Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel is located near Blue Mosque, 3 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and 7 minutes walk from Sultan Ahmet Metro station. It takes only 5 minutes walk to Agra Sophia. The stuffs are very helpful and friendly. The atmosphare of the hostel is very nice and cosy. I feel very relax staying there, even though it's in the middle of the big city. The breakfast is for the price very good!

• 24th May 2014

Super friendly staff, always keen to help you. Very nice breakfast. Amazing view from the terrace. I will come back for sure.

Convenient location, walking distance to all the major attractions such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, the restaurant downstairs serves amazing food and the free breakfast is nothing like what you'd expect in a hostel. Lastly, a shout-out to the receptionist Yavuz for being so friendly and helpful! Overall it was a great experience staying here, and I would definitely come back if I were to visit Istanbul again :)

• 12th Apr 2014

Very friendly atmosphere . Yavuz was really helpful . He helped me also with my travel arrangements out of Istanbul as well. I will be back and looking forward to stay there again.

Very friendly and helpfull staff, quiet atmosphere, plenty of breakfast, clean rooms, decent restaurant and within walking distance of all places of interest.

a place i would definitely recommend. awesome staff and a unbeatable location. cheers hannes ;)

This is an excellent choice for every backpacker. Under ten minutes far from the Blue Mosque with a nice terrace and an awesome view on the ocean. My only negative point is the varying water pressure of the shower in the second floor. This hostel can only host up to 21 people and I think that is part of the reason why we had such nice evenings with the staff and other hostel guest in the familiar atmossphere.

• 28th Mar 2014

Cheers Lighthouse was great! We got confused about the dates and forgot to book a room for the night that we arrive. There were no dorm rooms left, but Cheers let us stay in a private room for a greatly reduced price since we had made a mistake. The free breakfast is delicious, the rooms are beautiful the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. There is a nice restaurant in the hostel and guests get a 10% discount. Definitely recommend this place!

• 19th Mar 2014

This place was spectacular, no better location in Istanbul. I had absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The free breakfast is the best I've ever had in a hostel. Much better than the usual bread and juice. The wifi is great, which is also usually a disappointment elsewhere but not here! One thing, Cheers owns two locations and this one is much better for a quieter time. Being a solo traveler, I wish I had stayed at the other location to meet more people. GREAT PLACE THOUGH!

Perfect location, comfortable beds. And the food of the restaurant is great.

I'm submitting this review on behalf of my parents who were absolutely lyrical about this place: dream location, very clean and excellent staff.

On arrival, the staff was not friendly, and we did not receive any information about the hostel or the neighborhood or city. Our room was given to us without comment - we were just told that we would get all the info and could pay tomorrow when the "reception guy" would be there. Also in the next 2 days the staff was unfriendly and not service-oriented. Then the owner of the hostel appeared. He was very nice, friendly and gave us planty of advice - as it should be.

1 2 Next » last »