Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

I've stayed at countless hostels around the world and this is easily my favorite! The location is fantastic, including a rooftop bar with a stunning view of Hagia Sofia. The staff is great - especially Tony, who makes you feel right at home (and leads great pub crawls!). Breakfast (included!) is hearty. It's safe and clean. Honestly, I don't know how it could be any better. Stay at Cheers. You won't regret it.

• 30th Jun 2014

We had a great time staying at Cheers. The location was ideal as we could easily walk to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. From the hostel bar, there's a beautiful view of Hagia Sofia too. The staff went out of their way to be hospitable and kind to us. Tony helped arrange a Bosphorous boat cruise, helped us with planning day trips, taking ferries, etc, even helped us with shopping and bargaining. In addition to having a great stay at the hostel, we left with new friends which is always awesome.

• 29th Jun 2014

I had an amazing stay at Cheers Hostel! I stayed one night in the large first floor mixed room. A friend met me there and we got a private room for the rest of our week long stay. I can't say enough about the amazing staff. They were absolutely wonderful. Tony was pretty new and still had a ton of great activity recommendations for us. The bar atmosphere upstairs was perfectly chill while still conducive to meeting people and starting conversations. It couldn't have been a better stay!

• 28th Jun 2014

Clean, fun and friendly Hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great place to stay! Walking distance to all the sights that you wanted to see (blue mosque, grand bazaar, spice market, etc.). The staff are all phenomenal, Tony welcomed me and gave me directions to sights and places to eat every day! Plus you can relax with everyone from the hostel, at night in the bar upstairs. Highly recommend!

• 28th Jun 2014

It is really good hostel! It's close to the must see places just 2 mins walk.(coollllll) The staff are really friendly and helpful. I really love the breakfast(many fruits)with Turkish coffee/tea and the room is real nice, I can feel the fresh air and the bed is comfortable. I really enjoyed staying here and I wish I could stay longer! :D

Great boutique hostel with the best staff you will find. Tony, Tarek and all the guys will make you feel at home. Location is close to blue mosque and topkapi palace. Perfect for solo travellers. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Had an amazing time here. Wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• 27th Jun 2014

My first time in Istanbul and choose this place based on what i read here on Hostelworld and it lived up to the great reviews! Perfect location in the old part of town, all the main attractions are within 5 min walk , and has the coolest rooftop terrace with a perfect view of Hajia Sophia, loved exploring the city every night and kicking back on the rooftop bar every night with the coolest bartender and sharing stories. The staff are awesome, and go out of their way to make sure happy!

• 26th Jun 2014

It was my first time traveling alone since my travel partner got called away for work so I was a bit nervous as a first time hostel staying lone female traveler. As soon as I arrived to Cheers Hostel, I realized I had been worrying for nothing! Both staff and guests were super friendly. Staff was always there and went above and beyond to assist you in your every need or want and felt more like friends than staff. I went on a side trip and decided to come back for my last night in Istanbul!

• 26th Jun 2014

Nice hostel, nice people good breakfast.

• 21st Jun 2014

with the breakfast missed the fact that coffee wasn't real and the food not authentic Turkish.

The breakfast is amazing. They serve lots of fruits. Location couldn't be better. It is possible to visit the main attractions by foot.

I stayed at Cheers for 3 nights in an 8 dorm room and 1 night in a private room. Both rooms were perfectly confortable and clean. The only bad thing about the shared room was that we stayed at the third floor and there was just one bathroom for the whole floor and it was also the used by the people from the bar, so sometimes it got a bit dirty. The bar has a great atmosphere, the staff is so kind, so overall I really aprecciate my stay here.

It was strange that there was no keys to lock the door, and it was uncomfortable to think people could just bust in at any time. Each floor has 2 showers but only one toilet (for about 8 people or so). There should be one outlet per bed. Breakfast was very nice and location 3 minutes away from Sultanahmet.

one of the best hostel i ever been. the staff was absolutely amazing, very friendly and helpfully! very nice experience. we will be back for sure!! lorena and adrian

Love this hostel! Amazing rooftop, great location, free breakfast, clean and great bedding. Highly recommend.

The daily breakfast was great plus the staff were super helpful. Good place to stay if you are in Istanbul for a night or two.

The staff is awesome. They're super friendly and they really want you to have a good time. The rooms and facilities are nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. The terrace bar on the top floor is a great place to hang and meet people and the view is breathtaking. We made some wonderful friends up there. Breakfast (included) is also really good. Again, nothing fancy, mostly raw fruits and veggies and some hard boiled eggs, but it's all fresh, and very tasty after a long night out.

Cheers Hostel is the best. Seriously. If you're young travelers looking to discover Istanbul, look no farther. Staff is amazing-open with recommendations and will go completely out of their way to help. Located in the heart of the old city, you can walk to all major sites. Their rooftop bar has amazing views of the Hagia Sofia, and is always filled with travelers from all over-an awesome way to connect. Whether traveling alone, as a couple or a group, Cheers is the place for you. Thanks Cheers!!

• 10th Jun 2014

LOVE this hostel had the best time would defently come back next time im in istanbul great location staff are really good friendly vibrant atmosphere really enjoyed myself =) thanks guys