Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Location was fantastic! Hostel is conveniently located near the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque, only 5min away. I love spending time in the hostel, and having breakfast is definitely my favourite activity of the day. Cheers Hostel also has a rooftop bar that is just a superb place to hangout. Above all, all of the working staff at the hostel were awesome, funny and friendly. (: i felt very welcome and well received.

We stayed in a private dorm: everything was excellent. Great location, super helpful and friendly staff, clean facilities. Had a small problem with a leaking shower hose; told it at the reception and it got fixed within one hour! Couldnt wish for anything more.

Brilhant holidays, brilliant New Years, brilliant people, I want to tks everyone from cheers hostel and what I have to tell is: everything was perfect, tks Ahmet, Salim, olga and all staffs from cheers hostel that make my New Years, see you next time istambul and all friends that I made by this time, see you somewhere around the world.

Amazing hostel! Absolutely nothing to complain. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, really good breakfast, super friendly and funny staff. It's really easy to meet new people, for example while having a beer in the roof top bar. New years eve party was A LOT of fun! Thank you guys!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Both the location and staff get 5 stars +++ in my opinion. The breakfast is really good, something I looked forward to every day. I always felt welcomed each time I came into the lobby with warm welcomes from all the staff and guests. I loved cheers so much that I booked an additional 5 nights at the hostle after touring around turkey. I hope that I can return soon.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staff is the best I've ever experienced. Great location! Bar gets really noisy if you are on the upper floors and want to sleep, but if you want to party it's great!

from the moment i arrived at this hostel i was made feel very welcome. It was one of the best hostels I've stayed in and ive stayed in many! This was purely down to the staff and how the hostel is run. Thank you all so much to all the staff in cheers hostel for making my trip to Istanbul a fabulous experience.

• 29th Dec 2014

So wonderful hostel! Nice staffs Nice Place

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Japan

What a great experience: super friendly helpful and always available staff and the most incredible position right next door to the blue mosque and the Aya Sofya. There is a really atmospheric enclosed roof deck with bar and an amazing view over to the Aya Sofya in addition. I was a solo traveller and the layout of the hostel really helped bring people together. The beds were very clean, rooms are generously sized, spotless bathrooms and hot water was always available. I will be back...

Love love love this place.. Throughout my stay the hostel became home and I looked forward to returning after a long day sight seeing. The guys are so welcoming and accommodating and the atmosphere is so relaxed. Everyone joined together and it was great to meet everyone traveling, who needs a phone/laptop in this place, always someone to chat to, which is a highlight for me. The bar upstairs is a gem, amazing views and amazing staff! Definitely recommend and I will return!!!

• 27th Dec 2014

My 2nd time staying here, and it just gets better. The hostel is great by itself, but the guys (and gal) that work there make this hostel an amazing experience. Thank you Tarik, Ahmet, Olga, Sinan, Hakan, Selim and Onur for such kindness and hospitality. Looking forward to my next visit!

Cheers is the most amazing hoste I've ever been to.It was my second time there and for the second time I made sure it's one and only.The staff are just great,making everybody feel like one big family,the people staying there more than amazing too. If I will come for the third time to Istanbul I will choose Cheers again for sure.

Amazing Hostel! Would highly recommend it to anyone traveling in Istanbul!

• 27th Dec 2014

It's good place to stay with really good location. And staffs are very helpfull. The price is reasonable.

• Thailand

This is HANDS DOWN the best hostel I've stayed at. The staff make you feel like family the minute you walk in the door, and make sure you have everything you need at all times (even if it's as simple as a cup of apple tea when you come in after a cold day). Everything functions perfectly, and is clean. The location is absolutely perfect for touristing, but really, the best part of this hostel are the amazing, incredible people that run it and the people it attracts. Don't stay anywhere else!

I've stayed at a lot of hostels in my time and Cheers is easily at the top. Everyone that works here is incredible from the cleaning crew to the night receptionist. Cheers has the best hostel breakfast i've ever had. Incredible location, you won't ever have to go very far. And to say that fun times can be had at the bar is quite the understatement. My home in Istanbul.

Absolutely LOVED this place. The staff is amazing, always ready to help you, and they know everyone by their names, what makes you feel welcomed! I got the 10 bed dorm, which was very spacious and clean. The shower is good and the breakfast is perfect! Make sure you hit the bar upstairs for a nice view and a great time. Ask Olga for food recommendation, the girl knows it!! Overall, had the greatest time there. I'll most defenately come back and recommend it to everyone!

Everyone one is great at cheers hostel. Really helpful. Faculties are really clean and location is perfect

• 21st Dec 2014

Great hostel. One of the best I have been to lately. Staff is awesome. Location can't be beaten. I would definitely recommend it.

I recommend very much the cheers hostel. Staff is excellent, couldn't be better! Ahmed, Olga, Tariq, Issa? If you are travelling alone or not is a very good place to know people. They have two "social" areas, the reception and the bar, after minutes sitted in one of them you be already in a conversation with someone from a different part of the world. The hostel is a bit noisy in the upper floors, if you don't like nightlife maybe is not your place, but if you like, don't think twice!

• 20th Dec 2014