Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Excellent location next to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc and the staff - Tarek, Olga and Ahmet are all very helpful. Thanks for the hospitality! Reccomend to stay here while in Istanbul!

This was a great hostel. When i checked in, i had not exchanged money or visited an ATM. They entrusted me to pay the next day. Given another guy had just cheated them from not paying when they are so kind. Ahmet had checked me in and was really helpful and kind. Also the hostel manager was a joker but great guy. Tony at the rooftop bar was great at explaining to us the history of why we should get a Turkish bath. The rooftop bar was a great atmosphere to hangout and mingle. Had a great time

Good location, friendly staff. Very nice hostel♡

• 26th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Overall experience with Cheers Hostel wawas fantastic. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Location of the hostel is very close to the tourist main spots and tram.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Location is not too hard to find , not far from tram . Staff is very nice and good advise.

amazing hostel! I felt at home here. Everyone is so nice, helpful and accommodating. Breakfast included and the location right behind the Hagia Sophia. Definitely the best hostel I stayed will be coming back to istanbul and stay here!

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Peru

Everything was perfect! The best hostel in Istanbul for sure!

• 24th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

great location, warm and welcoming staff

This place came highly recommended through other travellers. The place was perfection on so many levels! The location was ideal & accessible. The views were priceless. The staff were entertaining, remember your name & always followed up. This hostel is a must!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Great location. Lovely rooftop bar / common room. Friendly staff. Quite noisy at night though (due to previously mentioned bar), so may not be ideal for light sleepers. Dorms have small lockers (carry-on size), and no door locks, so be mindful of valuables. The 5 bed dorm was quite small, and weirdly had 2 bunk beds and a DOUBLE bed.

Tariq, Tony and Ahmed (as well as the rest of the crew) are all laid back as well as on top of everything the guests need. Awesome vibe and willingness to help. Location can't be beaten. Breakfast included is the best!

I stayed at two other hostels in the area before and thought this one was the friendliest with the staff and people staying there. They really try and do a good job at making everyone feel at home.

• 19th Oct 2014

Tony is the man he helped us alot and is a amazing person he made our stay so good the breakfast is so good full of fresh products and they have a bar its tony there also he is everywhereto help. the bar has a ayasofia view the hostel is clean with alot of fun people ı think this is the best hostel ı have stayed and ı will be back and reccomend it to everyone.

• 18th Oct 2014

We booked this hostel in the hope that we would meet other people staying there for our last night out in Istanbul. However we were put in the "new building" which is about three blocks away from the main building. Not particularly impressed. If we'd wanted to stay somewhere else, we would've booked somewhere else.... With that said, the facilities were newly renovated and very clean and nice.

Wi-fi not strong enough on the second floor.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • China

I really enjoyed my stay at Cheers! The staff was fantastic, friendly, helpful and always there to help. The place is super clean and the bathrooms are large. The rooftop bar is a nice touch as well. The price is very competitive if not cheap. Location is literally perfect, in the heart of everything right off the tram.I would highly recommend staying with Cheers!

It`s easy to find the location which is really convienient for visiting all Sutanahmet area. I recommend you to take metro and tram there. The atmosphere is great.I have met a lot cool persons on trip. On the roof there is a bar for you to meet people ,disscuss travel plan with them and also enjoy the great view of the mosque--exactly like the pic shows you. And I also love the staffs there ,they are very helpful and insteresting to talk to . Thank you Tony and Ahmet, you are awesome!

• 10th Oct 2014
  • China

Great location, comfy beds and good friendly atmosphere. All staff were friendly and helpful especially Tony who took a group of us on a (free!) pub crawl and also rushed to my aid when a cab driver tried to swindle me out of some extra coin on arrival to the hostel.

• 10th Oct 2014

My boyfriend, Ed, and I stayed at this hostel and thought it was a real gem. The main hostel has a lovely bar on the top floor looking out at one of Istanbul’s grand mosques and was a great place to drink a nice cold Efes and chat to people after a day ambling around the city. The hostel staff were really friendly and very helpful- particularly when we realised we were a bit late setting off for the airport as we were leaving (we got there in time thanks to your help!). Loved our stay :)

• 9th Oct 2014

Chilled hostel, good for a few days as close to major attractions, friendly staff, comfy beds

• 8th Oct 2014