7.9
Very Good 4,457 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 4,457 Total Reviews
Chelsea International Hostel Located at 251 West 20th Street, , New York.
USA
New York NY 10011 251 West 20th Street
79% 4457
40.7431765 -73.9990353
    Rooms available

• Taiwan, Male, 18-24
29th Apr 2016

I'd say this hostel was what I was looking for - cheap, clean, and centrally located. The subways were a 5-10 minute away , so not too far. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay I'd say stay here for sure.

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
28th Apr 2016
7.7

Good evening, I would say that my stay was very quiet. I hired an individual fit and was almost everything as expected. I thought I would use the internet hostel inside my room, which was not possible, only the kitchen we had access. The cafe in the morning is quite simple, however organized. In the more I was very pleased and I look forward to using the services soon. Thank you.

28th Apr 2016
6.3

the location of the hostel is amazing, close to basically everything. The facilities and the vibe are okay, you spend most of the time anyways in the city. The only bad thing to mention is the super grumpy, unhelpful and unfriendly old guy with the mustache. His dictionary lacks the word "empathy" and most probably he hates his job, and would rather fit a ranch in texas or somewhere in the southern countryside. He can't handle people, maybe cows would be easier for him.

• Greece, Female, 18-24
27th Apr 2016
5.1

The hostel is centrally located with a tube station a close proximity (4min walk). There was no elevator- I had to climb up the narrow stairs with my luggage till the 2nd floor. The place is not secure at all!! Reception and rooms are in different buildings- the doors are not secure cause the lockers seem like toys. The room was cold and the curtains did not close. Breakfast is basic, feels like prison's. Its always so noise due to the garden in the back- people talk and scream. Not recommend!!

• Russia, Female, 31-40
23rd Apr 2016

Amazing location, friendly staff, clean rooms and overall great atmosphere. The best hostel you can find in Manhattan for this money. Breakfast could have been better, but that's really not important

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

overall really enjoyed this place. loved the location, many places for lunch, dinner and decent nightlife. the hostel in itself is very spacious, we were given 4 twin beds in a room with a bathroom - not much more you could ask for but definitely got our money's worth.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Nice location, just 10-15 min walk from penn station. safe area and close to most of the main attraction

• USA, Female, 41+
15th Apr 2016

It was convenient, extremely CLEAN, quiet, and your customer service was excellent!!! I got a good night's sleep and only had to walk 3 blocks to return to my Saturday Natural Gourmet Institute's chef's training class. I was VERY appreciative of my monetary value. I would have had to pay at least TWICE that much!! I plan on using your service again soon!! I LOVE you guys!! Thanks for everything!!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2016

Our stay at the Chelsea International Hostel was amazing! All the staff were lovely and the rooms were great. We got home every night to a wonderful warm room and comfy bed! Breakfast was great and sitting in the sun with a bagel, coffee and fruit chatting to other travelers was a highlight of my day. However with two school groups there with us it was hectic. I had to yell at them to clean up after themselves at one point. Perhaps less school groups would make it better for everyone else.

• Russia, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2016
6.3

Hostel is fine,location is good, free WiFi and breakfast included are advantages. Two nights slept on terrible matrass,but after my complain it was immediately changed. Once had free pizza. The hugest disadvantage is noise,you can hear everything,especially plumber who comes every day early in the morning to check the shower!!!!