Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers is a rather small hostel, very well situated, with a friendly atmosphere and super nice people around.It's really charming and cosy plus clean and comfortable.We stayed in 8 ppl dorm for 6 nights and it was truly great! We spent new year's eve there and hang out with other guests of the hostel a lot :)Plus stuff is really amazing! Thank you Ahmet and Sinan for all your help!especially with our trip to the hamam:D Moreover this hostel has a super cute dog!We hope to come back one day

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Poland

Had a great stay at cheers hostel. Fantastic welcoming staff and an amazing location central to everything in the old town area. If your considering staying here just do it! Definitely going to come back and visit in summer.

• 28th Dec 2015

Wonderful hostel, amongst the best I've ever stayed at! Ahmet, Sinan and the other staff were so helpful, warm and welcoming. Amazing location and delicious big breakfast too. Highly recommended, spread the word! Can't wait to return. Thank you again, Cheers Hostel!!

A great hostel! The staff is very friendly and always able to help you. The ambience is very nice and the upstairs bar with the view on the Haghia Sofia is wonderful! Cheers got everything you need: a bar, clean sanitair, a good breakfast and overall a nice vibe!

great vibe, great people working there and great location. Enjoyed it there very much!!

Very clean, very organized, tasty breakfast (starts 08:30), excellent maps in reception, very attentive and friendly staff. The hostel is on a quiet street and yet is very close to the main sights of the city and the transport network. Highly recommended.

Cheers Hostel is amazing! My three cousins and I had been traveling Europe for quite some time before we arrived to Cheers and we couldn't have felt more welcomed. The rooms were like a hotel, the staff were absolutely lovely, and the hostel dog was just the cherry on the top! I definitely recommend a stay here it you're traveling through. Special thanks for Ahmet for his guidance and organization skills and booking us for all of our trips!

Great staff,location and breakfast. Really enjoyed myself.

The service and comfort is unlike any other hostel ,,The room was very clean and the people who work there is the reason that I myself want to go back there over and over again.. it felt like home , the breakfast and the food is great ,so I highly recommend..

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • American Samoa

Everybody was so friendly and kind, especially the sisters from Tiblisi Giorgia... nino is a great person. olga was nice.. at the same for Ahmet, Cinan ant turgit. everything was good. The best to me was the bathroom... big and clean. Best regards, DIEGO GARCÍA

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Colombia

This hostel was great!! The staff was super friendly and helpful! It was also in an awesome location. Would totally recommend this hostel to anyone traveling through Istanbul. Only recommendation would be to have bed lamps in the dorms, other than that a great stay and an awesome place.

• 20th Dec 2015

Best hostel I've stayed at in Europe. Awesome bar with great views. Delicious free breakfast, comfortable beds, and clean facilities. Being located right next to the Blue Mosque and the hagia sophia, you can't find a hostel with a better location. The staff were the best part about the hostel. Every time you walk thru the door they make you feel like you are at home. Sinan was my hero who gave me recommendations on what to do. Make sure to also meet Nuri, Tarik, and Olga. All such great people.

• 19th Dec 2015

One of the most welcoming places I have been in a long time. Excellent, helpful and friendly people work there. I would not have been able have a good time in Istanbul without them. Great beds. Great breakfast and coffee/tea. Good bar upstairs, with an astonishing view. I'll never stay anywhere else in the city.

• 19th Dec 2015

The entire hostel staff was amazing! Shout outs to Olga, Sinan, and Yuri! Felt so at home when I was there :)

This is only THE BEST Hostel in Turkey and probably one of the best in Europe!...Location, staff, facilities, impresive terrace view to Ayasofia and the best atmosphere you can find. I stayed a week more of what I planned just because the place is great, and will come back in summer!...Thank you guys!!

Brilliant location! The atmosphere in the upstairs bar and across the whole hostel was brilliant! The staff were extremely helpful and easy to talk to, made the stay very enjoyable!

• 14th Dec 2015

I don't recommend it. There are many hostels and hotels in that area, choose another option.

A perfect hostsl

• 14th Dec 2015

I had a one day layover in Istanbul and randomly selected Cheers. From jumping out the front door to greet my taxi to being super accommodating even after check out time---the staff were amazing and friendly. I met a couple of guys right off the bat in the common room/bar and we had a great night! This is the perfect place for the lonely traveler to pick up a few friends and it's in such a great location. I can't recommend it enough!

• 11th Dec 2015

For an authentic Turkish experience this is your place! Everything you could ask for is in walking distance and with the helpful staff you'll never be short of ideas for things to do. There is always a smiling Norie and a beer with a view upstairs after a big day of adventuresadventures. You will truely feel at home here. Free breakfast, a family not a workforce and a loving dog what more could you ask for?

• 9th Dec 2015