Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore City Center Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

Chef is a great place to be in Tel Aviv and Roy is a great and multilingual host. It's got a loungy atmosphere in the common and kitchen room and a nice courtyard for warm evenings. Definitely a good choice!

Nice hostel with helpful staff and nice atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

overall: excellent!

Friendly and nice place

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Norway

The location is very good, staff friendly enough, beds and rooms ok. The hostel needs a serious wash down and tidy up.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Norway

Excellent hostel!! Really nice and clean, confortable rooms and very clean showers and toilets. Excellent wifi and very good location. Staff was very nice, Roy one of the owners also cooked a delicious dinner for all the guests. Definitely recommended!

great location!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • China

First off, the place has an awesome vibe! It has plenty of indoor as well as outdoor areas that are great for hanging out and meeting other travelers. The hostel has a great location with lots of bars and clubs within easy walking distance. It's also fairly close to both the beach (10 min walk) and the main bus station (20 min walk).

A great atmosphere and sense of community! I will return when ever Im in Tel Aviv

• 12th Sep 2014

A very nice and relaxed atmosphere. The staff are open for any question and you get a lot of helpful information. A place you should stay in Tel Aviv!

I stayed in this hostel for 1 week and it was really really nice. The location is perfect, near everything. The hostel and the rooms are super clean, there is AC in the rooms! And the staff ( Roy and his father) are so nice! They are so helpful! I will definitely stay here again!

• 31st Aug 2014

Run by very nice owners, this hostel is extremely clean, provides cheap laundry service and fun coordinated activities, and is in a very good location.

Delicious food and best location in Tel aviv, right in the middle of Old Jaffa and Tel Aviv port- walking distance to everything any type of traveler desires. Chef was incredibly helpful in helping us plan our stay and provided the most delicious food as well as fun events, like a bike tour. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Very friendly, helpful and informed staff.

hi, was nice having you , it is a pleasure explaining about the city to people who use the information , we are locals and have many tips and it was cool to see you listened and found it helpful

Chef Hostel is secure, clean, and great located - just a 10 minute walk to the beach and even closer to bars and clubs. The Staff is very helpful and friendly. I would definitely come back!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Poland

thanks , was really nice having you ! you are the kind of guest that fit this house , yound europian professional , positive and social . we enjoy our work when we have guest like you , also , thank you for mot listening to the news and coming to Israel when it seems that a war is going on , the news of caurse twist everything and only by coming you can see how secure and relaxed tel aviv and israel is. see you next time roy

This is a decent/nice hostel, small with a familiary feeling. You can see it once had ambitions to be a "design hostel". Unfortunatly the wear has not been corrected under the years. With some small fixing up and new furnitures with better quality, this place could be excellent. I would also have liked to see a more professional attitude with the management. But staff and the daily cleaning was good. Overall a decent hostel where I spent five fun days. Can recommend this hostel and Tel Aviv.

Location is excellent just by the main street with many bars and restaurants, and within Walking distance from the beach. Staff is friendly and helpful and overall the hostel has a pleasant atmosphere. The patio is great! The downside is that the hostel feels a bit rundown in some aspects. The shower door was a bit broken, the door knob to our room was loose and the room missed a curtain for the small window. This is no big deal but its a bit unfortunate for an otherwise very good hostel.

Nice location, and the staff was helpful upon our arrival. The room didn't real very secure, as they only had lockers if you brought your own lock. Also, the staff wasn't very help with travel on shabot. But, I enjoyed my stay, and they allowed us to keep our bags stored throughout the next day. Thank you for that.

Experience was generally good, but a few nitpicks. My friends and I were unable to get the air conditioning to work. We all got some bug bites. The lockers are tiny (big enough for your valuables, but you'll need to leave your suitcase in the room).

I only spent one night there, and upon arrival I was strongly welcome not only by the staff itself, but also by the other guests! We had a great night alltoegether in the patio they have just for guests, and then went out for some drinks, which was nice, as I was travelling alone. The best thing of this hostel is the atmosphere it has, and its location! The rest still was all more than correct. I definitely recomment it!