Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

This is probably the best hostel I have stayed in. Very clean, extremely nice rooms, cute decor, includes wifi, breakfast, towels, and is in a really great location. The people are so nice and welcoming; I would actually call them all friends now! Really great place with really great and helpful people.

• 6th Nov 2014

Just around the corner from the Hippodrome area Sultanahmet ( Blue ) Mosque etc.where all your points of interest are. Very informative of all areas in Istanbul with great advise for recommended areas. Comfortable ,cool atmosphere. Not a loud partying place which is great ! Looks out to the Bosphorous from the outdoor tables.& Great B'fast Included. The Restaurant attracts others including persons not staying there.

The room had six beds but only 2 power sockets.

The location was perfect, staff were really friendly, knowledgable and helpful. The restaurant downstairs was wonderful. Our first night there was no hot water, but the staff did everything to let us know and give us alternatives. Luckily it was fixed the next day.

• 31st Oct 2014

Tanks for wendurfull stay

• Azerbaijan
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Best hostel ever. Clean rooms, great staff, nice restaurant and excellent location

• 28th Oct 2014

Excellent location, friendly staff, free wi fi and breakfast, clean rooms and bathrooms. Cheers to Cheers Lighthouse

• 28th Oct 2014

Staff were quite helpful, especially Emre. Location is great if you want to visit all the tourist spots like Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace etc. Hard to meet people as there isn't really a common area/kitchen to hang out in, but there is a restaurant downstairs.

This was the second time I stayed at the hostel, and at first I was a bit disappointed because I didn't get a dorm as great (Pomegranate) as the one I had last time (Apricot). The bathroom was in need of several repairs, with mold growing in the ceiling and a shower without door that caused the bathroom floor to be always soaked. However, after two nights I got moved to a private room without any additional charge, and the staff of the hostel was at all times as kind and attentive as ever.

Great location (5-10 minutes to blue mosque and ayasophia), clean, good staff

The stay started off well, staff were friendly, the dorm room was spacious. The next morning, as I was sliding the bathroom screen to shower, the glass door unhinged and smashed all over me. The overnight staff reception simply said that someone will be in to clean it later, and was not concerned at all about the danger of glass everywhere. He later said that we would need to pay for repairs and accused me of drinking, which I had not.

Wonderful hotel! Easily accessible! Friendly staff! Highly recommended if yours staying near the Blue Mosque area!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

This little/boutique place has a special character. I stayed with my friend in the hostel. The location is perfect, just a few minutes walking from all the big sights. The place is extremly clean and the staff is really friendly and helps you out with everything you ask. Downstairs is a restaurant with sea view which is called Cheers Soul Kitchen. Usually at this kind of joined establishments, the food is disappointing, but we gave it a try and I have to say this was the best meal in Istanbul.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great location nice big room decent bathroom etc. we stayed for 6 nights and our room wasn't cleaned at all during that period which is a bit gross would have loved fresh towels etc. staff were to pushy for you to eat in the restaurant which was a little awkward. I wouldn't recommend it for solo travellers . Overall not a bad place but could be better for the price.

Pros: cleanliness, private bathrooms, breakfast, location. Cons: MOST of the staff are great, but there is one guy (who did odd jobs-serves coffee an tea in the morning, carries bags up to the rooms) who was creepy and sexually harassed some of the girls staying at the hostel.

Great hostel for sightseeing around Sultanahmet, it's within walking distance of all the big sights. Rooms are clean and staff is very helpful. I even got my room upgraded for free. Only complaint is that there was some noise from traffic and construction that sometimes made it difficult to sleep.

We booked rooms in the dorm but since they were overbooked got upgraded to a private room. The bathroom in the Almond Tree room has noisy pipes but the bed was super comfy. There was also quite a bit of noise behind the hostel (construction, I think?) but it didn't bother me. Several members of staff were absolutely amazing! A few were not very helpful but that may have been language barrier more than anything. Great breakfast.

Excellent food and great service.Top notch concern with requires.I had great time.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Great atmoshphere and helpful staff.I had great time...

This wooden hostel with magnificient views to the sea is located in a quiet and pintoresque neighborhood. It is close to the main sightseeing monuments in Sultanahmet (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque...) and at the same time in a small and silent backstreet with lots of restaurants and bars. The staff was really nice to us, sometimes a little bit pushy to spend in their bar. The breakfast is really good, a buffet with even fresh fruit. The bed mattrasses were very comfortable. A little bit pricey.

1 2 Next » last »