Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel for sightseeing around Sultanahmet, it's within walking distance of all the big sights. Rooms are clean and staff is very helpful. I even got my room upgraded for free. Only complaint is that there was some noise from traffic and construction that sometimes made it difficult to sleep.

We booked rooms in the dorm but since they were overbooked got upgraded to a private room. The bathroom in the Almond Tree room has noisy pipes but the bed was super comfy. There was also quite a bit of noise behind the hostel (construction, I think?) but it didn't bother me. Several members of staff were absolutely amazing! A few were not very helpful but that may have been language barrier more than anything. Great breakfast.

Excellent food and great service.Top notch concern with requires.I had great time.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Great atmoshphere and helpful staff.I had great time...

This wooden hostel with magnificient views to the sea is located in a quiet and pintoresque neighborhood. It is close to the main sightseeing monuments in Sultanahmet (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque...) and at the same time in a small and silent backstreet with lots of restaurants and bars. The staff was really nice to us, sometimes a little bit pushy to spend in their bar. The breakfast is really good, a buffet with even fresh fruit. The bed mattrasses were very comfortable. A little bit pricey.

Man, I had some mad nights out! Viva Mr Tony Montana!

I had a wonderful stay at Cheers Lighthouse hostel--Emre was welcoming and attentive from the moment I booked my room, communicating before I arrived to make sure I didn't need any help getting from the airport or planning my activities. Upon arrival, he was incredibly friendly, even giving me some apple tea after noticing how exhausted and drained I was after my travels. Room was tidy, the (free) lockers spacious, and the on-site restaurant was really excellent as well!

AI enjoyed my staying in CHL. Although I stayed only one night it was very pleasant. The hostel has an excellent location, just 10 mins walk from Sultanahmet tram stop, safe area. The room was nice and the lockers large enough to store my 80L backpack! Definitely would recommend the hostel to my friends.

Amazing staff. I got an email asking if I need help with any tours or information about the city within minutes after my booking. It was clean and comfortable and the restaurant was top notch.

Right from the moment I walked in the guys were awesome. Very helpful and great location. They even walked me to the taxi rank at 4 in the morning to make sure I got to the airport ontime. They were always trying exceed the wow factor which was nice.

The staff where extremely helpful and friendly. Helped in starting off my trip and planning the next major leg. Have no concerns when booking a hostel here.

Emre, was a fantastic host. Very very helpful and has an exceptional knowledge of the local places to eat and to go! My wife and I had a private room, which had air-conditioning and its own fridge.Beds were very comfortable, and rooms were very clean. It was close enough to the hustle and bustle but far enough that the mosque prayers in the morning and evening did not effect our sleep. I would highly recommend staying here!

• 4th Sep 2014

Only good things to say about this place! The most hospitable staff I've ever come across! I'm even staying a second time after a 2 week tour that I did because I loved it so much. Clean, awesome restaurant attached, delicious free breakfast, great location near Ayasofya, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, etc.

excellent place to stay.no doubt believe me!

No wifi in the room only use it on reception The staff who has middle hair is so rude and unkind. If i go istanbul again I never stay here.

Good day Subi, we are terribly hear to sorry your bad experience with internet and wish you would ask us to best way to connect from your room since there is two connections available. The staff with middle hair is restaurant staff. Restaurant is outsourced so technicaly it is not the Hostel although we will take the necessary steps to train them to perfection.

Pro: Everything* Cons: *Poor internet connection :( bathroom was not clean, water shifted from hot to cold the whole stay (uncomfortable)

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Norway

Quality hostel by all means. Emre, manager, took us for shopping crawl carried our bags :) sorted our tour along inland and mediterranenan turkey… first class, highly recommended

• 23rd Aug 2014

Fantastic Hostel! Cheers lighthouse was hands down the best hostel I have stayed at! The staff were extremely helpful & welcoming. Location is excellent- walking distance to blue mosque, grand bazaar & Aya Sophia. Wifi fast , rooms very spacious. I would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Istanbul.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Clean hostel, great location, free wi-fi and breakfast. I read loads of reviews before choosing hostels and really happy to see Cheers takes the advice from travellers and fixes the minor faults like hangers in the bathroom etc... Special thanks to Onur and his awesome people, they made us feel home

• 22nd Aug 2014

You made our vacation guys! you will find here high level Turkish hospitality, convinient and calm location, they organised local attractions and our tour along the coast. Highly recommended!