Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel, kind staff, love it!

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Colombia

I stayed in cheers lighthouse for 4 nights and I liked the place a lot. It's clean, and in a location quiet yet within in short walking distance to popular tourist sites. More importantly, I love the sea view both from my dormitory room window and from the restuarant balcony. It's rare to enjoy such great view while paying hostel price, so it's really a value for money choice! I will surely stay there if I visit Istanbul again.

If you go to Istanbul you have to stay here. This is the first time I've ever given a 0 rating. The staff was amazing, always willing to help you out and super friendly. The facilities were spectacular with an incredible view. Hot shower with good pressure. Great place to meet people and socialize. Location was excellent. Minutes away from top sites, restaurants and pubs. Good wifi connection. Lockers with lock provided in the room. Seriously the best value and hostel I've ever stayed in.

I had a great stay at the Cheers Hostel. Staff was friendly and the location was excellent. Bathrooms were clean and the breakfast was also great. Staff was very accommodating. Next time I'm in Istanbul I'm staying there again.

Extremely nice place, everything new and clean, nice safe area and excellent staff, Darek was the best!! :) Thank you!

I stayed at the Cheers Lighthouse with a friend for five nights and we had a great time. The staff was helpful and very funny and the breakfast, which is served on a balcony with a view of the ocean is ample and delicious.

Our stay was great at Cheers Lighthouse. Thank you guys! You were very friendly and helpful!

Thank you guys...all good memories ;) cant wait to be back!!

• 25th Aug 2013
  • Turkey

Cheers Lighthouse is in a fantastic location, very close to the main sights but in a slightly quieter area so not too crowded all the time. The sea views are fantastic and breakfast on the balcony looking over the sea was the perfect way to start the day. The room was very clean and newly decorated. The staff were really friendly and willing to help. They weren't pushy for me to buy extras as I've experienced in other places. I would definitely recommend Cheers Lighthouse and will be going back!

It was great hostel.. I have been more than 25 hostels in different 10 European countries but I haven't seen quality hostel even close to Cheers Lighthouse.. Staff were so helpful, location is in the heart of Istanbul and the most important thing for me that rooms and common areas of hostel was really clean.. Thanks everyone for amazing time in there.. I highly suggest all of you to stay there!

Incredible location, staff and overall quality. I am new to hostels and this place was the perfect place to start. It was close to everything we needed in regards to what we wanted to see and the staff were very helpful with helping us plan our days and nights. Would recommend Cheers Lighthousel to anyone travelling alone or in groups! Thanks for the memories!!!

• 21st Aug 2013

We were there in a bad time, renovations aren't ready, the cleaning woman alredy knows that she will be fired and still working at the hostel. She has thrown out our dirty clothes in the trash, and she ate our food from the room and leave it without cleaning. It was some kind of revenge!?! Breakfast has delayed in the first 3 days (9.30 instead of 8.30) The hostel leader try to do his best, after the renovation and with a new cleaning woman will be a good hostel. The panorama is brilliant.

One of the best hostels ever, in 15 years of traveling, including more than 300 hostels in 114 countries. Superb :)

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Croatia

Excellent hostel! We stood at the female 4 bed dorm and it looked like a fancy hotel! The staff was really great and the location it's amazing, walking distance to Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque. Definitely would stay there again!

Ground floor is currently under construction . It's clean during mornings and nights in the afternoon is messy and noisy. Staff is excellent.

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

Amazing staff and location! The free breakfast was an excellent start to the morning with a great view. It was then a 5 - 10 minute walk to the main tourist attractions. The restaurant was under construction while we stayed here, but it seems like it will be a great feature when complete.

Probably the cleanest hostel i have ever stayed at. Beds were so comfy. Staff were more than helpful and so friendly. Renovations were being done on ground floor and should make for a complete package when its all done

• 16th Aug 2013

We stayed at Cheers Lighthouse for 3 nights and then another 2 because we loved it so much. There are renovations on the lower floor at the moment but it didn't disrupt us and I'm sure the Hostel will be even better after they are finished. The staff, particularly Yavuz were very helpful with suggestions of what to do in Istanbul and our wider Turkey travels. We even went to a delicious local restaurant with him. Breakfast was really nice and the sea view wasn't bad either :)

• 13th Aug 2013

It was still being finished when I stayed there but what was completed was excellent. The staff was freindly and made an effort to engage and assist you. They recommended a resturant called Doy Doy nearby and the top floor has an amazing view (also great prices). It was a little tricky to find but if you know where to go the location is great. Very safe area.

The water was very cold around 11 at night and there were not many facilities for the money we paid.