Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

There was no running water in our room, which we were not told about at check in. The staff member responding to this was not very helpful, telling us that there was an issue with water supply in the area and that there was nothing he could do about it. We tried to make a change to our booking as a result of this and they were very inflexible. Following this the owner came and spoke to us, and was very nice and apologetic.

I only stayed here for a night and it was pretty empty and quiet but the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The restaurant is also AMAZING. Definitely eat there (and get the shrimp appetizers!).

Great hostel. Clean, very friendly staff, great location. I would absolutely return and recommend staying here

We feel we could not have chosen a more perfect place to stay during our 9 day trip in Istanbul. The location is perfect-a view of the Bosphorous from our room and within walking distance of major sites. Rooms were of hotel quality and kept very clean. Very complete breakfast withTurkish tea available at any time. The staff was personable, kind, and informative giving us recommendations of local places to visit each day. We felt they genuinely cared about making our experience safe and unique.

• 18th May 2015

I did not stay for long but everything seemed quite nice. great staff- very friendly,funny. They actually help you plan your trip. great location, very close to popular tourist spots and at the same time very quite. Highly recommended.

• 13th May 2015
  • India

Great hostel great location stunning view from the room, the best staff, for sure my best stay in ista!!

• 9th May 2015

Hands down!lf you are looking for quality,Cheers Lighthouse is the place.Yes it is a hostel but a top class one :)

This hostel network and staff here are fantastic. After an issue with the water, they had a room for me despite my late arrival and did everything they could to make my stay in Istanbul memorable. There are plenty of activities if you are looking for something to do, and they are always able to help if you're looking to go off exploring the city.

• 1st May 2015

Please, if you are making breakfast, go and get fresh ingredients every day!!! We eaten the same strawberries on mondes as well as on wednesday. For 70 eur per day. Disapointing!!!

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your productive review. One of our promise to our guests is our legendary hospitality; we wish you would have told us about strawberries so we could immediately replace it. After your review, Strawberry had been replaced with Kiwi from our Power Breakfast Buffet. We look forward seeing you on your next visit. Cheers

very helpful and nice stuff, thank´s a lot!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Get ready to have a great time at this hostel! Some of the best staff working here to make you feel right at home. The staff are locals and know everything needed to know when you’re visiting. The dorms are amazing. Kept very clean, they have huge lockers to put 65 liter backpack and your laptop in. Security is 100% here! The bunks are very comfortable, nice views of the town. The dorms have their own shower and toilet. When you get hungry, the hostel has a restaurant downstairs. The food is ama

amazing. its not a hostel. its home

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Pakistan

I will come back again soon!!! everything was great.. thx a million to friendly staff.. and the place itself was also perfect... close to everywhere.. delicious food.. impressive sea view.. more than I expect..

• 15th Apr 2015

Cheers Lighthouse was fantastic, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They let us know all the best places to head to and how to get there. The restaurant was delicious and the views amazing. We would definitely recommend it to others and will head back here next time we go to Istanbul.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Everything was amazing at our stay. The staff was really helpful. The only negative point is the lack of a social room. Since it is also a restaurant, no one felt comfortable in staying at the tables.

Less than 5 min walk from the blue mosque and hagia sofia. Very good location!. We were 3 people and we had a lovely room with a bathroom, a double bed and two sets of bunk beds. It was a nicer room than some of the far more expensive hotels we'd stayed in. A cleaner cleans it every day. Good wifi!! The staff were very friendly and gave lots of information on the city. There's a bar/restaurant in the hostel. Breakfast was adequate. No complaints.

We loved our stay at Cheers Lighthouse. I've been to many hostels around the world and never so much enjoyed actually being AT the hostel. We often came back early just to chill in our room with a beautiful view of the Marmara sea, or to enjoy the EXCELLENT food and service at the restaurant. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. I look forward to a chance to come back.

• 25th Mar 2015

Perfect experience. Ideally located in a quiet and charming part of the old Istanbul, right behind the blue mosque and all the major sights. The rooms are clean and bright and the dorms all have an ensuite bathroom. Breakfast is very good and the restaurant downstairs is excellent as well. But the staff really makes it. Emre is the man, ask him about his favorite kebab place, or where to go and what to see in Taksim and the Asia side, he knows it all. Will come back

Just left Istanbul where I stopped by for one night at Cheers Lighthouse, now it's time to heading back to my long journey across Turkey. Need to leave a message to my new friends in Istanbul a special thanks to Cheers Ligh.'s staff who welcomed me with a hot çay and make me feel like at home. I foundt this cozy hostel (it has also superbs rooms facing the Bosphorus!!!) in the best location, next to famous point of attractions, my room was perfect, amazing breakfast, for sure I'll be back!!

• 25th Mar 2015

Its a great place and very cozy. With a lovely terrace with sea view. The staff is amazing, nice and helpfull. Highly recommended!! I'll defenitely back🎀💕 Sofie