Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

The only thing that is worthy the money you pay for is the location. That's it.

It's a good cheap hostel, rooms are clean but basic and could do with a lick of paint. Shower room again was basic but it gave out hot water so that's all I need. Great outside area with plenty of space with benches/tables to meet people and chill, you can bring your own food and drinks in or use the communal kitchen. Its not far to the subway station. Added bonus was the free pizza on Wednesday night and having a free bagel every morning!

Very clean. Very polite and helpful staff.

• 28th Jun 2015

The old man in front desk is completely uneducated

Had a single room and it was clean and convenient on first floor. V good value for money.

• 27th Jun 2015

The door to my room was really noisy and hard to open/close. Other than that I didn't have any issues staying here. The location is perfect.

• 27th Jun 2015

Cleanliness could definitely be improved.

• 25th Jun 2015

Very good/excellent; I intend to come back and recommend the hostel.

could not figure out how to change channels with remote chained to the wall in the lounge. Only had three channels. Also a washcloth with the towel would be nice.

• 22nd Jun 2015

The location is the best quality of the hostel, really close to Metro Stations/restautants/bars/markets/etc. The breakfast is a little poor, but OK. The commom areas are friendly. The bedrooms are OK, enough for who wants only sleep. The problem is that the wyfy doesn't work outside the commom areas,

• 21st Jun 2015

Absolutely excellent location (walking distance to SoHo, Greenwich Village, Chelsea Market, etc) and wonderful value for the money. Staff were friendly and offered good advice about where to find things and everything was scoured-down clean. Some advice: bring your own soap in a little container. You'll also have a sink in your room even if there's no private bath.

location is very good, breakfast is good as well. some shared bathroom is very small. I would stay there again.

I loved it! It's much more affordable than hotels.. The location is great and is located right in front of an NYPD precinct so I felt super safe! Every street each way is surrounded by fabulous restaurants, coffee shops, yoga studios, and just a couple of blocks from the C train-- which is super convenient. The rooms are barebones... but nobody goes to NYC to stay in their hotel room the entire time. The room I stayed in had a single bed, a sink, a/c, and plenty of storage. Highly recommended!

• 18th Jun 2015

great location some of the desk staff openly disdainful to some guests no common area after 11pm is a downer

• 13th Jun 2015

it is too bad hostel. Staff is very rude and he show racial prejudice to me because of my nationlity. firstle, He didn't accept that I hold my baggage in my room until 11:59am. then I said the check out time (12:00), he got angry to me, and he said something bad about my nationality. and he throwed the keys towards my face. then I got back my baggage and I leaved from there. I suggest that nobody shall go there.

The Chelsea is an amazing find in the heart of Manhattan, a price I still can't believe. Facilities I rank as average only because it is, after all,a hostel, so I didn't expect anything but what is necessary--a comfortable bed, sheets and blanket, lights, sink and a shared shower and toilet on a hall with only 4-5 rooms. Breakfast is pleasant and sufficient. I you need fancier fare, there is plenty very close by. I walked back from up & down town at 11 p.m.--very safely. I would stay again

Nice place to stay. Simple but clean rooms. Great and safe location. Nice common area in the backyard. Breakfast with bagel, fruit, corn flakes, juice and coffee.

The clothes of the bed sheet are old, and looks like dirty. Ventilation requires and upgrade. Maintenance of facilities are in bad conditions.

it would be desirable to improve the cleanliness of rooms and facilities

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Location was everything. I would stay again just for this reason. I was a solo female traveler & felt very safe at the hostel & in this area. There was no atmosphere at the hostel, so if you are looking to make friends, go out to party etc I would look elsewhere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7