Chelsea Highline Hostel Reviews

184 11th Eleventh Avenue, New York, USA

Hands down best hostel in the city. Carlos at the front desk is incredibly helpful and genuinely cares about every tenet.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Its a little bit away from the subway which may be bothersome when arriving and leaving with the luggage. In every other aspect it was totally perfect!

There was regularly no toilet paper available in either 3 of the toilets on my floor and when I asked staff I was given a blank look as thought she didn't understand me, maybe she didn't.

The location is not close to a subway station, but only 10 m from a bus stop. And the possibility to start the day walking on the Highline is a great plus. Hostel was average, the bunk beds are light-weight, means, if the lower person does not lie in bed, it's not quite stable to climb up. I read reviews before mentioned the dirty bathrooms- I can't confirm. Using the bathroom at different times in the morning and evening I found them always clean. To get stable warm water one needs to be lucky.

• 13th Jun 2014

The location is not bad ! In less than 9 min u can be in NYC by car! But the breaksfast was awfull , the room was very hot , dirty and noisy! The towels were included in the price but they didn't have towels for all of us ! I won't come back !

The location is perfect and if you want to stay in central Manhattan you won't find a cheaper place! The staff was nice, the breakfast decent but ok! The only thing what was horrible was the beds - noisy and uncomfortable! Everytime I turned around I woke the other person up! And no nice common area to hang out together...

The location is not to bad however the room I stayed in looked run down. I could feel the springs in the mattress, and the bed was unstable and very narrow. Plus the air conditioning unit sounded like it was going to lift off into outer space.

Basic but everything you need, except the fleas in the bedding. They were gross

Staff wasn't always friendly and the reception wasn't covered at all times, bummer if your key card wasn't working.

beds felt like a plastic bag and very unconfortable, but location was top. 2 blocks to subway it was not clean at all

No hot water and infiltration.

I had a terrible stay at this hostel because of the venue and the staff. Upon arrival, my bed was unmade and there was a pile of wet towels in the corner of the room. In the morning, my key card wouldn't work. I had to go to reception 3 times in my towel before they would help, up and down 4 flights of stairs. On my final night, when is returned to my room someone was in my bed as they had double booked it. When I raised this at reception, they just moved me to another room. Location is solid.

• 23rd Apr 2014

My stay was adequate but too expensive for what was offered. 3rd floor had two washrooms but one washroom didn't have warm shower water. There is one common space downstairs and it's not very inviting. Not really a place to sit down, relax, and mingle. The staff didn't facilitate any mingling either. No kitchen. If there was, it wasn't shown to me. That being said, really enjoyed the location. The staff were helpful, funny, polite. Place needs warm water and ambiance. That or drop the price.

Was informed that because I'm from New Jersey, I was not supposed to stay there but they let me just one time. Told them I lived 75 miles away, not just across the river. They said NY, NJ, and CT people can't stay there. I asked what if I lived in Buffalo and they said I still wouldn't be able to stay there. Told them that this was rather dumb if your trying to do business. They are not making any money off of empty beds!

• 31st Mar 2014

The toilet is so dirty and takes 15 mins walk from the metro to hostel, pretty dangers for a girl.

Beds not the most comfy. Limited staff interaction. Breakfast served was same every day - muffins/coffee and lacked variety. Excellent location.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

The only good thing about this hostel is the location (a couple blocks from some really nice clubs on the Meatpacking District and Highline Park). The bathrooms were filthy dirt, the outlets and the heater didn't work. There was a bad smell in the corridor.

• 21st Mar 2014

This hostel is located a 10-15 min walk to the subway. You just need to be prepared to wallk with your bags that far. Most of the other Manhattan hostels are much closer to the subway. When we arrived, there was no heat in the rooms and the weather was freezing. No extra blankets were given upon request. Blankest are not actual blankets, they are jokes. Bunk beds were super uncomfortable. Sheets looked dirty. Staff though was helpful and nice.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

Not clean, wifi is not useful in rooms...

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Heating broken, rooms were freezingly cold. The windows made it even worse, as they are in such a bad condition that we first they are opened. There was a gap of some centimeters between the windows that was just closed with a plastic film. After sleeping in our jackets, we had to try four bathrooms to find a working shower - with water cold as ice. The guy at the reception didn't care at all about that. Poorest experience ever in a hostel.

• 31st Jan 2014