Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Best place to make friends (at least when you leave your electronic devices at home) and best staff, larry luciano and tim and the rest. Best beds, only hostel i know of that provides fresh fruits w/ breakfast, pizza nights (too many to finish) and comedy nights w/ free beer. All shops around the corner and the 2 most convenient subway lines as well! LOVE IT!

The room was clean and had air conditioning, wireless, lockers, and a sink with hot water, the guy at the front desk was very helpful and sweet, and the free cereal, coffee, fresh fruit, and luscious New York bagels every morning were great. I also liked sitting on the benches outside for breakfast because I got to meet other travelers. I chose this place because of its proximity to the Javits Convention Center but it happens to be in a really good location anyway.

A good option in NYC, but the hostel could offer somebody to carry luggages over the stairs.

Due to Hurricane Arthur I had a 4hour delay. Checked in at 3AM and the guy at the check-in was really nice. Location is very good, especially with the citibike-rental-station next to it. Didn't know they had breakfast, too, so I was really happy to start every day with a bagel and an apple. Showers and toilets are pretty small, but it's a hostel. It was my first time in NYC and for sleeping and showering the Hostel was perfect. I would definetely stay there again.

Great location. Most of the staff is friendly. Our room was clean and spacious, and was directly in the courtyard, which we really enjoyed. Don't expect much from the included breakfast, although the bagels were pretty good, and the apple jelly was surprisingly good too.

This hostel was quite good, could do with a bit of a renovation, the facilities where basic, but clean and everything worked. Was also in a great spot, the staff where quite helpful as well.

The shower was better than in a Hotel. They could have added bananas to the breakfast fruit, and given more pizza choices on the 'free pizza' night. Also providing free milk for guests to use to make a cuppa would be a bonus. It was great talking to the other Hostellers at breakfast time...and it was very social that way. Ruth.

• 1st Jul 2014

In need of a renovation

• 27th Jun 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Chelsea International Hostel. The rooms were clean, the courtyard was a great place to spend time, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Best of all, the location is superb -- an easy walk to almost everything! Would definitely come back!

• 27th Jun 2014

I would not stay here again. It felt like a weird camp with an odd smell and odd vibe. I didn't feel comfortable here and was glad I was only there for one night. The bathroom was probably my least favourite feature. Unimpressed.

Staff were the rudest that I have ever stayed with. You are basically only paying for location.

• 24th Jun 2014

Breakfast was good and the inner courtyard nice. Shower was cold every time I went there!

Simple, efficient , good location and friendly. All that takes to make it a good place.

Great location, clean rooms, good value for money overall.

• 19th Jun 2014

I would definitely stay again....clean, very helpful staff, close to subway.....

Just a small locker but no closets in the room, tiny room

Shower of the 245-2nd floor has a problem that the water doesn´t go...so when you go to take a shower, there is water on the ground from the last one who used it. I didn´t memorize the name of the guy, but there´s a guy in the staff that seems he hates people and he hates his job. He really doesn´t know how to deal with a client. If you work in a reception of a Hostel...you´re going to repeat a thousands times how a client will go to the airport. So, be cool and smile or find other job.

no hooks or hangers to hang stuff in bedroom or bathroom. The room was so tiny we could hardly move. Felt more like a military barrack with military blankets. We just slept and took shower, spending the rest of the day around NOT to be in the room. Windows do not open, it gets musty and hot pretty fast if you don't like A/C. No natural fresh air circulation. UGH!

• 16th Jun 2014

Stayed in a single room. You needed two keys to get into your room (one for the outside door, and one for the room itself), so that seems quite safe. Having been slightly disorientated after a sleepless night, I found out that the key in the B-section fits on the door of the same room number in the A-section. Fortunately, there's a locker inside the room, but I'd like to see some changes in this key-system. Floors are not even, that's kinda weird, feels like you're walking around being drunk

• 16th Jun 2014

Bedroom was full of insects, flying ants in the bed