Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers was my favourite hostel on my whole trip! Special mentions to Mustafa up in the bar, you're amazing! We love you!

We had an amazing time! The staff were super nice, we went on a really fun pub crawl, and we felt really safe and welcome the entire stay. The breakfast was unbelievable and the location was perfect - near the train and also major tourist attractions so it was easy to get around. We would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone and would stay there again if we ever return to Istanbul :)

This hostel was incredible and the staff was so accommodating and friendly to ensure that my stay in Istanbul was enjoyable. The location is close to all the historical sites and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was great and Ahmet and Sinan at reception worked arduously to make sure that everything ran smoothly during our trip. I would zealously recommend this hostel to all my friends who visit Turkey.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff, the vibe...everything. From the minute I turned up to the end of my stay, the staff were always there to help, hang out, and give advice. Met some great people. Manages to be a social hostel without being an all out party hostel which is just perfect. I can't recommend this place enough. And the hostel dog is just AMAZING!

The breakfast was really good. I stay in Agora during my last trip and thought about staying in another spot and cheers was defnitly better with the great selections of breakfast. I also got a chance to meet other travelers who gave me great tips on the rest of the trip. The hostel is also located in the middle of sultament square.

Excellent location and staff! Walking distance to the most popular attractions and a terrific view of the Hagia Sophia from the top floor bar. The staff took a group of ~30 out Saturday night for a fun pub crawl. Ahmet was very helping checking us in and pointing out places on the map. Mustafa was a fun bartender and took the time to walk a mile to a hilltop cafe with a great view of Istanbul at night.

Very gentle people and optimistic, full of energy. The place is very nice, near everything. The pub crawl is very nice too!

Cheers incredible! Awesome location, met lots of friends, and staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful. Amit helped me organize a trip to Ephesus/Pamukkale/Cappadocia which was incredible, Mustafa at the bar was so much fun and brought us out to see some local nightlife, and Olga recommended lots of great traditional places to visit. I will definitely be back again. Cheers cheers!

• 3rd Sep 2015

Cheers is one of the best hostels I've been to. Everyone makes an effort to learn your name and make you feel at home. The rooms and bathrooms are really clean. Breakfast is great with tons of fresh fruits and vegetables. The bar terrace has an amazing view. Plus, Zaman is the best hostel dog. Some of the best staff ever. Went on a pub crawl and other guests were causing problems. Mustafa and Ahmet handled it with class and respect. Top notch all around.

Very good stay! Staff ıs great very helpful with any questions, especially Sinan! make your staying İstanbul great by staying at Cheers! Conveient locatıon to all the attractions ın the old cıty and walkıng distance to ferrıes and to Beyoğlu.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Very nice place to stay, espcially the bar with the great view and the very helpful staff! Even though we left the hostel to stay in an airbnb apartment, the staff still continued to help us out with very useful information about the nightlife and airport transportation

• 2nd Sep 2015

Really great Staff. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Excellent hostel

Great hostel vibe and awesome atmosphere. Staff were super friendly and made us feel at home! Great buffet brekkie available and onsite bar. Loved "zaman" who was the staffs golden retriever which made it more homely. Definatly will be coming back here when we return to Istanbul. Thanks for the great stay Cheers hostel.

This was one of the best hostel experiences of my life. The staff were amazing. I have to especially thank Mustafa who made my stay amazing. He made me feel at home and I felt like I left Istanbul with a new friend. I also have to thank Ahmed and Olga who made great effort to make sure I was happy. Amazing staff and amazing hostel. Thank you.

• 1st Sep 2015

Cheers was absolutely great. The facilities were clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. And the location could not have been better. Literally less than 5 minutes walking to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and Basilica Cistern, with another couple minutes to the Grand Bazaar. Easy access to the metro/tram to go all over the city and the rooftop bar was fun with an incredible view. Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Oh and the breakfast was incredible

Perfect place to stay in Istanbul! Awesome staff, extremely nice hostel in an ideal location!

• 31st Aug 2015

Great staff set this place apart, fuelling the atmosphere that everyone raves about in their reviews. Also an awesome breakfast and location. Will be my go to for all future Istanbul trips.

• 31st Aug 2015

Cheers is a hostel you feel at home. the stuff ıs very nıce and helpful. always tryıng to help. In the fırst day they gave me a metro statıon card just to help me wıth the way metro works. I made a trıp they care for my baggage by free. the room ıs nıce and the bath are clean. free towel. free and nıce breakfast. good locatıon. near the metro statıon and other facılıtıes. A nıce bar wıth good drınks. I would say 100 per cent hostel. I recomend and hıpe to stay anothe tıme ın cheers. katarına

• 29th Aug 2015

I'm a firm believer that the hostel you stay in impacts your view of the city and the things you see and do. Cheers hostel staff are so incredibly friendly and helpful. They provide tips and recommendations on anything you want from where to eat the best Turkish delight and gözleme to what to see on the Asian side. Beautiful view from the rooftop bar and great atmosphere. Stay at Cheers!