Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Right from the moment I walked in the guys were awesome. Very helpful and great location. They even walked me to the taxi rank at 4 in the morning to make sure I got to the airport ontime. They were always trying exceed the wow factor which was nice.

The staff where extremely helpful and friendly. Helped in starting off my trip and planning the next major leg. Have no concerns when booking a hostel here.

Emre, was a fantastic host. Very very helpful and has an exceptional knowledge of the local places to eat and to go! My wife and I had a private room, which had air-conditioning and its own fridge.Beds were very comfortable, and rooms were very clean. It was close enough to the hustle and bustle but far enough that the mosque prayers in the morning and evening did not effect our sleep. I would highly recommend staying here!

• 4th Sep 2014

Only good things to say about this place! The most hospitable staff I've ever come across! I'm even staying a second time after a 2 week tour that I did because I loved it so much. Clean, awesome restaurant attached, delicious free breakfast, great location near Ayasofya, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, etc.

excellent place to stay.no doubt believe me!

No wifi in the room only use it on reception The staff who has middle hair is so rude and unkind. If i go istanbul again I never stay here.

Good day Subi, we are terribly hear to sorry your bad experience with internet and wish you would ask us to best way to connect from your room since there is two connections available. The staff with middle hair is restaurant staff. Restaurant is outsourced so technicaly it is not the Hostel although we will take the necessary steps to train them to perfection.

Pro: Everything* Cons: *Poor internet connection :( bathroom was not clean, water shifted from hot to cold the whole stay (uncomfortable)

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Norway

Quality hostel by all means. Emre, manager, took us for shopping crawl carried our bags :) sorted our tour along inland and mediterranenan turkey… first class, highly recommended

• 23rd Aug 2014

Fantastic Hostel! Cheers lighthouse was hands down the best hostel I have stayed at! The staff were extremely helpful & welcoming. Location is excellent- walking distance to blue mosque, grand bazaar & Aya Sophia. Wifi fast , rooms very spacious. I would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Istanbul.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Clean hostel, great location, free wi-fi and breakfast. I read loads of reviews before choosing hostels and really happy to see Cheers takes the advice from travellers and fixes the minor faults like hangers in the bathroom etc... Special thanks to Onur and his awesome people, they made us feel home

• 22nd Aug 2014

You made our vacation guys! you will find here high level Turkish hospitality, convinient and calm location, they organised local attractions and our tour along the coast. Highly recommended!

Pros: The staff is nice and helpful, has great little cafe area with outdoor seating, room was spacious with two big windows making for good light. Private 2 bed room had our own bathroom. Cons: Almost half of the outlets in room did not work. The sea view was constricted by trees and some construction. No closet/hangers in room. No soap/shampoo holders in shower. No towel hooks in shower, so had to drape wet towels on the doors of little cupboard in the room. Still would recommend.

• 6th Aug 2014

A wonderful, chilled-out place to stay. The staff were fantastic and the rooms were clean and secure. Sitting on the back deck with a beer, overlooking the sea and listening to the evening calls to prayer was absolute bliss! I'd highly recommend this hostel and will definitely returning for my next stay in Istanbul.

Cheers Lighthouse is a great place to stay for your first visit to Istanbul. Everything you need to see is within an easy walk and it does not take far too reach points of access to the other sides of Istanbul. The hostel is super friendly and welcoming with staff available to help you at all times. Great atmosphere downstairs for a beer/tea and a chat. Restaurant served excellent food as well. Well recommended.

Super cool hostel, friendly staff, steps away from historic sites. Tidy rooms and clean showers and a there is always a good chat at the deck with ocean backdrop and when alone i used their free wifi. Breakfast was a great suprise, overall excellent

• 31st Jul 2014
  • fakihaydogan
  • Turkey

Thank You Cheers Lighthouse:) From arrival we welcomed by co-ordinator/co-owner Emre who is always helpful, young well spoken turkish man. Emre, even gave us his IstanbulCard so we could travel around Istanbul. Our room is located on second floor of this unique, bohem and almost brand new building. Clean bed sheets, turndown service once a day, immeculate toilet/showers and 24hour hot water. Breakfast served on balcony terrace, free wifi and a restaurant with excellent food made our stay fab:)

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent Hostel! Welcoming and helpful staff. Walking distance to all highlights of old town. Great breakfast served on ocean view terrace. Free wifi

great location, clean, helpful staff. This hostel definitly delivers more thn you could expect and i have stayed in many hostels

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Cheers Lighthouse was a great place to stay! It was our fırst night and they were very helpful in showıng us how to get around and making the start of our trip comfortable. It is also nearby Cheers Hostel where you can visit to experience the activıties that they offer!

The room could´ve had a few more trashcans - there was only one small one in the bathroom and it wasn´t emptied once during my 3-night stay. Since there was no place to throw stuff away, we ended up piling it next to the trash can. It wasn´t a pretty sight. Other than that, the location was good and rooms nice.