Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

I thought every thing was great. The only two things I was not to happy about was the shower, it was small and no place to put my stuff. The bath room had no sink to wash my hands after I used the toilet. Besides that I had a great time. I would definitely come back. Thank you, everyone was great, say Hi.

• 16th Sep 2014

A nice hostel to stay in NY, but we want it a bit cheaper. Very nice common areas, but only here WiFi, with also very nice breakfast. Also, we want more cleanliness in our room at the 6 days of our stay, because they clean only the rubbish bin.

Location is xcellent, couldnt be better. Room and common areas were very quiet. Will def stay there again

Booked a single room, it was clean; shower room and toilet were always clean too. Couldn't have most of the breakfast food because I'm on a gluten/yeast/dairy free diet but can't complain, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Location is excellent, you are close to several subway stations. If your room is in the front of the building, bring some ear plugs with you: remember you are in the city that never sleeps and local streets can be very noisy at nights. I would definitely go back again.

The location is fine and so does the single bed room. restroom and shower are located in small rooms so it's a bit tricky to have a recovering shower. If the price was 30% or more cheaper, I would rate all excelent

• 11th Sep 2014

-No wi-fi at the rooms -Bad quality of bed -Doors like paper, without even basic locking at all-Non responsibility in case of burglaring. -15 o clock check in or you pay a locker which if it is going to be burglarized, hostels still do not have any responsibility.(they assure sth silly like 30 dollars maximum) ,meaning that if you have a laptop,you just should not have it. -poor breakfast but ok -I feel that I f I had paid 35-40 dollars per day I would be happy, but know I am not.

• Greece

Rooms and bathrooms very clean . Too expensive for a hostel ( no similarities to European hostels!) but it's because the great location . Easy to find . New york is overestimated and prices are so high !

• Greece

The room was a good size for a double room, after the reviews i was expecting a shoes box. It could have some hangers for towels or something like that. Staff wasn't friendly, most of them colombian/mexican, spanish speakers.. would not say anything when you walk past them. which is not really a problem. wi-fi, you should really get that sorted.. its really annoying having to walk into common areas...

Definitely a good place to stay in the center of NYC, nice to recognize the organised events like comedy evening or free-pizza-dinner

I wish they had pad locks for guests; no wi fi service in rooms, only outside! breakfast could get better with some cheese and vegtables.

It was so cool . Stuff are so friendly . Price and location are excellent .

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Good : the location. Bad : dirty. There were cockroaches every nights in the room. This is just disgusting. And the fact there is just the wifi in the common area (I stayed in the building next to the main one), which closes at 11pm. So you can't have access to the internet on nights. The breakfast was poor.

• 7th Sep 2014

Came across several cockroaches in the bedroom and bathroom. Otherwise a decent place to stay, bit overpriced for what you get.

• 7th Sep 2014

The rooms are old and could be spruced up a bit. I've been traveling throughout Europe and the US with in nicer hostels. They could at least put a framed pictured on our dorm wall.

• 6th Sep 2014

Be careful the Wi-Fi is just available for a small part of this hostel. So bad news...

Lockers didn't lock properly, not social at all

Great location. Very basic. Nice backyard. I guess that's what you can get for that money in Manhattan..

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Israel

It is very good experience there!

Feel a bit unsafe when bathing, cause saw a guy not in well dress in the corridor(think he was after bath). Staffs should consider more about gender when arranging rooms.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • China

Had a good time. Been there for the 2nd time, good staff, very helpfull. I'll be coming back ;)

• 2nd Sep 2014