Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers hostel is an epic hostel. Location is amazing, with the rooftop bar having amazing views of Hagia Sophia. The rooms are basically like hotel rooms, the free breakfast is fantastic and Tony and the rest of the lads all make you feel really welcome and organise events such as pub crawl etc. Definitely would recommend to anyone. Isaac

• 31st Jul 2014

Cheers is PHENOM! Ive been to & stayed in hostels all around Turkey and across Europe but Cheers by far has been the best. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, beds comfortable & the facilities clean (as described). Rooftop bar is a great to in relax after a long day. Lastly & most importantl, location is ON POINT, right next to Blue Mosque and in view of Hagia Sophia and other attractions (right on the tram line) CHEERS IS A MUST, I've stayed 4 times and WILL BE RETURNING!!

• 31st Jul 2014

We stayed at Cheers for a total of four nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The staff are fantastic and make you feel like you're best mates with them from the get go. We were lucky and got an upgrade on the second night we stayed there and then received a second upgrade the next night - can't ask for anything more than that!

I stayed at Cheers Hostel for 3 nights. The dorms were clean and had air conditioning. The shower on the second floor had good water pressure and the bathrooms were clean. The rooftop terrace/bar is great if you want to have some drinks or just sit and enjoy the view. The front courtyard is also great for hanging out and meeting other travellers. I was travelling alone and had no trouble meeting people - it's a very social hostel. The staff are extremely friendly and always good for a chat.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • grammiki

During our 6 weeks in Europe this was by far our favourite hostel. The staff are amazing, especially Tony, and they will help you with absolutely anything. They hooked us up with a travel agent who planned our weeks trip around Turkey at our very affordable price. Breakfast was delicious - lots of choice. Rooms and bathrooms are extremely clean, great night life on the rooftop bar. We arrived very early and they allowed us to check in early and were extremely welcoming. Also, amazing location.

We stayed in the separate 'cheers exclusive' part which we didn't know until we arrived, which was fantastic and like a hotel which suited us perfectly but it would have made it harder to make friends/enjoy a typical hostel experience. Overall wonderful!

Great place to stay at! Nice pubcrawl guys!

Best Hostel in the European side of Istanbul! The best thing is the staff, they are really kind and atentious. I highly recommend Cheers Hostel

very nice hostel with friendly staff. great view to hagia sofia on the terasse. cocktails, backgammon, barbecue nights... everything you need for a great experience in istanbul. thank you

This hostel was excellent!! The only bad thing was the fact that the rooms didn't lock, and the lockers are small. But you have the bar and the terrace in front where you can meet other travellers, the staff is really friendly and helpful, the location is just perfect for all the sight-seeing, it is very clean, the breakfast is AMAZING (so much fruit!), … I just had a great time at Cheers!! Would definitely go back!

Awesome hostel! delicious breakfast, lots to choose from. Perfect Location, 2 minutes walk to Blue Mosque and tram stops, 10 minutes walk from Grand Bazaar. Rooms and bathrooms cleaned, vacuumed and mopped everyday. Staff incredibly welcoming and helpful, when I lost my wallet they did everything they could to try and help me cancel cards, get money for dinner etc. Highly recommend!!

Location is brilliant, easy walking distance

• 21st Jul 2014

Great hostel with a fantastic barman. Loads of really interesting and friendly travellers- you can party but more to it than that. Really good base to explore an amazing city. Highly recommended.

I highly recommend this hostel. The location is awesome within walking distance to most of the main sights (blue mosque, grand bazaar). The staff couldn't be more helpful and Tony's pub crawl and BBQ night was awesome. The rooms are clean and with AC it's not too hot which is amazing given how hot Istanbul is.

Amazing! Epic view of the Sofia mosque, perfect location for seeing everything in old town, the staff were so friendly and always aiming to make your stay the best. Would recommend it to everyone and I'll defs be staying there whenever I go to Istanbul!

• 18th Jul 2014

Our time at cheers was awesome!! We were in a six person female dorm which was very large and clean. Our roommates were all nice and not loud. All of the receptionists were very friendly and super eager to help in any way. On our last night we had drinks at the rooftop bar with the receptionist Tony who was a lot of fun! I will absolutely stay at the hostel again, our stay was fantastic!

• 17th Jul 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff go , great position near all the sites, nice homely atmosphere and lovely breakfast taken out in the fresh air under the shady vines! Thank you out of their

Cheers hostel is incredible! The staff are extremely friendly and fun, Tarick was very helpful and made me feel very welcome and Tony (the rum lover) kept me entertained with his antics and inability to play chess. It was easy to meet people here with the bar and small dining area. . It is also close to all main attractions so you won't be disappointed at cheers. Overall I couldn't fault it, I am returning for another night after spending 2 weeks travelling around Turkey. Cheers

• 16th Jul 2014

Fantastic place in the heart of Old Istanbul. The staff here made my stay worth every minute. Very easy to get to, clean rooms, helpful staff and good atmosphere for a few beers atthe upstairs bar. All the guys made me feel welcome. I went traveling through Turkey and left my main luggage at the hostel. When I returned, it felt like coming home.

Glorious stay with lovely staff!!

• 12th Jul 2014