Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Staff was very friendly. I was there only about seven hours but the bed was comfy.

• 20th Nov 2015

It was a great place to stay if you are looking for a bed and bathroom and no extra frills, hoewever be prepared to experience some issues with their wifi, I struggled many times to log in or even connect.

This hostel is in a pretty good location but still feels like a hotel converted to a hostel without the feel of a traveler's base.

Thanks 😃 See you again soon

Great staff. Good coffee and bagels for breakfast.

I love staying here when I am in NYC....friendly, helpful staff, super location, and a clean room for a great price! Could not ask for more!!!! Thanks to John and all the staff for being so wonderful.....always love coming here!!

I just the best place to stay!! so accesible to everything.

• 12th Nov 2015

Nicer on the pictures than in reality, no wifi in the room

Chelsea Hostel is a great cheap option for those looking for a clean and quiet place to stay!

The hostel is good, though spartan. There wasn't much beyond the standard bed, sink, locker setup. Actually had to go buy soap for the sink since there was none to be found anywhere else. The hostel is basically a series of rowhouses that have been bought up and ours, at least, was fairly jank (i.e. spongy steps, multiple jury-rigged braces supporting the railings, an access to the roof that was never fully closed). The facilities, however, were very clean, and the location was great.

• 11th Nov 2015

I stayed in a single with bath ensuite. A room is very smal but suffucient for a several day stay. Location is good. Breakfast is standard and sufficient. WiFi is not available in rooms - only in common places. In my room the only furniture was a steel bed and a small steel shelf for a bag - as in jail. No table, no chair, no shelf, not even a nail in a wall to hang a coat. The staff is very friendly and cooperative.

Well run hostel had a great two night budget vacation.

Great location. As others have said wifi is not in every room, which is okay. Breakfast was enough to keep me going but nothing special.

Not the nicest hostel I've stayed in, but definately one the best values in NYC. I'd recommend it for a few nights.

• 6th Nov 2015

Simple and clean low cost option in a fantastic location.i would stay again and would recommend it.

• 4th Nov 2015

Just had a 1 nigh stay it was ok for the night, great location and staff were helpful. Just a strange set-up for rooms and they are quite small, I also felt like my bed was tipping on an angle.

Location was great, easy to get to via subway from JFK/LaGuardia. Staff was friendly enough. The pillow case and towel provided had some questionable stains on them. Lockers available in room but you need to bring your own lock. Quiet hostel, conveniently located nearby metro with easy access to other attractions. Good value for the money overall.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Fairly basic accommodation, but for the location and price you pay, it's great value! Comfortable room with ensuite.

Perfect for my 9 night stay in NY, but pricey. That's NY for you though. I stayed in a 2 bed dorm, plenty of room with own sink. Bathrooms just outside the door were always clean. Sheets were so clean you could smell the bleach. Wifi doesn't normally reach the rooms, but my room was next to the common area so was able to use it from my room. Close to the subway and a short walk to my favourite place, Chelsea Markets.

I didn't enjoy staying here at all. The staff were unfriendly and made you feel as if you were putting them out if you asked about anything. The single I stayed in looked like a prison cell. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!