Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

I had booked a single en suite room for myself and it was on 3rd floor the stairs were really steep and no lift or help to get my large bags up, it was so hard. The room was like a prison cell no feel to it or even a picture on the wall. no air-con in room as told would be. They have nowhere to store luggage except for PAYED lockers so even if your checking out that day you have to pay for full day!!

- A big thanks to the staff. - Very secure lockers and really handy - Clean room - very cosy outside place to have conversations with other internationals. Keep going like this, it was a awesome stay!

Hotel was fine, location excellent. However the ac was removed from our room during our stay because it was the end off summer,but we were still using it. Also the toilet was not properly cleaned. However if you want a cheap stay in Manhattan it's quite good.

• 21st Sep 2014

The guy who checked me in was very rudee. I'd come off a long flight and was very tired and that's the least you want to deal with when arriving at a place you wish to sleep. Ruins the mood.

• 21st Sep 2014

The Hostel is very nice. But they have removed the ac, so I couldn't sleep, because the room was too hot. I talked to the staff and he was not nice talking, he said the summer was over, talking hard, and told me to open the window. I opened the window and was still hot. So I was not happy in the other day, because was two days without sleeping. Just the oldest guy with white hair was not nice, but all the people who works there are very nice.

• 20th Sep 2014

The matresses where fine but the metal beads where awfull. We had to put the matresses on the floor in order to be straight otherwise we were sleaping in a curb.

• 18th Sep 2014

I stayed here in 2004 and came back in 2014 and it Really needs remodeling and a facelift. Boring institutional feeling to the place ,great location.

Location is xcellent, couldnt be better. Room and common areas were very quiet. Will def stay there again

Booked a single room, it was clean; shower room and toilet were always clean too. Couldn't have most of the breakfast food because I'm on a gluten/yeast/dairy free diet but can't complain, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Location is excellent, you are close to several subway stations. If your room is in the front of the building, bring some ear plugs with you: remember you are in the city that never sleeps and local streets can be very noisy at nights. I would definitely go back again.

The location is fine and so does the single bed room. restroom and shower are located in small rooms so it's a bit tricky to have a recovering shower. If the price was 30% or more cheaper, I would rate all excelent

• 11th Sep 2014

-No wi-fi at the rooms -Bad quality of bed -Doors like paper, without even basic locking at all-Non responsibility in case of burglaring. -15 o clock check in or you pay a locker which if it is going to be burglarized, hostels still do not have any responsibility.(they assure sth silly like 30 dollars maximum) ,meaning that if you have a laptop,you just should not have it. -poor breakfast but ok -I feel that I f I had paid 35-40 dollars per day I would be happy, but know I am not.

• Greece

Rooms and bathrooms very clean . Too expensive for a hostel ( no similarities to European hostels!) but it's because the great location . Easy to find . New york is overestimated and prices are so high !

• Greece

The room was a good size for a double room, after the reviews i was expecting a shoes box. It could have some hangers for towels or something like that. Staff wasn't friendly, most of them colombian/mexican, spanish speakers.. would not say anything when you walk past them. which is not really a problem. wi-fi, you should really get that sorted.. its really annoying having to walk into common areas...

Definitely a good place to stay in the center of NYC, nice to recognize the organised events like comedy evening or free-pizza-dinner

I wish they had pad locks for guests; no wi fi service in rooms, only outside! breakfast could get better with some cheese and vegtables.

It was so cool . Stuff are so friendly . Price and location are excellent .

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Good : the location. Bad : dirty. There were cockroaches every nights in the room. This is just disgusting. And the fact there is just the wifi in the common area (I stayed in the building next to the main one), which closes at 11pm. So you can't have access to the internet on nights. The breakfast was poor.

• 7th Sep 2014

Came across several cockroaches in the bedroom and bathroom. Otherwise a decent place to stay, bit overpriced for what you get.

• 7th Sep 2014

The rooms are old and could be spruced up a bit. I've been traveling throughout Europe and the US with in nicer hostels. They could at least put a framed pictured on our dorm wall.

• 6th Sep 2014

Be careful the Wi-Fi is just available for a small part of this hostel. So bad news...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7