Chef Hostel Tel Aviv Montefiore Reviews

19 Montefiore Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

very nice place. clean . in the center. close to the beach, carmel market .

Excellent location at which to stay.

The best hostel I can imagine, because of the cool staff there (and location is very central to all places). Also from here starts the pub crawl where people from all other hostels coming to.

The dorms downstairs are ridiculously damp. It cannot be healthy to sleep there for more than a couple of days. The open kitchen? "Chef" reserves everything, you cannot even use his knives etc. You would expect they would put some soap in the toilets or not charge for tea bags/instant coffee, but no luck there either. Cleanliness is also an issue. The location is on the other side is really good, making almost every place in interest in walking distance.

Located to accommodate all you will need while staying in Tel Aviv. Whether it's the beach or some nightlife you are after all and a lot more will be close by.

• 25th Dec 2013

It's a really nice hostel! You can use every place if it's your own house. (but ofcourse there are some rules..) The common areas give you a good family feeling. The staff is really nice! Judith and Brenn did a good job to help everyone and Roy, the owner, is a friendly guy to help you and show you around. The location is perfect, everything is close by. I stayed 10 days in this hostel, and I had a really good time here! If I will go again to Tel Aviv, I will be go back to this hostel.

• 24th Dec 2013

Meeting other peoples

A pretty good hostel. I only stayed one night but everything seemed fine, the staff were very friendly and happy to help. Seemed like a good place to meet people; I think even better in the summer because they have a quite a big area out the back. Two complaints: the duvets don't fit the duvet covers and the showers are very poorly designed. Anyone afraid of nudity should avoid.

This hostel could use a few things that could easily be improved without costing alot. I had informed a staff member from chefs hostel that I would arrive late and was informed that there would be someone waiting for me. .. i arrived at the hostel at 2 am and no one there to open and waited for 30 mts until someone heard me ring the door. Security is an issue because I did find the doors open at time no one watching our stuff. Owner is friendly once you talk with him. Ben

it is my second house

Good, clean hostel. Seems secure. Location is exceptional -- right in the center of Tel Aviv, a good walking distance from most of the major sites, as well as restaurants and nightlife. I arrived late at night and the hostel was kind enough to receive me without any problems. If I have any complaint, it's that the staff was distant and didn't do a great job of explaining the hostel's amenities. Towels cost extra, no hooks in the showers -- a few little things that could be improved upon.

Chef Hostel is located next to a lot of cafés, little streetfood restaurants as well es discos. Neve Tsedek is close and nice to visit. Everything you need is arround of Chef Hostel. Also the help of Roy and his father is great. We need there advice sometimes and it was no problem for them to help us. This is a great place to stay!

• 12th Dec 2013

great place to stay, enjoyed it very much 1

• 12th Dec 2013

great place.

• 11th Dec 2013

The hostel is continously improving, I saw it with my own eyes as Roy and Brenn were sawing the sofa, pouring cement in the hallway and adding dozens of flowers outside! Pretty impressive :) So nothing to add. Or maybe one thing: you should fix the power outlet in the 6-bed dorm next to the computers, immediately on the right, bottom bed: doesn't work + fire hazard!

Chef Hostel is great located, the staff is super committed and it´s a good place to meet other travellers. You can feel at home there!!

• 9th Dec 2013

Hostel is located in a good area and staff is helpful.

• 9th Dec 2013

really enjoyed my stay at Chefhostel. Cozy , clean and superbly located.H I will sure come back highly recommended. I shall surely come back !!!

• 9th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels i've been! sure gonna come back to them if i'm again in tel-aviv, staff is very friendly specially Judith at reception! and you cant miss the pubcrawls thursdays and saturdays! Rooms were perfect, with bathroom and shower in the room, and overall, you can have chilll nights if you want or really party ones!

Great hostel to stay with nice people as staff. Its location is amazing, really close to the party places. Theres also a good pub crawl going on. Would stay again!

• 4th Dec 2013