Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Thanks for a fantastic stay!

Cheers lighthouse is intimate (around 30 beds in total, including two dorms of 6 beds), the smell of lovely Turkish food greets you from the kitchen, the terrace with the sea view is yours to enjoy at any time of day and night. The staff of Cheers lighthouse treat the house as their home and every visitor as their special guest. We know this because we spent a lot of time on the terrace, blending into the daily life of this welcoming house. Open your heart and they will surprise you.

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you for making our stay unforgettable. We really enjoyed it! Group Mexico & Slovakia

The hostel is located near Blue Mosque, 3 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and 7 minutes walk from Sultan Ahmet Metro station. It takes only 5 minutes walk to Agra Sophia. The stuffs are very helpful and friendly. The atmosphare of the hostel is very nice and cosy. I feel very relax staying there, even though it's in the middle of the big city. The breakfast is for the price very good!

• 24th May 2014

Super friendly staff, always keen to help you. Very nice breakfast. Amazing view from the terrace. I will come back for sure.

Convenient location, walking distance to all the major attractions such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, the restaurant downstairs serves amazing food and the free breakfast is nothing like what you'd expect in a hostel. Lastly, a shout-out to the receptionist Yavuz for being so friendly and helpful! Overall it was a great experience staying here, and I would definitely come back if I were to visit Istanbul again :)

• 12th Apr 2014

Very friendly atmosphere . Yavuz was really helpful . He helped me also with my travel arrangements out of Istanbul as well. I will be back and looking forward to stay there again.

Very friendly and helpfull staff, quiet atmosphere, plenty of breakfast, clean rooms, decent restaurant and within walking distance of all places of interest.

a place i would definitely recommend. awesome staff and a unbeatable location. cheers hannes ;)

This is an excellent choice for every backpacker. Under ten minutes far from the Blue Mosque with a nice terrace and an awesome view on the ocean. My only negative point is the varying water pressure of the shower in the second floor. This hostel can only host up to 21 people and I think that is part of the reason why we had such nice evenings with the staff and other hostel guest in the familiar atmossphere.

Cheers Lighthouse was great! We got confused about the dates and forgot to book a room for the night that we arrive. There were no dorm rooms left, but Cheers let us stay in a private room for a greatly reduced price since we had made a mistake. The free breakfast is delicious, the rooms are beautiful the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. There is a nice restaurant in the hostel and guests get a 10% discount. Definitely recommend this place!

• 19th Mar 2014

This place was spectacular, no better location in Istanbul. I had absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The free breakfast is the best I've ever had in a hostel. Much better than the usual bread and juice. The wifi is great, which is also usually a disappointment elsewhere but not here! One thing, Cheers owns two locations and this one is much better for a quieter time. Being a solo traveler, I wish I had stayed at the other location to meet more people. GREAT PLACE THOUGH!

Perfect location, comfortable beds. And the food of the restaurant is great.

I'm submitting this review on behalf of my parents who were absolutely lyrical about this place: dream location, very clean and excellent staff.

On arrival, the staff was not friendly, and we did not receive any information about the hostel or the neighborhood or city. Our room was given to us without comment - we were just told that we would get all the info and could pay tomorrow when the "reception guy" would be there. Also in the next 2 days the staff was unfriendly and not service-oriented. Then the owner of the hostel appeared. He was very nice, friendly and gave us planty of advice - as it should be.

great service and very clean place to stay

I have stayed here several times and always find a warm welcome from the staff. They are very willing to help with recommendations and advice. The place it clean and warm. It has the added benefit of an excellent restaurant!

• 15th Feb 2014

What an amazing hostel! The staff were so friendly, seeing we were tired they let us check in the following morning. They provided maps and great information. Because the hostel was not very busy (February) they were kind enough to offer us the big top floor room with balcony & private sauna! The location is excellent, a 3 min walk from the blue mosque in the beautiful old town. Excellent breakfast, with free apple tea on demand. Would definitely recommend! Thanks for a great stay!

Wonderful place in a great city! The beds are absolutely comfortable and the ensuite bathrooms perfectly clean. While this hostel is a quite silent place (and so perfect to sleep) you can always rush to the partner hostel only a few minutes away to meet other travellers and hang out on the rooftop. I will definitely stay here again!

Its a small comfortable and probably the best hostel i stayed last couple of year .You feel welcomed and any information you need is available through talking with the staff who have excellent english. They will help you plan your days and explain the best things to see and do and how to do them . You can make your breakfast with the beatiful view of marmara sea .Definitely its the place if I visit istanbul again .thanks guys for everything.

• 27th Jan 2014