Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Everything was really good. The hostel is placed two blocks from the subway line E in a nice neighborhood. The rooms are comfortable, they provide you of linen and towels. Free wifi in the common areas. Definitely would come back!

Overall it was very good. I was left to my own devices which is the way I like it; no intrusion, great privacy!

I loved it! Simple yet really nothing to complain about. My room of 4 had its own bathroom and own entrance in the back of the hostel. You had free internet always in the common area and there was also a kitchen etc. Also, room service was great and water always hot etc. Staff was super friendly. The location is very comfortable to get anywhere. I'd return anytime!!

Great location and beautiful building. I paid for a dorm bed but got the whole room to myself which was awesome. Breakfast is good, you get a bagel, fruit, cereal

Good place in a good area.

The room: just one bed. The staff:the most impolie, unkind and rude i ever found in a hostel. It seems they dont like foreigners

I actually had to cancel the booking late as I couldn't get to NY and they were so great they allowed me to cancel or amend the booking at no extra fee. I really appreciated that! Great stuff!

The door was left unlocked after the cleaning when I came back in the evening (the trash was emptied that is why I knew that the cleaning had been done). The staff unfriendly and unhelpful. I had to wait almost 20-30 min. to check in before the receptionist (25th Jan in the evening) finished to have a friends' conversation). When I asked for help to show me how the door should be locked he nastily refused to do so. Unpleasant! The only thing I would recommend for the hotel was the location.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Great hostel in terms of location and value for money (always considering you are in NYC). Facilities are old and common areas small. Overall the hostel is not in great condition but is cheap and you get what you pay for. Breakfast is basic but filling. It should start earlier though. Perfect place if you are not going to spend too much time in it...

The hostel would be really great if there is soap in the bathrooms.thus it's not safe. You might catch smth this way

Hostel rooms are quite old, the heating made strange noises and was either really hot or non existent. Common areas aren't very social.

It was enormously cold there - even there was cold weather in NYC (-10 C) in our opinion some additional heating need to be provided in such cases

The location is awesome, walkable distance to many attractions. There's a kitchen, but not to good, didn't even have a knife!? Pretty cold to stay here during the winter since you have to walk outdoor between some rooms and the common areas.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Sweden

great location in midtown / safe/ great value for money

• 21st Jan 2014

I think this hostel was a good value for money. Everything is expensive in New York including accomodation. So it was very convinient for me to have a private room with facilities for a resonable sum of money. Location was good and staff is friendly, room itself and breakfast was very basic but okay for me.

we stayed in the private double room. great location. clean and basic hostel. had everything you'd need. id stay again. it was quiet noisey at times. but I think that's the type of old building and the outside NYC never sleeps life. has breakfast but it was basic and we chose to sleep in a fair bit instead. i would have liked to be able to store my luggage somewhere after check out and before my flight instead of drag in around. but that was the only down fall.

• 16th Jan 2014

The most annoying thing is that there is no Wi-Fi access within the room.

The room was very neat and clean. Location is great, only a couple of blocks to the subway.

I really like the welcoming and nice stuff that was able to carry my huge bagage into this simple, but clean and warm room. i also liked the included breakfast, it was a good start into the day.

• 16th Jan 2014

just wanted a pillow and they allways said they will send , but they never did all the 5 nights ive stayed. The linens were never changed. Breakfast was very poor, which i never mind. Room, is the smallest ever, like a prison cell. Nothing special. The term basic is not enough to determine . Location is perfect . Heater has a weird voice, especially in the night when u sleep, but the room was very hot when it was very cold and snow outside.Theres no wi-fi in the rooms.

• 15th Jan 2014