Cheers Lighthouse

Superb 496 Total Reviews
Superb 496 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

Great hostel, good vibes. Really liked event part, good opportunity to socialize. Dont miss the bbq party, it's really cool. Definitely will come back

• Australia, Female, 25-30
31st Jul 2017
6.9

It's a nice place with a cool balcony looking out to sea and the staff are pretty friendly but there's not much of a vibe. I stayed for 4 nights and it wasn't very clean- the floor was a bit dirty, the luggage storage had heaps of dust, the shower hadn't been cleaned in a while, broken toilet seat, no toilet paper when we arrived, ran out of soap the second day. I could deal with that stuff but the bed was a deal breaker - super uncomfortable with all the springs digging in.

• France, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2017
6.6

I arrived to the hostel late in the evening, they couldn't find the key for the room nor the locker key. Luckily the dorm room was opened so I could enter the room, but I didnt have the option to leave and come back in case the door would be closed, and neither to leave my bag in a closed locker.They didn't know which bed was mine so they gave me a bed randomly but it was actually already someone's bed who came back later that night. Bed and bathroom were not really clean. Would NOT recommend.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017

Thanks for looking after us over the past few days guys! Great hostel and would very highly recommend. Murat was exceptionally helpful and helped us organize other aspects of our trip.

• South Korea, Male, 41+
21st Jul 2017
6.3

It's nice they serve you breakfast. But also they use this social place as a bar and restaurant after breakfast so you don't have kitchen. No fridge. No utensils. And one more thing, prepare small money, you don't get your change. I had lunch at their restaurant, and they gave me another soda instead of change after i demand my change two times.

• South Africa, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2017

Just one word to describe this place, AMAZING! From the people to the location everything about this hostel screams award winning. Murat and his brothers run an excellent facility and not once did we feel like outsiders. From the moment we entered we were part of their family. There facilities they offer are great and the hostel itself can be compared to hotel that one would pay top dollar a night for. Had an amazing 2 days in Istanbul. I would recommend anyone traveling to turkey to stay here.

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2017

The only thing that I am complaining is I do not have enough time to be there! People were nice, breakfast was delicious and not to mention about the stunning sea view! It is very close from the main attractions and I enjoyed staying there! Thank you all the staff for being so welcoming and helpful! See you again very soon! :)

• Sarah_yogini_nurse
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
5th Jul 2017

I stayed here for 5 nights when starting my trip in Turkey. Murat was so friendly and helpful... bonus that his English is great! He organized a trip for a group of us to a Turkish bath. The atmosphere is friendly and chill at times. Always a conversation to be had in the common area. Free water and great a/c. Jenny a volunteer made great coffee in the morning :) the area was good to walk to the blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cisterns. The tram was 8-10 minute walk but a beautiful one

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
4th Jul 2017

Very good hostel in central Istanbul. Nice dorms and showers. Very nice terrace with awesome view on the bosphorus. The guys running the hostel do a great job, especially Murat is great company during the nights! I'll be back here...

• England, Male, 25-30
1st Jul 2017
6.6

This hostel was nice enough but could improve in areas. Security was a big issue for me. The front doors were often not locked and anyone could walk in to the rooms off the streets. Rooms were very comfortable with great air conditioning. Bathrooms were good but needed cleaning more frequently. The staff were helpful but at times tried to flog us over priced excursions e.g. Bosphorous cruises. Good location near the main tourist sites and situated in a friendly neighbourhood.