Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

The location of the hostel was perfect, the staff super nice. I would come back to this hostel next time i visit Istanbul!

One of the best places I've stayed in years. Everithing was perfect and I really mean it. Comfortable rooms (I've stayed in 8-bed dorm, 4 nights), nice food, clean bathrooms, wi-fi, spectacular view at St. Sophia from the bar. And of course the staff - love you, guys!

cheers hostel is the place to be if you want take a good time staff is so nicely, atmosphere too enjoyed it l wıll back agathe from france

• 20th Dec 2013

We stayed at Cheers Hostel in our vacations in December 2013 and we loved it!. the location in excellent, you can easily get to all the most important places and the installations are clean, I guess the most important factor was the hospitality of the staff: Olga makes the most delicious apple tea, also Tarik was great in helping us get our luggage when it didnt arrive on time due to problems with the airline. We will definitely stay here again when we go back to Istanbul. Thanks for everything!

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

I never write reviews for anything but I had to for this hostel. I LOVE CHEERS HOSTEL. First the location is PERFECT. It is walking distance from all the major sites ie. Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and grand baazar. The tram is right there too if you need to take it. It is EXCEPTIONALLY clean and safe with a wonderful breakfast. All that aside, what really makes it stand out is the incredibly staff. I have fallen in love with them. They are so friendly and fun and kind. I am sad to go.

• 17th Dec 2013

For someone who, in his youth, stayed in many hostels, but now prefers a private room and bath, while "hosteling", this place and location is terrific. The top floor bar with view is unique. Shuttle service works well. Breakfast basic and healthy. Easy to leave bags if necessary. Good advice on dealing with Istanbul. Great Tour Service for city and country. It was a "hoot"---thanks for two very pleasant stays. Hope other family members stay there, however it is not for my pampered wife.

• 15th Dec 2013

Staff were amazing and friendly. Loved that there were two common areas for guests to hang out. Would definitely recommend it to those going to Istanbul.

Great hostel. - Very good service and hospitality - Very clean - Very fresh, simple continental breakfast in the morning (Turkish tea, hard boiled eggs, fresh bread, fruit, apples, vegetables, yogurt) - Safe; things do not get stolen here - Free Wifi (although only 1-2 mbs a second, it is fine for basic needs) - Online booking - Staff can advise tourists how not to get ripped off (which is common in Istanbul)

• 13th Dec 2013

Cheers Hostel is the best hostel that I have stayed at! The staff are extremely friendly, acommodating and very helpful. The facilities were very clean, the atmosphere is very laid back, and also the view from the rooftop terrace is amazing. I enjoyed my stay here at Cheers Hostel, and I definitely recommend it. I will hopefully be back one day soon!

• 4th Dec 2013

Love these guys. The staff is awesome, the location is perfect for exploring some of the more traditional areas of Istanbul. They have a bar where everyone gathers and socializes, a full breakfast every morning, and multiple wifi routers throughout the hostel so that most rooms have good access. Highly recommend this place!

Its a pretty decent Hostel; the price is quite affordable and its in the center of town, with easy links to the metro. The facilities are quite decent and the staff are friendly. Furthermore, it has a lovely roof top bar. Also, it offers breakfast, which is quite uncommon in my hosteling experience. However, if you have a lot of stuff their lockers are only able to accommodate your valuables. Overall I would stay here again

Cheers hostel has a great set up with an awesome roof top bar for pre drinks or for all night long. The staff really make you feel welcome and help you with everything, that's why I'm back for a second time here!

• 30th Nov 2013

Awesome place to stay, great atmosphere and the staff are super friendly, especially Tarik who always makes you feel welcome when you walk through the door :)

Thank you for making my stay wonderful!

• 28th Nov 2013

If you are travelling alone and it's your first time in Istanbul, I don't think you will find another hostel as great as Cheers. I will enumerate the reasons to make it easier: 1.) Value for money 2.) Location 3.) ROOFTOP BAR! 4.) THE AMAZING STAFF!

Your a stupid person if you choose to stay anywhere else. Tarik is a kewl dude as are the rest of the staff.

Cheers is the best hostel I have stayed in yet! The staff really cares about everyone who stays there and is more than willing to help in any way possible. The building is clean, cozy, and the beds are comfortable. The bar at the top of the hostel is fun and makes the hostel a social place. I made many friends there and had a blast going out with them and the staff. Thanks for an excellent stay in Istanbul Cheer staff!

You can see the Hagia Sofia from the rooftop bar - nothing more surreal than having a nice beer and reflecting on the 1500 years of history that passed just a stones throw away. The staff are friendly if a bit sarcastic (probably a cultural humor thing). The rooms were nice with comfortable bed. The hostel could do with more powerpoints near the beds. I dont like leaving my phone out to charge in the middle of the room. Good party/chill out vibe. The rooms are quiet but the rooftop bar lively.

Cheers hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I was a solo traveller on a European trip. I stayed in one of the private double rooms. The room was pretty good; clean and spacious. Plus it also hand multiple power points to charge various items. The atmosphere is amazing; lots of people wanting to make friends and explore this cool city together. The staff are very helpful and welcoming, always available to assist guest in anything they require. The location could not be beaten.

There's no Istanbul without Cheers Hostel. We stayed there from 24th to 29th of november, and it was one of the best experience ever in a hostel. The place is so cool, and the staff is very helpful and friendly, the view from the terrace bar is stunning and it's a great way to hangout and chill with new friends. We looking forward to come back in Cheers for a new adventure. Great atmosphere and closed to the main historical sites. Alessandro e Lorenzo

• 24th Nov 2013