Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

I stayed in this hostel for 1 week and it was really really nice. The location is perfect, near everything. The hostel and the rooms are super clean, there is AC in the rooms! And the staff ( Roy and his father) are so nice! They are so helpful! I will definitely stay here again!

• 31st Aug 2014

Run by very nice owners, this hostel is extremely clean, provides cheap laundry service and fun coordinated activities, and is in a very good location.

Delicious food and best location in Tel aviv, right in the middle of Old Jaffa and Tel Aviv port- walking distance to everything any type of traveler desires. Chef was incredibly helpful in helping us plan our stay and provided the most delicious food as well as fun events, like a bike tour. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Very friendly, helpful and informed staff.

hi, was nice having you , it is a pleasure explaining about the city to people who use the information , we are locals and have many tips and it was cool to see you listened and found it helpful

Chef Hostel is secure, clean, and great located - just a 10 minute walk to the beach and even closer to bars and clubs. The Staff is very helpful and friendly. I would definitely come back!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Poland

thanks , was really nice having you ! you are the kind of guest that fit this house , yound europian professional , positive and social . we enjoy our work when we have guest like you , also , thank you for mot listening to the news and coming to Israel when it seems that a war is going on , the news of caurse twist everything and only by coming you can see how secure and relaxed tel aviv and israel is. see you next time roy

This is a decent/nice hostel, small with a familiary feeling. You can see it once had ambitions to be a "design hostel". Unfortunatly the wear has not been corrected under the years. With some small fixing up and new furnitures with better quality, this place could be excellent. I would also have liked to see a more professional attitude with the management. But staff and the daily cleaning was good. Overall a decent hostel where I spent five fun days. Can recommend this hostel and Tel Aviv.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Location is excellent just by the main street with many bars and restaurants, and within Walking distance from the beach. Staff is friendly and helpful and overall the hostel has a pleasant atmosphere. The patio is great! The downside is that the hostel feels a bit rundown in some aspects. The shower door was a bit broken, the door knob to our room was loose and the room missed a curtain for the small window. This is no big deal but its a bit unfortunate for an otherwise very good hostel.

Nice location, and the staff was helpful upon our arrival. The room didn't real very secure, as they only had lockers if you brought your own lock. Also, the staff wasn't very help with travel on shabot. But, I enjoyed my stay, and they allowed us to keep our bags stored throughout the next day. Thank you for that.

Experience was generally good, but a few nitpicks. My friends and I were unable to get the air conditioning to work. We all got some bug bites. The lockers are tiny (big enough for your valuables, but you'll need to leave your suitcase in the room).

I only spent one night there, and upon arrival I was strongly welcome not only by the staff itself, but also by the other guests! We had a great night alltoegether in the patio they have just for guests, and then went out for some drinks, which was nice, as I was travelling alone. The best thing of this hostel is the atmosphere it has, and its location! The rest still was all more than correct. I definitely recomment it!

Great place to stay in the center of Tel-Aviv , very nice & cozy , very good value for money .

• 29th Jun 2014

I enjoyed my stay. The room has a lot of beds but is spread out enough that you feel you have space. I ended up extending my stay two extra nights and thought the location, a few minutes from beach and a few minutes from culture was very well situated.

Feels just like home! ❤️💛💚💜💗

Really loved staying at Chef hostel. Thanks to the lovely and helpful hosts who put on a lot of efforts making their guests an awesome time. Really appreciated the great atmosphere! Cheers Lisa

• 21st Jun 2014

great place to stay while traveling , central location , confortable , enjoyed my stay , will come back once I'll visit Tel - Aviv again.

• 19th Jun 2014

Ive been around on a lot of hostels all over the world. On this one, i did not get at good feeling at all. The atmosphere was none and it felt like the hostelkeeper( or whoever he was) only cared about money. And i think everyone should know that you get lousy sheets if you only intend stay one night, if you dont pay extra of course!

We take the liberty to object to your opinion which doesn't reflect our hostel quality . You have rated atmosphere very low, how could a person who stayed only one night judge its atmosphere ?! ,as a matter of fact most of our guests praise our familial atmosphere,your scored very low value you paid 16 euros for an hostel in the heart of Tel Aviv, is that expensive ?! about sheets, most business give different qualities for different prices you make it sound like shameful, is it ?!!!

great place to stay , enjoyed it very much , clean, central location .

• 17th Jun 2014

I write this review to say that the owners were kind enough to be flexible and let me go with my booking although I couldn't go to their place due to strikes at Paris airport. They didn't charge me anything even though I warned them on very short notice. For that, they deserve a good review, as it very rarely happens. Thanks !

Great place. Friendly, helpful staff, great atmosphere and a good place to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 12th Jun 2014

Love the location and staff. Have stayed here multiple times and I keep coming back.