Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

It was a great location for us since we were taking a tour starting at Chelsea Pier. Beds were firm but comfortable. They didn't supply soap, so bring your own. Located a short walk away from a Rite Aid. Breakfast is just a bagel and a piece of fruit.

• 20th Dec 2014

Stayed in a single room, it was just above the common room which gave me wifi in the room which was great! I like the fact that breakfast was included. Very clean! (except for the towel, which had a few stains...) A great price for a great location, definitely value for money!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Вed bugs!!! It's disgusting! Taking into account previous reviews, where guests also wrote about bugs - it's irresponsible that management of this hostel doesn't doing anything to improve the situation. Definitely would not recommend Chelsea hostel to stay.

We have not had problems with bed bugs in many years. We had a professional revise your room top to bottom and nothing was found. We pay special attention to cleanliness and the entire property is exterminated once a month by a professional exterminator.

Won't ask for a lot more, but somewhere to hang my long winter coat would have been nice... along with wifi available in the rooms. Hehe. Thanks! :)

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

The WiFi was very bud, specially in the 3rd floor, there was no signal.

There Double bed was too small and blanket felt not so clean enough. Othes were good.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

location is good, but the place is cheap. stayed in a single, which had a bed and nothing else in it. wifi only in one room, breakfast an apple and one bagel....for the price no value

The best thing about this hostel was the location. the subway was just a few blocks away, also, there's plenty of things to do in chelsea as well. this is a pretty impersonal hostel, so if you want to meet people, it's not the right place. i had a single room and i did have wifi in it, but be careful, because not every room has it. the hostel was clean, simple, but it's perfect location vise and if you're just looking for a place to sleep, not hang out.

This was a great hostel! Great location in Chelsea and very close to the subway. I would stay here again next time I'm in NYC! :)

It'd be naive to expect anything better from such a cheap hostel located where this one is. The room was quite clean, breakfasts were substandard but, on the plus sidd, they were included at all. Wifi router's DNS wasn't working, had to fix the problem to be able to use it. If you're short on money and want to stay in Manhattan, this is absolutely the place to go, imo. You won't get any fancy features, but you'll get a decent non-rotten sleeping place.

I thought the location of the Hostel was amazing because it was not too far from the heart of the city. The staff were friendly and the people were friendly. The only thing that I would recommend, would be more variety of food for breakfast. Thank You!

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Honduras

really great location! friendly staff and good breakfast bagel

Great place, lovely and warm for a winter break, excellent location for walking everywhere in Manhattan, shower was excellent, staff were friendly, cheaper than anywhere else I found, great mix of nationalities. Would recommend.

I think is important they help the host to move the packages and make some improves with the pillows

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Costa Rica

While I was there, we stayed in the twin ensuite room and it was comfortable. Enough space for our gear, bathroom was clean (for a hostel) and the mattresses were quite comfortable. Pillows were a bit bad (as per usual for a hostel) and the towels were a bit gross, so we brought our own. Didn't really get involved with the social aspect of the hostel so I can't comment there. Building was secure with 2 keys needed to get to your room. Location was great, near several tube stations.

• 22nd Nov 2014

I liked the hostel and recommend to my friends. If I ever need again, I will return.

This hostel is fine, the water is hot and the beds are comfortable. We had some problems locking our room door and one of the power points looked like an electrocution risk (I used it though and survived!). The breakfast is basic but good. The location is really good, you're just a couple of blocks from the subway and being downtown it's pretty convenient for seeing the city. We just walked to a lot of the main sights.

I hardly doubt you'll find a better hostel in NYC than this.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Excellent stay. The hostel is in a great location. I had a private room with a washbasin in the room and bathroom down the hall. My room and the bathrooms were extremely clean. Would stay here again and recommend to friends.

• 20th Nov 2014

THis is my favorite place. I'm in NY a lot (live in Boston) and I always try to find a bed here. By far the best one of all hostels that offer single rooms.