Cheers Lighthouse Reviews

küçük ayasofya mahallesi, Çayıroğlu sokak no 16 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Pretty new (hotel-styled) hostel. Super friendly stuff. We had the deluxe double private room with balcony which has an amazing view to the water. Also there's a sauna in the bathroom. Unfortunately the (hot) water didn't always work like it should, same with the wifi in the room. We told the guys who work there and they tried to fix it asap though. The rooms could be a bit cleaner too. But in general a charming place with character in the heart of the old town.

Not the best atmosphere! Not a good place to stay if u want to meet other travelers. It's basically a restaurant with beds on top. We were told we could hang in the restaurant but the wifi didnt work there and it was always packed. ALSO, breakfast was served late every day! This was very inconvenient because all the sights open by 9am. B-fast should have been 8:30 but you were lucky to be eating by 9:00. The staff were really great and super friendly.

There is no better word to describe it as a "Lighthouse"! real lightshouse for backpackers, with private rooms as well, with bar(definitely try Onur's coctails ), restaurant, incredible view and superhelpful staff! thanks to Yavuz and another guys!

Nice time, the staff where very welcoming!

Beautiful place overlooking the sea and the location is just amazing. Good staff who adviced us on what to do. The location is so good we walked around to all the attractions( blue mosque, aya sofia, topkapi palace, basillica cistern, grand bazaar). restaurant/cafe overlooking the sea is a great place to meet people from the hostel or even visiting. Rooms had attached bathrooms- which was clean and the shower was perfect.

Hi...I had my stay at the end of Sept. (2013) . It was a good atmosphere. I like the beds. good matrasses or bunkbeds and they provide you with a clean bed every day. The staff takes much effort (bringing your coffee to the patio etc) to make it yourself comfortable. I found them quite helpfull for this 4 days stay in Istanbul and met interesting fellow travelers.

• 22nd Sep 2013

great view on the river, very good location (3 min on foot to the Blue Mosque, 5 min to a street with a lot of restaurants and bars), clean and safe

A very enjoyable stay at Cheers Lighthouse, the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and the location was perfect as only a few minutes walk to all the main attractions or to the tram stop to head elsewhere in Istanbul. We stayed in the deluxe room and it was very well appointed and was cleaned every day, my traveling companion appreciated the spa bath after traveling for a long period. It was almost perfect just a few niggles such as wifi dropping out and annoying noise intermittently.

A great little hostel, rooms very thoughtfully put together

Had a great stay at Cheers Lighthouse. The staff are really cool and friendly and welcoming. The free breakfast is sooo good. The restaurant downstairs overlooks the ocean and is great spot to chill in the mornings for breakfast. The rooms are really nice and new, and with good size lockers (I stayed in a dorm room). Overall an awesome place!

• 16th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

The staffs are really helpful and friendly, felt like at home. The restaurant is also v good With open sea view. Will give it a top rating among all the hostels I have stayed

• 14th Sep 2013
  • China

Awesome location close to all the sights of Sultanahmet, the owner (Bearkan) was very welcoming and fixed us snacks, tea, and raki each night we came back. Great atmosphere and would definitely stay there again.

• 11th Sep 2013

Thanks to Cheers lighthouse, I had a nice staying in Istanbul. Great views, good location, clean facilities and most of all, staffs were really kind! If i visit the city again, i will choose the same place!

Great hostel, kind staff, love it!

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Colombia

I stayed in cheers lighthouse for 4 nights and I liked the place a lot. It's clean, and in a location quiet yet within in short walking distance to popular tourist sites. More importantly, I love the sea view both from my dormitory room window and from the restuarant balcony. It's rare to enjoy such great view while paying hostel price, so it's really a value for money choice! I will surely stay there if I visit Istanbul again.

If you go to Istanbul you have to stay here. This is the first time I've ever given a 0 rating. The staff was amazing, always willing to help you out and super friendly. The facilities were spectacular with an incredible view. Hot shower with good pressure. Great place to meet people and socialize. Location was excellent. Minutes away from top sites, restaurants and pubs. Good wifi connection. Lockers with lock provided in the room. Seriously the best value and hostel I've ever stayed in.

I had a great stay at the Cheers Hostel. Staff was friendly and the location was excellent. Bathrooms were clean and the breakfast was also great. Staff was very accommodating. Next time I'm in Istanbul I'm staying there again.

Extremely nice place, everything new and clean, nice safe area and excellent staff, Darek was the best!! :) Thank you!

I stayed at the Cheers Lighthouse with a friend for five nights and we had a great time. The staff was helpful and very funny and the breakfast, which is served on a balcony with a view of the ocean is ample and delicious.

Our stay was great at Cheers Lighthouse. Thank you guys! You were very friendly and helpful!