Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

The service was excellent. I left a very small sentimental item behind and they found it and mailed it back to me. I will be returning!

• 5th Jun 2015

Quality accommodation for the price corresponds. It is probably the best option on the Wail Manhattan location, everywhere was allowed to walk - 30 min Times Square, Central Park 1 hour, Ground Zero 1.25 hours. Staff is little slow, but it is an American specialty everywhere ...

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

the only good thing about this hostel is its location. other than that, everything is just terrible.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • China

Being American and only experiencing hostels in Europe I was a little nervous because of the negative rep hostels have here in the States, but I was so lucky to be wrong! This hostel was in the PERFECT location, in a safe, nice, clean location, and the facilities were very average but everything I could need. The man at the front desk was SO nice and made me feel very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends/family.

The hostel was very clean and nice, didn't have much interaction with the staff but the few times they were nice. The shared bathrooms were very clean compared to other hostels I've been to, which is a big plus. Not much interaction with other guests as most of the time they're probably out in the city. Price (70 dollars a night) was decent considering the location and the city.

I am a recent college graduate that came from Colorado to NYC for a job in the fashion industry. It has been a stressful move, especially while trying to apartment hunt in NYC. The staff at Chelsea was BEYOND amazing and accommodating of my needs, and were EXTREMELY helpful during a very tough transition! They were incredibly nice and understanding of my situation, and the fact that they were willing to help me out so much shows how amazing this staff is! I would without a doubt HIGHLY recommend

• 1st Jun 2015

every things was normal except Wi-Fi connection i should have connected in every room not only commen area or kitchen and kitchen closed very early 23.00pm

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Turkey

The guy in the front desk doesnt help when you need. He prefers to help his friends.

• 30th May 2015

I´ve stayed in a single room, which was fine. There was AC and a sink for me. The hostel provides basic services in a good manner. However, stairs are narrow and uncomfortable. Lockers are available downstairs, on a door that can be accesed by any intruder. A staffer actually told me that there is a "regular" who does that. So security must be improved. Also, it wouldn´t hurt to repaint the walls. I think the single room should be a little cheaper. But all in all I had a good experience here.

I always like it here, simple and affordable in a good location great for if you're travelling alone.

Great location and friendly staff. clean facilities.

Way better than expected. It was exactly what we wanted and we had no trouble with anything.

• 19th May 2015

The Chelsea Int hostel was in a great location (Chelsea neighborhood), a few minutes to the main spots. The room was clean though quite small. The breakfast was ok with bagels and some days you have free pizzas and an stand-up night. The price was quite affordable for NY.

Had an enjoyable stay. Good value for money.

• 18th May 2015

Very nice hostel and the managers have gone out of their way to make people feel welcome. There is a comedy night on Tuesday nights and free pizza on Wed nights. There were no bunk beds (yay) and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Shower room was small, but that's to be expected in NY. The location was pretty good, though would have preferred to be closer to Times Square but the staff were really nice & knowledgeable. I would stay there again.

Found the staff very friendly and helpful, the accommodations are spartan (as to be expected) but clean and comfortable. Great location and very affordable, would definitely stay here again :)

• 16th May 2015

Had ants in my room after first night but to be fair I didn't really mind so didn't mention it to staff. Shower pressure is excellent, clean towel and sheet and they even let me check in early (1pm) rather than 3pm as the room was already ready, pretty nice touch. They have a paid locker room which is between $3-5 for 24 hours (dependent on size), where you have an individual locker locked electronically by computer (so you feel totally safe leaving your stuff on check-out day).

This is a big, impersonal, basic budget hostel... but if you want to stay right in the heart of Manhattan without spending loads of money then it's perfect!

• 15th May 2015

The location of the hostel is very good and the value for money is good for NYC standards as it is a very expensive city. The atmosphere in the hostel is hard to judge for me as I only spent one night there but at breakfast people were mostly sitting in front of their laptops. Only remark: Add a toilet brush in the bathrooms ;)

• 15th May 2015