Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

We enjoyed staying at cheers, the staff are extremly friendly & helpful! The location is the best, right in the middle of everything such as the blue mosque, grand bazar, spice bazar & many wonderful restaurants. The terrace bar is amazing with a beautiful view of sofia hagia, however beware of the beer punch, it is as the name states, packs a punch. Would definatley stay here again.

• 28th May 2015

My stay at Cheers Hostel was my first in a hostel EVER, and I loved it! From our arrival, when my daughter and I were greeted by the warm and friendly Tarik, Olga, Ahmet and Sinan, plus gorgeous resident dog Zaman, to the (sad) moment we had to bid goodbye to our new friends, everything was wonderful. Hugs, apple tea, doggy licks and all the info we needed made our holiday perfect. The location is unbeatable, our room was comfortable and spotless, breakfast was delicious. Everything top rate!

Cheers definetly made my stay in Istanbul more memorable and comfortable at the same time! - The hostel is literally 2 minutes walking from the cities greatest attractions, Haga Sofia, Blue Mosque etc. - Fascilities are warm, clean and modern. - There is a roof-bar on the top, with the coolest bartender ever, a view of the Haga Sofia, and a spot to meet other travellers. - The staff are excellent at making it a social stay. The service is outstanding! - Fresh breakfast incl.

Hostel is located within walking distance of everything you need to see. The staff is very friendly and makes you feel welcome as soon as you walk in.

• 26th May 2015

The actual Cheers Hostel was shocking. We were shown to a twin room with ensuite. The bathroom was below third world standards. It was mouldy all around the shower and the ceiling was grey with mould and paint peeling off. Also the door did not lock from the inside. We complained and the owner was not happy, tried to justify the bathroom. He then moved us to the Sophia Hotel which he must also own. Much better better but I would not use them again in case I was put back into the Hostel building

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The facilities were clean and secure, and breakfasts were good. Even if you slept through breakfast and wandered in to ask a question, they made sure you at least got tea or coffee. It's just a few minute walk from the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace. Staff were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They remember everyone and make a point of saying hello and asking about what you've been up to. Plus, the dog is awesome.

Easy to meet people, draught beer with a view of hagia sofya from rooftop bar, the whole hostel was clean throughout, ridiculously close location to the essential attractions which is necessary if you're short of time, probably the nicest staff I've come across of any hostel and a general great atmosphere, nothing negative to say- I genuinely wouldn't stay anywhere else and will recommend to friends. Cheers guys! Sam & Tom

Clean, safe, excellent location and a staff that really cares about their guests. I travel the world staying in hostels and it does not get better than this. Cheers is excellent in every way.

The highlight of this hostel was definitely Tarik and all of his staff! They create such an awesome atmosphere, make everyone feel so welcome and won't hesitate to help you out with just about anything... If ever in Istanbul again I wouldn't stay anywhere but here! Can't go wrong with Cheers.

• 23rd May 2015

Location is absolutely fantastic, it's a 5 minute walk from the Basilica Cistern, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi! Breakfast is spot on, buffet style with fresh, healthy food and frothed Turkish coffee. I looked at staying around Beyoglu as well but actually after visiting that area, it's a bit out of the way but more of a nightlife haven. We actually stayed here twice in the end. All the staff are super friendly and we felt extremely welcome.

Only stayed one night but the staff was extremely helpful and welcoming! The hostel is walking distance from Hagia Sofia, you can literally see it from the front of the hostel behind some buildings. The staff helped me decide what I should see in the time I was there and helped arrange transport to the airport. Would definitely stay here again in the future!

Review from Chantal Goodey Time May 23, 2015 at 7:18 pm Smack bang in the centre of all the main tourist attractions and only a short walk to the sea to enjoy a boat trip on the ocean. Absolutely lovely people run Cheers; we were assisted to the hostel from the metro when the traffic was too bad for our taxi to complete the journey. Staff are very welcoming and helpful and a good laugh. Love the resident dog.We thought being Vegan would be an issue, but nope. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast.

• 20th May 2015

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff is genuinely concerned with you having the best time. They are so friendly, the facilities are great, and the atmosphere is perfect whether in a group or a solo traveler. Highly recommended and I can't wait to go back!

Such an amazing experience!! Thank you for the outstanding service :)

• 19th May 2015
  • Lyddiebug

The staff at Cheers Hostel really set this place apart from the rest. They've created a great vibe which attracts tons of awesome travellers. The place is clean, has great bathrooms, comfy beds, yummy breakfast and a perfect location. It's one of the most enjoyable places I've stayed at and I plan on coming back here any time I'm in Istanbul! Big shout out to Tarik, Ahmet, Sinan and Olga for being so fun and genuinely helpful. You guys have a good thing going here.

Excellent. Arranged a wonderful tour of turkey for me.

• 18th May 2015

I had the most amazing time in Istanbul and I have everyone at cheers hostel to thank for that. Not only is it located in the perfect spot with all the major sites just steps away it's just off a Main Street so it still haves a home vibe to it. The rooms where fantastic, the free breakfast was the best and to top it all off the staff are beyond amazing! I've traveled to over 60 countries and this has to be my favorite hostel, hands down!

Could not have been happier with Cheers Hostel. The location was perfect, the rooms were clean, and the staff were readily available to help with anything. Traditional Turkish breakfast was great and always had plenty of food, even when we slept in. Big thank you to Olga, Tarek, Sinan, and everyone else for your hospitality!

This was my third stay in Cheers hostel and it is a really great place!a very nice atmosphere,people of every age group are staying there and the staff is really,really friendly and welcoming.the private rooms are clean and very nicely made!

So we stayed at cheers hostel for 3 nights and booked a double room . It is very comfortable and is located directly in the city centre ! It was about 3 minutes to hagia sofia - but on the other side it wasn't loud around our house. I think cheers hostel is a good opportunity for a city trip to Istanbul! Also the breakfast was pretty nice: lots of fresh fruits and with love made coffee and tea :). I think cheers hostel is a good choice with a familiar atmosphere . I will come back guys !:)