Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

We enjoyed the friendly and warm athmoshere at Cheers Hostel. For People, who don't need the comfort of a hotel, it is a simple but perfect alternative for a stay in Istanbul. Because of the quiet location in a narrow lane we slept well,the plentiful breakfast (among other things with turkish cheese, olives) made us fit for the day. Thanks to Tarik and his staff for their helpful tips!

• 27th Oct 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

One of the best hostels that I had ever stay. The location is awesome, just one block from the Ayasofia and with an amazing view of it from the rooftop. The staff if the best (thank you Tarik, Olga, Salim and all the rest of the staff for make me feel like home). If you're planing to go to Istanbul this is thee right place to stay, for sure I'll visit the hostet, and the great staff again.

This was the last hostel I stayed in on a seven-week trip. It was one of the best. You cannot beat the location. The Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque (and other sites) are within maybe 100 yards. I always appreciate it when the staff knows my name and greats me whenever I come in. I think that says a lot about the hostel. This hostel has the best breakfast by far of any place I stayed. No cornflakes or

This is a good hostel. Close to the major tourist area of the city and a tram stop, staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was quite nice.

The location is perfect for wandering to all the major sights or jumping on a tram. The hostel itself is excellent- staff amazing and helpful, facilities always clean and well presented. Beds and rooms were comfortable and perfect for single traveller. Best hostel I've stayed in!

Great location and really nice staff, very helpful and friendly!! There is a wonderful view from the hostel bar. A good place to stay.

Absolutely LOVED this hostel! Best of our 3 month trip. The host is always so welcoming and eager to help you out with whatever you need. Breakfast is prepared fresh daily and the rooms are spacious, clean and bright. Upstairs, the bar is awesome and has a great view of the Hagia Sofia!!! UNBELIEVABLE location just steps form the old town! Would stay here in a heartbeat! I MISS ISTABUL!!!

Great location, very friendly and helpful personnel. Unforgettable view from hostel bar.

• 19th Oct 2013

30 to 40 minutes walk to Taksin place , the place is quite good and quiet at night ... One should be aware that prices around about food are at least double price than Taksin area ! The staff is mostly nice and the place is clean... If you like clubbing stay next to Taksin , if you want to explore the city you can stay here or around. The only downside are bedding as I could feel springs !!! So , don't be too heavy or lose weight before booking :) :) :).

This hostel is fantastic!! Starting with the breakfast, which includes eggs and other great things, to the bar upstairs, and the rooms being very clean and comfortable. Olga is very helpful so definitely look for her. It's close to everything around Old Town.

very nice hostel friendly staff and cool place! we had a great time!

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

Be careful With the staff ... They always try to sell ... They have a markup ;-)

Great place to stay if you want to be close to Topkapi/Blue Mosque/Sofia, etc. Stayed a few days there and a few days closer to Taksim in Beyoğlu. Would recommend you do the same and split time to see more of the city (if you have the the time to do so). Very different vibes. But, this hostel has great staff and great facilities. If you're in the Sultanahmet, a great option.

The room was nice, the hostel is well located. The staff is ok but not super helpful. There was not much happening at the hostel, it was really quiet...

Make sure the staff give you money back is the right amount ! We made a payment in the morning without getting a receipt, when we came back in the evening another staff wasn't sure we'd already paid. Asking about the bus station, the staff directly took us to the travel agent around the corner persuading us to buy the air balloon tour together ! Hot water is very small at 8pm.

Great location, everything within walking distance. Clean. Staff were amazing. They organized a Canadian Thanksgiving for us, turkey included. Great upstairs bar with an amazing view. Solid turkish breakfast. Overall the vibe was awesome. If I come back to Istanbul I am staying here again.

when we arrived, the staff are friendly! but the location of the deluxe room was not at the same building and they are 3 streets away around 10 mins walking! we were disappointed and ask to change the room! the staff is very co-operative and we change to the main building as stated here! the room is good but a bit noisy due to the bar and common area in the same building. thanks

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

Great location, great staff, fantastic Canadian thanksgiving - average breakfast. But I was never up for it anyway ... Şerefe !

Staff was very responsive and they helped me to get some free soup and shampoo :) Also they helped me to make a last minute change in the shuttle schedule to get back to the airport (SAW) Rooms and bathrooms are clean and rooftop bar's view of Aya Sofia is INCREDIBLE!!! I totally recommend it

Great hostel. The 10 people room is perfect (called jungle). On the other hand, the 5 people one on the first floor is not that nice. The bar on top is cool and has a great view.