Cheers Midtown Reviews

Firuzaga Mah. Bogazkesen Cad. NO:68 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

Mainly good location, slept well, good harmony in the social area.the manager was helpful .You are staying centre of the stunningly beatiful İstanbul. Thank ya!

• 17th Nov 2014

This is the best hostel in istanbul third development, and my stay. There is a social area and a cafe where you can meet new people. a café and customers fairly cheap hostel 20% discount. the hotel's location is perfect. a lot of places within walking distance. 3-5 minutes walk from the subway. The only place I stay when I come back.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

Nice location, but no 24 hour reception, no kitchen, entrance is direct into the staircase and is very narrow; and stairs are very difficult to climb with big luggage as we had. We had to pay in cash. After the first night I wanted to leave because of the VERY bad smell in the room, but the owner disappeared; he came back at the cafe only after another night and offered to change our room, which still smelled, even not so bad as the first one. Don't be fooled by the 100% reviews, it's max 70%

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

No real hostel atmosphere. There is a sewerage smell throughout the hostel and it seems to be coming from the old toilet pipeline. If you have a lot of luggage, be prepared to climb a steep staircase. Location is okay, close to Galatasaray and Beyoglu's nightlife spots, but a bit far away from the touristy attactions. The wi-fi was not working most of the time. They expect you to pay in cash for your stay even though they take credit cards. Bathroom was never cleaned during our 4-night stay.

I stayed and found more than they told me on the recommendation. I had the most enjoyable time of my vacation here. Staff were very friendly and helpful. You receive a 20% discount in the café. So you need to meet the food and drink cheap price. Also I would say the best location in Istanbul. Definitely I will come again!

• Turkey

I slept just 5 hours per day to see the city, nothing disturbed me in that facility.it was correct location to see around the city easily.rooms were clean and quite big.there is a free guide in the cafe who reccomend you the best places:) ya can drink and eat the cheaply , meet in the cafe with another guys.shortly it has so much advantages.

• 10th Nov 2014

The manager Serdar was friendly! Location is super.In that price avarage, i think it was the best choice. Also in Cheers Cafe , have discount for Cheers Hostel cıstomer.This is good. And also in some bars.

• 10th Nov 2014

The hostel was generally good.i did what i planned before i come because Location is very important in İstanbul traffic if you had limited time.rooms are comfortable and clean.also in social area i met with new people , and we had fun! Next time i will choose again. thanks.

• 9th Nov 2014

Awesome hostel!! My girlfriend and I stayed here for about 5 nights and were blown away by the fantastic double rooms, which were clean, modern and quite large. The staff are very friendly and gave us some great places to find cheap and scrumptious kebabs! Staying in taksim seems way superior to in the old town, as its happening all night around here (but not loud at all) and the vibe is excellent. All in all, we loved our stay in istanbul becouse of our sweet accomodation and location.

• 9th Nov 2014

Firstly , location was very well , 5 min. later by walk , you can arrive the Taksim square and 1min by walk you can arrive the tram to Sultanahmet.Room was clean and silent also the owner was very helpfull.And there is a common area/ cafe inside the hostel which gives the discount to the customers.we had turkish breakfast and some drinks from there.İstanbul was great.thanks Cheers.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Greece

Cheers Midtown is a lovely hostel. Right in the centre of Istanbul, close to the main strip but not on it) which is a good thing, the accommodation there gets so much noise). The owner of this hostel is really helpful and nothing is too much trouble - he was really kind, he even let my sister staying somewhere else store her luggage in his hostel and use the. private bathrooms, and clean too! Also comfy beds. common area (cheers cafe) the fantastic atmosphere and the delicious breakfast..cheers

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Turkey

One of the best hostels I ever stayed at. The location is amazing and the hostel is very nice. There is also a common area downstairs which is really good for meeting people. Tip: Try the coffee place next to the entry!! It is really good. The location is superb as well, it's next to the Galata Tower and very close to the blue mosque and other important locations. The staff is really friendly as well, they took us to Taksim which was really nice.Great atmosphere downstairs for a tea/coffee..

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Great and friendly staff,great atmosphere. The Hostel gets Celaleddin evermorning and is very close to the main shoppping streste and a lot of restaurants/bars.moreover thene was a nice Cafe at the downtairs which is the perfect commons Arda.highly recomended..for sure Will come again...

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

The bathroom need a renovatıon. Its full of black mud and the smell ıs totally unbearable. There ıs no kıtchen yet.

Excellent location. Rooms and bed are comfortable and clean. Owner is always available and super nice. Good free wifi. Only downside is that the bathrooms are usually dirty.

The hostel is cheap. But there is no really a reception. The stuff just comes some time during the day time sitting in the cafe downstairs. And we really had a problem finding them. I didn't have a key to the hostel which is inconvenient. And it is really a place to sleep during the night. No common room nor kitchen. The bed is very comfortable though and the bathroom is clean enough for me.

worst hostel I've stayed at in 3 months of travelling. the facilities are non-existent. there is no kitchen, no common room and no 24 hour reception. the wifi hardly worked. we arrived and were greeted from the cafe next door by a worker that spoke no English. also, the corridor smelt terribly and the bathrooms were dirty.

Good thing first: The location of the hostel is very good. It is near the main shopping street and in walking distance to the Taksim square. But the bathrooms were really not in a good condition I have to say. In the showers there is this black mold everywhere. Maybe this is also the source of that bad smell, which was very strong in the bathrooms and it also came into our room... This downgraded the atmosphere a lot. You don't really want to hang out there in the room.

• 20th Sep 2014

Best location for istanbul.Clean rooms and friendly stuff.The social area which is located at the enterance is good for new friendships.When i will come to istanbul i will stay at this hostel again.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Finland

1-Yvoz tuna was very friendly he tried to help us for all matters over there to have a calm 2-The first day the room wasn't clean enough and wasn't comfortable and when i complained i had another clean good room. 3-I stayed for 1 week but no room service came to clean the rooms and bathrooms . 4-Sedar was very very helpful he tried to do all matters to help us in all matters for tourist and visiting good places . 5-He kept for late hours to check any inquiry or problem for all people over there

• 12th Sep 2014