Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers is the best! The staff are amazing and very knowledgeable without pushing their own agenda. The location is great and the rooftop bar overlooking Hagia Sofia is top-notch. The breakfast is very nice and the atmosphere of the place is perfect. I met tons of travelers at the bar and at breakfast who joined me in my travel throughout Istanbul and Turkey; I give credit in part to the sense of community Cheers has!

Great location, great staff, great hostel. Had lots of fun in the roof top bar. Well run by Ahmet, Tariq and Saleem, who also offer great advice of what to see and do during your stay.

• 20th Mar 2014

I have stayed in over 100 hostels, the ones I like do two things very well...social spaces and staff friendliness/helpfulness. CHEERs is a great hostel. Tarik, Achmed and Hassan make the place, the breakfast is wonderful, and the patio, common room and bar make for a very social hostel

The people are the best! AND they have a dog Zaman who alone is worth the trip! Go. 5.5 stars out of 6.

Myself and 4 friends chose Cheers as our base for our annual St Patrick's day venture, and we couldn't have chosen better. The hostel itself is in perfect condition and the location couldn't be better for taking in the sights of Istanbul. Where it really distinguishes itself though is through its staff. From the moment we arrived Tarik and the team couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful, sorted us with tickets to a Fenerbache match and kept the hostel bar open till the early hours ; )

• 15th Mar 2014

Cheers is one of the most lovely hostels I stayed in my trip. The location is perfect that five minutes walking to the main viewpoints of Istanbul. They have their own bar and the scenery from the window is exactly what you expected for the place. They have wonderful service, includes breakfast, inquiry and so on. I book here twice and the next time, if I visit Turkey again, it'll be my home for sure. PS: there is a cute puppy in the Hostel too.

After nearly 40 countries, only a handful of hostels compare to Cheers. Clean, cozy, beautifully decorated, with bright, warm rooms and hot showers. Free tea or coffee and jazz/blues music in the lobby. Delicious breakfast and intimate rooftop bar with amazing views. Owner and staff were like old friends and always helpful making plans in the city or creating a fun and relaxed environment. One of my best hostel experience! I look forward to coming back soon to my new Turkish home and family.

Cheers was an excellent choice! The owner and staff were very helpful, funny, and friendly - including the resident dog, "Zaman". The location is perfect, though it was a little hard to find given the instructions from the Gurlhane light rail stop. The lounge/bar can be a little loud and smoky at night, so come here to meet people and stay up a little late, not for perfect tranquility :)

• 12th Mar 2014

This Hostel was perfect! The location is super! My favourite thing is the rooftop bar with a view over the Hagia Sophia and the staff are very cool and lots of fun! A friendly dog lives in the hostel as well :)

The stuff is so kind and the hostel very nice. To recommend: the bar on the top of the hostel building with its beautiful view.

• 7th Mar 2014

I greatly enjoyed my stay here - the hostel staff were very friendly and always willing to help, which added to the open and inviting atmosphere. If I were to visit Istanbul again I would definitely choose to stay at Cheers again. The room was excellent, and I felt that it more than exceeded my expectations and I would recommend staying here without hesitation.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

I really recommend it!!

Best hostel ever!

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Romania

Really friendly and helpful staff. Great location for The obvious sights. Only minus wad the Hard and sunken matress.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Great breakfast!!!

Cheers ıs the hostel you are lookıng for. Great locatıon, excellent breakfast and the frıendlıest staff ready to help you plan your day ın Istanbul and tours outward bound. Lots of fun and the vıew from the rooftop bar ıs fantastıc!

• 1st Mar 2014

Having traveled to Istanbul previously this hostel ranks as one of the best in the city. The location is perfect only a 2 minute walk from the Aya Sofya and the Blue Mosque. The breakfast was included with the booking which I thought was a nice touch. The view from the bar is awesome with a great view of the Aya Sofya. The rooms were cleaned frequently and the facilities were of a high standard. I would highly recommend!

• 28th Feb 2014

Great staff, great breakfast!

The hostel is right in the old part of Istanbul. The Blue Mosque etc. are in walking distance. Though next time I would prefer staying in Beyoglu, since it's more interesting there at night. Please also read all security advice especially for lone travellers, so you don't get scammed (as me).

great location and the nicest staff. breakfast is fantastic and the rooftop bar is great for a nightcap- would definitely recommend this hostel and will stay again next time.