Chelsea Highline Hostel Reviews

184 11th Eleventh Avenue, New York, USA

My stay was adequate but too expensive for what was offered. 3rd floor had two washrooms but one washroom didn't have warm shower water. There is one common space downstairs and it's not very inviting. Not really a place to sit down, relax, and mingle. The staff didn't facilitate any mingling either. No kitchen. If there was, it wasn't shown to me. That being said, really enjoyed the location. The staff were helpful, funny, polite. Place needs warm water and ambiance. That or drop the price.

Was informed that because I'm from New Jersey, I was not supposed to stay there but they let me just one time. Told them I lived 75 miles away, not just across the river. They said NY, NJ, and CT people can't stay there. I asked what if I lived in Buffalo and they said I still wouldn't be able to stay there. Told them that this was rather dumb if your trying to do business. They are not making any money off of empty beds!

• 31st Mar 2014

The toilet is so dirty and takes 15 mins walk from the metro to hostel, pretty dangers for a girl.

Beds not the most comfy. Limited staff interaction. Breakfast served was same every day - muffins/coffee and lacked variety. Excellent location.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

The only good thing about this hostel is the location (a couple blocks from some really nice clubs on the Meatpacking District and Highline Park). The bathrooms were filthy dirt, the outlets and the heater didn't work. There was a bad smell in the corridor.

• 21st Mar 2014

This hostel is located a 10-15 min walk to the subway. You just need to be prepared to wallk with your bags that far. Most of the other Manhattan hostels are much closer to the subway. When we arrived, there was no heat in the rooms and the weather was freezing. No extra blankets were given upon request. Blankest are not actual blankets, they are jokes. Bunk beds were super uncomfortable. Sheets looked dirty. Staff though was helpful and nice.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

Not clean, wifi is not useful in rooms...

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Heating broken, rooms were freezingly cold. The windows made it even worse, as they are in such a bad condition that we first they are opened. There was a gap of some centimeters between the windows that was just closed with a plastic film. After sleeping in our jackets, we had to try four bathrooms to find a working shower - with water cold as ice. The guy at the reception didn't care at all about that. Poorest experience ever in a hostel.

• 31st Jan 2014

It s a hostel in a nice neighborhood and so close to all the places in manhattan. But on the other side, was it not so clean and comfortable. A good place for guys who like to be close to Manhattan

• 21st Jan 2014

Good hostel in a nice neighborhood. Free breakfast. Rooms are great and very clean. Bathrooms are sometimes dirty and there are too few. Price over NYE was not justified and was too high in relation to the performance.

Worst experience ever. entire facility is dirty, has't been cleaned for a while. As we got into our room, we noticed the room has not been cleaned at all. Trash all over the floor, sink would not drain. we talked to the cleaning staff about it after the first night. They did not nothing, did not even clean the room. The bathrooms were filthy. I understand it is shared, but the staff needs to clean it. The bunk bed in the room is so light, not stable. it fell on my friend and he hurt himself.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Uzbekistan
  • All Male Group, 31-40

This is a great location, close to restaurants, theatre and art galleries, bus stops and easy to get a taxi. However, the bed was really bad and the bathroom was just cleanish:) Staff was not friendly - felt like you bother them if you ask something.

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Namibia

I stayed there in the winter and the room was cold. The beds were very hard to sleep on. The staff did what they had to do to, but that was it. They weren't particularly friendly. And it's a good thing New York has such good subway lines, otherwise it would be long walks from the hostel to the touristic spots. The hostel is close to the bus stop though.

Most of the reviews I read on here before coming to this hospital were accurate. Not the best facilities, and they double booked our room so we had someone sleeping in one of our beds when we got back late. Location was great though.

Location is interesting, just on the Highline that offers a different view of the city and 3 blocks to the closest subway station. When I got there both beds in the room I was assigned to were undone but I was promptly moved in another room by the receptionist (kind and available). Bed is not the best point of this hostel... while I found restrooms and shower surprisingly clean! No hot water on the 4th floor the night I arrived... not chilled but not even tepid...