Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

The staff were professional, courteous and consistent their duties! I'm definitely coming back to stay given chance! Thank you for everything! 😊

• 24th Jul 2015

Great place to stay. Clean,great location, very friendly staff. Prices are Excellent .

• 23rd Jul 2015

This was a wonderful, and more affordable, way to visit NYC. The location was perfect, and the two-bed dorms were fantastic.

• 23rd Jul 2015

This hostel was in a great location. This was my very first hostel experience and it was an ok one. No terrible experiences. These were decent facilities, nothing fancy but not deteiorated. Overall decent place to stay. No complaints.

• 22nd Jul 2015

I stayed at Chelsea international with my best friend, I'm 19 and he's 18. We both thought it was awesome. The fact that the wifi was only available in the common area sounds very bad and we did think it sounded pretty annoying, but it gave us the opportunity to get to know people and also see NYC at night Location is perfect everything is walking distance. If you have your own locks there are lockers in the rooms.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The description for our room was very misleading, '2 bed with private bath' was actually a room with a basin, and a shared bathroom in hall. Another thing that really annoyed us was the wifi only being in the courtyard, private calls were impossible and bad connections meant yelling into the phone. Courtyard closed at 10pm which was a nuisance!. Staff were snooty and not welcoming at all, and it certainly was a chore for them to give us some fresh towels considering we payed an awful lot to stay

This is a decent hostel, very centrally located in Manhattan. It's a little pricey for what it is, and the rooms could do with updating, but it's also clean, safe and fairly quiet, so I'm not sure you can get much more for your money in such a central location.

Great neighborhood! Near to subway which makes getting anywhere extremely easy. We went to a neighborhood bar called Flight 151 and it was a great dive bar, we stayed all night on a Wednesday night! The hostel was clean, beds weren't great, free pizza on Wednesdays, free bagel and piece of fruit for breakfast. Common area is closed by 10 so not a great place for partying.

Hostel was simple and basic but everything we needed. Location was good, we walked to a lot of places, and a subway stop was close by. Breakfast was good and very filling, a bagel and piece of fruit each, and then unlimited tea, coffee, juice, and cereal. We got free pizza on Wednesday night which was delicious, there was a lot and not many people seemed to be eating it! The breakfast staff didn't speak much English and it was hard to communicate but the reception staff were very friendly.

• 14th Jul 2015

I really liked this hostel. I've stayed there in two different occasions and both were pretty good! Close to the 23rd st subway. You have your own bedroom and front door key. Very safe. I stayed in a 2 bedroom and the bathroom outside was always available and clean. Kitchen with main utilities: fridge, microwave. You can save a lot using it. Staff was polite and professional. David is an excellent person! Very attentive and helpful even at 3am! I definitely recommend and would gladly be back.

• 13th Jul 2015

Great hostel. Room was good, fast wifi, good location.

It's no the nicest of hostels but second to none for location - not too close to the busy areas of central Manhattan but only 20 blocks away from all the action. I have stayed here now three times and yet to be dissapointed. Free daily breakfast and pizza night once a week is a great touch too

• 13th Jul 2015

It was a very good location for the money but the bathroom was dirty and washer room had mold everywhere and tiny. I had to use another bathroom downstairs from room which means exposing myself to people walking by outside.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great location, good shower, ok rooms. Internet availability is really bad, it just works in a commune area outside (if is raining impossible to have Internet).

This hostel is a good choice if your not picky with facilities etc. Chelsea is a great location because it's quite close to Manhattan hot spots. The rooms are small but do the trick, I booked only 2 months before my trip so this was my only option in terms of locations and price but I was quite happy in the end.

Great location. Great value. Feel safe. But, there was no soap in the bathroom, which made me a bit uneasy concerning germs. Just one last thing to note, the free "Continental" breakfast. But that just meant one bagel and one piece of fruit per person. The only continental about the breakfast was the unlimited coffee, tea and cereal. All in all, I had a decent stay, but I will bring soap with me next time.

여름 1주일간 숙박하였다. 이런 시설, 서비스를 제공하면서 가격이 너무 비싼게 아닌가 싶었다.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Great location... Very safe area. Staff were amazing and helpful in every way, pointing you in the right direct for all the best things to do. However wifi was only available in the court yard area which closed at 10pm which made it hard to plan things for the next day after coming home from Broadway shows etc.. Also the air conditioning unit in our room sounded more like a diesel engine... Shows were also tiny but did the job.

This was my 2nd stay in this hostel and I will definitely be back. It is in a great location, staff is helpful and friendly, you get complimentary continental breakfast, it is fresh every morning and everything is cleaned every day. Toilets and bathroom are spotless. The kitchen detto. Three doors down,there is a police station, so security is guaranteed. Even around the hostel there are cameras, so you feel secured. I highly recommend this hostel. Keep up a good work, guys at CHIH.

The only thing that is worthy the money you pay for is the location. That's it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7