Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

In the heart of NY but still in a quiet neighbourhood. The rooms are small and plain but very clean. Would definitely go there again.

Fantastic location helpful and friendly staff

The person with who I made the check in was super rude, he had very bad maners, he even threw my credit card several time insted of gave it back to me and was not very accessible when I ask about some questions related about my staying. People in the next room were very loud at night, from 1 to 4 am!! eventhough when they should be quite since 11pm acording to the hostel recomendation. Besides that, everything is good, a bit expensinve, but I gues it is because is NYC and the location is good.

everything was very good

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Very good because is very cheap.

I very much enjoyed my stay, staff were friendly and helpful and I found facilities clean and overall atmosphere friendly. One down point: occasionally it could get loud from the courtyard out the back late at night if people were out there talking; perhaps it would be an idea to enforce the commom area policy of being off-limits after 11pm. Apart from that, excellent stay

• 10th Apr 2014

I'm Mexican it was my first time in a hostel and I loved everything !! I wanna to come back :) I recommended this hostal the staff were awesome the rooms too ... The bathrooms are clean and big , there are hot water , clean towels , warm blankets , and a great location !!! I loved this place

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Pleasant staff in a nice area. Bagel and fruit for breakfast. Will certainly stay again.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Tiny rooms and not particularly cozy, but a good option if you don't want to bankrupt yourself while staying in central Manhattan. If you're staying more than a few nights, an ensuite bathroom is recommended.

Greately appreciate the co-operation of the hostel staff. Eveready to help. Good breakfast. Good facilities. Great location. Only the rooms are small. Overall a very popular site for stay at a central place with good food joints and markets around it.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • India

I stayed in early April 2014 and they were doing construction on the street. The noise was unbearable in the mornings. I suggest avoiding the hostel if the construction is still happening. Otherwise, I like this place and it's location. It's a barebones room. But hey, u get what u pay for. I had a private room which included a sink and closet space. I would definitely stay again because of the cost. If ur willing to spend just a bit more, try the west side ymca.

Not really sure what was going on with the WiFi rules - it couldn't be used in rooms, only the common areas. And those areas close at 11pm, which is inconvenient and kind of defeats the purpose of WiFi. Apart from that, the room was really clean and spacious, the staff were friendly and location was excellent!

I liked the breakfast offer, the bedrooms were very good, very clean, but the only problem were the shower, a fill drops of water when put it in hot mode.

Lots of stairs! The street outside of the room was rather noisy. I found long, dark hairs on my blanket and in the shower and I'm a blonde so I know it wasn't from me. The neighborhood is cute and a little more mellow than other parts of the city where we stayed. I would look elswhere before deciding to stay here again.

This is a really great hostel in a awesome location. Close to everything, but not in the middle of the crowded, expensive tourist area. Will stay again! Only thing that was a bit odd was that there was no hand soap in our bathroom. No biggie though!

• 4th Apr 2014

Lockers are very poor , there isn't enough place to put something and looks dirty.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

Hi, I stayed at the hostel by 8 nights, they didn't change my towel during the whole stay... they should change it every day. The shower at the first floor didn't work well. They don't have WiFi everywhere, just at the common area.

• Argentina

Loved that it was bang in the heart of Chelsea with great proximity to everywhere in the city! Staff was helpful, especially Luciano! I will be back in NY in 3 weeks and this is where I'm staying again.

Clean and great location

• Dhapsoro
  • Indonesia

Great location, police office is a cross the street so there is a constant presence of officers(not that it feels un safe) I stayed in a two bed room, solid bed, good heating, clean rooms, showers scrubbed every day. Lockers in room but you need your own lock(rite aid across the road sells combo locks) The only bummer is that the vibe is dead, not exactly a party place if you're looking for one. On the other side it's perfect if your in NYC to check the place out and relax.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7