Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

I found the hostel very clean. Everyone working there have a great service attitude but one of the clerks who is very annoying. Breakfast is just fine, bagel and fruit.

Very basic but nice and clean. Staff were helpfull.

• 13th Oct 2013

This place was great! Great location and great deal, we would definitely stay there again!

• 12th Oct 2013

For a low budget option to rest your head at night, this hostel is ideal! It's very close to subway lines and lots of places to go our and eat in Chelsea. I don't stay at the hostels much, rather go out in the cities so this is exactly what I needed!

I had booked a private double room for myself and my parter for 4 nights, for the price we paid (but baring in mind everything is so expensive in NYC to stay at!) I was disappointed... Didn't really sleep for the 4 nights we were there. We were given a room at street level and the noise outside was unbearable! The hostel is also across from a police station :( wouldn't stay here again

• 11th Oct 2013

Chelsea International hostel had everything I was looking for in New York: A bed in a good location, but little more. OK shower, everything appeared clean enough, friendly staff. Still, the room looked like a (clean and well equipped) prison cell.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

Wildly expensive by hostel standards, but hey -- it's in New York. Location is splendid, and still cosy and quiet.

free breakfast was excellent as were the individual beds rather than bunks

My only complaint is that they lock the common areas at 11pm. If you get back later than that there is nowhere to sit. Others than that the room was good, a shelf or side table would help.it's clean and a great location. Staff was very helpful.

best aspect was location and that you have a shared bathroom with only members of your room. reasonably clean with helpful staff. only bad thing was lack of events - tours as well as a sense that most people were older (which is fine for some). not really a party hostel i guess. keys were a bit dodgy in locks - not great for getting home late and wanting to enter room quietly. great location!

Staff was pretty awesome, one guy in particular (the weekday desk man) was above and beyond great, it's my third stay there and I'd stay there again, thanks

It's a kind of a hostel where you just feel good. It's well clean and organised. I love it

I found this place a little depressing. The beds were pretty old, the rooms small or dark. You pay 5 dollars!!! to leave you backpack in a locker if you arrive before the checking. It's ridiculous if you come form any other hostel whose check out is at 11 am, if not 10 am! I usually don't pay much attention to the security system, but I found this one pretty odd, with an open door just on the street at night, being able only to keep my bedroom door locked.

A pretty good hostel, but not special. I had a private room that had an ancient (read uncomfortable) bed and the room felt pretty run down.

I really enjoyed my stay there and I will be back sometime next visit to NYC.

• 5th Oct 2013

the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The guy in charge of the reception was very pleasant, and the room was decent. Not a place to hang out during the day, but the location was great and it's come and go as you please since there's no curfew. Stayed for four nights, would stay again.

This hostel is in an amazing location! Close to restaurants, shopping, walking or subway distance to anywhere In the city. The other people staying at the hostel were very friendly, I felt safe and had fun. It is good value for your money for Manhattan but you would be crazy to pay this much anywhere else. It is not clean and the facilities are in bad shape but if you are looking for a great location in manhattan I recommend it!

• 30th Sep 2013

The hostel was fine. No frills whatsoever but it was clean which is the main thing. Great location in Chelsea, easy find and close to subway. Front desk staff leave a lot to be desired though. Monosyllabic, gave out bare minimum information - if they acknowledged your existence at all. I had to wait to check in as the 2 who were on duty were watching TV and had to wait til they were ready - not great but didn't affect my stay massively.

Good location, very poor staff and not really the place you want to stay in NYC! Facility was okay but the beds were not.