Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers Hostel has great Location, nice Staff, good free Breakfast, wifi works ok, beautiful view from the bar upstairs :) Really nothing to complain...

No complaints really, it's all there; nice bar on the top floor, good location, breakfast. It didn't literally set my life on fire, nor did it metaphorically, but that's partly because I left feeling slightly aggrieved with myself for not asking for one night's money back after making a mistake with dates. But if I complained about every failure on my part, I'd be complaining an awful lot. For example, I also didn't say good morning to a lady the other day, because she surprised me, you know.

Execelent location, near at the most beatiful places in sultahnamet, you can ask for the service to pick up at the airport, and others services. The staff is are realy nice, and helpfull to make easy your travel arround turkey and stambul as well. Highly recommend! :)

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Highly recommend this hostel! Great atmosphere, staff are very helpful and friendly, amazing location close to all the main attractions. I absolutely loved my stay at Cheers and will definitely return. Special thanks to Tarik who helped make our Istanbul trip memorable, best manager!!!

Very good place! Perfect location (but I strongly reccomend mark it on the map if you you want to get it by public transport or taxi becouse it is on the small street and not so easy to find it and taxi drivers also don't know where is it). Good personal, clean rooms, nice bar with good view.

The best stay so far! Great location, so close to most of the historical site. Amazing staff, very friendly! Don't miss the great rooftop bar that has the view of Hagia Sophia!

I *loved* Cheers hostel. For me, the most important factor in traveling is the people I meet (then comes the historical monuments, parties, etc). The energy at Cheers Hostel was so positive. All are interesting people and are down to make friends. The people who work there are so lovely (Olga and Tarek: if you are reading this, you guys are AWESOME) -- they encourage everybody to drink together, they assemble big groups to go to clubs + bars. I would definitely stay here if I return to Istanbul

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Jordan

The friendliest hostel I've ever been, very nice staff, always willing to help. Very comfortable rooms. I've actually been twice to Istanbul and I decided to stay at the same hostel. Excellent!

Fabulous staff! They would go out of their way to accommodate the needs of their guests. Shout out to Tarik, Ahmed and Olga! :) Breakfast was lovely. Very convenient location (near tram stop and major attractions). The rooftop bar should not be missed with its amazing view of Hagia Sophia and it's also a great way to meet other guests. Will definitely stay here again!

The staff were so incredibly friendly and warm, making Cheers feel like a mini-home while we were in Istanbul. Really enjoyed the shisha experience which Olga took us and other travellers out to one evening.

Had a fabulous stay at cheers hostel over new years! The staff and new friends I made definitely made my stay a great one! Only comment is you can't lock the door to the 8 bed mixed room so anyone can just come in...

Great hostel and location near tourist favorites like the Ayasofya, and the tram over to Beyoğlu and Taksim. The staff is very helpful and will help book taxis, airport shuttles, and trips to Cappadocia. Breakfast is provided, and there is a rooftop bar with a view of the Ayafofya. In addition to the shared rooms, this makes it very easy to meet other travelers (from everywhere - US, Europe, Asia, S. America). They also threw a great New Year,s Party.

• 27th Dec 2013

The staff is incredibly awesome. This hostel is right in the tourist central and all the main sites, though it is a fairly Islamic section so the bars and clubs tend to be a short tram ride away. The terrace bar has amazing views of the Hagia Sofia, but could benefit from a happy hour if that were allowed in the country (I don't know if it is) The lockers would benefit from extension cords that reached into the back - that would bring the facilities from good to excellent.

The Cheers staff was 100% helpful and welcoming. Within the day my 17 year old daughter and I felt like we were among family and old friends. Both the 6 room dorm and the private room were clean comfortable and well-priced. The location can't be beat the breakfast (included) is large, fresh, delicious and filling. When we returned to Istanbul we booked again at Cheers and would highly recommend it to any traveler.

perfect choice! Fantastic location, the breakfast is perfect and the bar and the view from there just awesome. Bar gives you the chance to meet nice people all over the world. Bıg clean rooms and clean bathrooms. Thank you to the staff for their kindness and help during my stay!

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Best location and best staff!! Just beside the major places of interests and well connected with tram and ferry port. Very good atmosphere in the hostel where you find all interesting people from around the world. Staff are super helpful and friendly! A drink in the roof bar will complete your day in Istanbul!

• 24th Dec 2013
  • China

I miss Zaman and every body in Hostel!! Best hostel experience ever. Had so many great memory on rooftop bar. I'll definitely stay in Cheers hostel next time in Istanbul. Miss you all :))) - Qian

The location of the hostel was perfect, the staff super nice. I would come back to this hostel next time i visit Istanbul!

One of the best places I've stayed in years. Everithing was perfect and I really mean it. Comfortable rooms (I've stayed in 8-bed dorm, 4 nights), nice food, clean bathrooms, wi-fi, spectacular view at St. Sophia from the bar. And of course the staff - love you, guys!

cheers hostel is the place to be if you want take a good time staff is so nicely, atmosphere too enjoyed it l wıll back agathe from france

• 20th Dec 2013