Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

I wish they had pad locks for guests; no wi fi service in rooms, only outside! breakfast could get better with some cheese and vegtables.

It was so cool . Stuff are so friendly . Price and location are excellent .

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Good : the location. Bad : dirty. There were cockroaches every nights in the room. This is just disgusting. And the fact there is just the wifi in the common area (I stayed in the building next to the main one), which closes at 11pm. So you can't have access to the internet on nights. The breakfast was poor.

• 7th Sep 2014

Came across several cockroaches in the bedroom and bathroom. Otherwise a decent place to stay, bit overpriced for what you get.

• 7th Sep 2014

The rooms are old and could be spruced up a bit. I've been traveling throughout Europe and the US with in nicer hostels. They could at least put a framed pictured on our dorm wall.

• 6th Sep 2014

Be careful the Wi-Fi is just available for a small part of this hostel. So bad news...

Lockers didn't lock properly, not social at all

Great location. Very basic. Nice backyard. I guess that's what you can get for that money in Manhattan..

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Israel

It is very good experience there!

Feel a bit unsafe when bathing, cause saw a guy not in well dress in the corridor(think he was after bath). Staffs should consider more about gender when arranging rooms.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • China

Had a good time. Been there for the 2nd time, good staff, very helpfull. I'll be coming back ;)

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

The mattress on my bed was very lopsided, and could benefit from being spun around its centre so that people sit on its other side when sitting on the bed.

Only good thing about this place is location, other than that not good at all. Guy at the front desk seems to be always in a bad mood when you ask any question plus I saw small cockroaches in my room the first night I stayed there.

Two blocks to the train can walk to Times Square at your leisure six blocks to the village Nice rest bars in area. Free pizza Wednesdays bagel cereal every morning Great place to stay

This hostel was a prison. The atmosphere was awful - I didn't hear any conversations between guests whatsoever, and everyone I smiled at or said hello to completely ignored me. The bathroom situation was vile - a sink in the room with no soap, a toilet (with no sink) across the hall and a shower (with no room to change) next door to the toilet. It was really dirty and there wasn't even any wifi in the rooms - you had to go & sit in a common room in the basement, where no-one spoke.

There was wifi unavailable in the room and when you rarely got the wifi in the common area it would shut at 11pm and we were unavailable to have conversations with people back home.

• 28th Aug 2014

The Staff need to be polite a little.evertyhing else is as described.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Nice. Big Rooms. Clean. No Wifi in Rooms (only in common area which is closed by night)

Wish the wifi was available in rooms but other than that really good

• 27th Aug 2014

I enjoyed staying there! The lactation was very good, easy to go everywhere. There are many people on the street until like midnight on the weekend and also the police office was right in front of the hostel so I felt pretty safe even tho I (girl) walked by myself. I definitely recommend this hostel if you think hotel is too expensive in NYC.

• 27th Aug 2014