Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore City Center Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

Really enjoyed my stay here, extremely friendly staff and great atmosphere! Would definitely stay there again!

• 26th Feb 2015

the room was very small but for a place to sleep I can understand it. The staff was very nice and the bathrooms were clean too. Sometimes the wifi wouldn't work and sometimes it was difficult to figure out who worked for the hostel at first. But I would definitely stay there again. Also, they planned activities for the guests at the hostel each night. One night was pasta night, another night was late night out, another was a pub crawl.

Staff is not very friendly. I'm sorry to say but especially the younger French speaking staff member. Never said Hello once. Don't put loud music on after 23 o'clock. Even on a Friday. It didn't feel clean, completely safe, and welcoming.

I had a great time at Chef Hostel, I stopped using Hostels a few years ago but decided this trip to go back to those wonderful travelling years. The atmosphere is great, felt just like home, Ray, ( enjoys cooking and cooked a meal for everybody, free ) Brenn and staff were great! They were fun and very informative. The toilets and showers were always clean. I felt safe and the location is superb near most of the bars, clubs and bus station ( buses that take you to Jeruslamen and the Dead Sea ) .

• 11th Feb 2015

We had a great time. I would go there again for sure. This hostel has a lot of character and the boss is an awesome helpful guy!

I stayed in Chef Hostel for a week. The first few days was okay but it all changed when it rained. The roof on the room I was staying gave in and it was raining inside the room for the entire evening. I didn't mind it at first because I think this thing happen, but my concern was they did not have an immediate response so when it rained the following day the same thing happened. Nevertheless, I had an amazing time in Tel Aviv.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • ronelsonyadao77901840
  • Philippines

Hostel is nice and clean, located in yhe central part of Tel-Aviv. Price is also very good! I definetely will recommend it. But you need to know, that hostel is open 24 hours, but reception is working at 11:00-13:00 and 19:00-21:00. But if you arrive outside these times, you can call the receptionist.

I stayed in a private room - more like a boutique-style hotel room than what you'd find in a stereotypical hostel. Spotless room, helpful staff, great location - walking distance to pretty much everything.

Good atmosphere, nice garden, helpfull staff.

I was in the 6 bedroom dorm and it attached right to the living room. This means there are always people making noise right outside the room and that you have to pass through all the people to use the bathroom. Because people drank until the wee hours of the morning our room never aired out and smelled quite bad.

Feels like home. A very casual place with a lovely backyard and nice guests. Great location right off Allenby Street. 10 minutes or less to Carmel Market and the same to the beach.

great place to stay in the center of Tel-Aviv.

This Hostel was very nice. Location couldn't be better. People who work there are very friendly, even the french receptionist (who by the way cooks some very good Israeli food) is nice. Most highly likely going back there if I go back to Tel Aviv.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Best hostel I've been to. The location was superb, supermarket around the corner, bars & clubs in walking distance, 5min to the market, 15min to the beach. The hostel is clean, has a kitchen and fridges ready to use. In the evenings people gather either in the "living room" or in the back yard, have dinner together, drink beer & wine and sometimes go out together. The French employee (Brenn) is a really nice guy and knows all the good bars & restaurants. We met so many amazing people!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

A nice hostel which looked much better than your average hostel. I really liked the garden courtyard and the kitchen. The bathroom in the 14 bed-doorm was quite weird since it had two bathrooms and two showers, but the only door you could lock was the door into both toilets and both showers which meant that just one person could use the toilet/shower at a time.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Great atmosphere and staff. Really nice staff prepared a group dinner at one evening. Garden is really nice

Really nice staying. The location is really good. The kitchen they have is well equipped and you have a big fridge to put your stuff. I really would go back there!

This hostel experience was sublime... the accommodations were so comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. It was wonderful to have a kitchen to cook breakfasts in the mornings. I never felt the least bit unsafe. I met amazing people that I ended up exploring Jerusalem and Tel Aviv with. And the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Overall, it was an AMAZING experience and I will definitely be back!

• 12th Jan 2015

Great Staff - very approachable and helpful.

• 4th Jan 2015

I went for a short stay and felt immediately welcomed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location of the Hostel is close to bars, clubs & the beach. I could walk everywhere I needed to go in less than 15 minutes. Public transportation is very easy to access from the Hostel. I booked a day tour to Jerusalem and the tour bus picked me up and dropped me off from the Hostel. It took less than an hour to get there. The food and history in Israel is amazing and I can't wait to come back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3