Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

Everyone was very friendly, knowledgable and helpful. It is located in a good location and the free breakfast we very pleasant.

Cheers Hostel was a great place to stay when visiting the old city of Istanbul. Olga and the guys were great hosts, always helpful with places to go or tours to recommend. The property was nice and centrally located; our private room was perfect. I hope to visit Istanbul again soon and would definitely choose Cheers Hostel if I stay in the old city.

The hostel truly made my experience in Istanbul a special one. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by the friendly staff and was instantly made to feel right at home. I stayed in the dorm rooms which was one of the cleaner dormitories I've stayed in and the free lockers were a plus too. Ahmet went out of his way to help organize the rest of my tour in Turkey which helped an immense amount. The reception desk has someone there 24 hours which is also very great. The best part was the terrace!

One of the best hostels I have ever been. Very nice people, very good bar in the terrace and confortable rooms.

Great stay: the room was large and clean, the staff were lovely :)

The best hostel I've ever been, they were so helpful and caring that they really made me wanting to stay longer. Their service was amazing, their breakfasts delicious, rooms clean and they even exchanged money for you, making everything more safe. I loved it!!!!

Excellent hostel in a great location. But the best part about this hostel was the staff! They were all so friendly and always helpful. Thank you so much to everyone at Cheers!

• 4th May 2015

The staff is fantastic and very helpful. The hostel has a perfect location with short distances to all major attractions. And if you are tired of walking the streets of İstanbul you can relax in the hostel's top floor bar with a direct view to Aya Sofia.

• Norway

Wow~Cheers Hotel is the best choice. The host is so nice , kind, gentle and handsome and considerate. The rooms are comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious. The most important is Cheers Hotel is very near Sorta church and a lot famous sites. I would like to recommend people to stay here.

• Taiwan

I've stayed at a lot of hostels in my life, and this is the best staff I have ever stayed with. They are always smiling, friendly, and super helpful. The location of this hostel is within walking distance to the top attractions in Istanbul as well. You will not be disappointed!

Great hostel, fantastic atmosphere and good rooftop bar. Really good breakfast. Location perfect - 2 min walk to red and blue mosque

Most friendly staff! They became my best friends. The staff took me out on a pub crawl and helped me in purchasing a Turkish carpet. Ahmet and Olga are going to be my friends for life. Everyone was so nice and helpful. The atmosphere has that friendly hostel magic you are searching for.

• 2nd May 2015

I stayed here on first 2 days in Istanbul and decided to came back and stayed for last 4 days in Turkey. A nice calm place and helpfull staffs who always help you with anything. The location is excellent, it's located on small calm street but very close to the tram station, also close to all attractive historical places like Hagia Sofia, Blue Mos, Grand Bazar, Balisilica Cistern which are all in the walking distance.

Fantastic hostel and lovely staff. Slight criticism - there are only two bathrooms on the ground floor, so you have to time your bathroom trip well or you queue with the rest of 8 person dorm. Also not every bunk has an electricity socket next to it.

I really enjoyed my time at Cheers hostel. I was only there or a short time but the staff were really friendly and welcoming. On arrival once checked in the owner showed me around the hostel and took me up to the bar and introduced me to everyone. It felt like a little family. Thanks guys :)

I had a great time while staying at Cheers Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations on where to go. Breakfast every morning was fantastic. Much better than most hostels I've stayed. The facilities were always kept clean. There is a great bar upstairs with a beautiful view. As well the staff also took us on a pub crawl one night to some local clubs. Would definitely recommend staying here.

One of the best hostels I've stayed out. Really friendly and helpful staff, a great rooftop bar with a view of Hagia Sophia and a nice breakfast served every morning. The location is very good and close to lots of the main tourist sights including the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Ahmet also took us on a great pub crawl on Saturday night!

• 30th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Thanks to Olga, Tarik, Sinan, Ahmet and Nuri whose priceless advises made my experience in Istanbul one of my favorites ever. Clean hostel, friendly and helpful staff, very good breakfast and the rooftop bar with its amazing view is perfect for the ones that want to meet new people. And Ahmet's pub crawl is a must join.

The location can't be beat (once you find the hostel)! The staff are wonderfully friendly, always greeting me by name when I returned. The two main issues I had was that there wasn't really any security, I mean I never felt unsafe, but anyone could walk into the hostel at any time and have free access. I would have felt even better if the dorms were secured somehow. Though like I said, I never felt unsafe. Also, a 6 person dorm only had 1 power point (with a 3-plug power board). Not enough.

Loved my stay at cheers hostel! One of the best backpackers I have been to. The staff are definitely the asset and highlight to this hostel as they make us feel like home! I'll recommend cheers to my friends who visit Istanbul for sure.

• 29th Apr 2015