Chelsea Highline Youth Hotel Reviews

184 11th Eleventh Avenue, New York, USA

There was a 'rat' in my room. Overall is quite bad, I advice you not to believe what you see in their pictures. The only thing that impress me is location.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Thailand

Location is pretty good and some of the staff members were nice and helpful. Bathroom was pretty bad and so was my room. Also I could hear absolutely everything that was happening in the hallway so i couldn't sleep well. Free breakfast was not very good but since it's free i should not complain that much. Free wifi is onl available in the lobby

The bed had wires popping out, EXTREMELY uncomfortable, staff not helpful at all, very dirty, blankets VERY dirty

• 18th Jun 2015

A good place for the money

• 17th Jun 2015

I wouldn't go here again even if you paid me. It's absolutely filthy and disgusting. The staff is horrible, especially the girls. There was one guy who was friendly though. Wifi doesn't work, tv doesn't work, sockets in rooms doesn't work. Stay clear of this place.

This hostel was just gross and sort of unpleasant. It was the cheapest in the area though so that was the one good point. When I first arrived there was a line to check in mostly because they have an archaic credit card system that doesn't accept debit/credit cards with a chip.... The ones you can use in other countries. What?!? Wacky. Blankets on bed were made out of something similar to a nerd ball. Also lots of stray hairs in bathrooms and flooring coming up.

There was peeling paint on the walls and the toilets looked worn out. Just needs an update so it doesn't feel like a prison.

• 1st Jun 2015

Free breakfasts and condoms and a great prise covers all minuses. Perrlfect location for travelers

• 30th May 2015
  • Russia

The location was good and private room for the price was okay. Not really same atmosphere that you get in some other hostels. Showers were often dirty and only cold water. Also the plankets looked like they haven't been washed in months.

Had very unpleasant situations with a miss of the staff. She didn't know anything about, the administration, the Internet in just one salon is awful and not comfortable place to sit and or eat. Badrooms where a mess after 11oclock

• 19th May 2015
  • Mexico

We checked in on Tue afternoon and had to wait 30 minutes for a desk clerk to appear. Several other people were waiting, too, including one person who needed access to his luggage so that he could get to the airport for an international flight. One of the toilets on the 4th floor was filthy and was not cleaned or labeled "out of order" throughout our two-day stay. Some in our group were given keys to rooms that were already occupied. There is not enough room here to list all complaints...

• 12th May 2015

wouldn't go back. This hostel needs more bathrooms and cleaner bathrooms too. I'm not that fussy but compared with most other hostels the standard is pretty poor. Rooms themselves are ok and I was impressed at how quiet it was.

• 12th May 2015

NO WIFI IN ROOMS HEATER DOES NOT WORK, IT IS VERY COLD IN THE NIGHT (April) BLANKETS ARE VERY DIRTY

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Poland

It was the worst hostel I have ever been to and the word disgusting can´t even describe what we found there. I would never go again!

• 17th Apr 2015

Great budget place with spacious rooms and helpful staff. Within walking distance to most places and also train and subway station.

Picture shows twin beds, not bunk beds that are the only option. No mention that the facility was not disabled friendly; room was on the third floor! I had to climb, in pain, 3 flights! I was trapped, without access, to leave and come back in.

• 10th Apr 2015

This is a prime location, only a walk away from everything!! We are Irish, living in Australia, and travelled to NYC for St Patricks Day! It is very affordable and just fantastic location!! Only downside to our stay was the road works going on outside we're just below our bedroom window and was quite noisy - but not a fault of the hostel whatsoever!! Loved it and would recommend it to everyone wanting to stay somewhere comfortable safe cheap and local!! :) x

• 16th Mar 2015

It's not really a Young Hotel. You haven't a kitchen but you have a breakfast.

• 16th Mar 2015

The hostel was one of the worst experiences we had in our life. It was a weird environment we never felt safe, they came into our rooms while we were not there and searched for our stuff, the heating was broken so in a -15 degrees night we almost freeze inside the bedroom and the other room was always wet with water dripping from the walls. I would NEVER recommend this hostal even if you want to pay cheap it's not worth it for the bad experience over night.

Good things: super cheap for Manhattan, 10 min walk from subway, 24hour reception. Clean room, if sparsely furnished. Disappointed with: no lockers in room, no towels provided, no hot water in the sink! Two room dorm seemed like it would cut down on the creepy stranger ratio, but the awkwardly situated, rickety bunk bed made me the annoying, fussy stranger. It creaked with every attempt to get comfy on the extremely thin mattress and cotton ball of a pillow. Bring ear plugs and melatonin.

• 31st Jan 2015