Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

The hostal is really good located, the staff is very friendly and helpful, especially SINAN. HE made our trip special by offering THE BEST ADVICE ever. I like the fact, that they have a dog, it gives the hostal a personal touch. The facilities are modern and the bathrooms are cleaned every day. There´s nothing not to like at this hostal. I would definitely stay there again.

The staff is wonderful and really helpful. The bar is quaint with a great view of Hagia Sofia. Everything else is also in walking distance.

• 28th Oct 2015

Had a wonderful stay at Cheers Hostel! Staff members were so nice and welcoming, and very helpful too. A fantastic location in Istanbul, right next to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. My friends and I were in the 8 person room and it was very spacious and clean. Breakfast was good, and we had lots of afternoon Turkish tea! The dog is also adorable! Will definitely return to Istanbul and stay at Cheers again.

• 26th Oct 2015

Very nice hostel, has a small and nice bar on top with a Great view to Hagia Sophia. Lockers with key inside the rooms, clean bathroom/shower.. The price is fair including the breakfast. Is 200 meters from GÜLHANE station and about 500 meters from SULTAN AHMET station, close to all the main attractions in sultan Ahmed and also about 10 minutes walking to Eminönü area (is a nice walk) by the sea and bridges, about 20ish to Taksim also. The staff is very nice and helpful they have also good maps

Staffs are really friendly. We booked a private room; it was great except the bathroom. Great location. Water pressure is low in our room.

1. Great staff: everyone was super helpful and friendly 2. Superb location, very close to most of the historic places and walking distance from trams/ferries that can take you anywhere you want in the city 3. One of the most social hostels I have been to. The bar upstairs is always full of people willing to chat over a few beers after an exhausting day! Will definitely be coming back!

Great stay. The folks at the front desk were very helpful in planning the rest of our Turkey trip.

Good things: The location is so convenient and the staff is very friendly . Some improvement areas: Water pressure in the washroom was low and needs some work. Sofas in the all the sitting areas can be repaired. If possible guests should be allowed to use the kitchen if required.

Excellent hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful. There wasn't many people staying when I went so the upstairs bar was not open but the owner organised people to go into Taksim instead. I highly recommend this hostel if you are looking for a place to stay near the main attractions in Istanbul. However if you are looking for a close proximity to night-life, stay in Taksim. Otherwise, it will cost only 15 Lira to get to the other side of town.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at and I LOVED the dog!!

room doors do not lock but there are in room lockers they seem a bit pushy with selling you organized Turkey tours and give you very little (unsolicited) info on Istanbul, which is very different from most of my other pleasant hostel experiences

I had a great stay at Cheers - all the staff were really welcoming and the hostel had a perfect atmosphere for meeting other travellers. Super central location, big rooms, awesome breakfast - would stay again for sure!

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in - I even ended up extending my visit by a few days because I liked it so much here! The staff are so friendly, they all make a point of learning your name and making conversation with you, and they are all really dedicated to making sure everyone has a really good time in Istanbul. The atmosphere is also great thanks to the bar with its amazing view, and the free breakfast is healthy and delicious! Highly recommended all round, thanks Cheers!

• 17th Oct 2015

Everything was absolutely PERFECT ! I strongly recommend it to anyone. If you have to stay a couple of days (or more) in this amazing city, don't hesitate one minute more : go to Cheers Hostels ! Many many thanks to all the staff. Joséphine

• 16th Oct 2015

Very friendly staff, helpful w/ local information and restaurants suggestions. Very clean & excellent breakfast!

You guys are fantastic! Thanks you so much for all of your hospitality and the good times!

• 16th Oct 2015

Cheers is everything that a fantastic hostel should be. Our private suite far exceeded our expectations, the included breakfast was awesome- loads of fresh fruit and made-to-order coffee. The upstairs lounge/bar had an unreal, view of the Hagia Sophia, and the location was perfect. The biggest highlight though was the hospitable, genuinely helpful and friendly staff. We traveled last-minute and they bent over backwards to help us figure out what to do in the city and how. Thannks Ahmet & Olga!!

Cheers hostel was amazing! Tarik, Ahmet, Olga and of course Zamen were all so nice and made my stay comfortable and easy. The hostel is in the best location to visit all the major sites and they are super helpful with organizing day trips for you aswell. I wish I could have stayed longer and I will definetly stay there again should I go back to Istanbul.

We stayed in one of the "Cheers Exclusive" private rooms and it was better than most of the hotels we stayed while on our trip. Everyone who works there is great, the location cannot be beat, and there's a friendly golden retriever to pet when you just need a break from petting cats.

Excellent hostel. Staff are very accommodating & friendly. Good location which is close to everything. Would highly recommend.