Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

It was wonderful.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Fantastic!!! everything was great, clean room, good breakfast, and perfect location. recommended 👍

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Turkmenistan

Great place in a good location with really friendly and helpful staff. They helped me organise stuff to do in Istanbul and can organise trips around Turkey to Cappadocia or boat trips around the coast. I had a fantastic time in Istanbul and staying here made the end of my travels amazing. They also had good advice for how to get to Ataturk airport avoiding the traffic by taking the tram and metro which meant a far less stressful and easier journey when I had to leave.

Really cool place to stay if you only have around 2-5 days and you focus on the sightseeing stuff. Only 4minutes away from THE main attractions, so you don't even have to get up so early and you will still be the first in line. Excellent staff. They take good care of you and give good recommendations to anything. It's not to easy to get through the city with the luggage. Next time I'd take a taxi from Atatürk Airport or a taxi from Taksim Square (after a bus ride from Sabiha Gökcen Airport).

I loved Cheers Lighthouse. I can't wait to come back to Istanbul, and I will definitely be staying here again. Super friendly staff, felt like I was home.

Cheers Lighthouse was great! The location was perfect - near all of the sites you need to see while in Istanbul and the staff were some of the most friendly people I'd met. They treated me like family, invited me along to a football match, and were always fun to be around. If visiting Istanbul, you can't go wrong at Cheeers Lighthouse.

I loved the location, the welcome, a quiet night in a comfy (dorm) bed. It was a lovely surprise to come down to breakfast -staff really attentive -with an open fronted restaurantwith a view out across the Bhosphorus.Chilled atmosphere really contemporary and just a short walk up the road to 'all the old stuff'. Did I mention its the right side of the water for Ataturk airport and prices not bad either. Dont rely on me you want to try it out for yourselves

• 29th Jul 2015

I actually ended up staying at one of their other hostels...Mansion by Cheers and it was great! The location was perfect - I was walking distance to everything and I felt safe walking around on my own. Everyone at the hostel was so welcoming and friendly. They were available whenever I needed anything or had any questions. My room was way better than what I expected - good size, clean, comfortable and really nice bathrooms.

We were put in the new sister hostel, Cheers Mansion. It's still got teething problems. Bad plumbing, toilet smelt awful, water ran out in the morning, it's very loud and you can hear everything outside so barely slept and it was so hot at night but there wasn't even a portable fan available. I wouldn't have booked this place if I knew we'd be put in a different hostel as the reviews were good - but I guess not for this one. I wouldn't recommend staying here at all.

This place is brilliant! Within a quaint cobbles area of Istanbul, in walking distance to the town centre and blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern, but not overrun by mobs of tourists. Lovely places to eat too. The guys who run it are so friendly and the room we had was amazing! Stay here if you visit Istanbul. Definitely worth it!

I stayed at the Cheers Mansion. It was a private room in a hostel made up of other private rooms. It's a bit quieter than a normal hostel, but I wanted to spoil myself with the private room and private washroom. The staff is amazing and they made me feel comfortable at home. The breakfast is really good and I found the location easily. As you can tell from the map, the location is close to all the touristy stuff in the Sultan Ahmet area. Everything is positive overall, but it depends on

• 5th Jul 2015

Wifi is very good, breakfast included was nice. Location is really good close walking distance to the blue mosque and grand bazaar. Staff were helpful, they don't have a laundry though.

Really had a great time....less than 24 hours, but I'll be back! Emre and his team never stop working, and even though I got there well after midnight following a crazy travel day of missed connections, they were there to greet me and upgraded me to a private rooftop room with a great view. Look forward to staying with them again soon!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great place with an amazing view of the Bosphorus, so close to all the attractions. Would highly recommend it!

Loved that there was a restaurant attached to this hostel. Also the wifi worked great and I was even able to download some tv :) Location is perfect for exploring most of the major sites and the neighborhood was quite safe.

Great Hostel, getting around the town is really easy! Near to main attractions and city center. Nice view from the window to sea. A store near so you can buy stuff. It includes towel in the service which is nice, also if you share lockers are available in the room free of charge. Walking around easy and good restaurants near.

We stayed at the Cheers Mansion, a recently opened private-room-only, location close near the Blue Mosque and Haga Sofia. Nice room with a balcony, good beds and reasonable bathroom. Breakfast was good (try the menemen, spicy omelet) and the staff (Emre) a very nice guy who gave us good advice. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Lovely hostel, nice private rooms with great seaview. Our host Emre was very friendly and recommended good stuff to do in Istanbul! And last but not least: delicious breakfast!

• 18th Jun 2015

We loved the atmosphere, the design and the location of the Hostel. The room was great. So was the breakfast and the staff. Unfortunately we had a very bad experience with two other guests in our dorm who made loads of noise in the night (in the bedroom) due to prayer time. This meant we didn't have more than 4 hours sleep in two days. So next time we would probably not go in a hostel again but rather in a Hotel where we can have a quiet night. But otherwise the hostel was really nice!

• 17th Jun 2015

Very good hostel! The only issue is that I had to leave the keys at the lobby all day!

« first « Prev 1 2 3