Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Super nice staff. Beautiful dog. Cool bar on the roof to chill out with other travelers. Walking distance from the big attractions of Istanbul. Would recommend!

It is very good to meet people from all over the world and the stuff were very helpful and nice

• 5th Dec 2015

Cheers hostel is definitely a top choice hostel in Istanbul. Its insanely clean, the beds are uber comfy, they have a beautifully sweet pooch to play with, abd the breakfast is tops. Not only do they arrange pub crawls in Taksim and Turkish style BBQs on saturday nights, but the staff are a pleasure to hang out with just at the hostel, especially Olga and Sinan. Sorry I slept too late to play a last game of backgammon, Sinan and thanks for booking and joining us at the baths, Olga! I recommend!

Excellent hostel!

The guys at Cheers are very friendly, hospitality and accommodating. Special thanks to Olga for providing a good barbecue), very delicious. And pub crawl very late but amazing fun.

I've hosteled quite a bit, and Cheers has been my best experience so far! The location is unbeatable, the staff is unbelievably friendly and personable, and the other guests were phenomenal. Ahmet took us on a pubcrawl (more accurately a club crawl), and it was some of the most fun I've had in a long time. I will definitely stay at Cheers every time I go to Istanbul in the future!

This hostel was easily my favorite hostel stay that I've ever had. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. Always there to help and were always making an effort to get to know us and be hospitable. (Go by and say hi to Sinan, he's the man!) The location is also perfect with just a very short walk to the Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, the palace and a ton of restaurants, parks, and shops. The rooms are very spacious and clean, and the upstairs bar lounge is a nice lively place. STAY HERE!!! :)

• 26th Nov 2015

STAY HERE!!! This is my third time staying at Cheers and when I go back I will stay there again!! Istanbul is fascinating city and when you are at Cheers you can really see a lot and it is really convenient to go by metro or just hire a taxi. I love the breakfast there since it is so delicious and lovingly prepared.

We stayed at cheers for 1 week and had great time their. Not only that the crew was outstandingly friendly and answering every question. We found the place in total to be very clean an the location in town just to be awesome. For people, who are on vegan diet the breakfast is more than amazing: Lots of fruits and veggies. The Highligt was definitely the bbq on saturday with the following pubcrawl, made us so much fun!!! p.s.: Sinan's the best receptionist guy, i can imagine. Meet him yourself!

• 23rd Nov 2015

Cheers is the only place to stay it Istanbul! The location can't be beat with an awesome view of the Hagia Sophia from the roof bar! Then there is the staff, all absolutely amazing and really make the effort to get to know you and make sure you have an awesome stay. I will be back for sure!!

Very friendly hostel with great atmosphere, bar on top floor great way to meet fellow travelers

Stayed 4 nights at the old city location. Amazing place, amazing staff, and a great place to meet other travelers. Would highly recommend this place to all.

• 22nd Nov 2015

If you are in Istanbul, the ONLY place to stay is Cheers Hostel. I spent 7 nights here and I did not want to leave.The location is perfect, and is in walking distance from all of ancient Istanbul's major sights.The top floor bars an amazing view of Hagia Sophia. The breakfast is included and delicious every morning. Most importantly, the staff is amazing. Ahmet, Olga and Sinan are wonderful to hang out with.There is an insane pub crawl every Saturday led by Ahmet which is the most fun nightlife

• 21st Nov 2015

It was just perfect, if you are there for couple of day it's the place to be

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

We spend 4 days at Cheers Hostel in Istanbul and can highly recommend others to go there. The wonderful people (of whom we mainly spend time with Ahmed, Olga and Sinan) working there were really good at creating a nice and relaxed atmosphere in which it became natural to meet and hang out with the other guests. This was in part supported by the cosy bar on the top but definitely also by the barbecue plus pubcrawl that Sinan arranges on Saturdays. We had a great time!

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

Best hostel I've ever been to. Gorgeous view of the Aya Sofya mosque from the bar on the 4th floor. Awesome BBQ dinner cooked by the hostel and pub crawl after for extremely cheap. It felt like a family business; the hostel staff were amazing and friendly, and actually hung out with you. They even gave us towels to use for free and a card to use on the Istanbul Metro. Would stay there again.

Great hostel with perfect location in the middle of Sultanahmet. 100% recommendation! They have a bar on the top floor with stunning view at Ayasofya mosque (great place for socializing). Stuff is awesome, very helpful and always up for a joke. They organized a BBQ and pubcrawl. Breakfast is ok. Rooms are clean but simple. However, cleaning staff should have recognized the broken toilet seat and brush.

Ahmet Cicek is a legend :D best host ever!

Hey Cheers staff, thanks for a lovely time in your hostel, I have never been to a familiar hostel like that before and I really enjoyed my visit to Istanbul.Thank you so much for your time, friendliness and hospitality ! Take care, carolin

• 19th Nov 2015

BEST STAFF EVER!! Sinan, Olga, Tarek, Ahmet, the ladies from Georgia, everyone in here is just lovely, kind and super helpful! Location is great, 5 minutes to Blue Mosque and Ayasofya, restaurants, cafes, Metro, tram, etc. Breakfast is so good!! STAY HERE :) The hostel also has a bar at the top with a wonderful view, crazy pub craws! This place is excellent to socialise and meet ppl, I wish I could have stayed longer to share more memories with the beautiful people working in here,