Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Though it was a short stay, I enjoyed the place very much. The staffs were very helpful. Thank you!

Good overall. They took care of any questions or concerns we had about the room. Room was tidied every other day or so. Breakfast was simple and tasty. Information about some of the scams and dealing with touts would be useful.

Amazing location and amazing staff. Loved the breakfast and the upstairs Bar. I will be staying here sharing when I return to Istanbul.

Nice place, excellent location, polite and helpful staff, everything was fine on my 4 days stay. I recommend it...

Perfect hostel. Staff were amazing and easy to meet people!

I had such an incredible time here. The staff made me feel welcome and right at home. The environment was so easy to meet fellow travelers and make new friends. It was within walking distance to all the main attractions the location was perfect!

• 6th Feb 2014

The location of the hostel is excellent, the breakfast buffet was a delight and overall we had a very good stay there. Next time I visit Istanbul I will go there for sure :)

• 5th Feb 2014

Excellent hostel. Very helpful ın anythıng that we needed. The aırlıne lost my baggage and the staff at cheers went out of there way to help me ın fındıng ıt and gettıng ıt returned to me. All are a wealth of knowledge ın all thıngs Istanbul, and more than happy to help wıth any excursıons throughout the rest of Turkey. Would hıghle reccomend thıs hostel to anyone vısıtıng Turkey.

All the staff are excellent people! Best location in Istanbul. Best view from the terrace. High recommended.

Friendly staff and amazing location!

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Very cosy, comfy place, great location, friendly stuff, but the best of this hostel is Zaman, amazing dog, I just love him))

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Kazakhstan

In the heart of the historical centre of Istanbul, good atmosphere, easy to meet people, great view from the top floor bar. Totally recommended

As soon as I walked in the door, I felt at home with two new best friends, Olga and Tarik. I needs help with the rest of my Turkish itinerary and Olga walked me over to help plan and book it with her friend in the travel agency. The weather was quite cold but inside Onur, the owner, taught us backgammon and introduced new guests to make them feel welcome. Far above what the staff needs to do, but that's why it lives up to its name! My only suggestion would be to change the bathroom filter scent.

• 26th Jan 2014

The hostel is located in the center of the historical area All staff are very helpful and breakfast was great

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Excellent hostel with excellent staff. Tirrak, Olga and the gang will make you feel right at home in Istanbul. Great location for short and long term travellers. Staying here definitely made Turkey just that bit more special, as if it needed any help. Turkish breakfast is to die for and it's freshness will offset the likely large volume of kebab you'll eat. Definitely get some suggestions of food and nightlife away from Sultanhamet, they know their stuff. Fantastic view from the top bar!

Cheers is the place to be! My friends and I stayed for a week and didn't want to leave! It was absolutely amazing. Cheers has an incredible location in old town so we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go! It's also just around the corner from a metro stop that we used a few times. Tarik and the rest of the staff were super helpful! They gave great advice on things to do and see! We loved the hostel 100%. I'd stay again in a heartbeat! We felt very taken care of there. Many thanks!

• 18th Jan 2014

My friend Aaron and I had a great time! Our private room was clean and priced well. We enjoyed the bar and other travelers visiting Cheers. The location of the hostel, the view from the bar, and the friendliness of the staff will have me staying at Cheers again on my next trip to Istanbul.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Extremely comfortable. Good location for the old city and touristy sites. Staff go out of their way to make you feel at home.

We had an amazing time. Cheers hostel has a great location and the people are really nice.

• 13th Jan 2014

GREAT hostel, I've been there twice and it has always been a great place to stay. Very comfortable, well located, great staff. Excellent!