Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

30 to 40 minutes walk to Taksin place , the place is quite good and quiet at night ... One should be aware that prices around about food are at least double price than Taksin area ! The staff is mostly nice and the place is clean... If you like clubbing stay next to Taksin , if you want to explore the city you can stay here or around. The only downside are bedding as I could feel springs !!! So , don't be too heavy or lose weight before booking :) :) :).

This hostel is fantastic!! Starting with the breakfast, which includes eggs and other great things, to the bar upstairs, and the rooms being very clean and comfortable. Olga is very helpful so definitely look for her. It's close to everything around Old Town.

very nice hostel friendly staff and cool place! we had a great time!

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

Be careful With the staff ... They always try to sell ... They have a markup ;-)

Great place to stay if you want to be close to Topkapi/Blue Mosque/Sofia, etc. Stayed a few days there and a few days closer to Taksim in Beyoğlu. Would recommend you do the same and split time to see more of the city (if you have the the time to do so). Very different vibes. But, this hostel has great staff and great facilities. If you're in the Sultanahmet, a great option.

The room was nice, the hostel is well located. The staff is ok but not super helpful. There was not much happening at the hostel, it was really quiet...

Make sure the staff give you money back is the right amount ! We made a payment in the morning without getting a receipt, when we came back in the evening another staff wasn't sure we'd already paid. Asking about the bus station, the staff directly took us to the travel agent around the corner persuading us to buy the air balloon tour together ! Hot water is very small at 8pm.

Great location, everything within walking distance. Clean. Staff were amazing. They organized a Canadian Thanksgiving for us, turkey included. Great upstairs bar with an amazing view. Solid turkish breakfast. Overall the vibe was awesome. If I come back to Istanbul I am staying here again.

when we arrived, the staff are friendly! but the location of the deluxe room was not at the same building and they are 3 streets away around 10 mins walking! we were disappointed and ask to change the room! the staff is very co-operative and we change to the main building as stated here! the room is good but a bit noisy due to the bar and common area in the same building. thanks

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

Great location, great staff, fantastic Canadian thanksgiving - average breakfast. But I was never up for it anyway ... Şerefe !

Staff was very responsive and they helped me to get some free soup and shampoo :) Also they helped me to make a last minute change in the shuttle schedule to get back to the airport (SAW) Rooms and bathrooms are clean and rooftop bar's view of Aya Sofia is INCREDIBLE!!! I totally recommend it

Great hostel. The 10 people room is perfect (called jungle). On the other hand, the 5 people one on the first floor is not that nice. The bar on top is cool and has a great view.

The location is very near sultanamed tram station only 100 m. Staffs are hospitality.

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Thailand

To be honest was my first time staying in a hostel and it was better than million 5stars hotel and all the grace for those lovelu staff tarek,selim,hassan,and the blond guy,and olda ,and the good welcoming humor that everybody embrace and ofcourse i did not forget the bigboss,i miss you guys and i wish all the best and the luck for you and hope to see you soon

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Lebanon

Wasn't able to use kitchen! Smoking was allowed in common room. Off duty Staff member was sleeping in common room. More of a family hostel and less of a backpackers hostel. Majority of guests were older than 35. Wifi didnt work in down stairs room. Lots of older people. Nice location and staff.

I would stay in Taksim or Kadikoy next time, much less harrassment from the men as a solo female traveller. Fine hostel, good breakfast. Pushy and slightly creepy men, will try and sign u up to tours, friendly enough but i didn't feel that comfortable. Was in a big dorm but not great atmosphere for meeting people due to the layout of the building. great spot in terms of walking distance to all the touristy things in Sultanahmet.

This hostel was overall quite good-very clean, the breakfast is lovely, the atmosphere is cozy and inviting, and I absolutely loved the big thick quilts that we had in the female dorm. The location is great as it is on a little alley and a bit away from the very touristy section. Olga was extremely friendly and helpful with questions, she's a gem, if you need anything ask her. Some other staff was quite unhelpful when it came to advising me, responding to everything with "I don't know."

• 8th Oct 2013

Really friendly staff and a great atmosphere. They really made you feel like part of their family. Didn't want to leave!

• 8th Oct 2013

Best located, yumi breakfast, nice staff and clean rooms. A good place to go.

the best hostel I have ever been to! I didn't expect that in Istanbul, I didn't want to leave hostel actually, nightlife can be hold here so well. the owner of place is such a crazy one! don't resist his suggestions about places to visit, you gotta have much fun! all stuff is helpful, Olga ''hookah manager" helped me to organize my trip around Turkey without spend much money, Tarik gave cool advice for Istanbul - these people know their work. Had no problems with facilities and location