Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

Experience was generally good, but a few nitpicks. My friends and I were unable to get the air conditioning to work. We all got some bug bites. The lockers are tiny (big enough for your valuables, but you'll need to leave your suitcase in the room).

I enjoyed my stay. The room has a lot of beds but is spread out enough that you feel you have space. I ended up extending my stay two extra nights and thought the location, a few minutes from beach and a few minutes from culture was very well situated.

Feels just like home! ❤️💛💚💜💗

Really loved staying at Chef hostel. Thanks to the lovely and helpful hosts who put on a lot of efforts making their guests an awesome time. Really appreciated the great atmosphere! Cheers Lisa

• 21st Jun 2014

great place to stay while traveling , central location , confortable , enjoyed my stay , will come back once I'll visit Tel - Aviv again.

• 19th Jun 2014

Ive been around on a lot of hostels all over the world. On this one, i did not get at good feeling at all. The atmosphere was none and it felt like the hostelkeeper( or whoever he was) only cared about money. And i think everyone should know that you get lousy sheets if you only intend stay one night, if you dont pay extra of course!

We take the liberty to object to your opinion which doesn't reflect our hostel quality . You have rated atmosphere very low, how could a person who stayed only one night judge its atmosphere ?! ,as a matter of fact most of our guests praise our familial atmosphere,your scored very low value you paid 16 euros for an hostel in the heart of Tel Aviv, is that expensive ?! about sheets, most business give different qualities for different prices you make it sound like shameful, is it ?!!!

great place to stay , enjoyed it very much , clean, central location .

• 17th Jun 2014

I write this review to say that the owners were kind enough to be flexible and let me go with my booking although I couldn't go to their place due to strikes at Paris airport. They didn't charge me anything even though I warned them on very short notice. For that, they deserve a good review, as it very rarely happens. Thanks !

Great place. Friendly, helpful staff, great atmosphere and a good place to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 12th Jun 2014

Love the location and staff. Have stayed here multiple times and I keep coming back.

BAD: No sign on the buildig, hostel in a regular apartment building, no reception desk, unfriendly staff, no welcoming introduction into the hostel/area/things to do, biting bugs in/around my bed, dark and uncomfortable 10-bed dorm instead of booked 8-bed dorm, "don't do..." signs everywhere, terrible sheets, no towel, narrow bathroom, barking hostel dog during the night, hostel office within the guest room. GOOD: nice area, fridge, big table in the guest room, hostel has nice outside area.

Hello, I really liked this hostel, the location is really good in the center, there is this terrace inside the hostel where you can chill out. Everything was great except maybe the price, but it's Tel Aviv so you cannot find cheaper! I recommand this hostel!

The hostel is nice and in a good location. Great patio in the back with unusual extra fees if you bring your own alcohol. Walking distance to the beach, market, and going out areas. One negative thing is that the atmosphere is hit-or-miss. There seems to be a few long-term residents who act like they own the place and that can make the hostelers feel uncomfortable and like they're encroaching on them, which technically, they are.

Staff was very nice though were not able to answer many of my questions. They were flexible and tried to be helpful. The five girl female dorm was roomy enough, though small, and it was an all in all low key, very nice experience. Very close to some of the best night life in tel aviv

• 1st Jun 2014

Some trouble with over-booked rooms, but they did a good job trying to accommodate everyone. Best traits were the south-central location close to the action downtown and the nice communal atmosphere in the lounge/reception and open kitchen.

The ten-bed female dorm I booked had a guy in it. I got there really late, My bed had no pillow, which I had to ask for twice. The room's shower had no privacy, the shower door opened directly to the room. I was only there 1 night, so perhaps the charm of the place was lost on me.

The owner is pretty unorganized. After arguing about the exchange rate he took us to a 12 bed dorm and, when that was filled, "upgraded" us to a 6 bed, which is what we booked in the first place. Not much to complain about after that. There are two showers, two bathrooms, and two sinks. All were pretty clean and I saw a janitor working every day. There is a nice outside terrace, and bed sheets are provided. Lot of travelers and the atmosphere was nice. Good location on a busy street.

• 24th May 2014

Great little place. Splendid location, friendly dog.

Great location an atmosphere, the only thing is that my bedding had rips in it.

• 16th May 2014

Very nice place! Niceback backyard to sit back and relax. Great location in the city, close to allenby, shalom tower, carmel market etc. We stayed in a handful of different hostels on this trip. We did not have a better double room (on first night). Even the dorm room (on second night, double was booked out) was ok, a bit crammed but acceptably clean with an air con. Nice & helpful staff / management.

« first « Prev 1 2 3