Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

I highly recommend this hostel. The location is awesome within walking distance to most of the main sights (blue mosque, grand bazaar). The staff couldn't be more helpful and Tony's pub crawl and BBQ night was awesome. The rooms are clean and with AC it's not too hot which is amazing given how hot Istanbul is.

Amazing! Epic view of the Sofia mosque, perfect location for seeing everything in old town, the staff were so friendly and always aiming to make your stay the best. Would recommend it to everyone and I'll defs be staying there whenever I go to Istanbul!

• 18th Jul 2014

Our time at cheers was awesome!! We were in a six person female dorm which was very large and clean. Our roommates were all nice and not loud. All of the receptionists were very friendly and super eager to help in any way. On our last night we had drinks at the rooftop bar with the receptionist Tony who was a lot of fun! I will absolutely stay at the hostel again, our stay was fantastic!

• 17th Jul 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff go , great position near all the sites, nice homely atmosphere and lovely breakfast taken out in the fresh air under the shady vines! Thank you out of their

Cheers hostel is incredible! The staff are extremely friendly and fun, Tarick was very helpful and made me feel very welcome and Tony (the rum lover) kept me entertained with his antics and inability to play chess. It was easy to meet people here with the bar and small dining area. . It is also close to all main attractions so you won't be disappointed at cheers. Overall I couldn't fault it, I am returning for another night after spending 2 weeks travelling around Turkey. Cheers

• 16th Jul 2014

Fantastic place in the heart of Old Istanbul. The staff here made my stay worth every minute. Very easy to get to, clean rooms, helpful staff and good atmosphere for a few beers atthe upstairs bar. All the guys made me feel welcome. I went traveling through Turkey and left my main luggage at the hostel. When I returned, it felt like coming home.

Glorious stay with lovely staff!!

• 12th Jul 2014

Great place to stay, nice bar, great views of Hagia Sofia.. Beds are Cindy, the breakfast was the best I've had on my trip, and the staff go above and beyond to make your stay awesome, they basically bows everything for me, I didn't have to lift a finger! The pub crawl was a lot of fun too! Cheers!!

it is a really good place i highly recommend this place it has a good location just few minutes walk to the blue mousique and the chuch as well as the undergroud city the staffs there are really friendly and nice the room is clean and comfy good place if you want to stay in Istanbul

Second time I stay at this hostel. Excellent location in the area of Sultanahmed. Great roofterrace with bar which makes it easy to socialize with other peope. Avoid to stay in 3 floor (below the bar) if you want to go early to sleep, because they play music to 1 am. Tony and Tarik (and one more guy) are really helpfull with organizing activities, which makes things a lot easier in such a big city. Thanks a lot for the stay. I would definitely go back.

very good location; very nice staff; very nice breakfast;(lots of fruits); very nice room: reasonable prices; highly recommend;

The bathroom could use an overhaul. Not good enough for a room in this category.

• 10th Jul 2014

Great hostel in a great location. The staff were amazing, so helpful and welcoming. İ would recommend the hostel to anyone comıng to Istanbul. Im a solo female traveller and I felt so safe and welcomed here. It has a great atmosphere and ıs a great way to meet people as they have such a frıendly envıronment. I wıll stay here agaın ıf I come back to Istanbul, ıt has been a real hıghlıght of my trıp.

• 9th Jul 2014

The staff are INCREDIBLE!! Will go to no ends to help you. Best staff I have eever had to deal with and I have traveled quite a bit! No locks on dorm room doors is annoying but lockers in rooms is good. Great location. Pub crawls and all world cup games organised. Everything was cleaned everyday so NO bed bugs :D would come here everytime im in Istanbul. .. for dorms or as a couple. Love ya Tony and co!

I had a fantastic welcome into Turkey at cheers. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to stay. The location was fantastic and the staff were immensely friendly and helpful. I'm going to miss sitting out in the garden and talking with friends! Best wishes to the whole Cheers crew!

• 9th Jul 2014

This is a great hostel!!! Cute, fun, perfect location with the most amazing view from the roof top bar area. All the staff were fantastic and the hostel has a great travellers vibe. As I was travelling alone and I found it great to meet people, and the hostel offered group nights out, which were really fun and showed the great night life of Istanbul, even during ramadan. I was really happy with everything and would recommend this hostel to anyone!!!!!!!!!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Tony ,the host, is a very helpful and entertaining guy. Place and staff friendly. Tony helped make bookings for us and was very obliging. Would stay there again.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The location is great, but the staff is even better... free wifi, an amazing breakfast, the top terrace bar with stunning views over Hagia Sophia... on the check out day they let me stay as much as I wanted there.... 100% recommended ... Best regards to all the staff from Spain!!!!!!!!

We had a prívate double room for 4 nights. The room was only cleaned once and only because I requested it. There were hairs all over the sink.

The location couldn't be any closer to the attractions - it's wonderful! The staff was friendly and fun (my new best friend Tony)! They have a lovely dog I made friends with.. And the breakfast is delicious :). I wouldn't reccommend anywhere else!! Cheers is simply the best :).

• 1st Jul 2014