Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

We loved our 4 night stay here, mostly because of the staff, who were fantastic! Thanks a lot!

The staff at Cheers are very helpful, knowledgable and always have time to answer your questions be it about the hostel or Istanbul. The bar at the hostel is a great place to socialise and the beer is the cheapest I found in Istanbul. The hostel is perfectly located and you can walk to the Frand Bazar and Blue Mosque in minutes but by catching the very locally placed tram you can be at the Gelata Tower across the river in 15/20 minutes. A great hostel, with great staff in a top location.

• 17th Sep 2015

Friendly staff, great location, clean. Switched to Cheers after staying at Metropolis Hostel whose staff was rude (especially some clown named 'Johnny') and it was a great decision. Had a blast at Cheers!

• 15th Sep 2015

I stayed in one of the Private rooms Cheers has, which are located in a separate building, about 3/5mins walking from the main one. The room/bathroom was great, great location also. The staff at Cheers is also amazing, everyone is very helpful and friendly, and the Hostel has a really nice vibe. I have only good things to say about Cheers, would definetly recommend it and stay there again.

• 14th Sep 2015

Really enjoyed my stay at Cheers hostel, the location was perfect for seeing the old town, just a short walk from all the main attractions. If you're looking to go out it's easy enough to get a taxi or a tram to a livelier part of Istanbul and all the staff are happy to recommend you places. Rooftop bar is also a huge plus point, great space for meeting people and beer is cheapest in the area.

• 14th Sep 2015

Cheers was everything we hoped for and more! The staff were SO VERY helpful, welcoming, friendly and nice! Our stay in Istanbul was wonderful thanks to them! We were greeted with nothing but smiles, helpful tips, suggestions and wonderful food, drinks and atmosphere at Cheers! Each person working there was nicer than the last! They were always there to answer questions and making sure we were enjoying our stay, not just at Cheers, but in Istanbul. We wouldn't stay anywhere else! Cheers Cheers!

• 14th Sep 2015

Superb place to stay in Istanbul. Olga is great, at checking she takes her time and sits down with u giving u a map and shows u all the attractions to visit. In fact all the Staff including the cleaning lady tried extremely hard to get to know u, they even call u by the first name. The facility is good but of course its an old building so don't expect like 3 star hotel accommodations. The dorm rooms were pretty big and provided with security lockers. The breakfast was superb I enjoyed my stay.

Extremely friendly staff. Willing to go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant time in Istanbul. Sinan and Ahmet are awesome! Definitely will come back.

• 13th Sep 2015

The hostel was in a great location, great staff who assisted me with all my requests. My room did not have a refrigerator or a television but these were available to me if I wanted them. The room was huge.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Amazing place to stay and the staff are fab!! Sinan was legend! Great location and place to meet others traveling. I would decently recommend!

• 9th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

There were lockers in the room but I found it unusual that there was no lock on the bedroom door. Some bedrooms were in a different building to reception etc. Most of the staff were lovely, some were less so. Great location, wifi, breakfast and bar.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff were so friendly and made you feel right at home, which was especially nice as I was traveling solo. The location was easily accessible by waking (right near the main attractions) or transit (if you were going further away). In addition, the breakfast was of really good quality and included coffee or tea. I loved having the staff plan a BBQ and take us out- really a great place to stay!

• 9th Sep 2015

One of the best hostels around with the staff making the place feel like home. They take the time to get to know each of their guests and make sure that they are getting the best out of Istanbul and Turkey. Location is also perfect.

Excellent location & atmosphere - the staff are so personable and really try to make sure you have a great time during your stay beyond the hostel and have plenty of advice to share about Istanbul and the rest of Turkey. Will stay here again when I return to this city!

• 8th Sep 2015

One of the best experiences in a Hostel I have stayed. Every person in the hostel knew me by name and would introduce me to other people. Was a very home like feel. Facilities were very clean and you could not ask for a better location. As an added bonus the Internet was very good which was great for a traveler who had to get some emails done. Lastly, the breakfast was delicious and had fresh fruit, vegetables, and eggs. A great money saver! All in all one of the best stays I had!

• 7th Sep 2015

Super friendly, well-located. Bar was really fun to hang out at. Just as an FYI if you book a private room you may be in a separate but nearby building which was totally fine by us. Breakfast included and great. Friended up with a bunch of the staff and would def stay again if passing through Istanbul.

• 6th Sep 2015

The best hostel I've stayed in with the best hostel dog too!! The staff were absolutely amazing and there for everything you need! Location is perfect for exploring the sights of Istanbul. The resident pooch Zaman is the best and the rooftop bar is a great spot to wind down with a few beers. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else when visiting Istanbul! Cheers!!

Awesome hostel! Was in a good spot and walking distance from everything. The staff were great- so friendly and welcoming and very accomodating to needs. Became absoloutely obsessed with the hostel dog, Zaman. Would recommend! Thanks Cheers you legends.

• 6th Sep 2015

Cheers was my favourite hostel on my whole trip! Special mentions to Mustafa up in the bar, you're amazing! We love you!

We had an amazing time! The staff were super nice, we went on a really fun pub crawl, and we felt really safe and welcome the entire stay. The breakfast was unbelievable and the location was perfect - near the train and also major tourist attractions so it was easy to get around. We would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone and would stay there again if we ever return to Istanbul :)