Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

The Chelsea Hostel is exceptional value for the money .. Central location in a hip vibrant neighbourhood ... Easy acces to subway transit ..: perfect for travellers that want to SEE the city NOT stay inside a room !!! Lots of fun excited international travellers to chat with .. Decant coffee

• 15th Oct 2014

The location of the hostel is great. You can walk in 15 min to the Times Square and from there to other near located attractions. WiFi only in the common area, not in the rooms. Stuff is friendly and helpful if you ask, but they don't explain anything when you arrive. Breakfast is included, and I could join a comedy event for free. So for my needs it was good.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff was friendly, accommodation was acceptable, it was clean. Couldn't really ask for much more. Only drawback was leaving the luggage in hallway when I was out for a few. Otherwise, all was well!

• 13th Oct 2014

Solid stay as usual...perfect location that is easy to get around. A good, basic place to stay if you want to spend your time & money on other things in the city. Always happy to come back here;0)

We stayed in the room near the road on the first floor. It was very noisy, so I could not sleep well.

トイレバス共用のシングルルームに2連汨しましたが、南京虫(Bed Bug)にいっぱい噛まれました… それ以外は物価の高いNYでは大変助かりました。立地も便利です。

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Japan

Very friendly staff ! Room was clean but plain. Overall a good location 3 blocks from the C, E line.

I personally believe that the hostel is OK. I actually had a 2 bed dorm. However, I guess that its staff still need to learn how to communicate with people. They have to be more professional and not arrogant or getting upset easily.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Romania

I had a private room with twin bed and sink on a floor with six other small bedrooms; all shared a single toilet and single shower. There was considerable street noise, but the room itself was quieter with the window closed, particularly with my ear plugs. I wish there had been a screen on the window. If I hadn't read a review on TripAdvisor, I wouldn't have know to bring my U.S. passport. Need to make sure that it clearer in all ads and info.

After reading the reviews, I expected a sterile histel, which was true. What I did not expect was the horrible beds. Mine sunk in the center and I had to use my pillow to fill in the hole in order to sleep. I've stayed in many other nyc hostels that were cheaper but further from what I was interested. With the awesome subway system I'll stay further uptown next time

Felt like you were staying in a prison rather than a hostel.

• 8th Oct 2014

All in all a pretty good place to stay. 3 blocks from a subway station in a nice neighborhood with plenty of decent places to eat. The breakfast is only ok but not terrible. Not many places to hang out and meet people (common rooms are pretty small and somewhat isolated). The rooms were clean but didn't have nearly enough outlets.

Regular Hostel on a pretty good location, the staff guy on the afternoon is quite rude. There is a police station right across the street so it is pretty safe. Not particularly well cleaned. A little bit expensive for what you get but all hostels on Manhattan are expensive. I met great people on the room and on the common areas.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is clean and has good location. The rooms are big, but the bed was very small. The staff is not nice, they don´t help in anything and normally has a bad attitude.

Need more hooks in the room and a soap tray in the shower.

• 1st Oct 2014

Really bad is that there is no wi-fi internet in rooms - only on common areas.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

I had booked a single en suite room for myself and it was on 3rd floor the stairs were really steep and no lift or help to get my large bags up, it was so hard. The room was like a prison cell no feel to it or even a picture on the wall. no air-con in room as told would be. They have nowhere to store luggage except for PAYED lockers so even if your checking out that day you have to pay for full day!!

- A big thanks to the staff. - Very secure lockers and really handy - Clean room - very cosy outside place to have conversations with other internationals. Keep going like this, it was a awesome stay!

This was a good deal for what it was. The room was tiny but the building felt safe, was fairly clean, and pretty quiet all things considered. Staff were very friendly and helpful; breakfast was decent, and the location was good--right near subway stations and buses that could take us pretty much anywhere we needed to go in good time. Having the street market happen right outside on the weekend was great, and there's some great bakeries within walking distance.

We stayed in Chelsea International hostel for two nights while visiting New York. The staff member we met on check-in were friendly and helpful. Our room was basic but clean. We stayed in a private room with ensuite. However everytime we returned to our room we had to fiddle with the door to unlock it. it was very annoying and I went to the office about it but the handyman just came and opened the door and left? We still had this problem throughout our stay. A little annoying after a long day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7