Chelsea House Hotel Reviews

No.96 Redcliffe Gardens, Earls Court, London, England

Friendly staff, good location, near to underground. The room was comfortable but the toilet was a little bit too small. But overall it's a good place to spend a night or two for that considerable price.

Didn't feel safe leaving my hotel key on a little board by reception when we went out, it was very accessible to anyone that could just walk in! Twice we came back to two different reception staff who had never seen us before yet we were freely handed our key- all we had to was say a room number! Also "double" bed was 2 singles put together making it pretty uncomfy! Location was very good.

• 21st May 2014

Easy to reach by bus and underground. Clean, nice place for two nights.

The shower head in room 34 was broken

• 1st Jul 2013

Nice place from the outside. Room was absolutely filthy; cobwebs, smelt of wet plaster, and there was a contact lens on top of the tv table! so the room clearly had not been cleaned! Next morning, breakfast room full so was told to come back again. Overpriced and dirty.

• 31st May 2013
  • Scotland

Room was not cleaned for the 4 days stay, only the beds were made. On the last day, towels were not replaced and were left hanging off the wardrobe doors. When we made inquiries about lift to a higher floor, we received a sarcastic remark. Heating was turned off despite very low outdoor temperature and we had to request for a heater. Bathroom lock was broken when we arrived.

First Time hostel world let me down. Staff unavailible and unhelpful. Room and sheet dirty. Bed a a sleeper sofa bed and some boxes with a small lumpy mattress thrown on it. Staff kept disappearing and locking their office. They were no help at all. Hostel world should reevaluate listing this property. Note I found the enterprise hotel just down the street. Much nicer and same price. My opinion, avoid the Chealsea House.

• 2nd Apr 2013
  • Couple, 41+

It was the cheapiest offer in London. Taking that into account, it was expected to be rough round the edges. The Staff was polite but not very communicative. It's located far back at Earls Court. The atmosphere was dark and the lobby was closed after breakfast. Wifi was difficult to access from the room (you had to sit on the stairs).

The room was perfect. We couldn't hear any noise at all from outside. We really appreciated our stay.

Being a Spaniard, I am used to very good value for money, nothing to compare with this.....the breakfast was not one pound worth, we went breakfasting outside, the hotel was being painted and there was smell to paint everywhere, the beds are old and uncomfortable, the good part is clean sheets and a clean bathroom, however, it is best to get up earlier to make sure that there is water enough to shower, because if you take a shower at the same time that other guests, it stops running...

• 1st Mar 2013
  • Spain
  • Couple, 41+

Very kind receptionists and open 24h. 5 min walk from zone 1 tube station. It's an hotel non an Hostel, so you'll meet people only at breakfast. Room are kept very well with new towels and bed every day and the bathroom was shining, I give average rating in cleanliness because I hate moquettes (even if our was clean enough). Breakfast has no bacon and eggs but you'll eat enough with toasts coffe juice and cereals. Free WiFi in the common room and first floor.

Pretty good HOTEL, it's a hotel guys, so you don't share the bathroom, you have tv, a very nice room, everything was excellent

My parents stayed at this hotel and have nothing bad to say about it - fantastic price for what is offered. Will most likely stay again.

Chelsea House was flooded when we arrived, however we were able to see the hotel and therefor are able to make a recommendation as tho the value and location for the money. They were able to re-book us at a sister hotel and pay for our taxi there. The staff was great and accommodating despite the less than ideal circumstances. The atmosphere/decor/cleanliness on the interior could use a bit of work, but for the money it's pretty good!

• 17th May 2012

This was such an adorable little place! I stayed here with my mom during Semana Santa.The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have wifi and a computer you can use down stairs in the dining room. Breakfast was decent, the room was very clean, nothing to complain about. A plus is that it is located about a five minute walk from Earl's Court underground station and from there, it is so easy to get to all of the major sights in the city since it is on the Picadilly, District and Circle lines.

I've passed a very good time here. Using the underground you are in the center of the city in a few minutes. Very good location. Near the hotel theres a street full of restaurants and sites to eat. If I return to London I'm sure I'm going to these hotel again

• 6th Sep 2011
  • Spain

I booked here because of the 24hr reception and my flight got into London late. I arrived at the hotel and the lobby was dark and no one was responding to the doorbell. It wasn't until that I banged on the door that someone, who was passed out sleeping in the reception room, opened it. You only get a key to your room and have to drop it off at reception before you leave the hotel for theday. How are you supposed to get back in if the 24hr reception is sleeping? Oh the toilet didn't flush!

Over all, the stay at the hotel was nice, though it was somewhat inconveinient that you had to pump to get the toilet to flush and that it didn't always flush, though you pumped! Also, the space for breakfast was a bit too small for the guests at the hotel, causing people to stand up and wait for a table, and the sitting people to feel like they had to rush through their breakfast! Other than that, everything was excellent!

• 4th Aug 2011
  • Denmark

Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly. The continental breakfast was good (toast, orange juice, cereal, and tea or coffee). There is no elevator so you will have to carry your luggage up the stairs. The hotel is close to the Earl's Court underground station, which makes it convenient to get around London. This hotel is good value for the price.

no complaints for the price. clean and very good location.