Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Great stuff

Amazing location! Really, truly amazing. I had a very limited time in Istanbul and was able to maximize it thanks to how close the hostel was to the major sites on my must-see list. Enthusiastic, very welcoming staff, good vibe. Rooftop bar opens up right on to a magnificent view of Hagia Sophia, but it did make my top-floor room a little noisy late at night. Everything else was nearly perfect.

Olga and the Cheers team were so welcoming and helpful! Loved staying at Cheers hostel and will do so again. Location was spot on with so many must see areas just minutes away! Hostel has very casual vibe, it was great for meeting new people. Had an amazing time in Istanbul. Loved every minute. Thanks again to the Cheers team for their hospitality!! xoxo

We wouldn't have such a wonderful experience in Istanbul without Cheers. The stuffs are very kind and helpful, we were welcomed very warmly! Cheers is located at the very heart of the old historical peninsula, all the sites are in walkable distance. In addition, they have a breathtaking view of the Blue Mosque from their terrace. The rooms are spacious and clean, the breakfast is awesome especially their apple tea! Everything is just perfect!

Our stay at cheers Hostel in Istanbul was a really nice one - located next to Ayasofya it was just the right place to stay and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We'll be definetely back by the time we come to Istanbul again! Thank you, cheers team :-)

I had a wonderful stay,

Great hostel. Staff was extremely friendly and always wanted to strike up a conversation. Location was amazing, the Hagia Sophia is a two minute walk. Also, the tram is near by.

I stayed at the hostel for a few days and I had a good time.

• 18th Feb 2015

Awesome atmosphere. Excellent location in the heart of the city, close to the main sights. Really helpful and friendly staff. And, cherry on top, very delicious breakfast! I'll definately stay here again when I come back to Istanbul :D

bed was comfortable, and sleeping next to the heater kept me toasty all night. breakfast was simple but healthy and delicious. main attractions (blue mosque, hagia sophia, grand bazaar) are just a couple steps out and staff even helped make me a last min booking for a hot air balloon ride that cost half of what balloon agencies published online. above all, the hospitality will make all crave to go back again. i wish i can give a better rating than just excellent. thank you so much.

it's a really nice hostel, the stuff are helping and friendly. They have no hesitation to offer you help. I even booked twice during the time I spent in Turkey! 這裡的員工很熱情,很願意提供幫助,位置絕佳!

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

Very close to Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, and Topkapi Palace. Awesome bar on top floor. I will stay here whenever I am in Istanbul.

• 15th Feb 2015

Really good location, and nice staff here, they give me a lot of information for travel

• 14th Feb 2015
  • China

Cheers is my favorite hostel in the world. I have intentionally booked extended layovers my last two visits to Istanbul just to come see my friends that work at Cheers. This hostel is a well-oiled machine. Every aspect of each of their properties is excellent. The attention to detail, but mostly the warmth of the people who work here are what brings me back over and over again. The kindness and sincerity of the staff is infectious to the people who stay. It always feels like family.

• 14th Feb 2015

Cheers Hostel is hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at in Europe. The first night I arrived they had a barbeque dinner where we all got to meet each other. The bar on the roof is great with an amazing view of the Hagia Sophia. I can not say enough about the staff. They know you by name, are always nice and help with everything. I dream about the Turkish breakfast they serve. I was initially worried about traveling to Istanbul alone, but Cheers Hostel made me feel like I was home!

• 13th Feb 2015

Location was superb, a few blocks from the Hagia Sofia, Basilica Cistern, Blue Mosque and Hop On/Off Bus. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful, and they interacted with the guests in a way that promoted a great sense of camaraderie. Be aware that they only take cash but there are ATMs located nearby, also they don’t have any single rooms so if you want a private room (as I did) you have to pay for both portions of a double room. I would definitely stay here again.

I had great time in this hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is in perfect area, it's easy to reach any touristic attraction. I dont have any bad world to say about this hostel, only positive things - amazing staff, clean room, perfect location, tasty breakfast and great bar in hostel.

This is easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at and that is coming from a guy who has seen his fair share of hostels. The staff are amazingly friendly, location is amazing, and the rooms are nice and clean. Go upstairs, have a beer next to the fireplace, and enjoy the view. Just like the tv show Cheers, you really feel like Cheers Hostel is a place where everybody knows your name.

• 13th Feb 2015

All was amazing, the staff made me feel at home all the time. The rooms are simply perfect and the location is great, walking distance to all the important atractions of the old city and breakfast was just the best of my trip! would recomend it to everybody!

Easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Came for the 4th and definately not last time! Thanks so much to all staff for making my trip special again!!