Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

I stayed here for 1 night, just needed somewhere to stay after a late flight into NY. It did the job - walking distance to penn station, quiet, comfortable bed, well heated, a decent free breakfast and fairly cheap. I'd stay there again for a similar purpose. Didn't seem great on the social side, it was very quiet and the common room closes at about 11pm, but not sure it's that type of hostel.

Actually perfect place for short staying on Manhattan

Nice location! What I didn't like was the plastic plated etc used in kitchen.

the good thing from my visited was the location.

Location is very Good.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Please fix the heating system. We slept with our jackets and socks on, luckily we stayed only two nights

• 15th Feb 2015

Location was great. easy access to two subway lines. Great food within walking distance in all directions.

• 12th Feb 2015

Wonderful neighborhood to stay in and such a great staff! I would definitely stay there again!

• 10th Feb 2015

We thought the Hostel-Staff was nice and very helpful. There is Wifi in the kitchen area, not in the rooms. Good breakfast to stay put till lunch. The rooms are pretty small and we had some kind of heating pipe going through our room so the room was always a bit too warm. The shared bathrooms were small but clean. It has a very good location in the city, Metro just 3 blocks away (5 min). I would stay there again =).

• 9th Feb 2015

Booked a twin private for me and a mate, hostel is in a great location and short walk to subway or Times Square. One thing they could work on is extending there wifi to the bedrooms and not just the common areas. As they close at 11pm Besides that everything was clean and the free breakfast was good. Staff were helpful with any inquiries about the city

I had a good experience there. The staff at reception were friendly and helpful. The only problem i had was that i found the 11pm close time for the common area was too late. My room was right outside the common and I struggled with the noise from the other guests. But apart from that, i was happy with my stay.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

was a good place! good location, near to the subway and you can find attractions like empire state so close! they give a good breakfast!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Venezuela

A lot of sound from the pipes in our room during the night was quite annoying.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Very nice hostel, good for the price and in a relatively good location. The room and bathroom were very clean. I had no problem staying there.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Chile

Great location. Bang in the middle inbetween downtown and uptown. Really quiet too and subway station a stones throw away. The staff know what they are talking about and are very helpful. My only complaint was the wifi. It works in none of the dormrooms at all, or the commonroom/tv room. It only works in kitchen/dining room, another router would not cost a lot and in the modern world we live in things like wifi are necessary.

Room gor one person i got was okay, clean, but radiator was too hot and too noisy, lockers inroom doesnt seem too workand if there wss an air condition I couldnt find it. Breakfast was okax, one bagel, fruit, anf ceareals as much you want. And wedensday there is free pizza. Location is central

We just wanted a place to sleep and take a shower; Chelsea Hostel did not disappoint. Location is beyond fantastic, we did most of our things around the city on foot, but there's a subway station a few blocks from the hostel. Wi-Fi connection was not so great in some areas, but in our bedroom it was actually pretty good. Bedroom and bathroom looked clean. My only issue was the noise starting really early in the morning coming not from the guests, but from the staff of the Hostel! So annoying.

Terrible bed with uneven springs and padding that no longer work. Very flat pillows. Otherwise, the toilet, toilet paper, showers, hot water, basins, cleanliness are quite good. Wifi is only in common area, so it's pretty useless.

Too noisy, cars passing over manhole cover makes noise. Also radioator (or something else which i could not discover) makes noise in every 5 minutes which is the second factor did not let me sleep all night. No wifi at rooms. This is a disaster in year 2015. Poor breakfast. Rooms are warm, free towel is a plus

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Turkey

i totally loved staying at CIH, the front desk staff is extremely helpful. I would like to thank them for helping me finding my stuff that I forgot after I checked out the hostel and left New York City. It was secured with them until I got it picked by the mailman.

• 30th Jan 2015