Cheers Midtown Reviews

Firuzaga Mah. Bogazkesen Cad. NO:68 Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey

1-Yvoz tuna was very friendly he tried to help us for all matters over there to have a calm 2-The first day the room wasn't clean enough and wasn't comfortable and when i complained i had another clean good room. 3-I stayed for 1 week but no room service came to clean the rooms and bathrooms . 4-Sedar was very very helpful he tried to do all matters to help us in all matters for tourist and visiting good places . 5-He kept for late hours to check any inquiry or problem for all people over there

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Egypt

Basic, on tbe bottom of the hill from taksim but very close to tram made it easy to and from airport

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff i was so unbelievably helpful in giving suggestions about things to visit and places to eat. staff in particular really made an effort to make sure he got to know everyone staying there and that everyone was having a good time. The location was also definitely a huge plus; it was super easy to get anywhere you could want in Istanbul in just a quick walk! Definitely want to come back a stay again.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Azerbaijan

I had a wonderful stay, it really made my Istanbul experience fantastic. Everyone guests and staff included was extremely friendly, it has a very homey vibe. It was very easy to make friends with the other guests and as a result I was rarely alone in Istanbul. The location was perfect and the beds were also very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends. Thanks again! cheers

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Good: The location is good, near to the tram station and Taksim square. Bad: Our room and stairs full of the odor came from the bathroom. Reception was not always open during daytime, and the staff was not helpful for Istanbul traveling information.

This is a nice hostel and the cafe next to it serves good coffee and breakfast. I slept in a single room which was ok (it was quite big but the bed was a bit hard and one window did not have a curtain). It's a bit noisy, I heard a lot of people talking inside the hostel and noise outside on the street. Cleanliness of the room was ok but the bathroom had a sewage smell and the door was sticky.... But still a comfortable place and surely recommended for a few nights in Istanbul, good atmosphere!

The hostel is great, located in a quiet street but yet so close to many bars and restaurants. The nearest tram stop, Tophane, is only 5mins away and it's only a couple stops away from the main atractions of the city. The staff is really helpful and nice! They make you feel at home. Definetely, I highly recommend it!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

Location is excellent if you look at the map. The nearby streets and blocks are little dark and I would avoid moving around alone. Good place to stay.

If you're looking for a clean bed in a dark and air-conditioned room the hostel is perfect for you. It's good to get some quiet and rest, but not for hanging around, meeting people or bring your own food, since no common room or public kitchen is provided.

• 14th Aug 2014

Sardar is an helpful and kind manager, he put me in an upgraded room before check in time because he saw I was extremely tired from an overnight flight.

• 12th Aug 2014

The owner Serdar went above and beyond to help us each time we stayed at Cheers Midtown, which was often as it was the perfect place to base ourselves for our 6 week trip! The locations is brilliant, beds are comfy, excellent value and i would recommend this place to anyone!

• 5th Aug 2014

The best way to have fun in istanbul is to stay a hostel in the center of the city, like Cheers Mİdtown.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Belgium

The location was really good and the guy in there was a good. However, the bed in my room which I stayed as single private was not good because the mattress was weak and you can feel the springs under your back in the mattress.

Serdar was a great host - he was very chill, and helpful with tourist recommendations. We booked a twin ensuite and were put in the family room (1 king, 2 twins). What a treat! It was like we were in a proper hotel room with ample space and a table and chairs. Even when we downgraded to a triple room, it was still spacious with a table and chairs. This makes up for the hostel not having any common room (apart from the cafe downstairs which is more of a separate business). Would recommend!

The manager there is a legend. Really helpful.

• 14th Jul 2014

Pretty good hostel. Nothing to write home about, but it was clean, close to the tram so it was easy to go to the sites and all that. Good value for the money. I'd stay again.

No kitchen even though it says it has one.. The stay started with an argument as we had cancelled our first night (with plenty of notice) but he said we still had to pay. In the end we didn't but not the best way to start. It did improve and it was a great location for the new part of town. A bit of a trek to the blue mosque but you can get the tram from the bottom of the road. The walk is good you can go through lots of different areas of town Don't get your washing done it comes back smelly

Excellent flash packer hostel! The design is beautiful, great breakfast, staff are all massive hipsters and very friendly and helpful. Beds were comfy and everything was spotless. Location is nice and central. Wifi is also very fast and reliable on each level. Attracts a cool crowd of travellers. I would definitely recommend and will be staying here again when I visit Istanbul in the future. Highly recommend

• 3rd Jul 2014

Sympathetic and reliable staff ,clean facilities,location is center of the city!

• Austria

I had a great experience in CHEERS MIDTOWN. Prime location, just off the main street İstiklal, close to Taksim square, close to amazing restaurants, bars, and shops. Hostel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, ready to assist all of our needs, even if they lay outside their regular duties. Rooms were clean, lockers were very large for personal items, and the beds were comfortable. Strong Wifi available. Met some amazing people at this hostel. I would definitely recommend it!