Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Hey Cheers staff, thanks for a lovely time in your hostel, I have never been to a familiar hostel like that before and I really enjoyed my visit to Istanbul.Thank you so much for your time, friendliness and hospitality ! Take care, carolin

• 19th Nov 2015

BEST STAFF EVER!! Sinan, Olga, Tarek, Ahmet, the ladies from Georgia, everyone in here is just lovely, kind and super helpful! Location is great, 5 minutes to Blue Mosque and Ayasofya, restaurants, cafes, Metro, tram, etc. Breakfast is so good!! STAY HERE :) The hostel also has a bar at the top with a wonderful view, crazy pub craws! This place is excellent to socialise and meet ppl, I wish I could have stayed longer to share more memories with the beautiful people working in here,

Love this place. Super great staff. The bar upstairs has an awesome view, and the place is very clean. Drinking tea with everybody was one of my favorite parts of the day. Ahmet, Tarik and Olga were the reason that we had such a great stay, they are all seasoned travelers and that's why the place works so well! Obviously, I have to mention Zaman the pup. Love that dog! Thanks everybody!

Cheers Hostel is where friends are made and experiences are had. The staff, who will become like your family, encouraged an open & social environment amongst the travelers, and often helped facilitate social events like pub crawls, shisha & trips to a Turkish bath. The location is prime. It's walking distance to everything in the old city including the Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Spice Market... Very clean for what it's worth. I would def stay here every time I visit

• 16th Nov 2015

Top class staffs that make this hostel one of the best through my travels and makes a perfect nest for my last stop. Between all four - they've handled my awfully rude entrance after a long commute with class and understanding as well as quickly sending me to bed to sleep it off. All of them are extremely helpful and with a wealth of knowledge on where to eat and what to do. Ended up staying more nights than intended. Location is spot on to the important tourist sights and great view from bar!

I don't normally write reviews but this hostel is so great that I must do it. Love this hostel!! The staff (Ahmet, Tarik, Olga, Selim, Nuri , Sinan...even their dog Zaman) is so helpful, friendly and patient with all the visitors. They work super hard to make sure our stay is comfortable. Also super convenient to all the major sites. Highly recommended! Much love to the team there!

• 15th Nov 2015

Amazing location. The staff is really friendly. We booked a private double room and it was really big and comfortable, but it is a few minute walk from the main hostel (not a bad thing but just something to know). Breakfast is a nice Turkish spread every morning. Internet service is solid. Top floor lounge bar is nice with good drinks and music. Would definitely stay again. Be sure to make friends with zaman!

Excellent location ! Closed to both Blue Mosque, Sofia, Palace, and Museum. However, it means the hostel is located in heavy tourists area. Almost every things are more expensive than any place in Istanbul. Even this hostel is little more expensive than others. Value for the money ? I am not so sure. Nevertheless, bar on the top floor has fantastic view of Aya Sofia and Blue mosque. All of staffs are very friendly and helpful. Towel was provided upon request wo/ charge, Beds are comfortable.

Great location and friendly staff! Bar upstairs has a nice view of the Hagia Sophia.

The shower cubicle door was the smallest in the world, the shower cubicle had black mould all over it and should be cleaned.

The staff and manager were exceptionally friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome the moment we Steph into the hostel.

Everything was perfect! The place might be a bit hidden at first sight, but its location is perfect, with one of the best views of Ayasofia from the terrace. The staff was great, especially Olga, thanks for everything! Highly recommended!

Everyone there is super relaxed and helpful. I needed to change nights that I booked at the last minute and they were happy to shift them with no extra charge. All round welcoming Lots of local insight. Plus - they've got a resident golden retriever. Extra points

My stay in the cheers hostel was amazing! I enjoyedt everything about this very welcoming hostel. 2 specials things the amazing view from the bar of the hostel where you can drink and meet people. We did some party there too specially Saturday night : a pub crawl with Ahmet to discover how is Istanbul by night ! The second thing is how the staff is always helpful, so nice and available for giving advice or just talk. It is specially good when you travel alone.

• 6th Nov 2015

Cheers is a great hostel in a fantastic location - just minutes walk to Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque etc. The staff are all so friendly and make you feel part of a community, even the dog is super friendly! The overall atmosphere at the hostel is really good, even the other travellers. Would highly recommend this hostel for anyone looking to enjoy their stay in Istanbul.

Greeted at the door on arrival by Sinan, and he was also very helpful and great fun on the other days. Rooms were very comfortable. We had the private room- massive! Very helpful staff and the atmosphere was also fantastic. Zaman is the best...

We had a nice stay with friendly staff, lovely dog, good breakfast and well-equipped room which is beyond my expectation in such affordable price. It is also a great place to meet people from all over the world. If I am back to Istanbul one day, I'll definitely stay in cheers hostel again.

Awesome location with the view of Aya Sofya. The staff is superb. Thank you so much.

Really loved this hostel. It's in a perfect location to see historic buildings and museums and has great access to public transport for all other regions of Istanbul. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the main star of the show is Zaman the Hostel Dog! He is always happy to see you :-) would highly recommend Cheers hostel. Thanks for a great stay!

• 5th Nov 2015

I've stayed at a lot of hostels(3 in Istanbul). Cheers is by far most social hostel I've seen. Awesome ambience, great place to connect with other guests. Awesome barbeque in the terrace. I'm coming back soon. Cheers! :)