Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Great place to stay! Walking distance to all the sights that you wanted to see (blue mosque, grand bazaar, spice market, etc.). The staff are all phenomenal, Tony welcomed me and gave me directions to sights and places to eat every day! Plus you can relax with everyone from the hostel, at night in the bar upstairs. Highly recommend!

• 28th Jun 2014

It is really good hostel! It's close to the must see places just 2 mins walk.(coollllll) The staff are really friendly and helpful. I really love the breakfast(many fruits)with Turkish coffee/tea and the room is real nice, I can feel the fresh air and the bed is comfortable. I really enjoyed staying here and I wish I could stay longer! :D

Great boutique hostel with the best staff you will find. Tony, Tarek and all the guys will make you feel at home. Location is close to blue mosque and topkapi palace. Perfect for solo travellers. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Had an amazing time here. Wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• 27th Jun 2014

My first time in Istanbul and choose this place based on what i read here on Hostelworld and it lived up to the great reviews! Perfect location in the old part of town, all the main attractions are within 5 min walk , and has the coolest rooftop terrace with a perfect view of Hajia Sophia, loved exploring the city every night and kicking back on the rooftop bar every night with the coolest bartender and sharing stories. The staff are awesome, and go out of their way to make sure happy!

• 26th Jun 2014

It was my first time traveling alone since my travel partner got called away for work so I was a bit nervous as a first time hostel staying lone female traveler. As soon as I arrived to Cheers Hostel, I realized I had been worrying for nothing! Both staff and guests were super friendly. Staff was always there and went above and beyond to assist you in your every need or want and felt more like friends than staff. I went on a side trip and decided to come back for my last night in Istanbul!

• 26th Jun 2014

Nice hostel, nice people good breakfast.

• 21st Jun 2014

with the breakfast missed the fact that coffee wasn't real and the food not authentic Turkish.

The breakfast is amazing. They serve lots of fruits. Location couldn't be better. It is possible to visit the main attractions by foot.

I stayed at Cheers for 3 nights in an 8 dorm room and 1 night in a private room. Both rooms were perfectly confortable and clean. The only bad thing about the shared room was that we stayed at the third floor and there was just one bathroom for the whole floor and it was also the used by the people from the bar, so sometimes it got a bit dirty. The bar has a great atmosphere, the staff is so kind, so overall I really aprecciate my stay here.

It was strange that there was no keys to lock the door, and it was uncomfortable to think people could just bust in at any time. Each floor has 2 showers but only one toilet (for about 8 people or so). There should be one outlet per bed. Breakfast was very nice and location 3 minutes away from Sultanahmet.

one of the best hostel i ever been. the staff was absolutely amazing, very friendly and helpfully! very nice experience. we will be back for sure!! lorena and adrian

The daily breakfast was great plus the staff were super helpful. Good place to stay if you are in Istanbul for a night or two.

The staff is awesome. They're super friendly and they really want you to have a good time. The rooms and facilities are nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. The terrace bar on the top floor is a great place to hang and meet people and the view is breathtaking. We made some wonderful friends up there. Breakfast (included) is also really good. Again, nothing fancy, mostly raw fruits and veggies and some hard boiled eggs, but it's all fresh, and very tasty after a long night out.

Cheers Hostel is the best. Seriously. If you're young travelers looking to discover Istanbul, look no farther. Staff is amazing-open with recommendations and will go completely out of their way to help. Located in the heart of the old city, you can walk to all major sites. Their rooftop bar has amazing views of the Hagia Sofia, and is always filled with travelers from all over-an awesome way to connect. Whether traveling alone, as a couple or a group, Cheers is the place for you. Thanks Cheers!!

• 10th Jun 2014

LOVE this hostel had the best time would defently come back next time im in istanbul great location staff are really good friendly vibrant atmosphere really enjoyed myself =) thanks guys

Awesome hostel ! All the staff is very cool and the location is perfect. One of the best (free) breakfast we have seen. The bar upstairs is very nice too, with a perfect view on Aya Sofia. Their dog, Zaman, is adorable. The only thing is that their Wi-Fi was not really good in our room. But other than that, perfect hostel ! Cheers from Montréal !

• 9th Jun 2014

There are many hostels in the same area as Cheers. What makes it unique is the bar, the dog, and the breakfast. Even if you don't drink check out the bar on the 4th floor. There's a spectacular view of the Hagia Sofia. It's lit up at night and feels like you can reach out and touch it. The dog is a symbol of the atmosphere of the hostel. It's has a laid back, friendly vibe. I've never had a better breakfast at a hostel. The fruit they prepare is fresh and delicious!

We stayed in a beautiful and very clean room, located in a nice and central area. The staff showed us an example of Turkish hospitality and made us feel welcome right from the start. They also proved to be very reliable, as everything they organized for us (airport transportation etc) was extremely (and astonishingly) punctual.. I’d definitely recommend staying here. ..Oh, and breakfast was delicious.

Cheers Hostel is hands down one of the best hostels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. The location is perfect. Haiga Sophia, Sultan Ahmet (Blue Mosque), Basilica Cistern, and a Metro Stop are all within a 5 minute walk from Cheers. The main hostel has a really fun and welcoming vibe. The top floor is a combination bar/hang out area, and the views from the top are pretty great. I like this hostel so much I'm going to leave a more detailed review on tripadvisor. I highly recommend!

Definitly recommend this hostel! Rooms were clean and pretty. The rooftop bar is excellent to chill or meet new people under the view of the Aya Sophia.(!) The staff is very helpfull and friendly and they make you feel at home. Definitly coming back one day!

• 6th Jun 2014