Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

This was a great place to stay, I couldn't complain.

• 29th Aug 2015

The best on this hostel was the location. Staff seems to be not very interested to work, with exception of reception desk. Bathroom was bad cleaned. Bathrooms and restrooms are without any windows/ventilations, so the smell goes into the corridor. It was not possible to open window in my room and the air-condition was very loud. Breakfast is joke and breakfastroom very small for so many persons. In general low standard in comparison with europeans hostels.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

I stayed there for 2 nights. All that is needed is provided for, very pragmatic. Everyone is efficient, particularly the lady who keeps the breakfast table organized and clean. A good choice to offer bagels and fruits for breakfast. I did not have the opportunity to taste the pizza which is being offered free of charge. The open entrance to the stairway is an open invitation to those who don't belong -- even though the police station is across the street.

• 28th Aug 2015

Good for my length of stay (three nights), bad beds though.

• New Zealand

I loved this place! I thought it was an amazing deal for the location! I have to say I was worried the room would be awful since we got a private room with private bathroom for 100$ a night but it was actually a really large, clean room with plenty of storage! I would stay here again!

Great location

Location was good, few blocks to Time Square, Starbucks nearby. Staff was very busy and not helpful. Check in is very late...we asked ourselves what they do during that time, because the room was not clean, bed sheets had stains and so on. Storage in locker is 5$, but you have to pay again if you forgot sth and open it once more. Came in later that night and credit card machine was broken. After asking if we could pay in the morning, get yelled at...very rude and scary! Next ATM 3 blocks away.

• 27th Aug 2015

Overall very pleased with the experience staying at the Chelsea International Hostel! Great location that's close to subway and the High Line park (went there running in the morning, was amazing!), good value for money - the private room wasn't very expensive and though the restroom & shower weren't in the room, a sink was and it was a pleasant surprise as I didn't have to go anywhere to wash my hands or brush my teeth etc. Breakfast was okay, again - didn't expect that so it was a nice surprise

Great location and easy to check into. My room was clean and easy to find and I felt very safe. Toilets, sinks, and showers could be improved but given that it's NYC and there is very little space, it really wasn't too much of a problem.

• 24th Aug 2015

Didn't enjoy my stay there. You can't use the wifi after 11 pm because common area is closed which is totally unacceptable. Staff is mostly okay, but some of them are rude. Would never go back again.

The staff was very rude and impatient when I checked in, and the air-conditioner in the room is very, very loud.

This is the fourth time we've stayed at the Chelsea and look forward to going back. When we're in NYC, this is our home away from home!

• 21st Aug 2015

One staff member exceptionally friendly and helpful upon check in, but another very rude when the internet went down. Overall good facilities and nice courtyard/common area, but unhelpful these (and the internet) can only be accessed until 11pm.

• 21st Aug 2015

very small room. Only bed in room, nothing else: no table, not a single chair. No wi-fi in room, only in common area.

The shower was very cold and did not warm up until water had been running for nearly 20 minutes.

• 20th Aug 2015

for new a york a very good place to stay.

Hostel lacked any public sinks. Only one sink in room with no hand soap. Wifi barely worked, even in common area. Breakfast was ok until we sat down in the dining area and saw a dead cockroach under our feet. I would recommend looking for another hostel for those looking for places to stay in NYC. I've stayed at many hostels, this one was theost disappointing...

Roaches in the kitchen area. Early morning of first stay, there was a rat walking across the courtyard area.

I did not like the fact that the kitchen is all the way in the basement.

• 17th Aug 2015

I had a wonderful experience. From staff, to room, my roomy, other guests... Everyone was very friendly. Moreover, its near to Times Square, so it was the best location and ressonable too.

• 17th Aug 2015