Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Pros: Clean hostel, good location close to the subway and attractions, breakfast included, cost is reasonable Cons: Whilst the hostel is clean and they constantly clean it, it could do with a renovation. The bedroom I was staying in had seen better days and could have used some work on it. Also, I cannot stress this enough - hostels should provide soap for use. Luckily i brought my own based on past experience. Overall, I'd say it is value for money if you are after somewhere cheap.

A very nice hostel in a perfect location. A walk away from Time square and the empire state building. Near the the bus station so very easy to find once you arrive in NYC. The subway and many little places to eat are near by which makes it easy to see new york and also to get feed your hunger.

• 6th Mar 2014

We had a nice private room, but it could have used a bedside lamp and table, and could have used some more heat. The breakfast area was very crowded, although in warmer weather there are tables outside. The lower Manhattan Chelsea location was minutes away from everything we wanted to do. If u r going to visit NYC, this is the hostel you should book!

The hostel has small cottages at the back. I stayed in one of these (a four bed dorm room) with strangers. It was nice to have a hostel room with an attached bathroom. However, the water was difficult to keep at a comfortable temperature (too hot!). I appreciated that the hostel had lockers, a stove, and a fridge. I was disappointed that the cooking area closes between 11pm and 7am. Whenever I left for yoga class before 7am, I was not able to get my pre-made breakfast out of the fridge.

• 2nd Mar 2014

I loved this place. I am a simple guy - no frills - and this place was ideal. Great location, simple accommodation, fair price. I'm hooked.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »