Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

The location can't be beat (once you find the hostel)! The staff are wonderfully friendly, always greeting me by name when I returned. The two main issues I had was that there wasn't really any security, I mean I never felt unsafe, but anyone could walk into the hostel at any time and have free access. I would have felt even better if the dorms were secured somehow. Though like I said, I never felt unsafe. Also, a 6 person dorm only had 1 power point (with a 3-plug power board). Not enough.

Loved my stay at cheers hostel! One of the best backpackers I have been to. The staff are definitely the asset and highlight to this hostel as they make us feel like home! I'll recommend cheers to my friends who visit Istanbul for sure.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Absolutely amazing hostel. Would recommend highly. Especially good for a solo traveler because the staff are so friendly and helpful. They give great advice about the city and help to introduce people to one another and make the hostel feel like a real family. So if you're not so good at meeting people the staff are amazing at assisting. Facilities are great and the bar up on the terrace has a great atmosphere and beautiful view of Aya Sofya.

• 29th Apr 2015

It is very well located and they are really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really nice and the wifi was good. You can easily find the place with introduction on the page and it just need 3 minutes to walk to the old city centre. They gave me all the information we need. The only problem was the room which we lived in had a really small window, it was a little bit dark in the daytime. But it doesn't matter! All was a very pleasant journey, I wish I could meet them again in the future!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • China

I have absolutely no complaints in any manner from this hostel. Cheers was absolutely fantastic, best location in the city, a wicked friendly staff (they remembered everyones name and made you feel like best friends whenever you came in the door). I would definitely stay again no doubts about it!

Had a great time here, location is awesome and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Will certainly stay here again in the future.

Cheers Hostel is definitely the place to stay in Istanbul. It's super close to all the major attractions and walking distance to the new side across the bridge. Olga, Ahmet, Zaman, Tariq, Sinan, Salim, Nori and Onur are absolutely wonderful. They will greet you with big smiles, and make you feel welcome at every chance they get. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is delicious and the terrace bar is awesome ! I've made lifelong friends at Cheers and will stay there again when I return.

Very good value for money. The staff was so nice and helpful. Supernice atmosphere and a very good breakfast.

Fabulous hostel. The staff are exceptional, along with the location and rooms!

What an amazing hostel! Location is inconvenient, close to tourist attractions and only a couple of minutes' walk from Sultanahmet tram stop. The hostel was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was plentiful. But the most important of all was how friendly all the staff was. As soon as we checked in we were offered tea and all there is to know about Istanbul and Turkey. The bed was very comfy and the duvet was so soft. The resident dog was an added bonus. Thank you for making us feel so welcome! Yada

• 25th Apr 2015

I love this place! and will stay there whenever I am in Istanbul!! The staff there are more than excellent and you can`t beat the location

Pros: Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Best breakfast of many places I've stayed. Cons: Private rooms in separate buildings where there can be many stairs depending on the floor your room is on. Rates I thought high, but that could be just because of the excellent location in the old city area. Overall: a great hostel that I would highly recommend and hope to stay at again on my next visit.

Simply one word - Awesome! I feel I find a home in Istanbul. Cheers! Perfect location - 3 minutes walk from Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque. Close to Tram line. There are lockers in the room. The room is clean and tidy. Breakfast is good, lots of fresh fruits. There is a bar on the top floor where you can meet travelers and make friends. Most importantly, the staff are superb! They will give you lots of suggestions and answer your questions with patience and passion. Highly recommended!

Genuine passion, a commodity most rare, cannot be faked. These young, talented staffers positively overflow with openness and a real sense of care, endowing their hostel with that sublime air of recuperative calm that gives even the most world-weary traveller the impression they're at home, with family. Phenomenal location. Views of the Hagia Sophia from our room. Very clean, delicious breakfast. Excellent service and upkeep.

• 23rd Apr 2015

The team at Cheers that we experienced (Ahmet, Sinan and Olga) were extremely helpfully and accommodating with advice on the local area. Highly recommend them, great atmosphere. Warren and June

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

You guys are the best. Zaman is the best dog ever and I already miss him. Thank you so much for everything you guys did for us. You made our trip amazing. We hope to be back one day!

The location can't be beat (once you find the hostel)! The staff are wonderfully friendly, always greeting me by name when I returned. The two main issues I had was that there wasn't really any security, I mean I never felt unsafe, but anyone could walk into the hostel at any time and have free access. I would have felt even better if the dorms were secured somehow. Though like I said, I never felt unsafe. Also, a 6 person dorm only had 1 power point (with a 3-plug power board). Not enough!

We cannot thank you guys enough for everything you did for us. We hope we can come back to Istanbul and stay at Cheers sometime soon!

• 22nd Apr 2015

I stayed at Cheers hostel for 6 nights and it was incredible! The atmosphere is so comforting and the staff are so nice and friendly - always offering tea or coffee, will always help if needed and just super kind. This is the best hostel I've stayed in, I just loved it AND THEY HAVE A PET DOG.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Excellent hostel. The rooms are clean and the staff are exceptional. I felt very welcome as a solo traveller and will definitely recommend Cheers Hostel to my friends, and will stay on my next visit to Istanbul. Great location, walking distance to all of the attractions, and the staff are willling to point give recommendations whenever you need.