Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers is my favorite hostel in the world. I have intentionally booked extended layovers my last two visits to Istanbul just to come see my friends that work at Cheers. This hostel is a well-oiled machine. Every aspect of each of their properties is excellent. The attention to detail, but mostly the warmth of the people who work here are what brings me back over and over again. The kindness and sincerity of the staff is infectious to the people who stay. It always feels like family.

• 14th Feb 2015

Cheers Hostel is hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at in Europe. The first night I arrived they had a barbeque dinner where we all got to meet each other. The bar on the roof is great with an amazing view of the Hagia Sophia. I can not say enough about the staff. They know you by name, are always nice and help with everything. I dream about the Turkish breakfast they serve. I was initially worried about traveling to Istanbul alone, but Cheers Hostel made me feel like I was home!

• 13th Feb 2015

Location was superb, a few blocks from the Hagia Sofia, Basilica Cistern, Blue Mosque and Hop On/Off Bus. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful, and they interacted with the guests in a way that promoted a great sense of camaraderie. Be aware that they only take cash but there are ATMs located nearby, also they don’t have any single rooms so if you want a private room (as I did) you have to pay for both portions of a double room. I would definitely stay here again.

I had great time in this hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is in perfect area, it's easy to reach any touristic attraction. I dont have any bad world to say about this hostel, only positive things - amazing staff, clean room, perfect location, tasty breakfast and great bar in hostel.

This is easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at and that is coming from a guy who has seen his fair share of hostels. The staff are amazingly friendly, location is amazing, and the rooms are nice and clean. Go upstairs, have a beer next to the fireplace, and enjoy the view. Just like the tv show Cheers, you really feel like Cheers Hostel is a place where everybody knows your name.

• 13th Feb 2015

All was amazing, the staff made me feel at home all the time. The rooms are simply perfect and the location is great, walking distance to all the important atractions of the old city and breakfast was just the best of my trip! would recomend it to everybody!

Easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Came for the 4th and definately not last time! Thanks so much to all staff for making my trip special again!!

Cheers Hostel was definitely one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at. The staff is extremely hospitable and friendly that you feel right at home. It is in a wonderful location and feels completely safe. I would go back to Istanbul just to stay at Cheers Hostel again :)

• 12th Feb 2015

It felt like being home. We arrived and Olga asked our names, offered tea and gave us a tour through the four floors. Every staff knows your name and will offer a hot (and free!) beverage when they see you coming back from the cold, and will encorage you to join the group at the terrace every night for a beer. Whenever we needed directions/recomendations they were more than willing to help. Our room was spacious and I think it was the best bed I've ever had at a hostel. Im definitely coming back

• 10th Feb 2015
  • mergarciac
  • Argentina

This hostel made my trip to Istanbul phenomenal. I will definitely be coming back to this hostel and will recommend to everyone. If you want to have a great time then come here! The staff members (including Onur, Olga, Ahmet, Tarik, Selim, and many more!!) are amazing at what they do and are exceptionally accommodating. They did a great bbq and pubcrawl that was great fun! I never usually write reviews for hostels but I had to for this one because of how impressed I am. Thanks.

i recommend this hostel. good atmosphere, very friendly stuff, great location. stuff here are always willing to welcome you and help with everything. what impressed me most is when i travelled back to istanbul again. i arrived in the morning and will take flight at night. they welcome me home warmly and allow me to put my bag there and wait until night without any charge. i really appreciate it. i will surely come back if i come to turkey again.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • China

Cheers is an awesome hostel, I strongly recommend it! It's very centrally located, nice and clean with a bar on the top level which makes it easy to meet other travellers. Olga, Tarik, Ahmet and the rest of the cheers family that work there are amazing! Incredibly friendly and helpful! The bar crawl on the friday night that Ahmet ran was also lots of fun! Cheers hostel makes you feel at home and really helped make my stay in Istanbul a great one. I would 100% stay there again. Thanks guys!

• 8th Feb 2015

Lovely hostel located in the Sultanahmet area in walking distance of all the major attractions of the city. Rooms and bathroom facilities were very clean and the upper floor bar is a great place to hang out with other guests. Big thank you to Tarek and his staff for the help and their hospitality! I definitely stay there again on my next visit to Istanbul.

I had a wonderful time in the hostel, the people working there are amazing and you feel like being home. I'm sure I'm gonna be back again just to visit them. The breakfast is really good, the beds really confortable, the location is perfect, showers and bathrooms also are ok and the bar upstairs is great. I just loved my stay and I have to thank over all to Olga's advice and hospitality, she is so lovely and one of the best persons I've ever met. Moreover they do a delicious apple tea, don't mi

Perfect Hostel : located very close from all the important monuments, crew is simply the best, very clean... I recommend it to everyone.

• 7th Feb 2015

I loved my stay here and I forget his name-but the young guy with black hair who worked at the front desk was very helpful and nice even at early hours in the morning. Thanks for making me tea!! It was delicious. I had trouble getting to the hostel upon my arrival at Gulhane tram station and upon returning home at night from Gulhane tram station. I was so close, but I was not exactly sure where it was.

• 7th Feb 2015

Definitely one of the best hostels I've been to. And I have had a few. Istanbul is amazing but this place made it sooo much better! Amazing atmosphere, great facilities and above all super helpful and great staff!! Totally recommend this to enhance your Istanbul experience!

Great hostel in pretty much the perfect location. Very helpful and welcoming staff, without exception. Would happily stay here again. Thanks to all at Cheers

Highly recommended The biggest selling point is the staff, who are all extremely friendly and approachable. They were all willing to go out of their way to give travel tips, organise transport, answer queries etc. Gives the hostel a cool vibe and a very fun atmosphere. Most major attractions are within a few minutes of walking distance, the beds are very comfy and free of dodgy stains. Coming from NZ, only qualm is that people could smoke at the bar, but that is common everywhere in Istanbul.

The atmosphere in the hostel is great! Hospitality was also genuine and great!!! I would definitely come back to Cheers hostel, but here is why I cannot give a super good rating. I took a double room ensuite and for the price I was expecting something more: - The room was never done in the 4 nights that we stayed there - The water of the shower was either super-hot or super-cold - The toilet had no ventilation so all the smells got directly to the bed - I'm 1.96 and the bed is about 1.90