Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, New York, USA

There is a guy in reception think is in40s really impolite and rude, I know we didn't pay like hundreds for a night but really don't have to be treated like this

• 24th Feb 2014

Lovely and central place to stay. Wifi is only available in the common areas, so you are unable to use wifi between 11pm and 7am which can be a hassle if you are from another time zone. Staff are really friendly and generally pretty helpful.

Please renovate the complete buildung and especially the furnishing. It's old fashioned and not comfortable!!

• 20th Feb 2014

I liked that breakfast was included, but that was all. The rooms are literally empty, not even hooks to hang up a towel. The kitchen closes at 11pm which sucks and it's way too small for the amount of people that want to eat breaktfast in the morning.

• 14th Feb 2014

In my first room there were bugs on the floor. However, the staff were accommodating and I changed rooms that night at 3am in the morning. However, the second room I moved into was incredibly hot and even with the window open, I was sweating all night! There is no real atmosphere at all at the hostel. The staff were very friendly, however, the general layout is very sterile and the rooms are a bit like prison cells.

No so much to do in winter besides walk around town. 3 blocks away from subway and close to restaurants and bars. Nice place to stay if you don't mind walking a little for a reasonable price.

I couldn't believe you can get a place to stay in NY for such a good price!

This Hostel is just what you can expect for this money. It is clean and you have a bed to sleep in, there is not much more too it other than that. The common area is not really a nice place to hang out. The kitchen doesn't have any normal knifes etc. so cooking isn't really possible. Breakfast is good though and staff is friendly.

• 9th Feb 2014

The hostel was ok, but the plumps are very loud in the nights, wakes up.

• 8th Feb 2014

This place could be so much better with different staff or management.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Everything was really good. The hostel is placed two blocks from the subway line E in a nice neighborhood. The rooms are comfortable, they provide you of linen and towels. Free wifi in the common areas. Definitely would come back!

Overall it was very good. I was left to my own devices which is the way I like it; no intrusion, great privacy!

I loved it! Simple yet really nothing to complain about. My room of 4 had its own bathroom and own entrance in the back of the hostel. You had free internet always in the common area and there was also a kitchen etc. Also, room service was great and water always hot etc. Staff was super friendly. The location is very comfortable to get anywhere. I'd return anytime!!

Great location and beautiful building. I paid for a dorm bed but got the whole room to myself which was awesome. Breakfast is good, you get a bagel, fruit, cereal

Good place in a good area.

The room: just one bed. The staff:the most impolie, unkind and rude i ever found in a hostel. It seems they dont like foreigners

I actually had to cancel the booking late as I couldn't get to NY and they were so great they allowed me to cancel or amend the booking at no extra fee. I really appreciated that! Great stuff!

The door was left unlocked after the cleaning when I came back in the evening (the trash was emptied that is why I knew that the cleaning had been done). The staff unfriendly and unhelpful. I had to wait almost 20-30 min. to check in before the receptionist (25th Jan in the evening) finished to have a friends' conversation). When I asked for help to show me how the door should be locked he nastily refused to do so. Unpleasant! The only thing I would recommend for the hotel was the location.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Great hostel in terms of location and value for money (always considering you are in NYC). Facilities are old and common areas small. Overall the hostel is not in great condition but is cheap and you get what you pay for. Breakfast is basic but filling. It should start earlier though. Perfect place if you are not going to spend too much time in it...

The hostel would be really great if there is soap in the bathrooms.thus it's not safe. You might catch smth this way