Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

It was ok. Good loaction and that is what matters when you are in NY for a few days.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Spain

What you expect for a hostel at this price, lovely staff, clean beds. Only thing was my room smelt really Bad but not because it hadn't been cleaned but a smell that seems to be coming from the water/bathroom or something?! Only stayed here a night however so not fussed. Also only needed a bed not to socialise so was good for that too.

• 16th Oct 2015

basic but very handy location, safe and central to all you need to do and see. staff helpful and friendly. would stay again without hesistation.really enjoyed my stay. well done

Had a great stay. Thanks so much.

• 15th Oct 2015

Awesome location. For the price it was pretty decent accommodation & it was kept clean.

On the whole hostel met my requirements , staff helpfull but would of liked change of towels during stay whether I should of asked I dont know , did find location bit edgy after dark due to street hustlers , homeless but guess thats across the city and times I was making my way back

• 14th Oct 2015

I was only in NYC for a few days to go to a party and this was perfect. I got a single bedroom just to have a place to toss my stuff and sleep, and it was great: hassle-free, easy to get to, and within my budget. My room overlooked the courtyard, which meant I had wifi in my room (yay!) but also got to hear everyone talking outside at night and at breakfast (not so yay). I missed breakfast both days and didn't interact with other travelers, which was perfectly fine with me. Overall, great value!

Super conveniently located. Easy to find. Great value for its money. I was upgraded into a single room without asking. It was clean and quiet. Safe for a girl, traveling alone. Breakfast was decent. Guy at the reception was helpful and smiley. Pet friendly (there was a fat cat wandering around). I also met nice people, there. I highly recommend it, and will definitely go back there, when in NYC. Thank you Chelsea International!

Great location. The room was very clean! Congrats to the staff. The only problem is the noise. The 2-bed female dorm was facing the street so I had a bad time trying to sleep. However, that's NY - the city that never sleeps.

• 10th Oct 2015

First time using Hostel, would have been nice if lounge stayed open till 1 or 2 in morning. I would not know what to do if was cold out side when all my "roommates" are sleeping"

• 9th Oct 2015

Stayed in a private double room, definately one of the best values in nyc. Chelsea is a great neighborhood. Highline is a must see. Stinky Bklyn at 120 west 20th street has fantastic sandwiches and wonderful beer selection.

• 9th Oct 2015

A good hostel in a good location in NYC. The twin bed en suite we stayed in was clean, comfortable and quiet, the breakfast and wifi situations could be better (i.e. wifi is not available in the hostel, rather the common areas, and a ticket per breakfast was is a bit odd), but it's a good hostel close to transport and walking distance from where you want to go.

You have to pay $5 to leave your luggage, so if you have a bag you don't want to carry around in New York, you should know that arriving before check-in and leaving after check-out time adds ten bucks to your bill. Otherwise decent hostel, nice with 2 person dorms!

This Hostel.while v.basic,is clean & in a terrific area of Manhattan. Note: You must have an a Passport to stay there even if you're not visiting from another country;I think it's to weed out people who might want to use the hostel as a temporary residence while they wait for an apartment(which in NY can take several months.) The staff was for ,the most part,friendly and helpful. However,they should provide Tampons or Sanitary Napkins for female travelers.That aside, I would stay here again:-)

Originally I had thought that there would be a single room reservation for my fiance and I, but was disappointed to find that we had single rooms on different floors. It actually worked out wonderfully! Each floor had a bathroom and shower, the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and there was a wonderful coffee shop down the street. I love the Chelsea area and this is a perfect location to everything in the area. The staff even advised about local attractions and things to do.

• 8th Oct 2015

Not wi-fi I youre room

• 8th Oct 2015

If you don't want to spend too much money for just a place to crush this is the best choice. Very good location, close to everything, nice staff, breakfast and coffee. From my experience in China Town this is way better. I highly recommend it to people who are not that picky (especially international students).

• Romania

Chelsea was a nice, laid back hostel. I liked the location alot.

• 7th Oct 2015

I am spoiled by my own bed/pillow but still thought beds could be better.

• 7th Oct 2015

Well it's NY city, where a room is very expensive! However comparing the prices, I guess this hostel is fine! Location is good. The check in is at 15:00 hrs but they have lockers for the bags until you check in, not really clean but still better than other places.