Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

This is a decent/nice hostel, small with a familiary feeling. You can see it once had ambitions to be a "design hostel". Unfortunatly the wear has not been corrected under the years. With some small fixing up and new furnitures with better quality, this place could be excellent. I would also have liked to see a more professional attitude with the management. But staff and the daily cleaning was good. Overall a decent hostel where I spent five fun days. Can recommend this hostel and Tel Aviv.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Location is excellent just by the main street with many bars and restaurants, and within Walking distance from the beach. Staff is friendly and helpful and overall the hostel has a pleasant atmosphere. The patio is great! The downside is that the hostel feels a bit rundown in some aspects. The shower door was a bit broken, the door knob to our room was loose and the room missed a curtain for the small window. This is no big deal but its a bit unfortunate for an otherwise very good hostel.

Nice location, and the staff was helpful upon our arrival. The room didn't real very secure, as they only had lockers if you brought your own lock. Also, the staff wasn't very help with travel on shabot. But, I enjoyed my stay, and they allowed us to keep our bags stored throughout the next day. Thank you for that.

Experience was generally good, but a few nitpicks. My friends and I were unable to get the air conditioning to work. We all got some bug bites. The lockers are tiny (big enough for your valuables, but you'll need to leave your suitcase in the room).

I only spent one night there, and upon arrival I was strongly welcome not only by the staff itself, but also by the other guests! We had a great night alltoegether in the patio they have just for guests, and then went out for some drinks, which was nice, as I was travelling alone. The best thing of this hostel is the atmosphere it has, and its location! The rest still was all more than correct. I definitely recomment it!

Great place to stay in the center of Tel-Aviv , very nice & cozy , very good value for money .

• 29th Jun 2014

I enjoyed my stay. The room has a lot of beds but is spread out enough that you feel you have space. I ended up extending my stay two extra nights and thought the location, a few minutes from beach and a few minutes from culture was very well situated.

Feels just like home! ❤️💛💚💜💗

Really loved staying at Chef hostel. Thanks to the lovely and helpful hosts who put on a lot of efforts making their guests an awesome time. Really appreciated the great atmosphere! Cheers Lisa

• 21st Jun 2014

great place to stay while traveling , central location , confortable , enjoyed my stay , will come back once I'll visit Tel - Aviv again.

• 19th Jun 2014

Ive been around on a lot of hostels all over the world. On this one, i did not get at good feeling at all. The atmosphere was none and it felt like the hostelkeeper( or whoever he was) only cared about money. And i think everyone should know that you get lousy sheets if you only intend stay one night, if you dont pay extra of course!

We take the liberty to object to your opinion which doesn't reflect our hostel quality . You have rated atmosphere very low, how could a person who stayed only one night judge its atmosphere ?! ,as a matter of fact most of our guests praise our familial atmosphere,your scored very low value you paid 16 euros for an hostel in the heart of Tel Aviv, is that expensive ?! about sheets, most business give different qualities for different prices you make it sound like shameful, is it ?!!!

great place to stay , enjoyed it very much , clean, central location .

• 17th Jun 2014

I write this review to say that the owners were kind enough to be flexible and let me go with my booking although I couldn't go to their place due to strikes at Paris airport. They didn't charge me anything even though I warned them on very short notice. For that, they deserve a good review, as it very rarely happens. Thanks !

Great place. Friendly, helpful staff, great atmosphere and a good place to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 12th Jun 2014

Love the location and staff. Have stayed here multiple times and I keep coming back.

BAD: No sign on the buildig, hostel in a regular apartment building, no reception desk, unfriendly staff, no welcoming introduction into the hostel/area/things to do, biting bugs in/around my bed, dark and uncomfortable 10-bed dorm instead of booked 8-bed dorm, "don't do..." signs everywhere, terrible sheets, no towel, narrow bathroom, barking hostel dog during the night, hostel office within the guest room. GOOD: nice area, fridge, big table in the guest room, hostel has nice outside area.

Hello, I really liked this hostel, the location is really good in the center, there is this terrace inside the hostel where you can chill out. Everything was great except maybe the price, but it's Tel Aviv so you cannot find cheaper! I recommand this hostel!

The hostel is nice and in a good location. Great patio in the back with unusual extra fees if you bring your own alcohol. Walking distance to the beach, market, and going out areas. One negative thing is that the atmosphere is hit-or-miss. There seems to be a few long-term residents who act like they own the place and that can make the hostelers feel uncomfortable and like they're encroaching on them, which technically, they are.

Staff was very nice though were not able to answer many of my questions. They were flexible and tried to be helpful. The five girl female dorm was roomy enough, though small, and it was an all in all low key, very nice experience. Very close to some of the best night life in tel aviv

• 1st Jun 2014

Some trouble with over-booked rooms, but they did a good job trying to accommodate everyone. Best traits were the south-central location close to the action downtown and the nice communal atmosphere in the lounge/reception and open kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3