Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Awesome hostel! Cannot be in a better location to see istanbul. Breakfast was very good and staff was even more friendly and helpful! Highly recommend!

the best hostel in the world! staff is quite nice.

Such a great hostel in the super location! Breakfast, I couldn't wait to get up to have this amazing fresh fruits and veggie and more.... yumm! And staffs r super friendly and helpful! Terek ( who you will see @ the reception ) has great reputation from not only travellers, but also from local business owners around the neighborhood! I planned to stay for 4nights,but I think I ended up staying for 10days. I guess this fact says it all.

Cheers hostel is truly amazing! I arrived early and was given breakfast, I was allowed to place my bag in the room before going out for the day (per check in time) and was able to spend time in the lounge after I've already checked out. Trail behind the counter was so helpful in making me feel welcome and with his information about Istanbul. Check out the terrace bar--great view!

A terrific base to explore Istanbul from, the guys here are super friendly and also run a great bar on the top floor. Highly Recommended.

• 11th May 2014

I called around 3am to set up my airport pickup around 7am, and I was amazed it worked! There was someone there to pick me up! Cheers was in the best location for sightseeing. Staff was friendly and helpful, Tarick always made you fell welcomed. Bar upstairs had a great view and was a nice place to sit and meet others. Bed was comfortable, with lockers in the room.

Cheers Hostel is very welcoming. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is ideally situated for visiting many tourist attractions including The Blue Mosque and The Haghia Sofia. A nice breakfast of fruit, bread and cheese is provided and included in the price of the room or dorm. There is a friendly terrace bar which overlooks the Haghia Sophia which looks stunning both in the day and the night.

• 9th May 2014
  • Wales

We LOVED our time at Cheers Hostel. The staff is so friendly we ended up knowing them by name. Tarik would always offer tea or snacks randomly and Selem up in the bar was the man and took us out after the hostel bar closed. Our room was a good size. Bathrooms are a little limited but it wasn't too much of an issue. Breakfast was included and was pretty good with fruits, veggies, cheese, bread, etc. View of Hagia Sofia right out the bar window. SICK! Quick walk to all the sites. Want to go back!

Best hostel i've been so far! Food is awesome for breakfast! Everything is clean and the staff is really great! I would recommend this to every traveller. For information, i'm 22 y/o

Great location – easy walk to light tram, restaurants and major sites. Staff was very warm and friendly. Our shared ‘Lemon Tree’ dorm room was large, clean, very comfortable and quiet. Simple but excellent continental breakfast buffet. Roof top terrace bar has great views of Haag Sophia….nice place to bring breakfast. Overall, felt very safe staying here – a gem of a hostel!. Only thing to make it more perfect – having swipe key lock/access on dorm doors ??

This is my 5.th stay in cheers Hostel and will be come back again. Very friendly Tarik. Thanks for ewerything. I Love Zaman, the lovely Dog from Cheers Hostel.

Nice hostel in the sultanahmet district of istanbul. Close to sophia hagia and the blue mosque. A tram station is close for trips to Beyoğlu. Everything is good. The hostel has a nice bar. Employees a very friendly and open. A nice dog stays at day and night looking out for the guests. I felt that the security could be improved as there was no lock preventing people to enter the dorm who do not stay there. However there was no such incident and a day and night there was an employee at the desk.

Cheers was literally the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The entire staff goes above and beyond to make sure you're comfortable and taken care of. They also offer priceless recommendations for the city and how to get around. The amazing breakfast and Zaman, the hostel dog, were also major highlights of my stay. Can't say enough good things about it. I'm definitely coming back for all my trips to Istanbul.

• 30th Apr 2014

Very nice hostel in a great location. Nice Staff, breakfast on the outside terace nice also. beautiful view from the rof bar. The owner also help us to sent back our camera I had forgot in the hostel room

• 30th Apr 2014

Amazing terrace and break area! The staff was very nice to us as our room got upgraded and they let us shower after checking out. Perfect location, great wifi reception and breakfast included. What more can I ask for a hostel?

I really enjoyed my time at Cheers Hostel, the staff is really friendly, the rooms are very nice and the location excellent! You can't ask for more.

• 27th Apr 2014

Hostel located at the centre of the old city of Sultanahmet, the blue mosque & the Hagia Sophia museum just right opposite where you can walk within 3 mins. The hostel staff was extremely friendly & fun, I remember his name Tarik. He was the funniest Turkish guy I met during my stay. He like to have jokes and of course hostel bed was perfectly clean & comfort. The best rooftop bar they have and you can meet with new friends. The bar just facing with Hagia Sophia museum. GORGEOUS, AMAZZZING!!

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Staff were very welcoming and helpful for our entire stay and rooms were big and comfortable. The rooftop bar was a highlight whether for a couple of drinks or a chill out in the afternoon looking over Hagia Sophia. Wonderful experience! I'll be back!

• 27th Apr 2014

Everything was excellent. Staff is very friendly. Beds are super comfortable!. İt is very well located in Sulthanamet area, very close to all mayor highlights

Great team, great hostel! We had a private room, which are in a separate building a few blocks up; not ideal for breakfast, but the location is great! Breakfast could maybe use an extra option like cereal/juice but overall we really enjoyed our time at Cheers! Many thanks to the team, especially Ahmed.

• 24th Apr 2014