Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Two of us occupied a 4 person sweet. Was pleasant but wish we didn't have to pay the full fee for 4 persons. Also bring your passport even if US citizen

• 14th Aug 2014

Great stay! Thanks!

Best location! Best staff (lucien, tim & larry) Best courtyard! great comedyshows w/ free beer! huge free pizza's! Just the best Hostel in New york! almost forgot: best place in USA to make tons of new friends!

The place is not the best ever, but the location is grate for what you pay. Good option to stay a couple of days in NY

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel, good vibe, clean, great location. Just a bit expensive

my 2 man sleeping dorm felt like a prison cell and the entire building created a depressing atmosphere

I really liked that there were no bunk beds in my 4 bed dorm and we had our own bathroom. A toilet in the common area would have been useful for when your room mates were taking up the bathroom for too long. The wifi didn't work in the rooms, only the common area, which was a little frustrating at times but the common area was quite good and nice to hang out in. The staff were always really friendly and helpful with advice about which subway to take. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay.

• 8th Aug 2014

No wifi at night, that's ridiculous.

• 8th Aug 2014

Perfect location and also very good price even though my trip was booked one day in advance. It's worth it!

• 8th Aug 2014

I've been there only for one night, but it was great. Staff was cool, helpful and polite. Atmosphere was great, I'm traveling alone and everybody was kind and willing to share. And Hostel location is amazing. Definitely recommend.

• Argentina

2 bed room. clean, small, adequate. Bathrooms down the hall, very small, but both worked OK. No elevator, room on 3rd floor, very narrow stairway. Generally, a good place for a short stay. Very weak or no WiFi to the room area!

Lots off stairs, small lockers and wifi only in common area. Bathroom doesn't have a sink, so you have to go to your room to clean your hands, it makes you think about how filthy all the door knobs must be. Otherwise its clean and beds are fine.

It was hard for me to rate this hostel because my european hostel standards get in the way. This is no euro hostel, this is NYC and the facilities are obviously run down and amenities lacking but location is excellent, there werent any bugs i could see or feel and the price was competitive

It's all good except the wifi is only in common area, which close after 11pm.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • China

we should have accsess a Wi-fi at the front rooms.

• 4th Aug 2014

We had a nice stay, good location, good staff and breakfast is always a plus. Be prepared because taxes are 14% but as we were told, this goes for every hotel service.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mexico

The staff could have been more friendly. Breakfast was not really good: One bagel, butter, jam, either apple or orange, tea and coffee, cornflakes, milk. Moreover it was served from 8 till10 which is quite late when you want to go sightseeing, so 7 would be better! You couldn´t use the locker with a steel caple lock. The bathroom had no shelves for your things to put on. The common areas are closed at 11 pm which means that you must either go to bed or go out.

We met some great people on the hostel, the staff was kind to us and we loved the location. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Ecuador

Great Clean the only thing that did soil my stay was a foul odor of one of the male in my room. I have never come across anyone's clothes that did smell so so bad. Please all respect the person or person's in your room buy washing your own clothes and keep personal hygiene a priority when traveling. It is a lack of respect for yourself and others.

just a very good place to stay, great location near a subway station that makes access to much of New York very easy. good palce, quiet, small room but plenty of hot water

• 29th Jul 2014