Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

İt was great experience for me. It definitely more than a worth the money I payed. Crew was great. They were friendly and helpful. Cheers lighthouse will be my next stay when I come back to Istanbul again. Dorm was more than a dorm. It was clean and neat. Especially I loved the bathroom. Special thanks to Murat and Tony. Cheers baby!!!

• 4th Feb 2016
  • Turkey

One of the best hostels I've stayed in my life (and I've stayed in many!). Staff is simply brilliant, Tony and Murat will treat you as part of their family. Excellent rooms, bathrooms, meals, view.. Just Excellent! "Cheers" guys! ;)

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

I stayed at the hostel for four nights and that was my best hostel experience ever. The Hostel has a very good location, even better then that. It has the best location in town. But the nicest part for me was the atmosphere, the hospitality of people working there and the comfort. The room is clean, brand new beds, very comfortable and quiet. Thanks a lot to Tony and Murat as well as all the staff working there. You guys are running the place that I would always want to come back.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Ukraine

We had a 21 hour layover in Istanbul and wish we could have stayed longer. It's a beautiful city and Cheers Lighthouse was a great place to stay, especially with it's location. It's within walking distance to the blue mosque and Grand Bizarre. Since we didn't have much time in the city to explore, Tony (the manager) took us out and personally showed us around the new and old city. The hospitality was outstanding and we couldn't have asked for a better visit. Can't wait for our next visit!!

I stayed at Cheers Lighthouse in January. They have spacious bedrooms, the beds are wider and thicker than any other hostels I have been to and they are very comfortable. The bathrooms are ample, very clean and totally different from the usual type of bathroom one comes across with in the vast majority of hostels. Breakfast is really good. But the very best is the hospitality of the staff. Murat and Tony do their best to cater to all your needs and make you feel great. I highly recommend them.

• 31st Dec 2015

No kitchen, no common room. We wanted to change to another hostel, they did not let us + wanted to charge our credit card for the entire duration. The location is super touristy, we preferred the new part of the city. Cleanliness: in 10 days the floor in our room got not cleaned once; the bathroom was cleaned superficially. It was very quiet + the owner told us several times that it would be busier soon, but nothing happend, so all together we basically feel we have been lied to the entire time.

I would recommend the hostel as the location is convenient and the staff is very welcoming. Tony (the owner) and Murat are running a fun place and are happy to help travellers with tips or even taking you around town.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

We have a great time in this hostel. Toni and others are very nice and always with smile. They take care of our road back to airport, find as the best deal for that. Recommend to all people, couples, families. Location, near stores, terrace, food, interior and many other things are really great about it. Very very best experience.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Serbia

Great staff. Great Bar,

As two cousins we stayed at cheerslighthouse we were amazed with the lovely view and the great service that was given to us location was in the centre of sultan ahmet. The bathrooms were very clean and very big rooms with sea view thank you to tony that organized free walking tour,cooking class,pub crawl

• 19th Nov 2015

Location just outside the main old part of the city, but only a short walk to it, the main sights and tram, a quiet area. My room (private) very large with sea view (but an upgrade from what I actually booked / paid for as a quiet period, 35 Euros per night). Good breakfast, starts 8.30 - earlier would have been preferable. Restaurant with full meals, good, but no other communal area, relaxing terrace with sea view.

Incredible stay! Tony was an amazing host, taking hospitality to a whole new level. He really loves the city of Istanbul, and advising travellers on what to see based on their interests! The hostel itself is very beautiful and I loved starting my mornings with their Turkish breakfast and tea, sitting in the sun on the patio overlooking the water. Book your stay here - Tony will make sure you have an amazing trip!

• 15th Nov 2015

We stayed in three different hostels in Istanbul, and this was far the best. Even after a rough start (the government shut the water supply in the whole district because of a construction project), Tony, the manager made sure that we will enjoy our time with them despite this inconvenience. We spent great times together wandering around the city, finding nice spots which tourists couldn't find on their own. The breakfast, the terrace, the rooms, everything was perfect. Thanks Tony and Murat!

I stayed two nights and it was perfect. Tony is extremely helpful, friendly and fun. The location is excellent - close to transport, sites and everything, but also quiet and in a nice area. The traditional Turkish breakfast was a great start to the days and the restaurant/common area is relaxed and comfortable. Great hostel!

Nice people helpful and well position in the historical center !

Seriously great hostel, with amazing staff who go out of their way to make sure you're taken care of ☺️

Had a great time at Cheers Lighthouse. I only intended on staying two nights, but ended up staying for the rest of the week. The dorms where clean, WIFI was good and the free breakfast was excellent. Tony (manager) was extremely friendly and helpful, providing me with all the information I needed to have the best possible time in Istanbul. Whether your a lone traveler or with a group, this place is right for you. Would defiantly stay here again!

• 13th Oct 2015

Friendly staff. Ask for Tony.

• 12th Oct 2015

Cheers was great. We loved our stay there. Clean rooms, comfy beds, hot showers and the food in the cheers soul resturant was the bomb! Tony and the guys downstairs were so very helpful. They would go out of the way to make sure you had a good day, very knowledgable about the city and what to do there also.

• 8th Oct 2015

as a female guest I felt very welcomed and safe, Tony the manager was very kind and helpful and always took care of me when I needed information and directions he gave me a lot of local tips, the walking tour was amazing, also the location of the hostel was perfect, we had very good breakfast with the marmara sea view, very clean hostel well maintained and managed.the rooms were very spacious with air conditioning and clean bathrooms, it was a unique experience.