Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Perfect location, close to almost every touristic place! Nice staff, great rooftop bar. The room (6 female beds) was good too, although it could have more plugs. Recommended :)

Very good hostel with very nice staff. Only problem is that the rooms are without keys and the lockers do not fill big bags, but we did not feel any problems of security. Wifi in the rooms and public areas.

Staff were awesome! Location was brilliant. The vibe at Cheers was really fun, but relaxed.

• 13th Jun 2015

We loved staying at Cheers! The location is amazing and the staff are even better. The rooms are huge and always clean with free lockers provided. Great value for money, as everything is within a short walking distance. We will definitely stay there again!

Best free breakfast ever!! An amazing pub crawl led by Ahmet! He kept us all together and safe! Took us to 3 great clubs all for free! With a cheap bus caravan from the hostel! I can't speak enough about how much we loved our stay at cheers! The friends we have made will forever be in our hearts! They set us up with an incredible Bosporus boat cruise tour! U can't miss this!! And the location is perfect!! We felt very safe! Great restaurants and shopping and site seeing! We will be back!

• 12th Jun 2015

This is a very good hostel in an excellent central location on the Sultanahamet district. The rooms are fine for the price. I in fact ended up in a double bed in a shared dominatory which was a nice surprise as I had only booked a single. The staff are extremely friendly and integrate with the guests. This gives you a great chance to get to know them and get tips from them. There is a bar on the third floor which is great for meeting people and they also arrange barbecues and pub crawls.

• 11th Jun 2015

Absolutely amazing hostel! I highly recommend if you're looking for a place to stay in Istanbul. great location, clean facilities, fantastic atmosphere and the friendliest staff who were always there to help you out and make sure that you were having a great time! Thank you to you all!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. So glad I chose Cheers Hostel as my first stop for this trip. Ahmet, Tarik, Sinan, Nury, Olga and all the others running the place were always super friendly and showed me around + took us out to a lot of local places I never would've known, this was especially great as it's my first solo trip. Also make sure you are there for Ahmet's famous Saturday pub crawl! Met a ton of lifelong friends here and was very sad to leave. Will definitely be back again!

Excellent hostel. Had a fantastic time, staff were extremely helpful, and provided great suggestions on where to go around the city. Rooms were large and uncrowded, with one bathroom per room. Rooftop bar was a great place to hang out, with a great view of Aya Sofia. Overall fantastic stay, will come back again

Fantastic hostel 2min walk from the best sights in Istanbul. The staff were amazing and very friendly. I would definitely go back to cheers on my next trip to Istanbul.

The best hostel I've ever been to. Great location, wonderful staff, amazing people. I can't speak highly enough about the place. I'll be coming back here in September and can't wait for my next stay. Thanks Cheers!!!

• 10th Jun 2015

Very nice hostel, located in the heart of the old town, very outgoing and friendly staff.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was amazing: short walk to Topkapi Palace, and about 5 other attractions that are 500 -2000 years old. Breakfast included lots of options. This is the place I'd recommend to hostelers in Istanbul.

Staff was friendly and helpful. The environment promotes a social experience. Everyone wants to get to know everyone in the hostel. Music is playing almost 24/7. Cheers to the Cheers hostel!

• 9th Jun 2015

I absolutely loved Cheers Hostel. They made my stay in Istanbul amazing and I would definitely come back. The staff takes the time to get to know you and the atmosphere provided by the hostel is very welcoming. It is community centered so I was able to make lots of friends to sightsee and go out with. It's in a fabulous location; you can see Hagia Sophia from the roof top bar! It was very clean and the free breakfast was delicious. If you're coming to Istanbul, stay here!

Cheers has a fantastic team. I was only in Istanbul for 1 day and they had me convinced to change my flight to stay longer. The facility is centrally located and has a great atmosphere. They really care that everyone has a great time. Can't wait to go back!

We had a delux room in adjacent hotel owned by cheers hostel. Great views of Hagia Sophia from our room. Staff were excellent so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was awesome and plentiful. Only letdown for us was no room service or clean towels after 4 days. For €80 a nite thought that would have been included. Location perfect to all Istanbuls must see .

This hostel was great - really enjoyed our stay here. In particular, the staff were fantastic - very friendly, and extremely helpful with advice and tips on the best things to see and do in Istanbul in our limited stay.

The staff were very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The manager gave excellent local dining recommendations and went out of his way to make me feel welcome. Respect!

Great place the stay. The staff are super friendly and it is always a good time at the roof top bar! Would definitely stay there again!

• 6th Jun 2015