Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I loved Cheers Lighthouse. I can't wait to come back to Istanbul, and I will definitely be staying here again. Super friendly staff, felt like I was home.

I loved the location, the welcome, a quiet night in a comfy (dorm) bed. It was a lovely surprise to come down to breakfast -staff really attentive -with an open fronted restaurantwith a view out across the Bhosphorus.Chilled atmosphere really contemporary and just a short walk up the road to 'all the old stuff'. Did I mention its the right side of the water for Ataturk airport and prices not bad either. Dont rely on me you want to try it out for yourselves

• 29th Jul 2015

I actually ended up staying at one of their other hostels...Mansion by Cheers and it was great! The location was perfect - I was walking distance to everything and I felt safe walking around on my own. Everyone at the hostel was so welcoming and friendly. They were available whenever I needed anything or had any questions. My room was way better than what I expected - good size, clean, comfortable and really nice bathrooms.

We were put in the new sister hostel, Cheers Mansion. It's still got teething problems. Bad plumbing, toilet smelt awful, water ran out in the morning, it's very loud and you can hear everything outside so barely slept and it was so hot at night but there wasn't even a portable fan available. I wouldn't have booked this place if I knew we'd be put in a different hostel as the reviews were good - but I guess not for this one. I wouldn't recommend staying here at all.

This place is brilliant! Within a quaint cobbles area of Istanbul, in walking distance to the town centre and blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern, but not overrun by mobs of tourists. Lovely places to eat too. The guys who run it are so friendly and the room we had was amazing! Stay here if you visit Istanbul. Definitely worth it!

I stayed at the Cheers Mansion. It was a private room in a hostel made up of other private rooms. It's a bit quieter than a normal hostel, but I wanted to spoil myself with the private room and private washroom. The staff is amazing and they made me feel comfortable at home. The breakfast is really good and I found the location easily. As you can tell from the map, the location is close to all the touristy stuff in the Sultan Ahmet area. Everything is positive overall, but it depends on

• 5th Jul 2015

Wifi is very good, breakfast included was nice. Location is really good close walking distance to the blue mosque and grand bazaar. Staff were helpful, they don't have a laundry though.

Really had a great time....less than 24 hours, but I'll be back! Emre and his team never stop working, and even though I got there well after midnight following a crazy travel day of missed connections, they were there to greet me and upgraded me to a private rooftop room with a great view. Look forward to staying with them again soon!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great place with an amazing view of the Bosphorus, so close to all the attractions. Would highly recommend it!

Loved that there was a restaurant attached to this hostel. Also the wifi worked great and I was even able to download some tv :) Location is perfect for exploring most of the major sites and the neighborhood was quite safe.

Great Hostel, getting around the town is really easy! Near to main attractions and city center. Nice view from the window to sea. A store near so you can buy stuff. It includes towel in the service which is nice, also if you share lockers are available in the room free of charge. Walking around easy and good restaurants near.

We stayed at the Cheers Mansion, a recently opened private-room-only, location close near the Blue Mosque and Haga Sofia. Nice room with a balcony, good beds and reasonable bathroom. Breakfast was good (try the menemen, spicy omelet) and the staff (Emre) a very nice guy who gave us good advice. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Lovely hostel, nice private rooms with great seaview. Our host Emre was very friendly and recommended good stuff to do in Istanbul! And last but not least: delicious breakfast!

• 18th Jun 2015

We loved the atmosphere, the design and the location of the Hostel. The room was great. So was the breakfast and the staff. Unfortunately we had a very bad experience with two other guests in our dorm who made loads of noise in the night (in the bedroom) due to prayer time. This meant we didn't have more than 4 hours sleep in two days. So next time we would probably not go in a hostel again but rather in a Hotel where we can have a quiet night. But otherwise the hostel was really nice!

• 17th Jun 2015

Very good hostel! The only issue is that I had to leave the keys at the lobby all day!

Top Hostel!!! Owners involved & Staff with owners attitude is the key! They will make sure your stay is perfect. We actually stayed at Cheers Mansion which is sort of a boutique Hs, just 5 minute walk from Lighthouse. Mansion is really neat with great facilities, for those who search a quiet atmosphere. And if you are in the mood of getting some fun, the owners will walk you & join you at Cheers Bar just 10 min away for some drinks, great Atmosphere at Cheers!...

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Peru

Awesome location right next to all the sights, really good breakfast and really nice staff!!!! I had a great stay and would definitely go back again.

Created a wondef experience all around excellent time.

• 29th May 2015

We stayed at the Mansion by Cheers. The rooms were clean, spacious, and beautiful, as was the bathroom. The host and the rest of the staff were very helpful and made sure we had the best time possible by helping us plan our time in Istanbul. The location was great - close enough to all the big sights that it was easy to walk everywhere. Cheers also offers breakfast in the morning which was a great little bonus. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I would certainly recommend it.

the room has a strange smell.

• 27th May 2015