Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore City Center Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

Such a nice place to stay and relax and meet really nice young people from all over the world! I had so much fun. The hostel is in a really good position, 5 min from the beach and near to all the nice pubs in Tel Aviv. The private rooms are so nice and comfortable and in the back yard there is a nice terrace outside where you can relax and enjoy your evening. You really feel at home at Chef hostel , it's really a boutique hostel and the quality compared to price! A place to go!

• 19th Jun 2015

I'm a solo traveler, in Israel for 5 weeks. I've been to many hostels in many countries. I consider myself to be a sociable and engaging person, but also quiet and introverted when the mood strikes. Based on this, I think that Chef Hostel is a great place to stay. The weekends are crowded, lively, and filled with opportunities. The weekdays are quiet and relaxing. There is always a chance to meet international travelers of all ages and make new friends. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015

The best hostel in Tel Aviv. The location is perfect: only a short walk from the beach, the Carmel Market, and the downtown buzz. The hostel is run and maintained immaculately by Roy, a real gem of a guy. He not only provides great service and care for his guests but ensures they have a great time, too The sprawling backyard patio is perfect for kicking back with some beers with friends or just hanging out on your own. A great place to meet people. The hospitality is through the roof. Stay here.

Thank you so much ! You are the best !

Good location, easy to meet people, not that far away from the beach, relatively clean and comfy beds, bathrooms are a bit small. I would still recommend this hostel.

The father son team we met here were very friendly and keen to advise us on sight seeing sports and there was options to join them on pub crawl, food in the garden or day trips if you wanted. The room was spacious with a TV and the garden with shades sofas and a paddling pool was ideal for the summer relaxing. Ideal walk to near by restaurants, beach and is food store opposite. The shower was a tad cold and there is some random clutter stored in the bathroom like an old shower curtain.

• 11th Jun 2015

Common area looked a bit old, dusty and kitchen corner not that clean, that is why we had breakfast in cafés. Private room was clean, simply good furnished, quite new bathroom and aircondition worked fine. Nice to have a private fridge as well. Not easy to catch the host all the time, but he was very friendly and helpful with good recommendations. Had to wait 30 min before we could check in. Our room was not cleaned on the first two days even though we put the sign on the door.

Nice staff. Pretty clean. We only booked one night at first and then extended to stay another night and the owner was very accommodating. It wasn't anything special but it was comfortable enough for the price we paid. The location was great and we were able to walk to most places in the central part of tel aviv, including the beach.

I stayed 2 nights in a private double and then 2 nights in a shared dorm. Facilities were clean, and staff, although not often present, helpful and friendly. Prolongation of my originally 2 nights stay was no problem at all. A big plus of Chef Hostel is the big backyard, where you can chill out with other travelers. Location is also quite good, it's a 10-15 min walk to the beach (depending on the beach) and busy Allenby Avenue and Rothschild Blvd with bars, pubs & clubs is only 5 min walk away

The staff was rarely there and it wasn't clean. There were cockroach in the entrance. Rooms have a lot of stuff stored, and we got a private one. There were also no place to leave the luggage rather than outside the building, which was even dirtier. Money paid was not worth.

the location is good, close to the beach and rothschild av. We didnt like the atmosphere though, the owner yelled at his staff in front of the guests for some mistake they apparently made. it happened several times that he really critizised them harshly in front of everyone and went on for minutes.

Awesome staff, great ambiance, and definitely a good place to enjoy the city during the day, and come back and meet some cool people from all around the world at night. The epitome of what a hostel experience should be.

Thanks and good luck!

An amazing hostel. It's like coming home. The decoration feel pleasant and the public space is good.. A big cooker with 5 pits too cook on and a great garden. The owner is amazing and friendly. He was around in the morning and afternoon so after this there was nobody too ask for information other then other travelers. There is a good supermarket across the road and you get 10 percent discount when you stay in the hostel. Also they at a special taxi fare too the airport of 120 shekels

The location of the hostel is unbeatable: major sites are within walking distance. The hostel is very cozy and has family feel of it. It is very, very close to nice bars and restaurants! The hostess Esher is very knowledgeable of the city and she is very nice and patient - thank you! I only had one day to visit the city, but, thanks to Esher and the location, I got to see all the major attractions. One minor issue is that there was not much room to put my stuff in the bathroom.

Very nice Hostel, close from everywhere, clean with a good athmospher I will go back!

• 2nd May 2015

Nice place to explore Tel Aviv.!! : ) Top Location and absolutely recommendable !!

• 1st May 2015

We called&they told us a more expensive price over the phone so we booked online instead, I got a confirmation email so we headed to the hostel and got there and went to check in and the lady said that they sent an email a MINUTE after our confirmation email saying that they don't accept check ins at 10pm which is when we just showed up and she was on duty checking us in... Some she made a fuss about it and we paid and slept off our frustration with the hostel. Soft sheets I'll give them that

Chef hostel is definitely a home away from home, great staff & a nice chilled atmosphere. Roy is a great host, knows his food & cooks some pretty awesome food himself. Thanks guys!

a good value for money and prime location.a very nice patio and a very nice atmosphere

The hostel has NO lockers (I am not counting the in room lockable file drawers which are large enough only to place small items (passports, papers etc) and not bookbags, camera equipment, etc., Not having lockers is completely unacceptable in this day and age of hostels and security of customer property. Toilets and showers are too small and do not include needed racks/ledges to place toiletries/ towels, etc. Great location. Free use of computers and wifi works well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3