Cheers Hostel Reviews

Alemdar Mahallesi, Zeynep Sultan Camii Sokak No 21, Istanbul, Turkey

I've been to hostels all over the world and never bother to write reviews.But this time I had to.This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in!I only stayed for 2 nights.But,thanks to the welcoming,fun and caring staff,I've made friends for life!Mustafa the bar tender is AWESOME.He really went out of his way to make sure everyone had a great time,took us out and showed us hidden parts of Istanbul.My only complaint is the fact that I had to leave.Thanks for the most amazing 2 days! :)

• 24th Aug 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Well, there is a lot to say but not enough space to write. Cheers hostel is " THE BEST" hostel I have ever been. In terms of everything. It is located in the old town part of İstanbul. Right in the middle of everything a traveller would like to see. There is a terace bar where it is very easy to meet with other travellers and the terrace bar is seeing the famous Ayasophia Museum. What a view! Lastly, no need to tell how helpful and kind the stuff are.I would surely recommend you to stay here.

The location is very convenient. Everything is within walking distance. The staff is very social and welcoming. My friends and I were checked in by Olga and she was so helpful; gave us great tips about transportation, food, and social life around Istanbul. Sinan is also awesome. He's very sociable, super cool, and always there to give tips about the city. The room was neat when we arrived and the bathroom is very acceptable. There's even AC for the unbearable hot days.

• 21st Aug 2015

Brilliant!! Couldn't say enough good about the place, the staff are some of the friendliest you can hope to find without being intrusive; the facilities great and clean; for those wanting a few drinks the top floor bar has a great environment and if you're up there as a prelude to hitting the town as likely as not the staff will take you out as a group to show you the best spots and certainly show you a good time; or during the day help you out bartering for carpets or of-the-cuff excursions.

• 21st Aug 2015

We had an awesome time at the hostel. Location is perfect, hostel is clean with 24 hour reception. The staff members all make a huge effort to remember your name and make you feel welcome. Mustafa made our stay in Istanbul, thanks for all the drinks, laughs and showing us the best street food around!

Cheers hostel is located in Sultan Ahmed, the best place to be in Istambul near Santa Sophia, the Blue Mosque and Gran Bazar. The atmosphere is really good, there is a bar in the terrace with an awesome view of Santa Sophia. The staff is really friendly and helpfull. I would definitely come back here.

Staff were exceptional, as was location (5 minute walk to the blue mosque and 10 mins to grand bazaar). Breakfast was great too. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Me parecio muy buena la ubicacion , muy comodo !! El cuarto estuvo perfecto y comodo. En cuanto a la ubicacion esta bueba porque es bien seguro y se puede mover con facilidad !!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

This place is fantastic in every aspect: staff, location, security, cleanliness, atmosphere, definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed at!!

Absolutely amazing staff and location. We had so much fun getting to know other travelers and hanging out in the rooftop bar. Staff had great suggestions for things to do outside of the normal touristy sites. I hope to be back soon!!

The hostel is centrally located, you're within walking distance to all major sights. Restaurants and cafes are aplenty too. The Cheers staffs are amazing, friendly and wonderful! They make you feel at home and like you're family. The rooftop bar has the most amazing view of Hagia Sophia! That's where most hang out at night. But on some nights, there will be a pub crawl. Ahmet had organised a pub crawl to Taksim for us and it was so much fun! He really took care of us and made sure we enjoyed it!

Cheers is wonderful!! The location couldn't be better with 24/7 views of Aya Sofia! Walking distance to everything- tram stop just down the street! The breakfast they serve every morning was amazing! Saved us a meal every morning and was always fresh- lots of fruit, veggies, hard boiled eggs, and of course the famous Apple Tea!! they found out we were on our Honeymoon and they even upgraded our room- which was more like a hotel room. Loved our stay here and will be back!

Very friendly and helpful staff! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone passing through Istanbul.

The staff were awesome--super friendly, helpful, and eager to facilitate meeting others. There's a great roof to hang out on and meet others. AC isn't the best, and in August it was rather warm in Istanbul. There's also a dog who hangs out at the reception--adorable, but FYI for anyone with allergies. Location is ideal to everything in the old city.

The staff at this hostel really set the bar for great service. Theyre friendly and go above and beyond to get to know each guest personally. Highly recommend this hostel

Stayed 3 nights, staff were helpful and pointed us in the right directions regarding what to see and what not to do. They all seem really happy. The bar was a good place to meet like minded travellers, with a nice view of the mosque. Breakfast was good, as was the coffee and the beer. Can't complain about the facilities. Most of the locals knew where the place was, so it was easy to find once we asked people, they are pretty eager to help.

First time in Europe and this hostel was simply amazing. Very friendly and helpful staff. Has a great rooftop bar and staff go out of their way to introduce you to other people. I am a solo traveler and left with a lot of new friends. Perfect start to my European adventure.

• 10th Aug 2015

Couldn't have asked for a better hostel EVER! Friendliest staff, so so central location, always felt super safe and incredibly easy to mingle and make new friends to spend the days with (this is coming from a solo girl traveller too!) Easy to say I'd come back in a heart beat to stay at cheers again!! Thanks guys!

• 9th Aug 2015

We are still here and we are loving it! The hostel is just in a perfect place, right next to the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Besides the caos of the city chaos the hostel is located in a safe and calm area. All the staff is really helpful and nice! If you need anything they will help you out. Tarik, the manager, is very funny and always worried about you! If you will come to Istambul even for one night Cheers Hostel is the place to stay and you will have a very good breakfast!

• 9th Aug 2015