guest with all his best. Olga is very helpful and friendly too. If I come back to Istanbul, I'll definately stay at this hostel again!

This Hostel is a true Gem the staff were awesome the Location was perfect the breakfast was good and was the standard feed for Turkey . The hostel even offered a great cook up for a small charge on one of the nights. Fun chilled Bar on the roof and once again fun chilled staff they even have a hostel dog super friendly possibly part Lab this really is a great one to find

The hostel is amazing! I had the best time there, the staff is really friendly the location is perfect and the rooftop is really nice!

We are an American couple who stayed at Cheers Hostel for three nights in January 2015. We read tons of positive reviews about Cheers, so we expected it to be nice--and was it ever! It boasts spotlessly clean facilities, affordable rates, and a management team that feels more like friends than staff members. The lobby has a congenial vibe and the upstairs bar is a great place to unwind after a long day of walking. Tarik, Olga, Ahmet, Nouri, and the entire Cheers family -- thank you! - Teke & Ann

• 21st Jan 2015

Olga is suuuch a legend!! Never let her go!

I enjoyed my stay at Cheers Hostel. Olga was very hospitable and helped me with recommendations on where to visit in Istanbul. The social atmosphere was great! I met some interesting people at this hostel and would stay here again when in Istanbul! My only concern was the security since people were coming in and out of the hostel frequently and I am not sure they were actually guests.

I had a great time, and the staff had helpful suggestions and even a charger to borrow when I needed one. They also provide some group activities on weekend evenings, which is a nice option to have.

• 16th Jan 2015

Fantastic Staff and amazing roof top bar!

What an excellent stay at Cheers Hostel in Istanbul. Right in the heart of the Sultanahmet, Cheers Hostel offers convenience to all the touristy hot spots including Blue Mosque and the Basillica Cistern. Our room was upgraded free of charge due to a leaky roof which showed how hospital the staff were when we told them about the problem. We were happy with a bucket but they insisted we take the upgrade. The staff were welcoming and extremely helpful. Would stay again! Cute dog also!

• 11th Jan 2015

Great place, the staff was always very friendly and helpful. We actually got a better room than the one we had booked for the same price because we were in 3 people and, at the time, the hostel was not fully booked so they put us in a private room! It is really near the tram line and most touristic places. Would definitely stay there again. The breakfast was also very good.

Confortable hostel, very well located. The 2 guys who work there were very helpful. Could be more plugs on the room.

This hostel has the most accomodating and hospitable staff. We arrived early in the morning to a very cold istanbul, and as soon as we walked in the doors of cheers we were given tea, breakfast and advice about Istanbul. Olga patiently sat down with us and answered everything we wanted to know about town, and Huseyin (the hostels travel guy) organised our entire trip around turkey. We have just finished this, and it was perfect. Thankyou cheers for making our trip incredible!

We liked it very much, the Cheers Hostel and its friendly staff! We felt very very well!!

• 9th Jan 2015