Chelsea Highline Youth Hotel Reviews

184 11th Eleventh Avenue, New York, USA

Had very unpleasant situations with a miss of the staff. She didn't know anything about, the administration, the Internet in just one salon is awful and not comfortable place to sit and or eat. Badrooms where a mess after 11oclock

• 19th May 2015
  • Mexico

We checked in on Tue afternoon and had to wait 30 minutes for a desk clerk to appear. Several other people were waiting, too, including one person who needed access to his luggage so that he could get to the airport for an international flight. One of the toilets on the 4th floor was filthy and was not cleaned or labeled "out of order" throughout our two-day stay. Some in our group were given keys to rooms that were already occupied. There is not enough room here to list all complaints...

• 12th May 2015

wouldn't go back. This hostel needs more bathrooms and cleaner bathrooms too. I'm not that fussy but compared with most other hostels the standard is pretty poor. Rooms themselves are ok and I was impressed at how quiet it was.

• 12th May 2015

NO WIFI IN ROOMS HEATER DOES NOT WORK, IT IS VERY COLD IN THE NIGHT (April) BLANKETS ARE VERY DIRTY

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Poland

It was the worst hostel I have ever been to and the word disgusting can´t even describe what we found there. I would never go again!

• 17th Apr 2015

Great budget place with spacious rooms and helpful staff. Within walking distance to most places and also train and subway station.

Picture shows twin beds, not bunk beds that are the only option. No mention that the facility was not disabled friendly; room was on the third floor! I had to climb, in pain, 3 flights! I was trapped, without access, to leave and come back in.

• 10th Apr 2015

This is a prime location, only a walk away from everything!! We are Irish, living in Australia, and travelled to NYC for St Patricks Day! It is very affordable and just fantastic location!! Only downside to our stay was the road works going on outside we're just below our bedroom window and was quite noisy - but not a fault of the hostel whatsoever!! Loved it and would recommend it to everyone wanting to stay somewhere comfortable safe cheap and local!! :) x

• 16th Mar 2015

It's not really a Young Hotel. You haven't a kitchen but you have a breakfast.

• 16th Mar 2015

The hostel was one of the worst experiences we had in our life. It was a weird environment we never felt safe, they came into our rooms while we were not there and searched for our stuff, the heating was broken so in a -15 degrees night we almost freeze inside the bedroom and the other room was always wet with water dripping from the walls. I would NEVER recommend this hostal even if you want to pay cheap it's not worth it for the bad experience over night.

Good things: super cheap for Manhattan, 10 min walk from subway, 24hour reception. Clean room, if sparsely furnished. Disappointed with: no lockers in room, no towels provided, no hot water in the sink! Two room dorm seemed like it would cut down on the creepy stranger ratio, but the awkwardly situated, rickety bunk bed made me the annoying, fussy stranger. It creaked with every attempt to get comfy on the extremely thin mattress and cotton ball of a pillow. Bring ear plugs and melatonin.

• 31st Jan 2015

ALL STAFF ARE VERY FRIENDLY. LOCATION IS GOOD TOO. I didn`t feel very safe to sleep there, due to different strangers/clients. I didn`t use shower, looks not very comfortable. Toilet is not very clean. Sheets are clean but blackets are dirty and broken. Only positive point is that they have very helpful and happy staff working there.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • China

I was prepared for bare bones but it still wasn't worth it for a short stay.. Staff on arrival seemed burdened by me checking in.. Other days staff were kind but overall lack luster didn't feel comfortable asking them anything. Not much going on socially.. Cold water in shower have to wait over 5 mins to get warm. Only good thing was that it is one block from the sleep no more production which was handy.

Chelsea Highline Hostel is definitely not the best hostel i stayed in. Even if the room and bathroom was relatively clean, matress was not really confortable and the shower was not great. Moreover the breakfast hardly win the title of breakfast as the food was dry and we didnot enjoy it. But for 1 night it did the job as we didn't sleep under a bridge.

• 10th Jan 2015

There are MICES in the hostel. I had some chocolates in a closed bag, inside my suitcase, that I left opened. When I went to my room, I saw the mice inside my suitcase, eating them. WhenI told the staff about this, their answer was that it was my fault for having food in the room, because there are some signs in the hostel saying that we shouldn-t have food in our rooms... . Always take TOWELS with you. They say they have towels, but it happened to me they ran out of them.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Argentina

breakfast was only available for a short 90 minutes. shd extend that. also, heating was not consistent.

U get what u pay for, a bed and a dirty bathroom.

The place was clean, little bit far from subway and some staff isn't friendly and you have to PAY 15$ if u checked out late after 11.00am even not too long !!!! I stayed a few hostels in NYC and never get paid for checked out late about 15-20mins !!! No more Chelsea hostel !!!

No wifi in the rooms.