Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

Awesome, best Hostel of our Trip in Israel

I had a really great stay at chef hostel! Staff were very friendly and helpful :) its in a great location close to the beach and restaurants/markets,highky reccomended!

• 6th Apr 2014

Die Schlafsäale sind direkt neben dem Aufenthaltsräumen, der Küche und denn Badezimmer. Es ist als wirklich laut. Auch verlangt der Besitzer bei Zahlung per Karte noch einmal extra 4% (steht es in den Agbs). Sonst freundlichen Personal und recht preiswert!

• 28th Mar 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore - clean, and good location.

we felt very well we apreciate the location and the people we would like to visit again !!

• 21st Mar 2014

It was exactly what I expected. I knew I was not staying at a 5-star luxury hotel, and I anticipated the condition of the facilities. It was not the greatest place I have ever stayed at, but then again it was 1/3 or 1/4 the price of most places I've stayed before. If someone is looking for a place that is pretty cheap to stay at, I would definitely tell them about this one.

• 14th Mar 2014

Great staff and location. run by locals and travelers, you meet great people there. Definitely worth a trip. Will be back soon ;-)

This is a very good hostel with a cosy feel about it. Easy to meet other travellers. Friendly staff. Great patio area out the back to relax in with a beer after a day wandering around Tel Aviv. Very clean and great location just of Allenby St. Easy to get to by bus from Central Bus station or the rail station.

This hostel is a very great place to meet nice people and go to the pub crawl! The atmosphere is just great! Thanks Roy and team!

• 20th Feb 2014

The hoste is located in a perfect place, near to the clubs and entertaiments. The rooms were clean enough and the sheets and towels clean, also. Nice terrace to have a beer

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Clean and tidy rooms. Small bat useful kitchen. Many sockets in dorms. Small but lovely back garden. Many small excursions. The only thing we really didn't like - Younger owner. Very unhelpful, disrespectful, rude person. Day of our arrive he sad that he's doing huge favor to as (we arrived after 9 p.m. and were late 10 min, but we informed him about that). But his father and the other staff were super great persons

Roy is taking care of every guest personally. It feels more like an flat-sharing community than a hostel. I stayed in the dorm which is easy and convenient. You will love the atmosphere of the lounge and the kitchen, where his team is sometimes preparing food for everyone. A piece of jewellery is the terrace where you can hang out, enjoy yourself in the sun or chat with others. Roy is capable of many languages, so ask if you need any information, he will be able to help you.I will come back:-)

• 15th Feb 2014

I stayed here multiple times. First the volunteers are really nice and helpful. The location is central and the lounge areas are great. That's the positive. I think it's overpriced. 95 nis for 16 bed dorm and 110 nis for a six bed dorm. They don't provide towels, and charge for a lot of little things. The manager (?) is really not good with guests. I saw him turn away a guest after he had already reserved online and checked in. Said it was because he was local, but there were others there.

Hi Each establishment has its own policy, why id you keep coming back if it is over priced.Tel Aviv is one of the most expensive cities in the world.

I enjoyed my stay very much. The place has a very warm, almost family like feel to it,it's location excellent-as it is close to all the major attractions in the city.The rooms are very well worth their price, clean, air conditioned and comfortable beds. Another major bonus for me were the pub-crawls held every week! You get to meet so many locals and explore the city's vivid and tourist friendly night life. Definitely 10/10 Highly reccomend the hostel!!!

Intially we arrived at Chef with some friends who had good rate through a reservation they had made. When we asked for the same deal the owner got very angry and said we had insulted him and were being culturally insensitive. Mixed dorm bathroom s are very small. Wifi down stairs is Excellent. Staff were disinterested in me. My matress had stains. The common room is a very nice place to hang out. The outside area would be great in the summer. They hounded me for 3 weeks to write this review.

Great location, but the place had a strange vibe. The room I stayed in was super cramped and water would drip from the ceiling and hit me in the face during the night. Also, the bathroom facilities weren't quality. It sucked that I couldn't bring my own alcohol into the hostel. Additionally, the owner sent me an extremely unprofessional email basically trying to guilt me into leaving a perfect review. Improve your product if you want good reviews, don't beg for them, it's unbecoming.

We never asked to leave a perfect review, we just asked to leave a review. We explained in the letter the importance of the reviews for the business.We have learned one thing that the God of the guests is money, we believe that what has caused your angry is the demand of not bringing alcohol from outside. Would you go to a restaurant and bring the food with you ?!

Thanks to the hotel team , the stay was wonderful and the rooms as well. Will definitely come back to stay with you. Thank you.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Israel

Great, chill place in the center or Tel Aviv. Organizes tours, meals and events. Nice combination of fun but relaxing.

• 25th Jan 2014

I did not like how you have to pay extra for everything. they charge for tea and storage which is strange for a hostel. all in all it was avarage.

Very central, close to beach and city life, cafes, bars, culture, very good atmosphere and super clean

• 24th Jan 2014