Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

NO HOT WATER! WHY?! Not worth the expensive price. Thankfully I was only there one night!

• 10th Jun 2014

A nice place.

• 9th Jun 2014

The large common area is outside, so if rainy you should go inside common areas to have wifi.

Good common areas that allowed socialising with other guests. It would be good if the wii reached the bedrooms, currently it it just in the common areas. But good activities on at nights and a good location in Chelsea!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

it was great value for money

• 6th Jun 2014

The location of the hostel is good compared to the pricing. 4 people stay at the same room. Therefore, i think the cleaning should be more frequently. The breakfast is one of the most basic i've ever had. Good for people who come to NY for vacation and sightseeing. If you use the room only for taking a shower and sleeping, this place is very suitable as it is cheap and located close to metro stations where you can reach Times square in 25 minutes including the time for walking to the station.

I love this hostel - I stay here every time I'm in NYC and the staff is always fantastic!

The rooms were not at all like what the pictures showed. The comforter on the bed was dirty. This was by the one of the dingiest hostels I have ever stayed in. The breakfast is only ONE serving of fruit and a bagel, as well as corn flakes. They offer apples OR oranges and are very adamant that you only choose one. As someone suffering with celiac I found them to be quite rude and unsympathetic to the fact that I could not eat the bagel or the cereal.

• 5th Jun 2014

The free breakfast and free pizza on wednesday were nice additions! Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. common area is good to chat to people. Location is ideal. Only down side is the price.

• 2nd Jun 2014

The staff were not very helpful at all, in fact they were rather rude. I asked them upon arrival about booking an airport shuttle bus for me for the next afternoon. I was told to leave it til the next day when I was leaving and organise it then. The next day when I asked about a shuttle the guy behind the desk said no he wasn't getting one for me because I didn't let him know I was leaving. he then told me I had to walk the 20 blocks to the bus terminal or go catch a taxi.

• 2nd Jun 2014

The rooms were very dirty, same as the bathrooms.

• 1st Jun 2014

The staff was very unfriendly and quiet annoyed by the appearence of guests. Concerning atmosphere: it is just a place to sleep, no hostel-atmosphere at all due to the mood spread by the staff. At the last morning we were in the breakfast room still eating at 10:10, when the staff already started cleaning the room and called on us to leave. It was raining outside, so we could not have gone there either to finish eating.

• 31st May 2014

If the rooms had a brighter colour they would be more inviting. Yellow in two diffenrent nuances is not inviting is not nice. The commonroom has to bigger. It was a good thing for us that the weather was good, because then we could sit outside. There wasn't a seat for everybody in the common room if it was bad weather outside for breakfast.

• 31st May 2014
  • Denmark

Great location!! Value for the money with a nice breakfast and friendly staff! The only issue was with the hotel mattress that was too soft...

Great location and the rooms are OK. The breakfast is simple, but good. I forgot my shoes in the room when i left, remembered them when I was on the bus to the airport just an hour after I left, called right away, but they where already gone... If I stay here another time I will definitely be more careful with my things and use the lockers for any objects of value.

• 30th May 2014
  • Norway

On arrival we were a little taken aback as to the starkness and lack of furniture in our room, although everything was spotlessly clean and we were really glad to have our own en-suite. Staff were exceedingly helpful and the Hostel in an excellent situation for getting around New York. The breakfast was adequate although a bit monotonous. We would certainly book with you again if we return to New York.

• 28th May 2014

good value for money, friendly staff, toilets and showers could do with a bit of a scrub. Rooms very basic.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming, and the comedy/pizza evenings seemed like a great idea to get hostel stayers to meet (sadly I couldn't attend but I'm sure they were fun!) Room was clean, very basic with just a bed and bathroom but that's all I really needed. Breakfast was satisfactory.

• 27th May 2014

This is probably the rudest staff I've ever experienced. Was so horribly welcomed by two of them that I avoided going to ask for anything else. It's a very good location, closer to the station. The room was ok, though my sheets were kind of dirty. The neighborhood was very good also.

Very Well located, but noisy And hot as hell. No air conditioning. And you need to keed the same dirty towel until check out

• 26th May 2014