Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

great place to stay , enjoyed it very much , clean, central location .

• 17th Jun 2014

I write this review to say that the owners were kind enough to be flexible and let me go with my booking although I couldn't go to their place due to strikes at Paris airport. They didn't charge me anything even though I warned them on very short notice. For that, they deserve a good review, as it very rarely happens. Thanks !

Great place. Friendly, helpful staff, great atmosphere and a good place to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 12th Jun 2014

Love the location and staff. Have stayed here multiple times and I keep coming back.

BAD: No sign on the buildig, hostel in a regular apartment building, no reception desk, unfriendly staff, no welcoming introduction into the hostel/area/things to do, biting bugs in/around my bed, dark and uncomfortable 10-bed dorm instead of booked 8-bed dorm, "don't do..." signs everywhere, terrible sheets, no towel, narrow bathroom, barking hostel dog during the night, hostel office within the guest room. GOOD: nice area, fridge, big table in the guest room, hostel has nice outside area.

thanks for stressing out what we WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW- we have no sign in the front , no reception- there are signs what you cant do , towel is not included, sheets for one nights stay are from fast drying matirial that saves on water for this dry country rather then sheets for multiple nights stay which are from cotton ,and the dog is the manager dog and he is there during the time that the manager is there. and barks only on people that he didnt see before - or people who make noise and slam

Hello, I really liked this hostel, the location is really good in the center, there is this terrace inside the hostel where you can chill out. Everything was great except maybe the price, but it's Tel Aviv so you cannot find cheaper! I recommand this hostel!

The hostel is nice and in a good location. Great patio in the back with unusual extra fees if you bring your own alcohol. Walking distance to the beach, market, and going out areas. One negative thing is that the atmosphere is hit-or-miss. There seems to be a few long-term residents who act like they own the place and that can make the hostelers feel uncomfortable and like they're encroaching on them, which technically, they are.

Staff was very nice though were not able to answer many of my questions. They were flexible and tried to be helpful. The five girl female dorm was roomy enough, though small, and it was an all in all low key, very nice experience. Very close to some of the best night life in tel aviv

• 1st Jun 2014

Some trouble with over-booked rooms, but they did a good job trying to accommodate everyone. Best traits were the south-central location close to the action downtown and the nice communal atmosphere in the lounge/reception and open kitchen.

The ten-bed female dorm I booked had a guy in it. I got there really late, My bed had no pillow, which I had to ask for twice. The room's shower had no privacy, the shower door opened directly to the room. I was only there 1 night, so perhaps the charm of the place was lost on me.

The owner is pretty unorganized. After arguing about the exchange rate he took us to a 12 bed dorm and, when that was filled, "upgraded" us to a 6 bed, which is what we booked in the first place. Not much to complain about after that. There are two showers, two bathrooms, and two sinks. All were pretty clean and I saw a janitor working every day. There is a nice outside terrace, and bed sheets are provided. Lot of travelers and the atmosphere was nice. Good location on a busy street.

• 24th May 2014

Great little place. Splendid location, friendly dog.

Great location an atmosphere, the only thing is that my bedding had rips in it.

• 16th May 2014

Very nice place! Niceback backyard to sit back and relax. Great location in the city, close to allenby, shalom tower, carmel market etc. We stayed in a handful of different hostels on this trip. We did not have a better double room (on first night). Even the dorm room (on second night, double was booked out) was ok, a bit crammed but acceptably clean with an air con. Nice & helpful staff / management.

Cosy is indeed the word. Small, charming place, very well located for the best of Tel Aviv. In the major dorm room downstairs, the shower is, shall we say, intimate -- not for the squeamish. A great plsce, all in all. Like Gen. MacArthur, I shall return.

This is the second time I stayed at the hostel. It is not the most exciting place in the world, and it is certainly not a Hilton Hotel, but it is a decent value for the money and it is in a prime location.

1 2 Next » last »