Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers hostel is fantastic! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is unbeatable. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly and made me feel like I was at home. There is even an adorable golden retriever that hangs out in the common areas! I highly recommend Cheers!

• 4th Mar 2015

I loved staying at Cheers Hostel! The friendly staff and having a bar on the top floor made it so much fun and it's one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The location was ideal and the breakfasts were good too. The water pressure in the shower was a bit weak but it's a minor issue because everyone had such a great time. Thanks to Tarik, Olga and all the crew at Cheers.

Great hostel, would recommend to anyone. This place has a great atmosphere and the staff are the best.

Stayed in Istanbul for a week and the staff and people at Cheers were a big part of a great experience! Great atmosphere and verz friendlz and helpful staff. Recommended!

Very very nice. Recommend to everyone who would stay in Istanbul.

The staff were WONDERFUL and treated us as friends. They really took an interest in us and were extremely helpful. Not to mention the free coffee and tea whenever we wanted it! The rooms were lovely and there was a lot of great space to relax.

• 28th Feb 2015

Loved Cheers! I've never had such friendly and helpful staff at a hostel before- everyone knew me by face and name which was so nice! Nice vibe with a bar and barman who definitely is keen to facilitate a drink or five. My one and only criticism is that the bathroom smells pretty funky, but if you can get around that you'll be very happy! Big thanks to all staff!!

Great hostel. The value for money and location were the reasons I booked with Cheers, but it was the staff who made it such a great place. Very relaxed and friendly place and the bar upstairs is brilliant. I will definitely be returning to Cheers for a few nights of warm welcomes and cold Efes.

• 27th Feb 2015

Very friendly staff, and an excellent location. I felt very safe and enjoyed my stay there very much. A smaller hostel, which is to my liking. I would definitely stay here again. Clean, fun, and very hip! (they play great music in the lobby)

Great experience here. The staff was genuinely friendly and made you feel welcome. The room was huge (just one socket though for 8 people) and the bar has a great view of the Haghia Sophia and most of the major sites are within walking distance! Highly recommended.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in because the staff was the best I've ever met. They really make you feel welcome and like you are a part of a family. Location is great and within 5 minutes walking distance from so many attractions. I will stay here again on my next trip and recommend to anyone visiting Istanbul in the future!

Great stuff

Amazing location! Really, truly amazing. I had a very limited time in Istanbul and was able to maximize it thanks to how close the hostel was to the major sites on my must-see list. Enthusiastic, very welcoming staff, good vibe. Rooftop bar opens up right on to a magnificent view of Hagia Sophia, but it did make my top-floor room a little noisy late at night. Everything else was nearly perfect.

Olga and the Cheers team were so welcoming and helpful! Loved staying at Cheers hostel and will do so again. Location was spot on with so many must see areas just minutes away! Hostel has very casual vibe, it was great for meeting new people. Had an amazing time in Istanbul. Loved every minute. Thanks again to the Cheers team for their hospitality!! xoxo

We wouldn't have such a wonderful experience in Istanbul without Cheers. The stuffs are very kind and helpful, we were welcomed very warmly! Cheers is located at the very heart of the old historical peninsula, all the sites are in walkable distance. In addition, they have a breathtaking view of the Blue Mosque from their terrace. The rooms are spacious and clean, the breakfast is awesome especially their apple tea! Everything is just perfect!

Our stay at cheers Hostel in Istanbul was a really nice one - located next to Ayasofya it was just the right place to stay and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We'll be definetely back by the time we come to Istanbul again! Thank you, cheers team :-)

I had a wonderful stay,

I stayed at the hostel for a few days and I had a good time.

• 18th Feb 2015

Awesome atmosphere. Excellent location in the heart of the city, close to the main sights. Really helpful and friendly staff. And, cherry on top, very delicious breakfast! I'll definately stay here again when I come back to Istanbul :D

bed was comfortable, and sleeping next to the heater kept me toasty all night. breakfast was simple but healthy and delicious. main attractions (blue mosque, hagia sophia, grand bazaar) are just a couple steps out and staff even helped make me a last min booking for a hot air balloon ride that cost half of what balloon agencies published online. above all, the hospitality will make all crave to go back again. i wish i can give a better rating than just excellent. thank you so much.