Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Really enjoyed our 2nd stay at the hostel. It keeps getting beter and better each time we go.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very bad. I don't recomend it. You only have wifi in the common areas and my room was single. Very small

Would be great with allnight wifi possibly from rooms but overall great.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Some of the staff were very rude to me on several occasions. The person checking me in was talking on the phone to someone else while doing so and as a result was very short with me and did not tell me important things like they're being a key to access the courtyard where my room was after a certain hour. When I came back late one night and asked the check-in window for help because I didn't know how to get in, a (different) person spoke to me like I was a complete idiot for not knowing.

Not that good for the price. Room very old. looks like a prison. No internet in the room.... Won't come back.

• 20th Aug 2014

The size of the room was fine and the bed was comfortable aswell. It also had air conditioning and heating. We had our own bathroom but it was pretty small, sinks were small too and the jet of water wasn't very strong either. Nevertheless, the breakfast was okay (1 Bagel, 1 Fruit, Cereal, Coffee and Orange Juice)and the public areas were great to meet new people. The best thing about the hostel was the position in beautiful Chelsea, with the subway only a few minutes from Midtown Manhattan!

• 19th Aug 2014

Really poor atmosphere, not helped by the other common area being the only place you can get WiFi so everyone is on their phone etc. Pretty poor facilities -I stayed in a budget hotel 3 streets away for the same price (single room) and got a much bigger room with tv and safe for the same same money. Location is great and the breakfast is good.

The location is great, safe, and clean. The staff was helpful but not very friendly.

• 18th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel, it was a really good stay. The only thing that could be better is wifi in the rooms. Currently it is only in the common area and doesnt have a good connection. Great location, informative staff.

• 18th Aug 2014

Had a great stay! Wonderful walking distance to practically everywhere. Very clean and safe and we loved the ability to store our luggage before and after checking times!

• 17th Aug 2014

Very expensive here. I booked NYC late so I had to stay here. The location is great, the staff are great. There's a connecting subway station nearby. The shower was a bit weak and the computers were very slow. Overall this is a fine hostel, but my advise would be to book NYC early

Comfortable beds. Easy 25 min walk to Times Square, simple navigation to subways. Wifi rarely reaches bedrooms. But on the odd occasion when it does, you have to be at the front of the room. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a baegle, fruit, cereal, coffee - which was good & satisfying.

• 16th Aug 2014

Not cheap but this is New York, so as good as it's gonna get! Room was as basic as it gets and had a distinctive jailcell feel to it! A cheap framed picture or painting on the wall and some brighter colours wouldn't cost much and would improve the feel of the rooms. But ultimately I was only ever gonna sleep in the room so it wasn't really a problem. Only real downside was the wifi being turned off at 11pm. I mean, really?

Two of us occupied a 4 person sweet. Was pleasant but wish we didn't have to pay the full fee for 4 persons. Also bring your passport even if US citizen

• 14th Aug 2014

Great stay! Thanks!

Best location! Best staff (lucien, tim & larry) Best courtyard! great comedyshows w/ free beer! huge free pizza's! Just the best Hostel in New york! almost forgot: best place in USA to make tons of new friends!

I had a fairly pleasant stay at Chelsea Internaional Hostel. Most of the staff were very helpful and kind. The location is absolutely superb and I never felt threatend walking around the area day/night. My room was small and not very modern. The bed was okay and I had a sink which was nice. I couldn't open the window (there was a note telling the window would break if I did) so it was quite hot. The breakfast was average and the wifi only accessable from the common area.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

The place is not the best ever, but the location is grate for what you pay. Good option to stay a couple of days in NY

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel, good vibe, clean, great location. Just a bit expensive

my 2 man sleeping dorm felt like a prison cell and the entire building created a depressing atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7