Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location – easy walk to light tram, restaurants and major sites. Staff was very warm and friendly. Our shared ‘Lemon Tree’ dorm room was large, clean, very comfortable and quiet. Simple but excellent continental breakfast buffet. Roof top terrace bar has great views of Haag Sophia….nice place to bring breakfast. Overall, felt very safe staying here – a gem of a hostel!. Only thing to make it more perfect – having swipe key lock/access on dorm doors ??

This is my 5.th stay in cheers Hostel and will be come back again. Very friendly Tarik. Thanks for ewerything. I Love Zaman, the lovely Dog from Cheers Hostel.

Nice hostel in the sultanahmet district of istanbul. Close to sophia hagia and the blue mosque. A tram station is close for trips to Beyoğlu. Everything is good. The hostel has a nice bar. Employees a very friendly and open. A nice dog stays at day and night looking out for the guests. I felt that the security could be improved as there was no lock preventing people to enter the dorm who do not stay there. However there was no such incident and a day and night there was an employee at the desk.

Cheers was literally the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The entire staff goes above and beyond to make sure you're comfortable and taken care of. They also offer priceless recommendations for the city and how to get around. The amazing breakfast and Zaman, the hostel dog, were also major highlights of my stay. Can't say enough good things about it. I'm definitely coming back for all my trips to Istanbul.

• 30th Apr 2014

Very nice hostel in a great location. Nice Staff, breakfast on the outside terace nice also. beautiful view from the rof bar. The owner also help us to sent back our camera I had forgot in the hostel room

• 30th Apr 2014

Amazing terrace and break area! The staff was very nice to us as our room got upgraded and they let us shower after checking out. Perfect location, great wifi reception and breakfast included. What more can I ask for a hostel?

I really enjoyed my time at Cheers Hostel, the staff is really friendly, the rooms are very nice and the location excellent! You can't ask for more.

• 27th Apr 2014

Hostel located at the centre of the old city of Sultanahmet, the blue mosque & the Hagia Sophia museum just right opposite where you can walk within 3 mins. The hostel staff was extremely friendly & fun, I remember his name Tarik. He was the funniest Turkish guy I met during my stay. He like to have jokes and of course hostel bed was perfectly clean & comfort. The best rooftop bar they have and you can meet with new friends. The bar just facing with Hagia Sophia museum. GORGEOUS, AMAZZZING!!

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Staff were very welcoming and helpful for our entire stay and rooms were big and comfortable. The rooftop bar was a highlight whether for a couple of drinks or a chill out in the afternoon looking over Hagia Sophia. Wonderful experience! I'll be back!

• 27th Apr 2014

Everything was excellent. Staff is very friendly. Beds are super comfortable!. İt is very well located in Sulthanamet area, very close to all mayor highlights

Great team, great hostel! We had a private room, which are in a separate building a few blocks up; not ideal for breakfast, but the location is great! Breakfast could maybe use an extra option like cereal/juice but overall we really enjoyed our time at Cheers! Many thanks to the team, especially Ahmed.

• 24th Apr 2014

Great hostel! Super nice people, clean and good breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

I stayed at the hostel for 5 nights and I have to say after travelling Europe extensively and having stayed at a fair share of hostels, I would highly recommend Cheers Hostel to any traveller. Not only were the rooms spacious, the location was perfect and the staff including Tarik were hospitable and helpful in every way possible. Will be back there for sure if I revisit Istanbul!

• 20th Apr 2014

Great hostel. Fantastic location to all the sites, especially Aya Sophia which is literally at the end of the street. Really friendly and helpful staff. Good atmosphere, great roof top bar. Great breakfast. No locks on dorm rooms, but there are individual lockers in the rooms for valuables.

We stayed at a two-bed room and it was good value for the money. The staff was very friendly and supportive (advice, made calls in Turkish if enquired, served apple tea with a cinnamon bar inside :-) ), the dog was lovely, the location of the hostel is great if you want to see the world famous sights and the area is quiet at nights. All in all a great experience except for one thing: somebody entered our room and stuff was moved but nothing was removed (no towels exchanged, no room service).

şerefe Tarik, Selim, Naci and Ahmed!I We had such a great time at that place! The staff was awesome and out of all hostels we've been to, this was the one we felt most home. All the staff members know our names, the breakfast was excellent (we didn't even know it was included before we came!) And to be honest: The bar is the place to be among all the hostel bars in Instanbul! Theres no other place where you can have a beer and have the best view straight to Hagia Sophia!

Once coing to Cheers you feel like at home. The people working there are more than great. Helpful, nice, absolutely amazing. The hostel is less than 5 minutes from Hagia Sophia and you can see it from the roof bar-absolutely fabulous view. The atmosphere - amazing. People are like one big family.The breakfast is included in price, anytime you want the guys will prepare you the tea or coffee - especially apple tea. Will definitely come back to Cheers if I happen to be in Istanbul again.

I absolutely loved this hostel and the people in it. Nothing bad to say. Also, one of the employees has a dog that visits so if you're a dog person, this is definitely the hostel for you. If not, he's very well behaved and will leave you alone.

The Cheers team was extraordinary friendly and helpful. They are there for their guests at any time and support you with any questions that come up during your trip. First we wanted to only stay at cheers hostel for to nights and then move on to another place, but as we were really happy with our room, we decided to stay until the end of our trip. Thanks for the great stay and wonderful service!

• 15th Apr 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great staff, very clean, and no issues or problems. Nice bar on the top floor where you can socialize With others.