Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Excellent stay. The hostel is in a great location. I had a private room with a washbasin in the room and bathroom down the hall. My room and the bathrooms were extremely clean. Would stay here again and recommend to friends.

• 20th Nov 2014

THis is my favorite place. I'm in NY a lot (live in Boston) and I always try to find a bed here. By far the best one of all hostels that offer single rooms.

With this price you are getting exactly what you're expecting. If you're looking for a cheap night sleep in a relatively safe and convenient place to stay, this is a good choice. Metro is only 5 mins walk away and 24 he's check in is very convenient. You're in a city that never sleep so you probably don't want to stay in the room/dome for a long time anyway.

• 15th Nov 2014

No wifi on the roos... that's a pity... Good breakfast Clean rooms, warm, hot water!

• 13th Nov 2014

Always have enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Stayed a couple of times. Staff is super and clean environment. Best location. Highly recommend

• 12th Nov 2014

Price was 5 times what I had just been paying in major European cities for FAR less. The room had a broken, boarded-up window and cockroaches. The building has very narrow hallways, narrow & uneven stairs, and strange shared toilet & shower (one per floor). Maybe every place in NYC is this bad and this poor of a value for the money?

Second time I've been here and it was again a wonderful experience. It was nice to just sit down on a bench and talk with people from different parts of the world.

The bed could have been better. It sagged in the middle.

• 9th Nov 2014

average quality/service/cleanliness excellent position 2 metro stops from Times Square and World trade center The room is very poor

• 8th Nov 2014

They just could improve the internet wireless connection to all place and not just on commun areas.

For the price, I was expecting a little more than just a room with a locker in it. You even have to supply your own padlock. That said, the doors all had decent locks on them and I wasn't worried about anyone getting in. The place was fairly clean, but a bit run down. In desperate need of a lick of paint. Wifi isn't great. Good location. Over all, suited my needs perfectly - just a place to sleep for a couple of nights. If I was staying any longer than 2 nights, I'd look for somewhere else.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Did not worth the price but it is clean

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

I got a little worried before booking after reading some reviews. I am glad I booked it anyway. It's a hostel, it feels like a hostel and it's more than one can wish for. There's rules and they work. Great location, great people. My bed broke and it got changed as soon as I let them know, and it was 10 pm. Free breakfast, pizza night, comedy night...amazing.

The hostel was perfect for me. Simple budget accommodation with all the facilities I need. It was great to be able to afford to have your own room in that area of New York and was very well located. The staff were very helpful and the wifi worked which it often doesn't in other hostels.

Cold shower. Only able to use wifi outside on a tiny porch area. Room is poor no individual charging port or light. Mirrors anywhere except room which means doing makeup in the dark when leaving early.

• 30th Oct 2014

I was a bit hesitant to stay there after reading some reviews here, but I'd definitely stay there again. The location is excellent, the room and the bathroom were clean, and it was not noisy at all. The bed was comfy. The staff were really helpful and kind. The only downside are the lockers because you can't put a big suitcase there.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

For 150usd a night even in NYC you would expect more than just a bed in the room.

• 25th Oct 2014

My stay here exceeded all of my expectations! No issues just beyond impressed! Very clean, safe and comfortable hostel for NYC! I will definitely be back!!! Staff was so wonderful and I loved having my own room to store my belongings during my trip. Can't beat the price! With admiration ~ S

• 25th Oct 2014

Noisy and rooms here were very barren and basic. Beds were uncomfortable. Stayed the next night at New York Budget Hostel and Hotel and there were 2 nice blankets, 2 pillows, carpeted floors, nice mattresses, computers to use, etc. It was also less expensive.

Great location. Fair price. Continental breakfast free. Very quiet and clean.

• 23rd Oct 2014