Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore City Center Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

a good value for money and prime location.a very nice patio and a very nice atmosphere

To fix your bed allocation system,

• 5th Apr 2015

There was no one really around much to help... The people were kind of rude that were around! The construction around was loud and the rooms had no widow coverings so it was very very bright (no naps or sleeping in!) no group activities or social gatherings hard to meet other people.

We've had a great time in Tel Aviv and the Chef Hostel defininitely played a part in it. Our room was fittet w/ a comfy double bed and a bath room. They also offer other rooms - dorms, single bed, etc. On the ground floor is a kitchen and a big, welcoming common room. They also have a backyard w/ a big table and some sofas. So there are plenty possibilities to take a break from walking/ biking around and relax. For Tel Aviv conditions the hostel can be considered affordable. We'll come back!

Great place, great people, great location, great vibes.

• 26th Mar 2015

The bathrooms could have been cleaned more often and our room was never cleaned in the time we were there. No lockers available and a Laptop was stolen while we were there.

When I go to israel my first stop is always this pleasant hostel. It feels like coming home. The hostel is like a livingroom where everyone is talking with eachother. The staff is incredible helpfull. . Sometimes we had a bbq, good stories and some drinks. Nice memories You are allowed to use the fridge, the beds are really good and the sheets are always clean. The showers with warm water and also very clean. I really had a good time there and i recommend it to everyone. I come back!!

• 20th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel ! We are 4 French students and we stayed 2 nights in this hostel, we really liked it. The location is amazing, in a cool neighborhood and 10minutes walking from the beach. The staff is excellent. And the atmosphere as well, we met many foreign people like us. We stayed in the 14 beds dorm, quite big and really comfortable. The price is quite cheap! We definitely recommend this place!

thank you very much.It was a pleasure to host you. Hope we shall meet again.

Great location, cozy vibe, but the highlight is clearly the hosts - warm and welcoming, made us feel them like friends from the start. I kinda miss them already. Great hub to enjoy Tel Aviv, would do it all over again - and love it.

thank you very much.It was a pleasure to host you. Hope we shall meet again.

This place is home, you automatically feel comfortable around there. The location is great for going out at night, all the bars are about a 5 min walk; the beach is a 10 min walk, the market is 5 mins away The staff is friendly and gives you all the necessary information; sometimes makes food for the guests Everything is very clean and smells good, the rooms have comfortable beds and air-conditioning. There is a hairdryer and even the ironing board! There is a nice porch where you can socialize

This Hostel is very old and run down. The shower is not a shower, its just a shower head next to the toilet in the smallest bathroom. The staff seemed pretty rude actually, when people were having beers the guy that works/owns the place was pointing out half full bottles and telling people to pick up after themselves, even though they were still drinking. Just not a very fun atmosphere like I thought it would be and the whole place is old an moldy.

it seems that you expected a modern building, and not a 100 yesrs old historical house protected by Unesco, most of our guests love it for its uniqueness.'especially having a big garden in the heart of Tel Aviv.Have you read the description on the website you would have noticed these facts.You have booked a basic double room being the cheapest ,we have other rooms which are more fancy.We try to keep the place clean and therefore have to motivate guests to be careful with their beers.

Really enjoyed my stay here, extremely friendly staff and great atmosphere! Would definitely stay there again!

• 26th Feb 2015

This inviting and charming place is by far one the most comfortable hostel I have stayed at. You could not feel more at home!

This was my third trip to Israel and also the third time in this hostel. The hostel is really good. The owner and the staff are the best i know. Its always a lot of fun. If you have questions, the owner and the staff is always helping you and can give you some opinions and tips. I would recomend the hostel all the time.

good place :)

when I visited, the majority of guests were older solo travellers - not really a fun environment. The kitchen was not clean and the bathrooms are in need of repairs. The manager had a bad attitude, would frequently accuse guests of ripping him off. When you extend your stay they charge more than on Hostelworld. Wifi service was bad, I ended up buying a sim. The location is good, close to cafes/bars, and the garden is nice. The building is shabby and not "prestigious" or well-maintained.

the room was very small but for a place to sleep I can understand it. The staff was very nice and the bathrooms were clean too. Sometimes the wifi wouldn't work and sometimes it was difficult to figure out who worked for the hostel at first. But I would definitely stay there again. Also, they planned activities for the guests at the hostel each night. One night was pasta night, another night was late night out, another was a pub crawl.

Staff is not very friendly. I'm sorry to say but especially the younger French speaking staff member. Never said Hello once. Don't put loud music on after 23 o'clock. Even on a Friday. It didn't feel clean, completely safe, and welcoming.

I had a great time at Chef Hostel, I stopped using Hostels a few years ago but decided this trip to go back to those wonderful travelling years. The atmosphere is great, felt just like home, Ray, ( enjoys cooking and cooked a meal for everybody, free ) Brenn and staff were great! They were fun and very informative. The toilets and showers were always clean. I felt safe and the location is superb near most of the bars, clubs and bus station ( buses that take you to Jeruslamen and the Dead Sea ) .

• 11th Feb 2015

We had a great time. I would go there again for sure. This hostel has a lot of character and the boss is an awesome helpful guy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3