Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore City Center Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

This is a great hostel. Although a bit expensive, hostels in Israel are not very inexpensive overall. Roy "the chef" is a great dude. Speaks multiple languages and is very helpful with just about anything you need. I'd stay at this hostel again!

dear guest, i enjoyed having you guys , in regards to being pricy , we are running promotions all the time to compete with hostels not close to our standards or to our location in the city center , thanks again for your stay

This place is super good for ppl who love cooking. The kitchen and facilities are so convenient. And the dog, ShuShu is so cuuuuuute!!!

Great hostel, amazing atmosphere and awesome location. Ended up staying there twice and will definitely stay again if in Tel Aviv. -A

• 17th Jul 2015

Too hot in the dorm.

The hostel is in great location, very close to the major areas. It has got somewhat character with a nice backyard and a common area. The owner is quite helpful and friendly, took the hostel crowd to a few clubs one night, and got us in without waiting or paying. The facilities and the rooms however could be better, and most of the times you couldnt find anybody who worked there as it doesnt actually have a reception. But no major issues, I'd recommend it.

The host, the angel Nicole and ppl there are all so lovely and kind. With the awesome location, it's super easy to go to the market or join the local event. And the kitchen is so gooooood!!! The only problem is the door lock sometimes get crazy, you have to know how to reset or fix it haha.

I had the best day and night at chefs hostel. The hostel owner, the chef, did everything he could to let me have a good time! He showed me Tel Aviv and good restaurants. I can very much recommend travellers to live there!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Good hostel, location and nice vibe. Room didn't had lockers (had computer, camera and other valuables). Staff was helpful, but owner got really mad and agressive one night. Facilities are good, but lack of printer made it harder to print boarding pass (good to have). Also, disappointed that the recommended grocery store was overpriced, while there was a much cheaper one around the corner (even without 10% off). Sounds like a tactic to get referral money off travelers.

hi , on our wall you have all the information about three supermarkets in the block with their opening times, also ,the supermarket you mention has some things very cheep competitive. the printer was out of connectivity so im sorry we had this problem but you cant expect the printer to be there. and rate us bad about that, this is not our responsibility to print your ticket although we do it happily when printer is all fine.

Roy takes great care of his guests. Hostel is in a great location and hosts some cool people. A little bit on the expensive side and the pricing structure is kind of weird, but it's still along the lines of what most hostels in Tel Aviv cost. 9 out of 10 overall.

• 6th Jul 2015

The hostel itself is quite ok. There is no reception for questions during the day, you are lucky when the manager shows up at 11.30 to get infos. The dorm is hot because only one fam and the door lock system always fails and guests need to reset a switch in the staircase. The backyard is chilly but there are some moskitos and the sofa smells like cat pee.

The garden furniture smells strongly of catpiss. A cat pissed on my bag after I left it in the storage area in the garden. There was a bird inside the sleeping room roof, and it was able to go inside the room. The air conditioning did not work. I told the manager, and nothing happened. The hostel owner was too flirtatious. He did make nice food though.

Such a nice place to stay and relax and meet really nice young people from all over the world! I had so much fun. The hostel is in a really good position, 5 min from the beach and near to all the nice pubs in Tel Aviv. The private rooms are so nice and comfortable and in the back yard there is a nice terrace outside where you can relax and enjoy your evening. You really feel at home at Chef hostel , it's really a boutique hostel and the quality compared to price! A place to go!

• 19th Jun 2015

I'm a solo traveler, in Israel for 5 weeks. I've been to many hostels in many countries. I consider myself to be a sociable and engaging person, but also quiet and introverted when the mood strikes. Based on this, I think that Chef Hostel is a great place to stay. The weekends are crowded, lively, and filled with opportunities. The weekdays are quiet and relaxing. There is always a chance to meet international travelers of all ages and make new friends. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015

The best hostel in Tel Aviv. The location is perfect: only a short walk from the beach, the Carmel Market, and the downtown buzz. The hostel is run and maintained immaculately by Roy, a real gem of a guy. He not only provides great service and care for his guests but ensures they have a great time, too The sprawling backyard patio is perfect for kicking back with some beers with friends or just hanging out on your own. A great place to meet people. The hospitality is through the roof. Stay here.

Thank you so much ! You are the best !

Good location, easy to meet people, not that far away from the beach, relatively clean and comfy beds, bathrooms are a bit small. I would still recommend this hostel.

The father son team we met here were very friendly and keen to advise us on sight seeing sports and there was options to join them on pub crawl, food in the garden or day trips if you wanted. The room was spacious with a TV and the garden with shades sofas and a paddling pool was ideal for the summer relaxing. Ideal walk to near by restaurants, beach and is food store opposite. The shower was a tad cold and there is some random clutter stored in the bathroom like an old shower curtain.

• 11th Jun 2015

Common area looked a bit old, dusty and kitchen corner not that clean, that is why we had breakfast in cafés. Private room was clean, simply good furnished, quite new bathroom and aircondition worked fine. Nice to have a private fridge as well. Not easy to catch the host all the time, but he was very friendly and helpful with good recommendations. Had to wait 30 min before we could check in. Our room was not cleaned on the first two days even though we put the sign on the door.

Nice staff. Pretty clean. We only booked one night at first and then extended to stay another night and the owner was very accommodating. It wasn't anything special but it was comfortable enough for the price we paid. The location was great and we were able to walk to most places in the central part of tel aviv, including the beach.

I stayed 2 nights in a private double and then 2 nights in a shared dorm. Facilities were clean, and staff, although not often present, helpful and friendly. Prolongation of my originally 2 nights stay was no problem at all. A big plus of Chef Hostel is the big backyard, where you can chill out with other travelers. Location is also quite good, it's a 10-15 min walk to the beach (depending on the beach) and busy Allenby Avenue and Rothschild Blvd with bars, pubs & clubs is only 5 min walk away

The staff was rarely there and it wasn't clean. There were cockroach in the entrance. Rooms have a lot of stuff stored, and we got a private one. There were also no place to leave the luggage rather than outside the building, which was even dirtier. Money paid was not worth.

« first « Prev 1 2 3