Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

A nice hostel in a good location in the "Old City" or historical area of Istanbul, Sultanhamet. I would stay either here, because it's 5-10 min walking to the central square where everything on that side is, or across the bridge in the newer, trendier area. But this one is very well located near the main stuff to see, and yet is on a nice quiet street in a neighborhood.

Great staff, great location, great breakfast and great service! :-D

I was extremely impressed with Cheers Lighthouse. Immediately upon arriving, Emre, one of the awesome staff members, gave me a map with numerous locations, and described the best parts of the city to go to. My room was lovely, definitely one of the nicest looking hostel rooms I've stayed in. The staff is extremely friendly, the apple tea is fantastic, and the food at the restaurant is delicious. My only gripe is that I would have liked more communal areas to hang out.

nice and welcomingand helpful staff, rooms as clean as it can be expected in a hostel. new house, good food. after all a good place to stay in. really quiet at night !

Thanks for a fantastic stay!

Cheers lighthouse is intimate (around 30 beds in total, including two dorms of 6 beds), the smell of lovely Turkish food greets you from the kitchen, the terrace with the sea view is yours to enjoy at any time of day and night. The staff of Cheers lighthouse treat the house as their home and every visitor as their special guest. We know this because we spent a lot of time on the terrace, blending into the daily life of this welcoming house. Open your heart and they will surprise you.

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you for making our stay unforgettable. We really enjoyed it! Group Mexico & Slovakia

The hostel is located near Blue Mosque, 3 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and 7 minutes walk from Sultan Ahmet Metro station. It takes only 5 minutes walk to Agra Sophia. The stuffs are very helpful and friendly. The atmosphare of the hostel is very nice and cosy. I feel very relax staying there, even though it's in the middle of the big city. The breakfast is for the price very good!

• 24th May 2014

Super friendly staff, always keen to help you. Very nice breakfast. Amazing view from the terrace. I will come back for sure.

Convenient location, walking distance to all the major attractions such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, the restaurant downstairs serves amazing food and the free breakfast is nothing like what you'd expect in a hostel. Lastly, a shout-out to the receptionist Yavuz for being so friendly and helpful! Overall it was a great experience staying here, and I would definitely come back if I were to visit Istanbul again :)

• 12th Apr 2014

Very friendly atmosphere . Yavuz was really helpful . He helped me also with my travel arrangements out of Istanbul as well. I will be back and looking forward to stay there again.

Very friendly and helpfull staff, quiet atmosphere, plenty of breakfast, clean rooms, decent restaurant and within walking distance of all places of interest.

a place i would definitely recommend. awesome staff and a unbeatable location. cheers hannes ;)

This is an excellent choice for every backpacker. Under ten minutes far from the Blue Mosque with a nice terrace and an awesome view on the ocean. My only negative point is the varying water pressure of the shower in the second floor. This hostel can only host up to 21 people and I think that is part of the reason why we had such nice evenings with the staff and other hostel guest in the familiar atmossphere.

• 28th Mar 2014