Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

We had a prívate double room for 4 nights. The room was only cleaned once and only because I requested it. There were hairs all over the sink.

The location couldn't be any closer to the attractions - it's wonderful! The staff was friendly and fun (my new best friend Tony)! They have a lovely dog I made friends with.. And the breakfast is delicious :). I wouldn't reccommend anywhere else!! Cheers is simply the best :).

• 1st Jul 2014

We loved our stay at Cheers! The hostel is close to all the places of interest..Its clean and the best part is the people..very friendly, very helpful. We travelled all over Turkey for 14 days but so far our best stay was in Cheers Hostel in Istanbul..and would love to come back again. The breakfast is super good and loved all the variety we had..and how can I forget Tarik..who welcomed us with a smile and made us feel so at ease !! Thank you Tarik for our memorable stay in Cheers Hostel :)

I've stayed at countless hostels around the world and this is easily my favorite! The location is fantastic, including a rooftop bar with a stunning view of Hagia Sofia. The staff is great - especially Tony, who makes you feel right at home (and leads great pub crawls!). Breakfast (included!) is hearty. It's safe and clean. Honestly, I don't know how it could be any better. Stay at Cheers. You won't regret it.

• 30th Jun 2014

We had a great time staying at Cheers. The location was ideal as we could easily walk to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. From the hostel bar, there's a beautiful view of Hagia Sofia too. The staff went out of their way to be hospitable and kind to us. Tony helped arrange a Bosphorous boat cruise, helped us with planning day trips, taking ferries, etc, even helped us with shopping and bargaining. In addition to having a great stay at the hostel, we left with new friends which is always awesome.

• 29th Jun 2014

I had an amazing stay at Cheers Hostel! I stayed one night in the large first floor mixed room. A friend met me there and we got a private room for the rest of our week long stay. I can't say enough about the amazing staff. They were absolutely wonderful. Tony was pretty new and still had a ton of great activity recommendations for us. The bar atmosphere upstairs was perfectly chill while still conducive to meeting people and starting conversations. It couldn't have been a better stay!

• 28th Jun 2014

Clean, fun and friendly Hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great place to stay! Walking distance to all the sights that you wanted to see (blue mosque, grand bazaar, spice market, etc.). The staff are all phenomenal, Tony welcomed me and gave me directions to sights and places to eat every day! Plus you can relax with everyone from the hostel, at night in the bar upstairs. Highly recommend!

• 28th Jun 2014

It is really good hostel! It's close to the must see places just 2 mins walk.(coollllll) The staff are really friendly and helpful. I really love the breakfast(many fruits)with Turkish coffee/tea and the room is real nice, I can feel the fresh air and the bed is comfortable. I really enjoyed staying here and I wish I could stay longer! :D

Great boutique hostel with the best staff you will find. Tony, Tarek and all the guys will make you feel at home. Location is close to blue mosque and topkapi palace. Perfect for solo travellers. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Had an amazing time here. Wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• 27th Jun 2014

My first time in Istanbul and choose this place based on what i read here on Hostelworld and it lived up to the great reviews! Perfect location in the old part of town, all the main attractions are within 5 min walk , and has the coolest rooftop terrace with a perfect view of Hajia Sophia, loved exploring the city every night and kicking back on the rooftop bar every night with the coolest bartender and sharing stories. The staff are awesome, and go out of their way to make sure happy!

• 26th Jun 2014

It was my first time traveling alone since my travel partner got called away for work so I was a bit nervous as a first time hostel staying lone female traveler. As soon as I arrived to Cheers Hostel, I realized I had been worrying for nothing! Both staff and guests were super friendly. Staff was always there and went above and beyond to assist you in your every need or want and felt more like friends than staff. I went on a side trip and decided to come back for my last night in Istanbul!

• 26th Jun 2014

Nice hostel, nice people good breakfast.

• 21st Jun 2014

This was my second time at Cheers. I love this place! I'd rather not stay in Sultanahmet in general, but I'll make an exception for this place. It's small and homey, and always seems to be a great place to meet interesting people. The staff are helpful and friendly, and they keep the place quite clean. All in all a great place!

with the breakfast missed the fact that coffee wasn't real and the food not authentic Turkish.

The breakfast is amazing. They serve lots of fruits. Location couldn't be better. It is possible to visit the main attractions by foot.

I stayed at Cheers for 3 nights in an 8 dorm room and 1 night in a private room. Both rooms were perfectly confortable and clean. The only bad thing about the shared room was that we stayed at the third floor and there was just one bathroom for the whole floor and it was also the used by the people from the bar, so sometimes it got a bit dirty. The bar has a great atmosphere, the staff is so kind, so overall I really aprecciate my stay here.

It was strange that there was no keys to lock the door, and it was uncomfortable to think people could just bust in at any time. Each floor has 2 showers but only one toilet (for about 8 people or so). There should be one outlet per bed. Breakfast was very nice and location 3 minutes away from Sultanahmet.

one of the best hostel i ever been. the staff was absolutely amazing, very friendly and helpfully! very nice experience. we will be back for sure!! lorena and adrian

Love this hostel! Amazing rooftop, great location, free breakfast, clean and great bedding. Highly recommend.