Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

The door to my room was really noisy and hard to open/close. Other than that I didn't have any issues staying here. The location is perfect.

• 27th Jun 2015

Stayed for pride and had a great time!!!!

Well, The place is not so bad but expensive (maybe not much for new york or manhattan). However the atmosphere and the staff friendlyness are not exceptional

Staff could have been friendlier on check in, did not tell us about the wifi or breakfast that were in fact available at the hostel

• 26th Jun 2015

Cleanliness could definitely be improved.

• 25th Jun 2015

Would be great if wifi worked in rooms. Coffee at breakfast is terrible. Staff were helpful

Very good location. Very reasonable. I can't complain about anything as long as I can stay in Manhattan under $100 per night !

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Very good/excellent; I intend to come back and recommend the hostel.

could not figure out how to change channels with remote chained to the wall in the lounge. Only had three channels. Also a washcloth with the towel would be nice.

• 22nd Jun 2015

The location is the best quality of the hostel, really close to Metro Stations/restautants/bars/markets/etc. The breakfast is a little poor, but OK. The commom areas are friendly. The bedrooms are OK, enough for who wants only sleep. The problem is that the wyfy doesn't work outside the commom areas,

• 21st Jun 2015

Absolutely excellent location (walking distance to SoHo, Greenwich Village, Chelsea Market, etc) and wonderful value for the money. Staff were friendly and offered good advice about where to find things and everything was scoured-down clean. Some advice: bring your own soap in a little container. You'll also have a sink in your room even if there's no private bath.

location is very good, breakfast is good as well. some shared bathroom is very small. I would stay there again.

I loved it! It's much more affordable than hotels.. The location is great and is located right in front of an NYPD precinct so I felt super safe! Every street each way is surrounded by fabulous restaurants, coffee shops, yoga studios, and just a couple of blocks from the C train-- which is super convenient. The rooms are barebones... but nobody goes to NYC to stay in their hotel room the entire time. The room I stayed in had a single bed, a sink, a/c, and plenty of storage. Highly recommended!

• 18th Jun 2015

the wi-fi is only available in the courtyard which is closed from 11 pm to 7 am. also when the courtyard is closed you don't have access to your own food in the kitchen fridge. too bad if you want an early morning coffee or breakfast. the included breakfast is not available til 8, and is literally doled out, consisting of a bagel, one one mini tub of jam and butter, one piece of fruit, no repeats. you can help yourself to cornflakes tho. yes it's as bizarre as it sounds.

Second time at this place. Stayed in a twin private this time. Clean and basic room, good air conditioning, powerful shower. The courtyard is great for having a couple of beers on a warm evening. Free pizza on one of the nights, coffee available all day In the kitchen. What more could you want for the price? Will be back again soon.

• 17th Jun 2015

great location some of the desk staff openly disdainful to some guests no common area after 11pm is a downer

• 13th Jun 2015

it is too bad hostel. Staff is very rude and he show racial prejudice to me because of my nationlity. firstle, He didn't accept that I hold my baggage in my room until 11:59am. then I said the check out time (12:00), he got angry to me, and he said something bad about my nationality. and he throwed the keys towards my face. then I got back my baggage and I leaved from there. I suggest that nobody shall go there.

I stayed here for the night because I had a job interview early the next morning. The area is great, the staff super friendly and helpful (helped me print out a resume even with the computer closed). Although it does have setbacks. The bathrooms are separate (toilet and shower in separate rooms) No hand soap is provided and rooms are a bit cramped. Nothing fancy but it is clean and they have air conditioning in the rooms. Thank god (hottest day of the month). Overall, its a decent place

The Chelsea is an amazing find in the heart of Manhattan, a price I still can't believe. Facilities I rank as average only because it is, after all,a hostel, so I didn't expect anything but what is necessary--a comfortable bed, sheets and blanket, lights, sink and a shared shower and toilet on a hall with only 4-5 rooms. Breakfast is pleasant and sufficient. I you need fancier fare, there is plenty very close by. I walked back from up & down town at 11 p.m.--very safely. I would stay again

Nice place to stay. Simple but clean rooms. Great and safe location. Nice common area in the backyard. Breakfast with bagel, fruit, corn flakes, juice and coffee.