Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Was a wonderful stay

• 14th May 2015

The beds were a bit springy. But the breacfest was graet the location Awsome.

• 13th May 2015

Basic place to rest your head. Super-helpful staff. Hot shower with plenty of pressure. Close to subway entries. Find the deli around the corner with fresh-squeezed juices. It was fantastic. Hostel is right across street from a police precinct, which was reassuring. When you arrive there's a clean bed and towel awaiting.

I stayed in a private room - it had a sink which is great! There was a bathroom to be shared with the other rooms on the floor - just a toilette (a single stall) and no sink. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the common areas which close at 11pm. Lovely outdoor seating section. The location is incredible! I would say it was quite clean. As a single female traveling alone, I felt very safe and comfortable.

• 11th May 2015

The hostel is situated in an old building. there are no elevators, and the rooms are small. The bathroom was also old.

My first experience with hostels was really all that I expected. I felt like I got more than my moneys worth with the location, atmosphere, cleanliness, staff. The room was exactly what I needed and I can't wait to do it again. Thanks.

• 5th May 2015

I asked one of staff about air conditioner because my room was too hot. When I asked that, his attitude was terrible. I just wanted to ask I could use or not. He speak English too fast and he complained about my English. He was impolite for me. I met many great New Yorker in there when I lost my way. Only worst experience in NY was with him. Location is perfect. If you don't mind staff I can recommend this place. Actually there are another staff and some of them were nice.

Decent place 10 mins from 23st station Nice staff Quite large and the wifi didn't reach my room and the communal area shut at 11pm The McManus is your closest pub showing sports just around the corner. The Westside brewery a little further is a bit better

It was a small room, beds were fine. No airco although the signs in the room said there was. Luxaflex were broken. The neighbourhood is great!

No extractor fan in bathroom so creates sauna effect. Noisy at night. But that's a city for you.

• 3rd May 2015

Great Location. I recommend the Hostel. I was really happy about it, the only think I was unhappy was that the cleaners were very loud early in the morning (7am) as I was very tired about the jet lag and I wanted to sleep.

• 1st May 2015

After reading some of the reviews we where a bit apprehensive about coming here, big surprise, staff on the front desk very friendly and helpful, cleaning staff, very friendly, other people had said that they did not speak english and where rude, our experience, if you treat them how you would like to be treated, they will then stop and say hello, if you treat them like dirt you will get a bad reply. place is very basic, but does what it says on the box, will stay again and recommend others to

Stairs are steep and narrow which is a problem when carrying heavy luggage.

• 27th Apr 2015

The single rooms in bldg 249 are very noisy(a lot of street noise). A pair of ear plugs are a must.

UNFRIENDLY staff, excellent location and fair prices.

Solid stay as usual...just the basics & absolutely perfect location.

Not great, but not too bad. I didn't have much contact w/ the staff, but the little I had they're nice. The breakfast is not good at all, the rooms and bathrooms are ok. Wifi only in the common area, which I didn't use because was not very cozy. The localization is really good, and considering NY prices it's reasonable.

I enjoyed my stay here, the staff was helpful, the room was clean and although I didn't take advantage of the free Wi-Fi or the other amenities, the fact that they had that option was great. The hostel was just three blocks away from a subway station, the neighborhood was quiet and clean, and I felt safe in the area, which as a single female traveler it's really important.

• 24th Apr 2015

It was great experience . I stayed at the hostel 2 nights. Clean, safe and amazing location. Good and friendly staff.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Wifi signal not always consistent