Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Staff were quite helpful, especially Emre. Location is great if you want to visit all the tourist spots like Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace etc. Hard to meet people as there isn't really a common area/kitchen to hang out in, but there is a restaurant downstairs.

This was the second time I stayed at the hostel, and at first I was a bit disappointed because I didn't get a dorm as great (Pomegranate) as the one I had last time (Apricot). The bathroom was in need of several repairs, with mold growing in the ceiling and a shower without door that caused the bathroom floor to be always soaked. However, after two nights I got moved to a private room without any additional charge, and the staff of the hostel was at all times as kind and attentive as ever.

Great location (5-10 minutes to blue mosque and ayasophia), clean, good staff

The stay started off well, staff were friendly, the dorm room was spacious. The next morning, as I was sliding the bathroom screen to shower, the glass door unhinged and smashed all over me. The overnight staff reception simply said that someone will be in to clean it later, and was not concerned at all about the danger of glass everywhere. He later said that we would need to pay for repairs and accused me of drinking, which I had not.

Wonderful hotel! Easily accessible! Friendly staff! Highly recommended if yours staying near the Blue Mosque area!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

This little/boutique place has a special character. I stayed with my friend in the hostel. The location is perfect, just a few minutes walking from all the big sights. The place is extremly clean and the staff is really friendly and helps you out with everything you ask. Downstairs is a restaurant with sea view which is called Cheers Soul Kitchen. Usually at this kind of joined establishments, the food is disappointing, but we gave it a try and I have to say this was the best meal in Istanbul.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great location nice big room decent bathroom etc. we stayed for 6 nights and our room wasn't cleaned at all during that period which is a bit gross would have loved fresh towels etc. staff were to pushy for you to eat in the restaurant which was a little awkward. I wouldn't recommend it for solo travellers . Overall not a bad place but could be better for the price.

Pros: cleanliness, private bathrooms, breakfast, location. Cons: MOST of the staff are great, but there is one guy (who did odd jobs-serves coffee an tea in the morning, carries bags up to the rooms) who was creepy and sexually harassed some of the girls staying at the hostel.

Great hostel for sightseeing around Sultanahmet, it's within walking distance of all the big sights. Rooms are clean and staff is very helpful. I even got my room upgraded for free. Only complaint is that there was some noise from traffic and construction that sometimes made it difficult to sleep.

We booked rooms in the dorm but since they were overbooked got upgraded to a private room. The bathroom in the Almond Tree room has noisy pipes but the bed was super comfy. There was also quite a bit of noise behind the hostel (construction, I think?) but it didn't bother me. Several members of staff were absolutely amazing! A few were not very helpful but that may have been language barrier more than anything. Great breakfast.

Excellent food and great service.Top notch concern with requires.I had great time.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Great atmoshphere and helpful staff.I had great time...

This wooden hostel with magnificient views to the sea is located in a quiet and pintoresque neighborhood. It is close to the main sightseeing monuments in Sultanahmet (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque...) and at the same time in a small and silent backstreet with lots of restaurants and bars. The staff was really nice to us, sometimes a little bit pushy to spend in their bar. The breakfast is really good, a buffet with even fresh fruit. The bed mattrasses were very comfortable. A little bit pricey.

Man, I had some mad nights out! Viva Mr Tony Montana!

I had a wonderful stay at Cheers Lighthouse hostel--Emre was welcoming and attentive from the moment I booked my room, communicating before I arrived to make sure I didn't need any help getting from the airport or planning my activities. Upon arrival, he was incredibly friendly, even giving me some apple tea after noticing how exhausted and drained I was after my travels. Room was tidy, the (free) lockers spacious, and the on-site restaurant was really excellent as well!

AI enjoyed my staying in CHL. Although I stayed only one night it was very pleasant. The hostel has an excellent location, just 10 mins walk from Sultanahmet tram stop, safe area. The room was nice and the lockers large enough to store my 80L backpack! Definitely would recommend the hostel to my friends.

Amazing staff. I got an email asking if I need help with any tours or information about the city within minutes after my booking. It was clean and comfortable and the restaurant was top notch.

Right from the moment I walked in the guys were awesome. Very helpful and great location. They even walked me to the taxi rank at 4 in the morning to make sure I got to the airport ontime. They were always trying exceed the wow factor which was nice.

The staff where extremely helpful and friendly. Helped in starting off my trip and planning the next major leg. Have no concerns when booking a hostel here.

Emre, was a fantastic host. Very very helpful and has an exceptional knowledge of the local places to eat and to go! My wife and I had a private room, which had air-conditioning and its own fridge.Beds were very comfortable, and rooms were very clean. It was close enough to the hustle and bustle but far enough that the mosque prayers in the morning and evening did not effect our sleep. I would highly recommend staying here!

• 4th Sep 2014