Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheers Lighthouse was a great place to stay! It was our fırst night and they were very helpful in showıng us how to get around and making the start of our trip comfortable. It is also nearby Cheers Hostel where you can visit to experience the activıties that they offer!

The issue I had with this hostel is that there were BED BUGS!! I went down and told the staff there were bugs in my bed, they didnt act surprised at all. The acting manager didn't seem to care and wouldn't refund my money when I wanted to move hostels. Great location, just about everyone in my room had been bitten (one guy was covered in bites) and wasn't impressed with their attitude towards the situation. I understand that bed bugs happen but they could have handled it 100 times better.

The coordinator for the Cheers Hostels which was present during the day at the reception is very kind and helpful. The Çayıroğlu sokak (the street where you access the hostel) is very calm and even if you have a train line, a speedway and cranes in front of the terrace of the hostel, the Maramara view is nice. The problems were that from the first floor all what happens on the ground floor is heard and having music at 7:30 AM was not cool. Moreover they have BEDBUGS in the Walnut room.

• 12th Jul 2014

The room could´ve had a few more trashcans - there was only one small one in the bathroom and it wasn´t emptied once during my 3-night stay. Since there was no place to throw stuff away, we ended up piling it next to the trash can. It wasn´t a pretty sight. Other than that, the location was good and rooms nice.

A nice hostel in a good location in the "Old City" or historical area of Istanbul, Sultanhamet. I would stay either here, because it's 5-10 min walking to the central square where everything on that side is, or across the bridge in the newer, trendier area. But this one is very well located near the main stuff to see, and yet is on a nice quiet street in a neighborhood.

Great staff, great location, great breakfast and great service! :-D

If you don't mind sleep with BED BUGS, just choose this hostel. Just let you know the staffs don't care the bed bugs.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

I was extremely impressed with Cheers Lighthouse. Immediately upon arriving, Emre, one of the awesome staff members, gave me a map with numerous locations, and described the best parts of the city to go to. My room was lovely, definitely one of the nicest looking hostel rooms I've stayed in. The staff is extremely friendly, the apple tea is fantastic, and the food at the restaurant is delicious. My only gripe is that I would have liked more communal areas to hang out.

nice and welcomingand helpful staff, rooms as clean as it can be expected in a hostel. new house, good food. after all a good place to stay in. really quiet at night !

Thanks for a fantastic stay!

Cheers lighthouse is intimate (around 30 beds in total, including two dorms of 6 beds), the smell of lovely Turkish food greets you from the kitchen, the terrace with the sea view is yours to enjoy at any time of day and night. The staff of Cheers lighthouse treat the house as their home and every visitor as their special guest. We know this because we spent a lot of time on the terrace, blending into the daily life of this welcoming house. Open your heart and they will surprise you.

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you for making our stay unforgettable. We really enjoyed it! Group Mexico & Slovakia

The hostel is located near Blue Mosque, 3 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and 7 minutes walk from Sultan Ahmet Metro station. It takes only 5 minutes walk to Agra Sophia. The stuffs are very helpful and friendly. The atmosphare of the hostel is very nice and cosy. I feel very relax staying there, even though it's in the middle of the big city. The breakfast is for the price very good!

• 24th May 2014

Super friendly staff, always keen to help you. Very nice breakfast. Amazing view from the terrace. I will come back for sure.

Convenient location, walking distance to all the major attractions such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, the restaurant downstairs serves amazing food and the free breakfast is nothing like what you'd expect in a hostel. Lastly, a shout-out to the receptionist Yavuz for being so friendly and helpful! Overall it was a great experience staying here, and I would definitely come back if I were to visit Istanbul again :)

• 12th Apr 2014

Very friendly atmosphere . Yavuz was really helpful . He helped me also with my travel arrangements out of Istanbul as well. I will be back and looking forward to stay there again.

Very friendly and helpfull staff, quiet atmosphere, plenty of breakfast, clean rooms, decent restaurant and within walking distance of all places of interest.

a place i would definitely recommend. awesome staff and a unbeatable location. cheers hannes ;)

This is an excellent choice for every backpacker. Under ten minutes far from the Blue Mosque with a nice terrace and an awesome view on the ocean. My only negative point is the varying water pressure of the shower in the second floor. This hostel can only host up to 21 people and I think that is part of the reason why we had such nice evenings with the staff and other hostel guest in the familiar atmossphere.

• 28th Mar 2014

Cheers Lighthouse was great! We got confused about the dates and forgot to book a room for the night that we arrive. There were no dorm rooms left, but Cheers let us stay in a private room for a greatly reduced price since we had made a mistake. The free breakfast is delicious, the rooms are beautiful the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. There is a nice restaurant in the hostel and guests get a 10% discount. Definitely recommend this place!

• 19th Mar 2014