Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Pros: The staff is nice and helpful, has great little cafe area with outdoor seating, room was spacious with two big windows making for good light. Private 2 bed room had our own bathroom. Cons: Almost half of the outlets in room did not work. The sea view was constricted by trees and some construction. No closet/hangers in room. No soap/shampoo holders in shower. No towel hooks in shower, so had to drape wet towels on the doors of little cupboard in the room. Still would recommend.

• 6th Aug 2014

A wonderful, chilled-out place to stay. The staff were fantastic and the rooms were clean and secure. Sitting on the back deck with a beer, overlooking the sea and listening to the evening calls to prayer was absolute bliss! I'd highly recommend this hostel and will definitely returning for my next stay in Istanbul.

Cheers Lighthouse is a great place to stay for your first visit to Istanbul. Everything you need to see is within an easy walk and it does not take far too reach points of access to the other sides of Istanbul. The hostel is super friendly and welcoming with staff available to help you at all times. Great atmosphere downstairs for a beer/tea and a chat. Restaurant served excellent food as well. Well recommended.

Super cool hostel, friendly staff, steps away from historic sites. Tidy rooms and clean showers and a there is always a good chat at the deck with ocean backdrop and when alone i used their free wifi. Breakfast was a great suprise, overall excellent

Thank You Cheers Lighthouse:) From arrival we welcomed by co-ordinator/co-owner Emre who is always helpful, young well spoken turkish man. Emre, even gave us his IstanbulCard so we could travel around Istanbul. Our room is located on second floor of this unique, bohem and almost brand new building. Clean bed sheets, turndown service once a day, immeculate toilet/showers and 24hour hot water. Breakfast served on balcony terrace, free wifi and a restaurant with excellent food made our stay fab:)

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent Hostel! Welcoming and helpful staff. Walking distance to all highlights of old town. Great breakfast served on ocean view terrace. Free wifi

great location, clean, helpful staff. This hostel definitly delivers more thn you could expect and i have stayed in many hostels

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Cheers Lighthouse was a great place to stay! It was our fırst night and they were very helpful in showıng us how to get around and making the start of our trip comfortable. It is also nearby Cheers Hostel where you can visit to experience the activıties that they offer!

The room could´ve had a few more trashcans - there was only one small one in the bathroom and it wasn´t emptied once during my 3-night stay. Since there was no place to throw stuff away, we ended up piling it next to the trash can. It wasn´t a pretty sight. Other than that, the location was good and rooms nice.

A nice hostel in a good location in the "Old City" or historical area of Istanbul, Sultanhamet. I would stay either here, because it's 5-10 min walking to the central square where everything on that side is, or across the bridge in the newer, trendier area. But this one is very well located near the main stuff to see, and yet is on a nice quiet street in a neighborhood.

Great staff, great location, great breakfast and great service! :-D

I was extremely impressed with Cheers Lighthouse. Immediately upon arriving, Emre, one of the awesome staff members, gave me a map with numerous locations, and described the best parts of the city to go to. My room was lovely, definitely one of the nicest looking hostel rooms I've stayed in. The staff is extremely friendly, the apple tea is fantastic, and the food at the restaurant is delicious. My only gripe is that I would have liked more communal areas to hang out.

nice and welcomingand helpful staff, rooms as clean as it can be expected in a hostel. new house, good food. after all a good place to stay in. really quiet at night !

Thanks for a fantastic stay!

Cheers lighthouse is intimate (around 30 beds in total, including two dorms of 6 beds), the smell of lovely Turkish food greets you from the kitchen, the terrace with the sea view is yours to enjoy at any time of day and night. The staff of Cheers lighthouse treat the house as their home and every visitor as their special guest. We know this because we spent a lot of time on the terrace, blending into the daily life of this welcoming house. Open your heart and they will surprise you.

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you for making our stay unforgettable. We really enjoyed it! Group Mexico & Slovakia

The hostel is located near Blue Mosque, 3 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and 7 minutes walk from Sultan Ahmet Metro station. It takes only 5 minutes walk to Agra Sophia. The stuffs are very helpful and friendly. The atmosphare of the hostel is very nice and cosy. I feel very relax staying there, even though it's in the middle of the big city. The breakfast is for the price very good!

• 24th May 2014

Super friendly staff, always keen to help you. Very nice breakfast. Amazing view from the terrace. I will come back for sure.

Convenient location, walking distance to all the major attractions such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, the restaurant downstairs serves amazing food and the free breakfast is nothing like what you'd expect in a hostel. Lastly, a shout-out to the receptionist Yavuz for being so friendly and helpful! Overall it was a great experience staying here, and I would definitely come back if I were to visit Istanbul again :)

• 12th Apr 2014

Very friendly atmosphere . Yavuz was really helpful . He helped me also with my travel arrangements out of Istanbul as well. I will be back and looking forward to stay there again.