Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore City Center Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

Really enjoyed my stay here, extremely friendly staff and great atmosphere! Would definitely stay there again!

• 26th Feb 2015

This inviting and charming place is by far one the most comfortable hostel I have stayed at. You could not feel more at home!

This was my third trip to Israel and also the third time in this hostel. The hostel is really good. The owner and the staff are the best i know. Its always a lot of fun. If you have questions, the owner and the staff is always helping you and can give you some opinions and tips. I would recomend the hostel all the time.

good place :)

when I visited, the majority of guests were older solo travellers - not really a fun environment. The kitchen was not clean and the bathrooms are in need of repairs. The manager had a bad attitude, would frequently accuse guests of ripping him off. When you extend your stay they charge more than on Hostelworld. Wifi service was bad, I ended up buying a sim. The location is good, close to cafes/bars, and the garden is nice. The building is shabby and not "prestigious" or well-maintained.

the room was very small but for a place to sleep I can understand it. The staff was very nice and the bathrooms were clean too. Sometimes the wifi wouldn't work and sometimes it was difficult to figure out who worked for the hostel at first. But I would definitely stay there again. Also, they planned activities for the guests at the hostel each night. One night was pasta night, another night was late night out, another was a pub crawl.

Staff is not very friendly. I'm sorry to say but especially the younger French speaking staff member. Never said Hello once. Don't put loud music on after 23 o'clock. Even on a Friday. It didn't feel clean, completely safe, and welcoming.

I had a great time at Chef Hostel, I stopped using Hostels a few years ago but decided this trip to go back to those wonderful travelling years. The atmosphere is great, felt just like home, Ray, ( enjoys cooking and cooked a meal for everybody, free ) Brenn and staff were great! They were fun and very informative. The toilets and showers were always clean. I felt safe and the location is superb near most of the bars, clubs and bus station ( buses that take you to Jeruslamen and the Dead Sea ) .

• 11th Feb 2015

We had a great time. I would go there again for sure. This hostel has a lot of character and the boss is an awesome helpful guy!

I stayed in Chef Hostel for a week. The first few days was okay but it all changed when it rained. The roof on the room I was staying gave in and it was raining inside the room for the entire evening. I didn't mind it at first because I think this thing happen, but my concern was they did not have an immediate response so when it rained the following day the same thing happened. Nevertheless, I had an amazing time in Tel Aviv.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • ronelsonyadao77901840
  • Philippines

Hostel is nice and clean, located in yhe central part of Tel-Aviv. Price is also very good! I definetely will recommend it. But you need to know, that hostel is open 24 hours, but reception is working at 11:00-13:00 and 19:00-21:00. But if you arrive outside these times, you can call the receptionist.

I stayed in a private room - more like a boutique-style hotel room than what you'd find in a stereotypical hostel. Spotless room, helpful staff, great location - walking distance to pretty much everything.

Good atmosphere, nice garden, helpfull staff.

I was in the 6 bedroom dorm and it attached right to the living room. This means there are always people making noise right outside the room and that you have to pass through all the people to use the bathroom. Because people drank until the wee hours of the morning our room never aired out and smelled quite bad.

1 2 3 Next » last »