Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

The clothes of the bed sheet are old, and looks like dirty. Ventilation requires and upgrade. Maintenance of facilities are in bad conditions.

it would be desirable to improve the cleanliness of rooms and facilities

Location was everything. I would stay again just for this reason. I was a solo female traveler & felt very safe at the hostel & in this area. There was no atmosphere at the hostel, so if you are looking to make friends, go out to party etc I would look elsewhere.

In one of the rooms, getting hot water shower was a little tricky due to a funny tap, and the washroom was a bit spartan (no hooks for clothes). Otherwise alright.

The staff is good but the common room closes at 11, which is too early.

It was a lot more expensive than two other hostels that I have tried on Manhattan and it was definately worse. One of the guys behind the desk was very unfriendly. The atmosphere was not good. The location was good though, which I guess is what you pay for. I would definately not recommend it to anyone as anything else than a last resort.

The service was excellent. I left a very small sentimental item behind and they found it and mailed it back to me. I will be returning!

• 5th Jun 2015

Quality accommodation for the price corresponds. It is probably the best option on the Wail Manhattan location, everywhere was allowed to walk - 30 min Times Square, Central Park 1 hour, Ground Zero 1.25 hours. Staff is little slow, but it is an American specialty everywhere ...

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

the only good thing about this hostel is its location. other than that, everything is just terrible.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • China

Being American and only experiencing hostels in Europe I was a little nervous because of the negative rep hostels have here in the States, but I was so lucky to be wrong! This hostel was in the PERFECT location, in a safe, nice, clean location, and the facilities were very average but everything I could need. The man at the front desk was SO nice and made me feel very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends/family.

The hostel was very clean and nice, didn't have much interaction with the staff but the few times they were nice. The shared bathrooms were very clean compared to other hostels I've been to, which is a big plus. Not much interaction with other guests as most of the time they're probably out in the city. Price (70 dollars a night) was decent considering the location and the city.

I am a recent college graduate that came from Colorado to NYC for a job in the fashion industry. It has been a stressful move, especially while trying to apartment hunt in NYC. The staff at Chelsea was BEYOND amazing and accommodating of my needs, and were EXTREMELY helpful during a very tough transition! They were incredibly nice and understanding of my situation, and the fact that they were willing to help me out so much shows how amazing this staff is! I would without a doubt HIGHLY recommend

• 1st Jun 2015

every things was normal except Wi-Fi connection i should have connected in every room not only commen area or kitchen and kitchen closed very early 23.00pm

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Turkey

The guy in the front desk doesnt help when you need. He prefers to help his friends.

• 30th May 2015

I´ve stayed in a single room, which was fine. There was AC and a sink for me. The hostel provides basic services in a good manner. However, stairs are narrow and uncomfortable. Lockers are available downstairs, on a door that can be accesed by any intruder. A staffer actually told me that there is a "regular" who does that. So security must be improved. Also, it wouldn´t hurt to repaint the walls. I think the single room should be a little cheaper. But all in all I had a good experience here.

I always like it here, simple and affordable in a good location great for if you're travelling alone.

Great location and friendly staff. clean facilities.

Way better than expected. It was exactly what we wanted and we had no trouble with anything.

• 19th May 2015

The Chelsea Int hostel was in a great location (Chelsea neighborhood), a few minutes to the main spots. The room was clean though quite small. The breakfast was ok with bagels and some days you have free pizzas and an stand-up night. The price was quite affordable for NY.

Had an enjoyable stay. Good value for money.

• 18th May 2015