Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Stayed 3 nights, staff were helpful and pointed us in the right directions regarding what to see and what not to do. They all seem really happy. The bar was a good place to meet like minded travellers, with a nice view of the mosque. Breakfast was good, as was the coffee and the beer. Can't complain about the facilities. Most of the locals knew where the place was, so it was easy to find once we asked people, they are pretty eager to help.

First time in Europe and this hostel was simply amazing. Very friendly and helpful staff. Has a great rooftop bar and staff go out of their way to introduce you to other people. I am a solo traveler and left with a lot of new friends. Perfect start to my European adventure.

• 10th Aug 2015

Couldn't have asked for a better hostel EVER! Friendliest staff, so so central location, always felt super safe and incredibly easy to mingle and make new friends to spend the days with (this is coming from a solo girl traveller too!) Easy to say I'd come back in a heart beat to stay at cheers again!! Thanks guys!

• 9th Aug 2015

Only stayed here for one night during a long layover, but the staff was absolutely amazing and the location was right in the middle of everything.

I love cheers hostel soooo much!! All the staffs in the hostel treat me like a family member.I definitely will choose cheers again if I visit Istanbul once more in the future.All good wish to cheers.

All the staff were very friendly! They did their best to help me deal with a lost luggage situation and when I missed a train leaving Istanbul they helped me find somewhere to crash for a night. They were really great. I want to stay in Istanbul just to hang out with them. Social vibes, good breakfast... Nice view of Aya Sofia from the top level bar. Good place to chill and meet people. Bathroom setup is not the best. The one on the third floor has both shower and toilet in the same room,/

한국말 할줄 아시는 터키분 너무 좋았어요. 도와주실려고 많이 노력도 하시고, 문제가 있다면 바로 그 자리에서 대화하는것을 추천해드려요.^^ 다음에 한번더 올게요 ㅎㅎ

First travel all on my own.. I absolutely like the atmosphere and the availability of everyone! Thank you Olga for secrets places you make discover us. To keep in mind for other times in Istanbul!! Federico

Just excellent !!

Kindest hostel staff we have encountered, they will go of their way to help you. We especially loved Zamaan who is always ready to greet you with a slobbery kiss (the dog not the staff) !! Our private room was practically a hotel room! We have travelled to many countries in the world and stayed in many Hostels this ranks as one I the best for location, facililites and comfort and has by far the best staff. Thank you Tarik, Ahmed and the rest for making our stay in Istanbul awesome.

Cheers hostel is the best place to stay. Moment I walked in I was greeted by the friendliest reception staff who took my bags, gave me a drink, organised a tour for me & invited me on their weekly pub crawl for guest. Cheers hostel is set up in the best location, easy walk to everything. Rooftop bar is a great hangout, best wifi & air con, 24/7 staff assistants, rooms cleaned like everyday and good showers. Can't stay at cheers? go for a evening beer anyway. Cheers won't disappoint. Will be back

I have been at this hostel 5 years ago on my first trip to Istanbul and I liked it, so much so, that I came back. I could see improvements in the rooms (specially the air conditioner - quite a point in the summer heat !!!). Location is excellent, at the heart of Sultanhahmet), the price is quite attractive and, most important, the management people (the first I met was Olga) were kind and very helpful. Cheers Hostel is a great choice for a friendly accommodation in this wonderful city.

Great hostel in center of old Istanbul, the real draw is friendky, helpful staff, a location you can walk to any attraction from, and the great mix of guests to meet.

• 31st Jul 2015

Great staff, great location, impressed by the breakfast offerings!

Extremely helpful staff, perfect location and great vibes all around. As a solo traveler, the common areas made it very easy to meet people (who were all awesome!). Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

You rock! Thanks

• 27th Jul 2015

Cheers is the best hostel you can stay in Istanbul! It has a perfect location, rooftop bar with an amazing view but mainly the best staff you can imagine. All the people working in Cheers are super helpful, friendly and very social. Also all the guests staying there are really nice. If you wanna have a great time in Istanbul, definitely go to Cheers:)

The hostel is well located in the old Istanbul. All the sites are within walking distance. The staff are great and helpful. Thanks for the help from Tarik! Great bar with a view to Hagia Sophia

• 25th Jul 2015
  • China

Helpful staff, great location, tasty breakfast, nice travel tips, but few sockets in the room

Such a great hostel- all the staff were friendly and helpful. The location was perfect and the rooms were large and always clean. The breakfast was also great! Would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling alone as it's very easy to make friends !

• 25th Jul 2015