Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Wow~Cheers Hotel is the best choice. The host is so nice , kind, gentle and handsome and considerate. The rooms are comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious. The most important is Cheers Hotel is very near Sorta church and a lot famous sites. I would like to recommend people to stay here.

• 4th May 2015
  • Taiwan

I've stayed at a lot of hostels in my life, and this is the best staff I have ever stayed with. They are always smiling, friendly, and super helpful. The location of this hostel is within walking distance to the top attractions in Istanbul as well. You will not be disappointed!

Great hostel, fantastic atmosphere and good rooftop bar. Really good breakfast. Location perfect - 2 min walk to red and blue mosque

Most friendly staff! They became my best friends. The staff took me out on a pub crawl and helped me in purchasing a Turkish carpet. Ahmet and Olga are going to be my friends for life. Everyone was so nice and helpful. The atmosphere has that friendly hostel magic you are searching for.

• 2nd May 2015

I stayed here on first 2 days in Istanbul and decided to came back and stayed for last 4 days in Turkey. A nice calm place and helpfull staffs who always help you with anything. The location is excellent, it's located on small calm street but very close to the tram station, also close to all attractive historical places like Hagia Sofia, Blue Mos, Grand Bazar, Balisilica Cistern which are all in the walking distance.

Fantastic hostel and lovely staff. Slight criticism - there are only two bathrooms on the ground floor, so you have to time your bathroom trip well or you queue with the rest of 8 person dorm. Also not every bunk has an electricity socket next to it.

I really enjoyed my time at Cheers hostel. I was only there or a short time but the staff were really friendly and welcoming. On arrival once checked in the owner showed me around the hostel and took me up to the bar and introduced me to everyone. It felt like a little family. Thanks guys :)

I had a great time while staying at Cheers Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations on where to go. Breakfast every morning was fantastic. Much better than most hostels I've stayed. The facilities were always kept clean. There is a great bar upstairs with a beautiful view. As well the staff also took us on a pub crawl one night to some local clubs. Would definitely recommend staying here.

One of the best hostels I've stayed out. Really friendly and helpful staff, a great rooftop bar with a view of Hagia Sophia and a nice breakfast served every morning. The location is very good and close to lots of the main tourist sights including the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Ahmet also took us on a great pub crawl on Saturday night!

• 30th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Thanks to Olga, Tarik, Sinan, Ahmet and Nuri whose priceless advises made my experience in Istanbul one of my favorites ever. Clean hostel, friendly and helpful staff, very good breakfast and the rooftop bar with its amazing view is perfect for the ones that want to meet new people. And Ahmet's pub crawl is a must join.

The location can't be beat (once you find the hostel)! The staff are wonderfully friendly, always greeting me by name when I returned. The two main issues I had was that there wasn't really any security, I mean I never felt unsafe, but anyone could walk into the hostel at any time and have free access. I would have felt even better if the dorms were secured somehow. Though like I said, I never felt unsafe. Also, a 6 person dorm only had 1 power point (with a 3-plug power board). Not enough.

Loved my stay at cheers hostel! One of the best backpackers I have been to. The staff are definitely the asset and highlight to this hostel as they make us feel like home! I'll recommend cheers to my friends who visit Istanbul for sure.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Absolutely amazing hostel. Would recommend highly. Especially good for a solo traveler because the staff are so friendly and helpful. They give great advice about the city and help to introduce people to one another and make the hostel feel like a real family. So if you're not so good at meeting people the staff are amazing at assisting. Facilities are great and the bar up on the terrace has a great atmosphere and beautiful view of Aya Sofya.

• 29th Apr 2015

It is very well located and they are really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really nice and the wifi was good. You can easily find the place with introduction on the page and it just need 3 minutes to walk to the old city centre. They gave me all the information we need. The only problem was the room which we lived in had a really small window, it was a little bit dark in the daytime. But it doesn't matter! All was a very pleasant journey, I wish I could meet them again in the future!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • China

I have absolutely no complaints in any manner from this hostel. Cheers was absolutely fantastic, best location in the city, a wicked friendly staff (they remembered everyones name and made you feel like best friends whenever you came in the door). I would definitely stay again no doubts about it!

Had a great time here, location is awesome and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Will certainly stay here again in the future.

Cheers Hostel is definitely the place to stay in Istanbul. It's super close to all the major attractions and walking distance to the new side across the bridge. Olga, Ahmet, Zaman, Tariq, Sinan, Salim, Nori and Onur are absolutely wonderful. They will greet you with big smiles, and make you feel welcome at every chance they get. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is delicious and the terrace bar is awesome ! I've made lifelong friends at Cheers and will stay there again when I return.

Very good value for money. The staff was so nice and helpful. Supernice atmosphere and a very good breakfast.

Fabulous hostel. The staff are exceptional, along with the location and rooms!

What an amazing hostel! Location is inconvenient, close to tourist attractions and only a couple of minutes' walk from Sultanahmet tram stop. The hostel was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was plentiful. But the most important of all was how friendly all the staff was. As soon as we checked in we were offered tea and all there is to know about Istanbul and Turkey. The bed was very comfy and the duvet was so soft. The resident dog was an added bonus. Thank you for making us feel so welcome! Yada

• 25th Apr 2015