Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Definitly recommend this hostel! Rooms were clean and pretty. The rooftop bar is excellent to chill or meet new people under the view of the Aya Sophia.(!) The staff is very helpfull and friendly and they make you feel at home. Definitly coming back one day!

• 6th Jun 2014

Amazing place, even better people...I feel sad for the people who travel to Istanbul and don't stay in this hostel!

• 5th Jun 2014

Best hostel in Istanbul, everything was perfect, the staff make you feel like family, the location is unbeatable and the roof top bar has the best view in town. The little things make this place the best, proper pillows, good mattresses and everything is clean! Enjoy your stay and make sure to book in advance as it books out quick.

Great Location. easy to get around, friendly staff. The only bad thing is that the bar on the top floor plays music very loud until about 1am. Even with ear plugs it was really loud. Ask to stay on the bottom level if possible.

• 4th Jun 2014

Perfect place if you're travelling on your own, great atmosphere, great people and lots of opportunities to socialize and get to know the city.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Spain

Excellent place. Especially Tarek is an incredibly friendly and helpful host.

• 2nd Jun 2014

The hostel is located in the center of old city. Walking distance to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Spice Market and all other attractions including new city. The staff are welcoming and friendly, they provide all the information you need. The room is spacious and clean and the bed is comfy. Highly recommened!

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

This is the second time I stayed at this hostel. Everything is the same!! Best of the best!! Especially the manager Mr. Tarik and staff..I will be back next time!

Ive got only good thıngs to say about the hostel. Especıally İ loved the homely atmosphere and the helpful and super nıce stuff there!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Finland

Very nice people and amazing viel on the roof top bar!! We had plumbing issues with some bad smell coming from the shower; but wonderful location;not possible to be closest from historical center!!

Loved the hostel and the staff was super friendly! I had problems in one of the rooms, because it was right under the rooftop bar, but was able to switch rooms easily. Just ask and you'll get help straight away. The breakfast was delicious and plain awesome. Great for vegetarians :)

A wonderful atmosphere, great staff, bedrooms and bathrooms were clean, good breakfast and great location! Highly recommend this hostel!

I stayed here for 2 nıghts and ıt was a very enjoyable stay. The location is perfect as the hostel is located next to most of the major landmarks. The staff is incredibly nice (especially Tarek) and make you feel at home. At night, there is a great rooftop bar/lounge area to meet people, have a drink and enjoy the beautiful of the Hagia Sophia. Overall, I definitely recommend this place for anyone who visits Istanbul. Excellent choice!

The staff were extremely helpful! They provided us with amazing restaurant recommendations and great directions. They were very helpful in always calling us cabs as well. Lastly, they were very friendly people and I enjoyed getting to know them.

• 24th May 2014

Excellent breakfast! Everything as i expected.

Really nice staff and excellent position :)

• China

I really like the time we spend in Cheers. It is a comfortable hostel. and the stuffs here are really friendly. I'll definitely stay here again if I come back to istanbul again. And it have a fantasitc view of Aya Sophia from the bar!!!!!!

• China

Good location, just next to Sultanahmet park. Helpful staff.

You could see there had been a leakage in the room, some paint would help!

• 23rd May 2014

This has been one of the best places I've ever stayed. They made my time in Istanbul feel like home. Everytime I returned I was greeted and I knew all of my hostel roommates. I met some incredible people at Cheers. I enjoyed having breakfast outside and starring at Hagia Sophia every morning. The terrace is to die for and just hanging up there writing, is the neat place to be. Even the others in my room felt so at home , it seemed we should've been tucked in at night without a doubt. Best hostel

• 23rd May 2014