Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore City Center Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

very good weed end there ! very nice people !

• 28th Aug 2015

Lovely living area and great kitchen space. Good location right by Allenby street, all the busses go through here.

great place to stay, central location in the heart of Tel-Aviv.

• 9th Aug 2015

The best hostel in town!

• 1st Aug 2015

tahnk you so much.!!!

The hostel is in a decent location but it was expensive for what it was. though the smaller dorms looked a lot nicer than the larger ones. Paying 10 shekles extra for sheets doesn't make much sense when the price for the bed is already quite high

paying for sheets is since you booked on promotion , this is stated in our description , our hostel is located in prime location in a expencive city , and the price is very reasnable and competative , thats why you came here and not to the cheeper squatt hostels that are outside the city - we like guests that appriciate the best therefore when promotions bargain hunters come they are always not happy

This is a great hostel. Although a bit expensive, hostels in Israel are not very inexpensive overall. Roy "the chef" is a great dude. Speaks multiple languages and is very helpful with just about anything you need. I'd stay at this hostel again!

dear guest, i enjoyed having you guys , in regards to being pricy , we are running promotions all the time to compete with hostels not close to our standards or to our location in the city center , thanks again for your stay

I stayed 3 nights in this Hostel in a 6 mixed bedroom and I really enjoyed my stay. The courtyard is very pleasant and it s a very friendly place where it is easy to make new relations.

This place is super good for ppl who love cooking. The kitchen and facilities are so convenient. And the dog, ShuShu is so cuuuuuute!!!

Great hostel, amazing atmosphere and awesome location. Ended up staying there twice and will definitely stay again if in Tel Aviv. -A

• 17th Jul 2015

Too hot in the dorm.

The hostel is in great location, very close to the major areas. It has got somewhat character with a nice backyard and a common area. The owner is quite helpful and friendly, took the hostel crowd to a few clubs one night, and got us in without waiting or paying. The facilities and the rooms however could be better, and most of the times you couldnt find anybody who worked there as it doesnt actually have a reception. But no major issues, I'd recommend it.

The host, the angel Nicole and ppl there are all so lovely and kind. With the awesome location, it's super easy to go to the market or join the local event. And the kitchen is so gooooood!!! The only problem is the door lock sometimes get crazy, you have to know how to reset or fix it haha.

I had the best day and night at chefs hostel. The hostel owner, the chef, did everything he could to let me have a good time! He showed me Tel Aviv and good restaurants. I can very much recommend travellers to live there!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Good hostel, location and nice vibe. Room didn't had lockers (had computer, camera and other valuables). Staff was helpful, but owner got really mad and agressive one night. Facilities are good, but lack of printer made it harder to print boarding pass (good to have). Also, disappointed that the recommended grocery store was overpriced, while there was a much cheaper one around the corner (even without 10% off). Sounds like a tactic to get referral money off travelers.

hi , on our wall you have all the information about three supermarkets in the block with their opening times, also ,the supermarket you mention has some things very cheep competitive. the printer was out of connectivity so im sorry we had this problem but you cant expect the printer to be there. and rate us bad about that, this is not our responsibility to print your ticket although we do it happily when printer is all fine.

Too expensive for what it is. Good location but the place is neglected and nothing special. Something weird going on between the staff and the owner, and unfortunately with online reviews as well.

Roy takes great care of his guests. Hostel is in a great location and hosts some cool people. A little bit on the expensive side and the pricing structure is kind of weird, but it's still along the lines of what most hostels in Tel Aviv cost. 9 out of 10 overall.

• 6th Jul 2015

The hostel itself is quite ok. There is no reception for questions during the day, you are lucky when the manager shows up at 11.30 to get infos. The dorm is hot because only one fam and the door lock system always fails and guests need to reset a switch in the staircase. The backyard is chilly but there are some moskitos and the sofa smells like cat pee.

The garden furniture smells strongly of catpiss. A cat pissed on my bag after I left it in the storage area in the garden. There was a bird inside the sleeping room roof, and it was able to go inside the room. The air conditioning did not work. I told the manager, and nothing happened. The hostel owner was too flirtatious. He did make nice food though.

Such a nice place to stay and relax and meet really nice young people from all over the world! I had so much fun. The hostel is in a really good position, 5 min from the beach and near to all the nice pubs in Tel Aviv. The private rooms are so nice and comfortable and in the back yard there is a nice terrace outside where you can relax and enjoy your evening. You really feel at home at Chef hostel , it's really a boutique hostel and the quality compared to price! A place to go!

• 19th Jun 2015

I'm a solo traveler, in Israel for 5 weeks. I've been to many hostels in many countries. I consider myself to be a sociable and engaging person, but also quiet and introverted when the mood strikes. Based on this, I think that Chef Hostel is a great place to stay. The weekends are crowded, lively, and filled with opportunities. The weekdays are quiet and relaxing. There is always a chance to meet international travelers of all ages and make new friends. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015