Chelsea Highline Hostel Reviews

184 11th Eleventh Avenue, New York, USA

No hot water and infiltration.

I had a terrible stay at this hostel because of the venue and the staff. Upon arrival, my bed was unmade and there was a pile of wet towels in the corner of the room. In the morning, my key card wouldn't work. I had to go to reception 3 times in my towel before they would help, up and down 4 flights of stairs. On my final night, when is returned to my room someone was in my bed as they had double booked it. When I raised this at reception, they just moved me to another room. Location is solid.

• 23rd Apr 2014

My stay was adequate but too expensive for what was offered. 3rd floor had two washrooms but one washroom didn't have warm shower water. There is one common space downstairs and it's not very inviting. Not really a place to sit down, relax, and mingle. The staff didn't facilitate any mingling either. No kitchen. If there was, it wasn't shown to me. That being said, really enjoyed the location. The staff were helpful, funny, polite. Place needs warm water and ambiance. That or drop the price.

Was informed that because I'm from New Jersey, I was not supposed to stay there but they let me just one time. Told them I lived 75 miles away, not just across the river. They said NY, NJ, and CT people can't stay there. I asked what if I lived in Buffalo and they said I still wouldn't be able to stay there. Told them that this was rather dumb if your trying to do business. They are not making any money off of empty beds!

• 31st Mar 2014

The toilet is so dirty and takes 15 mins walk from the metro to hostel, pretty dangers for a girl.

Beds not the most comfy. Limited staff interaction. Breakfast served was same every day - muffins/coffee and lacked variety. Excellent location.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

The only good thing about this hostel is the location (a couple blocks from some really nice clubs on the Meatpacking District and Highline Park). The bathrooms were filthy dirt, the outlets and the heater didn't work. There was a bad smell in the corridor.

• 21st Mar 2014