Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Wi-fi did not work well, even in the common areas.

Avarage Hostel with excellent location. Our problem was the noises. We couldn't sleep because we heard everything which happened in the street.

I liked everything. I had only one problem that the breakfast start at 08:00 a.m. and It would better if they could start earlier.

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Egypt

I highly recommend the Chelsea International Hostel especially if you're traveling on a budget! It's so expensive in the city, and since you'll be spending more time exploring than staying in your room, you can save money by staying here. I stayed 2 nights there in a private room, but they also have lockers if you are sharing a room with multiple people. Another great thins is that they are 24 hours. I didn't get there till 2AM but they always have someone on staff.

• 28th Oct 2015

Friendly staff, clean breakfast room too small, if only inside possible. better no limitation on fruits.

• 26th Oct 2015

Good location, breakfast, clean. I was in a room for 2, we had a lavatory in the room. No wi-fi in rooms, only near the kitchen which is at the next entrance. The kitchen is closed at 23.00, so you have to stay outside to use wi-fi.

First time we have stayed at Hostel and definitely would stay again. Your staff was extremely helpful. This was our first visit to New York.

• 25th Oct 2015

I'm glad I stayed only for 5 hours. Is slept well, but it wasn't the place I wanted to be in.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Slovakia

Its good for people nor having enough money to stay in downtown.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • China

Building age was to be expected in New York, but room, bathroom and shower were always clean. Staff was friendly when I interacted. Hostel didn't quite have the "meeting other travellers" atmosphere as some I've been to. Common room was not easily accessible from all rooms and the curfew discouraged any sort of gathering at the end of the day. Felt the room was expensive but for Manhattan can't be too surprised. Charging for luggage storage seemed over top after what I paid for the stay.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Great location and facilities but the street door was usually open and more people than supposed stayed in my dorm.

If you're just using your room for sleeping and storing your bag, this hostel has everything you need at an unbeatable price. It was also unbelievably quiet - my room was over 20th Street and I could only hear the usual city sounds. I will absolutely stay there again.

• 23rd Oct 2015

No-frills hostel at an excellent location. Rooms are very basic, but suffice if you just require a proper bed to sleep in. Free breakfast + kitchen facilities are a nice plus, although breakfast starts a bit late (8am).

• 21st Oct 2015

Great location and clean and friendly staff and very helpful.

• 21st Oct 2015

The Hostel is excellent on everything. My only concern is the bathroom was not cleaned everyday. But many thanks!

• Taiwan

Perfect for a night of rest and a clean shower… Very friendly staff. It was my first time in a hostile and it was just what I needed

• 21st Oct 2015

We've both stayed here before and it never fails to impress. Great cost and location, such a good place to stay in NYC!

• 20th Oct 2015

The common area is BASIC and the only place you can get wifi. In fact the whole place is pretty basic but if you're just sleeping there it's fine. Location is awesome though, really close to everything, 15 min walk to the Village, really nice atmosphere and super safe. Wouldn't say the staff were the warmest but were nice when my key kept not working for the outside door, that said I was glad someone was ahead of me at 2am otherwise I'd probably not have gotten in.

• 20th Oct 2015

Good location, good breakfest, safe but a rude staff

The room was so, so cold at night!