Cheers Midtown Reviews

Firuzaga Mah. Bogazkesen Cad. NO:68 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

My friend is recomendation of cheers midtown. The results are upset expectations. Comfortable bad, clean sheet, very friendly staff, and most important way is very good location effect me. My friend Said me the bathrooms smell bad because of the street.. But i arriving to the hostel one day ago, the problem is solved.maybe its my good luck:) thans for to the friendly hostel owner because of left to the airport me :)

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

I had a really great stay! Very friendly staff, fun atmosphere and good location!

• 21st Jul 2015

This location was great! It was very close to the tram station and a little ways away from the major touristy spots. The staff was very kind and helpful.

I had a lovely stay in this cute Hostel.Staff were so helpful and kind. I will def. stay here again!

Some great positives and a few negatives. Staff for the most part were friendly and helpful. Two walked in on my travel companion while she was in her PJs and asked that we close the curtains. Didn't really explain why. Not really much of a common space. They have a kitchen and a cafe attached to it where you can eat but it's not much of a congregating spot. Was locked out from the cafe however when we wanted to check out. Great neighbourhood though with tons of coffee shops.

We had a very nice stay at Cheers Midtown. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hostel is also well located very close to Istiklal shopping street and just up the road from the metro stop taking you to all the touristy spots in just a few minutes. A common area where all the guests could hang out together at night would've made the atmosphere more fun.

If you book here for low prices in a so-so location, be prepared for unclean bathroom and doors that don't lock. On top of that, after my first night, my room was changed without my knowledge or consent. When I returned that evening, I could not access my belongings for almost an hour. I had planned to stay here for 5 nights, but left after 2 because I didn't think my belongings were safe here. At least the hostel has promised a refund of my money.

Cool, clean, and quiet. Loved it.

I think the stay was alright except for 1 issue. I booked my stay a month in advance and was set to arrive at 9 am. I was there on time but had to keep on ringing the bell for 15 min before somebody came to the door. This might not be a good precedent to set for tired backpackers who may have been traveling for some time. Other than that, there is a small cafe on the ground floor and there isn't quite a common area to meet backpackers. It's possible that I stayed during a low-occupancy period.

I really recommend that hostel is so clean and I think this is value for money . If you want to stay near Taksim and some other historical and touristic places you should stay here. And I get noticed the staffs are very friendly and helpful., and the place is so secure. Finally if you look for cheap , clean and warm place to stay you should choose Cheers Midtown. ;)

• 27th Jun 2015

Fine location with lockers provided and clean rooms. But the atmosphere is dead, with no common room besides an empty cafe and a layout that discourages socialising. Internet is slow/ often fails to work. Staff did little to make you feel at home or encourage you to approach them. Perhaps upon check in, invite guests down to the cafe for a welcome drink/ show them the sights, best places to eat etc. Ok but needs a more personalised and homely feel! More effort and a ton more sociability!

The hostel is very clean and comfortable. Even staying in an 8 bed dorm gives you more privacy and security for your belongings than you ever expect from a hostel. Staff is very professional and ensure that you get all the sightseeing, local facilities and attractions info, and not just a map without any explanations. Location is also great. It's really heart of the city. Beds are comfy, place is spotless and everyone is very nice! Would definitely stay here again!

Great location, friendly staff. The rooms are big enough and clean. Everything is perfect!

first of all the location of cheers Midtown hostel is really great. you can go istiklal Street (most popular Street) in 3 minutes by walkaway. at the same time you can go ayasofia with metro station in 5 minutes. the atmosphere is really very friendly. everybody is smiling face there. At the same time you can meet with some new friends there. The beds and the rooms are very clean. the hostel was newly renovated. if i come istanbul again my adress is cheers midtown hostel. thanks to everybody.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Definitely the best hostel so far I ever been, absolutely 5 starts. Rooms are clean, Wi-Fi works fast and very well. The bed is very comfortable and the location is just brilliant, that is very useful for travellers like me. Facilities are clean. And the prices are awesome, I didn't expect to be so cheap for such high quality standard, is just brilliant places guys, go for it, trust me you won't regret it.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Spain

It was one of the most perfect hostel i have ever stayed. The location was perfect and you can easily travel to most popular and touristical places about 5 - 10 minutes with public transportation. The staff was so friendly and they provided whatever i needed. They alwasy asked if we need additional things.Also Wi-Fi connection was so fast, i could easily send mails and post what's going on..There was enough space for my big luggaged and the locker was big enought for belongings.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

This is Really beatiful hostel that's a pretty quick walk to taksim square , istiklal street and there are a Lots of bars,restaurants,nightclubs and cafes all around. Cheers midtown has a excellent location an very kind staff.they were Really nice wellcoming and helpfull.i stayed in a dormitory was a spacious clean and comfortable.free wi-fi and air condition.. Hostel has a pretty Cafe on the downtairs a kitchen has Everything all you need. İ had a great time in cheersmidtown..thanks guys..

Cheers midtown is a hostel in a perfect location.The staff is very friendly and help you if u need.The room was clean and tidy and the bathroom also.Social area is comfortable and wi-fi connection also good .I have no objection,i'll certainly come again.I recommend it to every.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Azerbaijan

Lockers under the beds were nice, but could have been better if room doors could be locked. Great location, walking distance to Tophane tram stop and Istiklal, and in a great neighborhood. Friendly staff. Clean & comfortable. Could probably use a few more bathrooms in busy season, though it wasn't an issue during my stay. Would stay again.

The hostel is in a great location and hostel's staff is very welcomingand helpfull. the night that i spend at cheers midtown is really comfortable and refreshing. The room was home feeling. That was excelllent hostel experiences in turkey. You are very close to whereever you want to go and whatever you want to learn, you can learn from the staff. They are really helpfull and kind people. İ guess it would be hard to find the place like cheers midtown. The internet system was so good.

• 3rd Jun 2015