Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

The breakfast didn't start reliably, sometimes at 8, but rather at 8.30 - 9. There are no lockers to the rooms, which makes it seem a little insecure. There is a lot of noise at night because of the parties at the bar. Otherwise, it was a nice stay. It's not super amazing, but perfectly fine.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Wonderful hostel and great top floor bar with awesome view. The breakfast is GREAT and there's a nice area outside to sit. The staff is nice and will help you with any questions. Only complaint is that it's harder to meet people because they don't have a central common room besides the bar upstairs. I was also in the room on the first floor and it was loud at night and I could hear all the conversations. Beds and sheets are clean and comfortable. Overall, lovely hostel!

hi!! I miss you guys really!!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Very friendly atmosphere. We were highly pleased. We were greeted by name at our taxi and told that we got breakfast on the day we arrived because we booked late :) Great bonus! They even helped us by giving us a 3 person room the first night so we didn't have to switch rooms when our friend came the next day. Only drawback would be that the walls are a bit thin and you can hear a lot of noise in the halls and other rooms. Might be a problem for light sleepers.

Great hostel in a very good location, with easy access to Sultanahmet and Sirkeci/Eminonu. Rooftop bar has a great view, dorms are spacious and beds are comfortable. All areas of the hostel were spotlessly clean and the breakfast very good.

I really enjoyed my stay here! The location in the old part of the city of Istanbul was outstanding. Just a few blocks away from several of the 'must see' sights, couldn't be better. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped with dinner suggestions, boat tour info, and arranging a shuttle to the airport. They've got the coolest, funky bar on the top floor, and it has the best view of the Haghia Sophia. It's a unique view most people miss out on seeing. I was very pleased overall!

• 24th Mar 2014

Tarik and the crew go out of their way to make you feel at home. Thanks, guys, you're the best. 6 stars out of 5. Special thanks to my son :>)

Very nice place - good location (with an amazing view on Aya Sofya from the bar), big and clean rooms, great atmosphere and the staff was very nice and helpful.

I keep coming back. Highest praise. Enjoy your stay!

Was only in Istanbul one night but loved my stay here. Tarik offered me the option to stay in a small private room that was unoccupied for the same price as my dorm bed. View of the Hagia Sophia from the rooftop bar is spectacular; had a great night there socializing with fellow travelers. Breakfast is very good and staff were very helpful in providing advice, calling taxi, and even booking my next stay at their sister hostel when they had no beds available. Highly recommend.

Cheers is the best! The staff are amazing and very knowledgeable without pushing their own agenda. The location is great and the rooftop bar overlooking Hagia Sofia is top-notch. The breakfast is very nice and the atmosphere of the place is perfect. I met tons of travelers at the bar and at breakfast who joined me in my travel throughout Istanbul and Turkey; I give credit in part to the sense of community Cheers has!

Great location, great staff, great hostel. Had lots of fun in the roof top bar. Well run by Ahmet, Tariq and Saleem, who also offer great advice of what to see and do during your stay.

• 20th Mar 2014

I have stayed in over 100 hostels, the ones I like do two things very well...social spaces and staff friendliness/helpfulness. CHEERs is a great hostel. Tarik, Achmed and Hassan make the place, the breakfast is wonderful, and the patio, common room and bar make for a very social hostel

The people are the best! AND they have a dog Zaman who alone is worth the trip! Go. 5.5 stars out of 6.

Myself and 4 friends chose Cheers as our base for our annual St Patrick's day venture, and we couldn't have chosen better. The hostel itself is in perfect condition and the location couldn't be better for taking in the sights of Istanbul. Where it really distinguishes itself though is through its staff. From the moment we arrived Tarik and the team couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful, sorted us with tickets to a Fenerbache match and kept the hostel bar open till the early hours ; )

• 15th Mar 2014

Cheers is one of the most lovely hostels I stayed in my trip. The location is perfect that five minutes walking to the main viewpoints of Istanbul. They have their own bar and the scenery from the window is exactly what you expected for the place. They have wonderful service, includes breakfast, inquiry and so on. I book here twice and the next time, if I visit Turkey again, it'll be my home for sure. PS: there is a cute puppy in the Hostel too.

After nearly 40 countries, only a handful of hostels compare to Cheers. Clean, cozy, beautifully decorated, with bright, warm rooms and hot showers. Free tea or coffee and jazz/blues music in the lobby. Delicious breakfast and intimate rooftop bar with amazing views. Owner and staff were like old friends and always helpful making plans in the city or creating a fun and relaxed environment. One of my best hostel experience! I look forward to coming back soon to my new Turkish home and family.

Cheers was an excellent choice! The owner and staff were very helpful, funny, and friendly - including the resident dog, "Zaman". The location is perfect, though it was a little hard to find given the instructions from the Gurlhane light rail stop. The lounge/bar can be a little loud and smoky at night, so come here to meet people and stay up a little late, not for perfect tranquility :)

• 12th Mar 2014

This Hostel was perfect! The location is super! My favourite thing is the rooftop bar with a view over the Hagia Sophia and the staff are very cool and lots of fun! A friendly dog lives in the hostel as well :)

The stuff is so kind and the hostel very nice. To recommend: the bar on the top of the hostel building with its beautiful view.

• 7th Mar 2014