Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

My third time here. Basic, good value, great location, clean.

• 5th Feb 2016

Very convenient little place

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Guatemala

The hostel is close to the city centre and to the subway. The accomodation and the breakfast were correct for a proper price. The room was clean, but the first day we found two cockroachs, however we didn't find any of that on the following days.It is advisable to bring earplugs because the residents are loud at nights. Our other problem was the wifi, because it was only available in the common area. This accomodation will be suitable for you, if you want to spend your days with sightseeing.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Hungary

this has to be one of the great values in NYC for hotels/hostels. Extremely convenient location and breakfast is included in the room cost.

Great location, Chelsea is a quaint area and very well connected as several underground lines are close by. Staff was lovely, the rooms were clean and warm, which was great considering this was just after the blizzard - they definitley do not skimp on the heating.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Austria

I had a great stay, nice and clean and quiet hostel (at this age I appreciate a good night sleep :D ). Felt almost like I was living in my own apartment.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Finland

I review 3 nights in a private room/shared bathroom. Location was key, the reason for my booking here. Buildings old, paint peeling, pipes rusty. Radiator on full blast, no way of turning it down, slept with window open (in January). Walls/windows are thin, traffic noise is huge all night, woke up every hour. Bathroom may be cleaned, but so old you can not tell. Daytime staff professional, evening guy brusque. Wifi only in common area in another building. Cheap hotel, rather than a hostel.

Continental breakfast served in the same manner as a prison. Pass your ticket through a window, receive one stale bagel and one piece of fruit. Tripped on various staircase stairs because the tile/linoleum is broken/loose. I'm not sure if this was only specific to my floor (confirmed verbally with the people in the adjacent room) but the hot water service seems to end at 10-11pm. Never was a fan of cold showers in winter to be honest.

We stayed at Chelsea International from Jan 24 to Feb 3. We spent great time and enjoyed the city. Thanks again to Luciano and his team. Excellent job, they overcame our expetation!

• 23rd Jan 2016

I was very surprised by the comfort and cleanliness of the room and shared bathrooms. If you are on your own its a good bang for your buck. Room was nice and warm too. Only drawback was the fact that we were asked to leave a $10 deposit for our keys and the next day at check out they claimed it wasn't registered anywhere and didn't want to return out money. Luckily I kept the receipt where they had it handritten. After a little resistance they agreed to return our 10 bucks.

Wasn't able to sleep at night due to air in the radiator. I couldn't believe that they never fixed that, before a new guest tried to spend a night in the room.

• 19th Jan 2016

I got a single room and it was very good, clean and confortable.

• 19th Jan 2016

Nice budget rooms in an amazing location (right off 8th St near the High Line). Busy, but really nice staff as well!

Excellent location - easy walk to Times Square, Penn station, Central Park. Had a 2 bed mixed dorm with 1 clean bathroom on our floor. Quiet except for backpackers coming and going. Bagel and cereal and coffee for breakfast. Good stay. Would recommend and would stay again.

excellent economical place to stay - quiet and clean.

• 14th Jan 2016

Good location and price

Very dirty toilet and the room smells so bad from the wall that I couldn't sleep well. At first I even doubted if I've put something rotten in my backpack

Good enough place for Chelsea location. Super accommodating front desk fellow. Can be cold in winter if you don't gave a bed near the radiator.

I only spent one night there, but the staff was really kind and helpful. The room was nice, but i think that it was a hot there, and the lockers in the room can´t store a medium bag, but thats okay beacuse you can put all your values there and keep the bag with your clothes under the bed.

Shower too older no shelves hot pipe could melt stuff hanging. All facilities need renovation.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7