Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

This was my first hostel experience, and with cheers, it couldn't have been better. The place is very clean, the staff is the best, and the bar on the roof along with the view of the Hagia Sophia is awesome!

• Mexico

The best hostel in Istanbul :) Everything is awesome!! All the staffs are just excellent and super nice!! I love here so much!! I would love to stay again if I go Istanbul next time. Highly recommend you all to stay cheers hostel if you are going to travel Istanbul. You will never regret.

• Hong Kong

This is the best place to stay in Istanbul! It has all your usual hostel needs and the staff is super friendly and helpful at all hours of the night. It feels like a family and you get to know the staff and the other hostelers. It's a few minutes walking from Hagia sofia, Blue Mosque and all the other sites. Breakfast is great, have the apple tea! Ahmet took us on an awesome pub crawl to Taksim and made sure everyone was having fun and safe. Also make sure you go to the bar upstairs!

• 19th Dec 2014

Excellent staff and location. The breakfast is great with tea and coffee. Its like a home away from home. I had the most amazing stay at Cheers Hostel and will be back again, thankyou Cheers team :)

AMAZING staff- Olga was very patient with all of our questions, and always provided helpful and good advice. We had a private room, which was not connected to the main building, but we still came by for breakfast each morning (which was great) and were able to enjoy the bar and rooftop terrace too. The location is perfect, within walking distance to all of the main sights. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!

Staff was nice and there is a rooftop bar which appears like it could be great. We were only there for one night and there was not much activity up there and it was in the off season. I could see this being an awesome place to stay when the hostel is full. Location is excellent for sightseeing and main tourist attractions. Also the breakfast is a good touch. Overall great staff and easy to meet other travelers.

Cheers Hostel has to be the best Istanbul has to offer! Centrally located within a 2 minute walk to Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern. Also 10 minute walk from the Bosphorus and Spice Bazaar. The staff are amazing and friendly from Ahmet, Olga and everyone else. My stay was amazing for the first three nights and I am returning for a 4th night once I complete my travels throughout Turkey and return to Istanbul for a day. Thank You Cheers hostel for a fantastic experience!

A lovely hostel in the middle of Sultanahmet with an awesome view on the Aya Sophia. Already been here twice and every time the breakfast was very good and the service was very helpful, friendly and warm. I would recommend this to everybody and next time i'm in Istanbul I would choose this again.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Cheers is my Istanbul home. The staff and the house dog, Zaman, are some of the best people I've met. Not only did they have a wonderful place to rest my head after a busy day and long flights but the organizationed my airport drop off and pick ups and gave me some good trips. Can't wait to go back. This place is especially great for solo women travelers!!!

• 12th Dec 2014

Staying at the Cheers Hostel was like staying with family. Warm and inviting with an excellent breakfast. And at times, I was even offered a home cooked meal. Very close to all the major sights in the old town district, I'd highly recommend staying here to other travelers.

Honestly guys this hostel is RAD! The bar has the greatest views of İstanbul and is the perfect place to meet other travelers. Staff are warm, friendly and helpful; all with exceptional English to help us Aussie, American or British get to know this wonderful town. İ highly recommend. P.s. Ahmet is the man...Tariq is also the man.

This is the third time that I stay here. I have stayed in both dorm and private room. Everything was great and clean. The staff are very helpful. The location is perfect as it takes only 5 minutes to walk to main landmarks; Blue mosque, Aya Sofia, etc. There is also a wonderful rooftop bar where you get to know other people in 2 minutes. I am sure there will be the forth time for me here. Cheers!!!!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

I loved my stay at Cheers Hostel. As a female traveling alone, I felt very safe and supported there, and was never lacking great people to hang out with, including the staff. The location was great - you can walk anywhere in the Old City easily, and it's close to the tram, too. Very clean. The bar upstairs is great!

• 6th Dec 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! The staff was so welcome on our arrival (they made us apple tea and shared about the city of Istanbul) helpful with any question we had! Having the bar inside the hostel also gave it such a great feel and made it easy to meet people! We also had the Saturday night BBQ and it was great. The breakfast was also incredible! We stayed in the 10 person and I definitely didn't feel like it was less nice or uncomfortable at all! STAY HERE!

Cheers is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It is super clean and the rooms are huge! Everything about this hostel was amazing, especially the people. The staff were so incredibly helpful and welcoming. They answered every question we had and helped us everyday to decide what to do. They have amazing breakfast and also do an awesome barbecue for weekend dinner! Although I only stayed 4 days, it was so sad leaving the staff members and this beautiful place. HIGHLY recommend it!!

• 4th Dec 2014

Loved everything about this hostel, and HIGHLY recommend staying here if you want to stay in Sultanahmet, near all of the most famous landmarks (Hagia Sofia, Grand Bazaar, etc.). The staff was warm, helpful and wonderful from the moment that I arrived from the airport, and I felt truly safe and taken care of the whole time that I was there. The room where I stayed was clean and cozy, and the hostel cafe/bar upstairs has a beautiful view of Hagia Sofia!

The staff is what makes this hostel stand out. When we came in, we were shown to our room, and then Olga made us each a cup of apple tea and told us all about Istanbul. Whenever we came in, we felt welcomed by whoever was in the lobby at the time, and there was never a shortage of tea! I would highly recommend this hostel.

Hostel has a great roof top view of the Aya Sofia. The bar upstairs is a great way to meet other people. The staff in the hostel are super friendly and breakfast buffet style is great. Free water, and tea is a bonus. I stayed here an additional two days rather than switch sides to either the Asian side, or across the river in the Galata area. Hostel is close to a lot of the major things to see and close to the tram and ATMs. There's a super cheapo place to eat nearby for 1 TL. Would stay again!

Great price, great location! You get what you pay for plus a little more

• 29th Nov 2014

Great location & atmosphere, with an amazing view of Hagia Sophia! The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Must try: their BBQ dinners and their bar!