Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Good location, just next to Sultanahmet park. Helpful staff.

You could see there had been a leakage in the room, some paint would help!

• 23rd May 2014

This has been one of the best places I've ever stayed. They made my time in Istanbul feel like home. Everytime I returned I was greeted and I knew all of my hostel roommates. I met some incredible people at Cheers. I enjoyed having breakfast outside and starring at Hagia Sophia every morning. The terrace is to die for and just hanging up there writing, is the neat place to be. Even the others in my room felt so at home , it seemed we should've been tucked in at night without a doubt. Best hostel

• 23rd May 2014

It was a very good stay :) will definitely come back

• Vietnam

The room was spacious and clean, nice staffs. And the location of this hostel is great for sightseeing around the city.

Having stayed at almost 4 months worth of hostels this is literally the 1st I've taken the time to write a review for. The service was so ridiculously friendly I felt like I had to for Cheers. You could not get a better location for exploring the city. Easy to get to the hostel via the metro if you're coming from the airport. Good breakfast (bread, veggies, fruits,eggs, etc.). Two public computers.

The rooms are big and the beds are great. The staff is super helpful and would go out of their way to show you a good time and ensure you are happy! There's also a nice terrace bar with an awesome view to the Aya Sophia as well as another hostel called Cheers Lighthouse, super close by and with an incredibly good restaurant towards the sea. Highly recommended.

• 21st May 2014
  • Uruguay

Loved this Hostel. The view from the bar upstairs was amazing and the bar tender very cool. The location of the hostel is perfect for tourist activities and wandering around the city.

• 19th May 2014

Best location in Istanbul. They don't kid when they say that the top tourist sites and metro are steps away. The only thing better than the location is the staff. Tarikh, Ahmet, and the rest of the Cheers crew are amazing. They are super helpful and genuinely pleased in making everyone's stay wonderful. They assisted me with directions, food recommendations and booking for shows/shuttles at a discounted price. They also upgraded my room based on availability. The atmosphere is fantastic too! A

• 17th May 2014
  • India

Cheers! :)

Awesome hostel! Cannot be in a better location to see istanbul. Breakfast was very good and staff was even more friendly and helpful! Highly recommend!

the best hostel in the world! staff is quite nice.

Such a great hostel in the super location! Breakfast, I couldn't wait to get up to have this amazing fresh fruits and veggie and more.... yumm! And staffs r super friendly and helpful! Terek ( who you will see @ the reception ) has great reputation from not only travellers, but also from local business owners around the neighborhood! I planned to stay for 4nights,but I think I ended up staying for 10days. I guess this fact says it all.

Cheers hostel is truly amazing! I arrived early and was given breakfast, I was allowed to place my bag in the room before going out for the day (per check in time) and was able to spend time in the lounge after I've already checked out. Trail behind the counter was so helpful in making me feel welcome and with his information about Istanbul. Check out the terrace bar--great view!

A terrific base to explore Istanbul from, the guys here are super friendly and also run a great bar on the top floor. Highly Recommended.

• 11th May 2014

I called around 3am to set up my airport pickup around 7am, and I was amazed it worked! There was someone there to pick me up! Cheers was in the best location for sightseeing. Staff was friendly and helpful, Tarick always made you fell welcomed. Bar upstairs had a great view and was a nice place to sit and meet others. Bed was comfortable, with lockers in the room.

• 10th May 2014

Cheers Hostel is very welcoming. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is ideally situated for visiting many tourist attractions including The Blue Mosque and The Haghia Sofia. A nice breakfast of fruit, bread and cheese is provided and included in the price of the room or dorm. There is a friendly terrace bar which overlooks the Haghia Sophia which looks stunning both in the day and the night.

• 9th May 2014
  • Wales

We LOVED our time at Cheers Hostel. The staff is so friendly we ended up knowing them by name. Tarik would always offer tea or snacks randomly and Selem up in the bar was the man and took us out after the hostel bar closed. Our room was a good size. Bathrooms are a little limited but it wasn't too much of an issue. Breakfast was included and was pretty good with fruits, veggies, cheese, bread, etc. View of Hagia Sofia right out the bar window. SICK! Quick walk to all the sites. Want to go back!

Best hostel i've been so far! Food is awesome for breakfast! Everything is clean and the staff is really great! I would recommend this to every traveller. For information, i'm 22 y/o

Great location – easy walk to light tram, restaurants and major sites. Staff was very warm and friendly. Our shared ‘Lemon Tree’ dorm room was large, clean, very comfortable and quiet. Simple but excellent continental breakfast buffet. Roof top terrace bar has great views of Haag Sophia….nice place to bring breakfast. Overall, felt very safe staying here – a gem of a hostel!. Only thing to make it more perfect – having swipe key lock/access on dorm doors ??