Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

One of my favourite hostels! The best staff! They make you feel very welcome..very clean, homely and a cute little rooftop bar. Great wifi, lockers and breakfast. Will definitely be coming back. Thanks guys, see you next time!

• 12th Jul 2015

Absolutely fantastic, would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends! Staff and exceptionally helpful and friendly, the location is perfect in a quiet location but right in the heart of old city! Thank you for a fantastic experience in Istanbul!

• 12th Jul 2015

Really awesome place with fantastic staff who go above and beyond in friendliness and helpfulness.

• 11th Jul 2015

First time staying in a hostel at Cheers and it was simply the best!! The whole team makes u feel at home. Tarik allowed us to have an early check in and gave us many recommendations on where to go in Istanbul. The breakfast buffet has an amazing assortment of fresh Turkish style food. Not to mention Zaman the cutest pup ever! The rooftop bar has breathtaking views of Hagia Sophia and the hostel itself is the shortest walk to all the major attractions in Sultanahmet. Would definitely recommend!

• 11th Jul 2015

STAY AT CHEERS HOSTEL!!! It is a fantastic hostel with everything you would want - an amazing breakfast, plenty of information and an awesome rooftop bar! Not to mention aircon in the rooms ;) The guys who work there were a big part of our fantastic time in Istanbul. It's a big, busy city and its easy to feel overwhelmed, but coming back to Cheers every night to Tarik, Ahmet or Sinan's smiling faces was a breath of fresh air and you'll feel right at home quickly :)

Cannot reccomend this place highly enough. We stayed here for four nights. The staff is awesome and SO helpful. They had great recommendations for where to go. They even upgraded our room to a Private for our last night. The location is absolutely fabulous, walking distance from Hagia Sophia, blue mosque etc. there is an amazing view of Hagia Sophia from the window. Yet it still feels tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the Main Street.

• 10th Jul 2015

Staff is really friendly and helpful and the location is perfect! Right next to the main attractions of the city. I definitely recommend this place!

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Peru

I had an amazing time staying at Cheers, I travelled to istanbul by myself and the staff made me feel welcome and I felt part of cheers family. It is a very social hostel. The rooftop bar is amazing and the staff make sure you have the best time during your stay. A big highlight was going out on a pub crawl on my first night where we went to some great pubs and club. Thank you Salim, Tarik, Ahmet, Olga, Sinan and Nuri! I had amazing stay and made some great friends. I will come back one day!

• 9th Jul 2015

Great hostel with a great location, very close to Hagia Sophia, the blue mosque etc. Staff is awesome, makes you feel very welcome! The bar has a great view over Hagia Sophia. I will definitely stay here again when I go back to Istanbul!

best hostel i have ever stayed at. Everybody was very nice

• 8th Jul 2015

Great staff, superb location and the bar had an excellent atmosphere with a beautiful view over the Haggia Sofia. The barman is awesome and gives you a free beer for carrying the keg up the stairs. Would definitely stay there again.

This hostel has been my favourite place to stay yet! The staff were incredible friendly and helped me navigate what's best to do in Istanbul. The rooms are very clean, great facilities, and a very fun roof top terrace with a killer view. Was very easy to meet other travellers here. Location is excellent for getting to all the sites! Highly recommend staying here.

• 7th Jul 2015

Our 2nd visit to Istanbul and we had to stay here. Helpful, friendly, English speaking staff, great breakfasts, clean rooms, highly recommended.

Great location, fabulous staff who immediately learn your name, and a friendly dog to pet! The bathroom ceiling was covered in mold and there are not enough charging ports in the 10 person dorm, but overall it is a great hostel.

The staff is so good, very clean the hostel

Hostel is in a great location, very central. Private room was secure but terrible ventilation/air conditioning, it was stifling and almost too hot to sleep. Olga was absolutely lovely and helpful. The other male staff were pretty lecherous and made us extremely uncomfortable. Girls travelling alone may feel uncomfortable. Cleaning staff were lovely. Breakfast is free but nonetheless pretty gross and disappointing.

Overall, this hostel was pretty good, but some things could definitely be improved. Our floor was the only one that didn't have a wifi hotspot so it was tough to use there. The bar was okay. It was always really packed so you didn't get much of a chance to go and chill and meet people. It was also very loud up there and you could hear everything from your room, which made it hard to sleep.

It would be impossible to have a better location, with the major sights literally within view of the front door. In addition, the staff are effusively friendly, making a point to learn your name and say check in with you every time you come and go. The delicious and refreshing breakfast was a treat. My four-bed room was very spacious and had an air conditioner. I could hear some noise from the bar upstairs, but not enough to be distracting. If I go back to Istanbul, I will definitely stay here!

Cheers really is a unique hostel. The staff create such a caring and welcoming community of travellers that is unlike anywhere else. They are so friendly, attentive, and caring. Every person there asks how you are, and they really want to know! They provide great recommendations for activities or sites to see. This place really goes above and beyond. As a female solo traveler, I also felt incredibly safe. This place is really special and you'll have a great time!

• 29th Jun 2015

Great hostel! Staff were awesome, breakfast was great. Perfect location. Will definitely recommend.

• 29th Jun 2015