Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

The ten-bed female dorm I booked had a guy in it. I got there really late, My bed had no pillow, which I had to ask for twice. The room's shower had no privacy, the shower door opened directly to the room. I was only there 1 night, so perhaps the charm of the place was lost on me.

The owner is pretty unorganized. After arguing about the exchange rate he took us to a 12 bed dorm and, when that was filled, "upgraded" us to a 6 bed, which is what we booked in the first place. Not much to complain about after that. There are two showers, two bathrooms, and two sinks. All were pretty clean and I saw a janitor working every day. There is a nice outside terrace, and bed sheets are provided. Lot of travelers and the atmosphere was nice. Good location on a busy street.

• 24th May 2014

Great little place. Splendid location, friendly dog.

Great location an atmosphere, the only thing is that my bedding had rips in it.

• 16th May 2014

Very nice place! Niceback backyard to sit back and relax. Great location in the city, close to allenby, shalom tower, carmel market etc. We stayed in a handful of different hostels on this trip. We did not have a better double room (on first night). Even the dorm room (on second night, double was booked out) was ok, a bit crammed but acceptably clean with an air con. Nice & helpful staff / management.

Cosy is indeed the word. Small, charming place, very well located for the best of Tel Aviv. In the major dorm room downstairs, the shower is, shall we say, intimate -- not for the squeamish. A great plsce, all in all. Like Gen. MacArthur, I shall return.

This is the second time I stayed at the hostel. It is not the most exciting place in the world, and it is certainly not a Hilton Hotel, but it is a decent value for the money and it is in a prime location.

I really liked the friendly atmosphere and that the hostel stuff was always prepared to help and answer questions! Thank you! I didn't like the fact that there was only a mixed bathroom with no way to lock the door and the only privacy that was available (if you didn't book a a bed in a female dorm) was to change clothes in the toilett cabin (no space and large windows in the direction of the courtyard)...I'd like to be able and undress/take a shower without fear of being caught naked! Thanks!

• 15th Apr 2014

hello, the problem is that you didn't ask, there is a bathroom that is total private and can be locked, many of the girls do use this one, but the rest just come to the showers with their towels dress and undress in their rooms , just like you do at home . my suggestion for next time ask before !!!

Awesome, best Hostel of our Trip in Israel

We had such a nice time at Chef Hostel, nice atmosphere, nice people, good informations, we had fun :-)

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Austria

I had a really great stay at chef hostel! Staff were very friendly and helpful :) its in a great location close to the beach and restaurants/markets,highky reccomended!

• 6th Apr 2014

Die Schlafsäale sind direkt neben dem Aufenthaltsräumen, der Küche und denn Badezimmer. Es ist als wirklich laut. Auch verlangt der Besitzer bei Zahlung per Karte noch einmal extra 4% (steht es in den Agbs). Sonst freundlichen Personal und recht preiswert!

• 28th Mar 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore - clean, and good location.

we felt very well we apreciate the location and the people we would like to visit again !!

• 21st Mar 2014

It was exactly what I expected. I knew I was not staying at a 5-star luxury hotel, and I anticipated the condition of the facilities. It was not the greatest place I have ever stayed at, but then again it was 1/3 or 1/4 the price of most places I've stayed before. If someone is looking for a place that is pretty cheap to stay at, I would definitely tell them about this one.

Great staff and location. run by locals and travelers, you meet great people there. Definitely worth a trip. Will be back soon ;-)

This is a very good hostel with a cosy feel about it. Easy to meet other travellers. Friendly staff. Great patio area out the back to relax in with a beer after a day wandering around Tel Aviv. Very clean and great location just of Allenby St. Easy to get to by bus from Central Bus station or the rail station.

This hostel is a very great place to meet nice people and go to the pub crawl! The atmosphere is just great! Thanks Roy and team!

• 20th Feb 2014

The hoste is located in a perfect place, near to the clubs and entertaiments. The rooms were clean enough and the sheets and towels clean, also. Nice terrace to have a beer

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Clean and tidy rooms. Small bat useful kitchen. Many sockets in dorms. Small but lovely back garden. Many small excursions. The only thing we really didn't like - Younger owner. Very unhelpful, disrespectful, rude person. Day of our arrive he sad that he's doing huge favor to as (we arrived after 9 p.m. and were late 10 min, but we informed him about that). But his father and the other staff were super great persons