Chelsea International Hostel

Very Good 5401 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
12th Apr 2017
7.7

Amazing location and great neighbourhood! Very quiet and not too much going on but still the location was amazing and staff very nice! It's a little bit loud at nice so bring ear plugs but that can be expected in New York!

12th Apr 2017

Such an amazing location! In chelsea, steps away from two different subway lines, it's the perfect place for getting anywhere in New York city. The building is a charming chelsea walk-up. The rooms are quite small, but clean and relatively comfortable. And the staff at the front desk are great.

• abbie_jewell8931
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
9th Apr 2017

Location is outstanding, right in the heart of Chelsea with lots of great bars, restaurants and convenience shops. A 5min walk to 18th St Subway station. Staff are lovely and friendly and my room was clean and secure; I even got a free upgrade to my own private room free of charge. The only negative was that being an old building the walls are quite thin so it was hard to block out the noise. Perhaps just purchase some ear plugs

9th Apr 2017
8.0

I had a private room for two, it was right near the main entrance of the building on the first floor and face the street, so it was noisy when people talking outside and door shuts very loud at the entrance, guests dragging suitcases up the stairs, I thought I paid more for a quiet private back room than a noisy front room. Other than that, the location was great and fairly clean.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Apr 2017

OVerall great place - was a wee bit chilly in the rooms but they supplied extra blankets if needed. The only thing that was annoying was that the cleaning lady came into the room at 10, 2 hours before check out to clean the other two beds of the girls who had already left. She turned on the lights and was not quite - both of us were still sleeping, which was a tad bit rude and annoying. Over all though, great place!

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
5.1

The atmosphere in this hostel is not good. I mean everything was clean, but furniture, bathrooms and so on are very worn-out. Plus we had cockroaches in our room - horrible ! The staff gave us a spray and then we had to take care of them ourselves. There was also some confusion because they added taxes after the booking process. And their free Wi-Fi is absolutely slow. We paid an extra 50$/week for fast internet.

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2017

Great hostel and great location!

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017
7.7

Cockroaches in room, WiFi very slow. For fast WiFi must be payed. Baggage lockers must be payed (3-5$ for 24h)

• China, Female, 25-30
1st Apr 2017
2.3

Such a nightmare!!! I made 2 nights of single room bookings. I got a room that was on the entrance floor, right next to the door, and the window was right on the street. So the 1 night of stay, I could hear people slapped the building's door every 2 mins, and cars on the street made so much noise! I couldn't sleep for 1 min, I complained to the staff for changing my room, he said this is NYC, all the room are full, such horrible customer service!!I left after the 1st night, never go back again!!

• Latvia, Female, 41+
1st Apr 2017
7.7

I was very satisfied with my this hostel - excellent location, a room with a window, breakfest included. Very good value for the money paid.