Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Its location is exactly what you need for your stay in Istanbul and the staff were very helpful.

A really great hostel. Wonderful staff, nice breakfast, spacious dorm room. I would return.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at during my travels! The staff is extremely helpful and happy to answer any questions about the city or travels in Turkey. The breakfast is fantastic and the common area is a nice place to relax. Highly recommend this hostel during your visit to Istanbul!

Was a great hostel, all of the staff there are soo helpful for all the possible situations you need!! Ahmet was a legend, if you want to know where to go without all the tourists or just tips, have a chat with him!!

Great staff, always willing to help.

Great location in Sultanahmet near the major sites. Cool terrace on top with view on Hagia Sofia. Bilingual staff was very helpful. Rooms are very clean and well maintained. Breakfast is very good.

• 24th Sep 2014

BEST HOSTEL! Don't bother looking anywhere else to stay. I stayed at other hostels in Istanbul and this is by far the best! I have been back 3 times now already. I am a solo traveller and this place is for everyone. Great atmosphere, staff are amazing and the included breakfast is the best I have had anywhere. Good location super close to everything. So do yourself a favour and book to stay here you won't regret it!!

• 24th Sep 2014

We had a great time at cheers! Perfect location, close to Hagia Sofia and easy access to public transport to get everywhere in the city. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and gave us several good food recommendations and introduced us to Turkish coffee :) highly recommend this hostel!

i have stayed at so many hostels around europe and Cheers is one of the best ones!! stuff helps you with everything! I will be back!

• Switzerland

i stayed 1night at cheers hostel. that was very comforable! and brakfast is nice! thank you!!

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Japan

A must in Istanbul. Great place, great location, great staff.

• 21st Sep 2014

The staff was super friendly and very helpful in answering any questions we had about the neighborhood, which sights to see, etc. Tony was a great guide around the Taksim area on Saturday night; I wouldn't have had any idea where to start were it not for him.

• 20th Sep 2014

Really nice to stay here!

• Taiwan

All of staff are so helpful.So you can ask them any questions. Especially in my case,I left my valuable thing there.I didn't notice about it.But The owner contacted me to tell about it.That made me so relieved. I really appropriate it.

• Japan

Some of the mattresses are very bad and feel like they're 10years old. And we spent one night without blankets, because they didn't give or mentioned any.

• Switzerland

You people are very nice and and i thank you sincerely for your help about my last night stay in Cheers.

• China

For the same price as countless hotels in the area, I would choose a hotel. I don't consider myself super picky when it comes to accommodations, but what I don't like is mold in the bathroom, hallway, and above the bed. Hairs on the sheets and floor as if no one even bothered to sweep, holes in the walls, a broken toilet seat cover, wobbly toilet, broken A.C., no safe, the list goes on...

• 19th Sep 2014

I had a mishap in my travels. Cheers was happy to take care of me. Everyone working at the hostel is very sociable and wants to make sure you have a great trip. The bar has a great view and is a fun place to be, but the dorms are still quiet.

Great location if you want to be close to the landmarks but if you want to go out and party or stay up late I suggest going to a place near Taxim as the area is pretty quiet by midnight.

That was the second time I stayed there,I had a great time and thank Ahmet, he helped me buy the ticket of lady gaga'show. If I'll go to Istanbul again, I will choose CHEERS no hastiest.love u guys!! TIAN