Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Excellent location, friendly staff, sad rooms but clean. excellent quality for the price. I will return.

• 18th Apr 2014

Well run hostel. Excellent and friendly night staff, good security. Good standards of cleanliness.

Very pleased with my stay.

• 18th Apr 2014

In the heart of NY but still in a quiet neighbourhood. The rooms are small and plain but very clean. Would definitely go there again.

Fantastic location helpful and friendly staff

Its a hostel but I feel more like being in a hotel jeje the common areas are very unfriendly to stay and make friens, but has a great location.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Mayotte

The person with who I made the check in was super rude, he had very bad maners, he even threw my credit card several time insted of gave it back to me and was not very accessible when I ask about some questions related about my staying. People in the next room were very loud at night, from 1 to 4 am!! eventhough when they should be quite since 11pm acording to the hostel recomendation. Besides that, everything is good, a bit expensinve, but I gues it is because is NYC and the location is good.

everything was very good

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Just okay for couple of days. No real interaction because of all the separated buildings. Perfect situated close to subway and central.

• 12th Apr 2014

Very good because is very cheap.

Very clean, friendly staff and well-located. Basic facilities but good value for Manhattan.

I had a good stay there. My only concern is the absence of tea ah breakfast, i don't drink any coffee...

• 11th Apr 2014

The staff were great and everything was at least average. But the bed was so uncomfortable that my back hurt for my entire trip and the pillow was lumpy and unsupportive.

• 10th Apr 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay, staff were friendly and helpful and I found facilities clean and overall atmosphere friendly. One down point: occasionally it could get loud from the courtyard out the back late at night if people were out there talking; perhaps it would be an idea to enforce the commom area policy of being off-limits after 11pm. Apart from that, excellent stay

• 10th Apr 2014

I'm Mexican it was my first time in a hostel and I loved everything !! I wanna to come back :) I recommended this hostal the staff were awesome the rooms too ... The bathrooms are clean and big , there are hot water , clean towels , warm blankets , and a great location !!! I loved this place

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Pleasant staff in a nice area. Bagel and fruit for breakfast. Will certainly stay again.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Tiny rooms and not particularly cozy, but a good option if you don't want to bankrupt yourself while staying in central Manhattan. If you're staying more than a few nights, an ensuite bathroom is recommended.

Greately appreciate the co-operation of the hostel staff. Eveready to help. Good breakfast. Good facilities. Great location. Only the rooms are small. Overall a very popular site for stay at a central place with good food joints and markets around it.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • India

I stayed in early April 2014 and they were doing construction on the street. The noise was unbearable in the mornings. I suggest avoiding the hostel if the construction is still happening. Otherwise, I like this place and it's location. It's a barebones room. But hey, u get what u pay for. I had a private room which included a sink and closet space. I would definitely stay again because of the cost. If ur willing to spend just a bit more, try the west side ymca.

Not really sure what was going on with the WiFi rules - it couldn't be used in rooms, only the common areas. And those areas close at 11pm, which is inconvenient and kind of defeats the purpose of WiFi. Apart from that, the room was really clean and spacious, the staff were friendly and location was excellent!